How can I achieve sleep paralysis?

Previous topic - Next topic

cube

So far I've ONLY been able to project from sleep paralysis.

Negs are easily dealt with, I wrote how you can do it in this thread http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10400
OBE Guide: www.saltcube.com/obe-guide/
Find APers near you: www.saltcube.com/nearMe
Bimonthly OBE Newsletter: www.saltcube.com/?t=newsletter

dkj400

Is there a way to get sleep paralysis apart from a warped sleep cycle?

Yafey

Yes, there is a way.
You have to work upon your awareness through the day. Try to be aware of what you are doing through the day, for instant when you wash your hands or going for a walk. Try any action you want and be aware about what is happening and what you do, how you react and why. This is something like internal observation, without thinking about the thing itself, only watch.
This is an exercise that developes the ability to know what you are doing at an exact moment, and the more you practise it the more you get rid of the sleep cycle.
At the begining, you will not be able to do this for a long time, and when you are trying to astral project you will be somehow 'self-awakened' from the sleep process.

Thing

err! some people pray not to have sleep paralysis... its a health problem.

anyway... i think i have it everytime i try to get lucid, project while sleeping, normaly its when i wake up... but i find my self unable to move, not really much awake (its hard to think) sounds scary hehe, and you can really feel something pushing you (sleep, projection, body.... i really don't know where those forces want me to go). its like a battle, you versus something you don't know, who can control (your body, you consciousnes, i don't know)

hypnotist

Your experiencing hypnotic paralysis, which is just before interring sleep or the end of the sleep cycle.

When one is in a paralyzed state one is in a hypnotic state, being in that state one has a Conscious awareness.

As you stay calm in that awareness state just think the thought "I can move my body" that simple phrase will end the paralysis.

IM going to do a group session of APing by using Hypnosis in NJ.  Its Free. If anyone want to participate your welcome.

Anyone interested in a group free trial contact me. (hypnotist)

Sincerely,
Frank

Naldo

One way is to utilize Hypnotic Suggestions or auto suggestion.

The more relaxed you are, the more effective the suggestion becomes...

Involuntary paralysis can be achieved by repeating the intent constantly either fully awake (BETA brain state) or in a relaxed state (ALPHA Brain State). I use both and it has been fully effective for me.

Acquiring  information regarding the implications of "repetition" and "Hypnosis" was enough for me to begin with.

A good resource on "The logical implications of Repetition" is by Author - Shad Helmstetter, "What to say when you talk to yourself" and for Hypnosis/self hypnosis, well, I have read may books on the topic and would recommend all.

According to Shad, repetition is the key to transformation;
My conclusion is that  the amount of repetition will always be proportional to the brain wave state. For example, Hypothetically speaking, in a:
BETA(14-40 cycles per second) state you might need to repeat the suggestion 1000 times;
ALPHA(7-14) state you might need to repeat the suggestion 100 times;
THETA(4-7) state you will need to  repeat the suggestion 10 times;
DELTA(1-4)state you will need to say the  suggestion 1 time to cause the corresponding effect you desire.

For Now, find the appropriate suggestion and right before you fall asleep keep repeating it several times.

I Use something like this:

"right before I drift into deep sleep, I will realize that I am falling asleep and will induce paralysis."

When I get to the point of paralysis, I simply count backwards from 10 to 1 to bypass Paralysis and enter into the Astral/visualization state. This has always functioned for me; Hope it works for you.

Thing

but with me is much more than that, its my way to get lucid, to project, not only i cant move, but i feel the vibrations.

The prof

Quote : -
Hypnoyist wrote
Your experiencing hypnotic paralysis, which is just before interring sleep or the end of the sleep cycle.

When one is in a paralyzed state one is in a hypnotic state, being in that state one has a Conscious awareness.

As you stay calm in that awareness state just think the thought "I can move my body" that simple phrase will end the paralysis.
                         -------
I know this to be true.  Shouting or anything like that will not work as it justs come out a as grunt etc.  I have had sleep paralysis with my eyes open many times, you really get a diferant perspective this way.  
Not nice to some people, but can be contorlable as expained above.
All the best

holy reality

I'm not sure I've ever been able to project from involuntary sleep paralysis, but self induced paralysis during the night, yes, all the time.

The best way to enter sleep paralysis is to have a lucid dream during an early stage of REM sleep (for me this is harder than the last stages) basically... the stage before you ever wake up at all during the night...

*falling asleep*-------->dreaming------------->wakeup, back to sleep------>dreaming------->wake up, back to sleep------>dreaming-->wake up

that's kidn of what my night is like... so the first or second dreaming sessions, when you are really deeply out of it and the dreams seem the most "coherent" (they tend to have elaborate plots for me, but are the hardest to remember)

if you somehow trigger lucidity during those stages, and force yourself awake, after dealing with dozens (possibly) of false awakenings, you'll finally "awake" into paralysis.

It can be a false-paralysis within a dream though...

also right in the morning if you know you need to get up but you don't want to, and then you worry that you're late, that usually triggers paralysis for me since I feel like I need to get up NOW but my body disagrees.

it's really just best to when you wake up from a dream in the morning, to roll over, focus on your body, clear you head and feel it paralyze... it doesn't always work but if you're in the right state it's very easy.
!..............!

dkj400

I'll try and see if I can project from there no matter what horrible things I may see.

Erm, you can project from sleep paralysis right?