How exactly do you perform the phantom wiggle method?

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymond

Quote from: Rakkso on June 07, 2014, 01:31:27
Hello,
I wanted to post something about a variation of the method Lionheart planted above, I've training/practicing the 6 points movement technique above many times a day since I read it, found that you don't even need a proper tottaly quiet background to do it, just any moment of the day with no loud noise and a moment of tranquility. (i.e. I was in a Construction of a house and after having told the workers what to do I sat in the door steps, closed my eyes and did the waving/floating left,right,front,back,up,down many times, I tryed the same with my eyes open but i had to concentrate more/harder on a point in front of me and found its just better with eyes closed.)
(Both eyes-open/closed work and I believe if I start practicing with my eyes open chances are I'll be training to split/have dual awareness, perhaps(?))

Three days ago after getting home from college I layed in the sofa and started the same thing, suddenly instead of the bouncing front,right,back,left,down,up I found myself permorming a "Kata" which i learned since i was 5.
I was feeling it completely and as real as if I were actually doing it, even performing it in my former dojo. After finishing it I felt myself again laying in the sofa and realized I had de-atached my focus. it was great. so i am no expert but I could conclude that bassicaly you can do any kind of movement you really like doing or have good "feeling impression" of how its done, so you will lose yourself more easily within that focus.

However, its just easier to close your eyes and float/fly to those 6 points around you. In the kata i was feeling arms, torso, back, and legs tensed, (not the physical ones) and havent tottaly lost/de-atached again completely like that day, it needs more concentration in the beggining.

Some short-term paying I guess :-D

What is a Kata: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kata

Karate right?

About the technique, I like it. Over the years I've studied a number of Shaolin martial art forms, I'll have to give it a go!

Thanks for sharing ;)
A fool always loses his temper, But a wise man holds it back.

Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance!

Lionheart

Quote from: Raymond on June 11, 2014, 10:41:09

Karate right?

About the technique, I like it. Over the years I've studied a number of Shaolin martial art forms, I'll have to give it a go!

Thanks for sharing ;)
I'm sure your Martial Arts experience has already taught you how to "discipline the mind".

A disciplined mind is very important for continued success with NP (Non Physical) exploration. In other words, you have a great "head start"!  :wink:

Lionheart

Here is a simple exercise to teach you how to feel that NP/etheric energy.

First push your thumb gently into the middle of your palm. Do this for both hands. This will activate and improve your sense of feeling/touch.

Now, hold your hands about a foot and half apart from each other, facing inwards. Start moving your physical hands closer to together, then back. Don't actually touch them both together. Just get a wave going. Your eyes should still be open here. Do this for 1 minute. Feel the energy moving back and forth between your hands. Your hands should only be moving inwards about 2-3 inches.

Now, close your eyes and continue this motion for about 5 minutes. It is important to do this for the entire (or almost the entire) five minutes. Your eyes will be shut, so you will have to judge the 5 minutes by yourself.

After that 5 minutes I want you to keep your eyes shut, but stop waving your physical hands. Now is when you want to continue waving your NP/Etheric hands. Do this for another 5 minutes.

If done properly and with a strong targeted focus, you will be treated to all kinds of unique sensations and visuals. You don't necessarily have to "see" yourself doing this action. But, if you feel you do, it won't hurt. Some people do better when they can actually visually "see" what they are doing, through visualization. Whereas others say they can't visualize at all.

Good Luck!

If you can think up some other helpful NP focus daily practices, don't be a stranger, post away.

Robert Bruce has a fantastic technique called NEW (New Energy Ways), which is a fantastic way of learning how to move Etheric energy. You can find out more about him and his methods, via a simple Google search. I use it quite a bit to control my chronic pain and spasms.

Lionheart

After another week of practicing these NP exercises I have found that the trick is to go with the flow.

Some days I will start with a simple 6 point focus and find that 2 of the directions are actually creating a very strong pull. Other days, I just close my eyes and await an idea. Like do I dribble/shoot a ball, or focus on NEW, or reach to the sky. It seems to change all the time.

While practicing yesterday and today I found that incorporating my breathing into the 6 point focus works very good for deeper focus as well. On the inhale I either focus on the  point in front of me, one of the sides or the top or bottom point. On the exhale the point in back of me, either opposite side of the inhale or either opposite side of the top or bottom.

After a while it becomes so natural that it's so easy to maintain for longer periods of time.

Micael

Quote from: Lionheart on June 20, 2014, 06:42:02
After another week of practicing these NP exercises I have found that the trick is to go with the flow.

Some days I will start with a simple 6 point focus and find that 2 of the directions are actually creating a very strong pull. Other days, I just close my eyes and await an idea. Like do I dribble/shoot a ball, or focus on NEW, or reach to the sky. It seems to change all the time.

While practicing yesterday and today I found that incorporating my breathing into the 6 point focus works very good for deeper focus as well. On the inhale I either focus on the  point in front of me, one of the sides or the top or bottom point. On the exhale the point in back of me, either opposite side of the inhale or either opposite side of the top or bottom.

After a while it becomes so natural that it's so easy to maintain for longer periods of time.

You're already able to become lucid in your dreams and phase almost at will right? Where do you find what it takes to still be so serious and commited about your development Lion? It's quite amazing to me, I mean if you create that much of a NP focus don't you get there pretty quick?
Certain things you just gotta know to experience. Certain things you just gotta experience to know.

Lionheart

Quote from: Micael on June 20, 2014, 15:20:40
You're already able to become lucid in your dreams and phase almost at will right? Where do you find the what it takes to be still be so serious and commited about your development Lion? It's quite amazing to me, I mean if you create that much of a NP focus don't you get there pretty quick?
Yes, that was and is my goal. Tom Campbell me a couple of years ago that with hard work, some day I will just be able to close my eyes and be "there".

I am not a stranger to hard work. I know that's the only way to achieve a goal. That and practicing what you are learning and constantly evolving the process to keep it "interesting".

Lionheart

I owe a lot of credit for my daily NP exercises and techniques to Robert Peterson. Reading his book free ebook (http://www.robertpeterson.org/obebook.html) last year really enhanced my own beliefs on NP exploration in general.

Especially this written statement/exercise by Robert here:

"EXERCISE 4
Pretend Day

If you've read any other books on Astral Projection, you may have wondered: Why have almost all OBE techniques been an exercise of the imagination? Why are there so many visualizations? Why is pretending so important to leaving the body?

Well, first let me make myself perfectly clear: OBEs are a lot more than just pretend; they are real. Absolutely real. If you've had one, there will be no doubt in your mind. During the OBE, you are as wide-awake, alert and conscious as you are while reading this. Sometimes more so. All this pretending is just a stepping-stone to get you out of your body.

Before talking about pretending, I'd like to expose another myth. Some occult books say that children can leave their bodies easily but it's harder for most adults. They therefore conclude that as you get older, you become more cemented in your physical body. They say the older you get, the harder it is to have OBEs, because we become more focused in our body. Well, that just isn't true. People who say that are using an excuse to be lazy and not practice.

Why, then, don't adults have more OBEs? One reason is that adults don't use their imagination as much or as vividly as children. That doesn't mean we can't use our imaginations well, it just means that most people don't.

There's something magical about the imagination. Children know that intuitively. It's a matter of focus. Children use their imagination to unfocus from their daily lives. They know how to daydream and pretend. That's why children are so psychic! And we can become that psychic--that aware--if we start exercising our playful imaginations too.

This exercise isn't just for now, it's an all-day exercise. I want you to make today "Pretend Day." All day today, at every available opportunity, I want you to exercise your playful imagination. These little pretend skits don't have to be long. It's better to be short and frequent, than long and drawn out. I'll give you some examples. Go through your day doing these sorts of things:

The next time you sit down, just pretend for a few short seconds that you fall through your chair (in your astral body) and find yourself on the ground or through the floor. The next time you open a door, playfully pretend that your hand passes through the door knob instead of grabbing it. The next time you walk up a flight of stairs, playfully pretend you glide up it smoothly without walking. Pretend that your astral body glides up the stairs and patiently waits for your physical body to arrive at the top. The next time you look in a mirror, pretend you are looking at your physical body from afar. Pretend you are astral, in as many instances as you can.

Also, it's good to pretend non-OBE things today. For instance, the next time you take a drive in your car, pretend that it lifts off the ground the starts flying over the traffic. The next time you are stopped by a traffic light, pretend that you get out a gun and shoot it! "

Lionheart

Shortly after posting that last post on Robert Peterson, I sat at my computer, closed my eyes and tried to simulate driving.

I started simple, like just holding onto the wheel and getting a feel for that action. I then reached to put the keys in the ignition and started to back up first so I could get out of my driveway. I did lose my focus on this action a couple of times, but immediately started it again.

I began to drive straight down a simple road, once again, just getting a feel for the wheel. I then saw a slight curve up ahead, just enough to get me to react with a slight turn of the wheel. Immediately this effect felt so real, I could swear my body was moving. So, I continued down my virtual road. Once again, I saw another curve ahead. This one though led to another curve opposite way. I wasn't consciously making this road/obstacle course appear. I was just reacting to what was there, just as I would driving in this physical reality.

Now at first, I couldn't see anything but the road ahead. I wasn't focusing on the actual background environment around me and in front of me. After about 10 minutes of staying with this, that changed quickly. I was just reacting to whatever morphed in front of me.

I will leave you with that as my last words, because I don't want to "lead" you into my experience. I would rather you have your own.

Try it. I guess it would be akin to the feeling of motion that you get when you are deep into a Car Racing video game. The cool thing was, I didn't know what to expect down the road. A video game normally has the same tracks or sequences.

The only part of my "travel" that I did control was basically putting my hands on the wheel, backing up from my driveway and starting straight down the road.

This entire NP experiment consumed nearly a half hour of my focus. Like I said, though, I strayed from it a couple of times, but then immediately went back to where I left off.

Don't be discouraged if you can't hold your Focus on one thing for a long time. Just keep going back to it. Stay the course and you will find that your NP focal skills get better and better.  :-)

soarin12

Quote from: Lionheart on July 10, 2014, 22:08:14
Shortly after posting that last post on Robert Peterson, I sat at my computer, closed my eyes and tried to simulate driving.

I started simple, like just holding onto the wheel and getting a feel for that action. I then reached to put the keys in the ignition and started to back up first so I could get out of my driveway. I did lose my focus on this action a couple of times, but immediately started it again.

I began to drive from straight down a simple road, once again, just getting a feel for the wheel. I then saw a slight curve up ahead, just enough to get me to react with a slight turn of the wheel. Immediately this effect felt so real, I could swear my body was moving. So, I continued down my virtual road. Once again, I saw another curve ahead. This one though led to another curve opposite way. I wasn't consciously making this road/obstacle course appear. I was just reacting to what was there, just as I would driving in this physical reality.

Now at first, I couldn't see anything but the road ahead. I wasn't focusing on the actual background environment around me and in front of me. After about 10 minutes of staying with this, that changed quickly. I was just reacting to whatever morphed in front of me.

I will leave you with that as my last words, because I don't want to "lead" you into my experience. I would rather you have your own.

Try it. I guess it would be akin to the feeling of motion that you get when you are deep into a Car Racing video game. The cool thing was, I didn't know what to expect down the road. A video game normally has the same tracks or sequences.

The only part of my "travel" that I did control was basically putting my hands on the wheel, backing up from my driveway and starting straight down the road.

This entire NP experiment consumed nearly a half hour of my focus. Like I said, though, I strayed from it a couple of times, but then immediately went back to where I left off.

Don't be discouraged if you can't hold your Focus on one thing for a long time. Just keep going back to it. Stay the course and you will find that your NP focal skills get better and better.  :-)

Ha-Ha!  I just tried this.  For some reason I had a hard time staying in the car.  I kept wanting to fly along above the car!  Maybe because I've already done so much driving today -I didn't want to be stuck in the car again.  It really is a great exercise.  I think it really helps when the scenery keeps changing.  I was tending to lose my focus easily during visualization exercises and then I discovered if I just stayed in one place (say -floating down the stairs) for 3 seconds, then quickly in my mind traveled 10 ft. or so ahead (to the guinea pig cage) stay there and look at it for 3 seconds, then quickly 10 ft. forward again (to the door) 3 sec. looking and touching it  -etc. I could make my way out of the house and through the neighborhood without losing focus for a long time.  The trick was to only stay in one spot for 3 sec. and then be on the move again.  I don't give myself a chance to get bored with the scenery.  Hopefully if I keep at it, I'll be able to linger longer in one area.  :)

Lionheart

Quote from: soarin12 on July 10, 2014, 22:57:24
Ha-Ha!  I just tried this.  For some reason I had a hard time staying in the car.  I kept wanting to fly along above the car!  Maybe because I've already done so much driving today -I didn't want to be stuck in the car again.  It really is a great exercise.  I think it really helps when the scenery keeps changing.  I was tending to lose my focus easily during visualization exercises and then I discovered if I just stayed in one place (say -floating down the stairs) for 3 seconds, then quickly in my mind traveled 10 ft. or so ahead (to the guinea pig cage) stay there and look at it for 3 seconds, then quickly 10 ft. forward again (to the door) 3 sec. looking and touching it  -etc. I could make my way out of the house and through the neighborhood without losing focus for a long time.  The trick was to only stay in one spot for 3 sec. and then be on the move again.  I don't give myself a chance to get bored with the scenery.  Hopefully if I keep at it, I'll be able to linger longer in one area.  :)
LOL, you still have to steer a plane!  :-D 

Actually your flying above the car reminds me of a lot of my own projections. In them, I seem to be trailing something at first, until I actually become the pliot/driver of the vehicle, per say.

Thanks for sharing Soarin, I enjoy hearing your adventures. It sounds like you are using your "creativity" quite well here.

The trick to these entire sets/techniques of exercises is "staying power". I call it "my stubborness". But, it comes from within.

Szaxx

This reminded me of an experience I had in the '60's.
A TV advert for shredded wheat ( looks like an elongated cushion) had a lad sat upon it going for a 'drive' along some roads.
I thought this would be wonderful to actually do and after being in deep thought on imagining this, I carried on with my day.
A couple of nights later I had the exact experience that the lad taking the ride was me and the roads all local being familiar is where I travelled.
This occured for a few nights until it's attractiveness waned.

INTENT and subconcious programming being made during the imagination and deep thought.
I'd have been 8 or 9 years old at that time.
Imagine the tactile senses with driving and use your imagination to be in a known place with a strong desire to achieve it.
Adverts repeat the same thing and this too may be worth considering, it will lock the memory into your subconcious and eventually it may become an experience.
No doubts and no fast track expectations are required, just the thought of 'wouldn't it be nice if...'.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

soarin12

These exercises are paying off for me.  I practiced Lion's driving exercise 3 or 4 more times yesterday - except I changed it to flying, which seems to work better for me.  Then last night I placed my intent to project, and the first 2 times my usual phasing/SP combination failed me.  The third time I had to tell myself -OK, remember what you practiced.  I did the same flying exercise as I had practiced and projected with no problem.  I could also tell that just that one day of practice had strengthened my focus -my ability to hold onto the visual.  This is good stuff!  And I am not a natural in the visualization department.  I was told as a child that I had absolutely no imagination whatsoever! lol.  If I can do this, anyone can.

Sour

Quote from: Lionheart on May 31, 2014, 21:59:21
Another great practice is focus on a point about 5ft to your right, then in back of you, to the left of you, in front of you, under you (this usually creates a feeling of levitating), then to overtop of you (this usually creates a feeling of rising). Now go back and forth between your focus on the right point and left point. Then do the same to the back and front points and lastly the up and down points. Feel the "tug o war" that is being created. Feel yourself being stretched in these directions.

My first few attempts with this technique produced some very visceral reactions. I decided to maintain the 'right to left' motion for about 6 minutes on my back and was overtaken by shifting that spanned about 2.5 feet. It wasn't a mental or imagined sensation - it was closer to something physical. I have the idea that anything non-physical should feel well, non-physical :?. Would my experience be considered a success?

superman

Quote from: Lionheart on May 31, 2014, 21:59:21
I can answer this one because it is one thing I am very familiar with.

It basically starts with practicing a NP focus often. You can spend a couple of minutes whenever you have a chance or actually do an entire of lengthy session of it.

I found that getting used to focusing on points outside of the body has led to me being able to achieve this "phantom wiggle" at will.

Everyone has experienced shivers many times. Well this is a inner shiver that you can initiate at will with just a thought. Think of the time that you tasted something extremely tart of sour. That usually gives you shiver too.

After a couple of years of learning how to create a strong NP focus, I am able to get a spinning sensation started with just a thought. Whether my eyes or open or not. Believe it or not, this actually creates the onset of a projection and SP in general as well.

You can create this focus by just closing your eyes during the day and doing NP things. Example of this, you are walking down your driveway/sidewalk, there is tree off to your left about 30 feet away. Close your eyes and try to touch it. Don't think too much about doing it. Just do it. Feel the bark of the tree. See your surroundings from standing close to the tree. Do this often. You will see that you will "ENTRAIN" yourself to see that this is completely normal.

Another great practice is focus on a point about 5ft to your right, then in back of you, to the left of you, in front of you, under you (this usually creates a feeling of levitating), then to overtop of you (this usually creates a feeling of rising). Now go back and forth between your focus on the right point and left point. Then do the same to the back and front points and lastly the up and down points. Feel the "tug o war" that is being created. Feel yourself being stretched in these directions.

This didn't come easy at first and I thought it would be totally unnecessary and too much work as well. But I stayed the course for over 2 years now doing this many times daily and am now reaping the rewards for my effort.

This will teach you to disassociate yourself from your physical body AT WILL. That's right, AT WILL.

I have found through practicing every technique out there that if you put your focus on simply getting used to being NP (Non Physical), that your work towards that goal will pay off in ways you have never imagined.

It opens up your awareness so much that sometimes it gets scary. You find that not only can you access the NP at will. But that it becomes part of you and in that opens up all kinds of unique skills per say.

I always say, "change your mindset, you change your reality" and this is sooooooooooooooooooooo true. Once you realize that you are more than your physical body, you start to open yourself to so many other options.

This daily affirmation has helped many people successfully AP. Check it out. I use it EVERY day. I repeat the words 5 times in succession.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yra1SQOOuGE

Wow such a great post!
You are in physical dimension to learn and understand that your thoughts and emotions causes all experience.

Methen

Lumaza

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

SCHMUSTIN

Great thread.... I am at work right now so I need to finish reading this when I get home.

SCHMUSTIN

Love this thread.

Read through it again and would like to see if some one can provide more explanation to what this "TUG-OF-WAR" sensation people are talking about?

I believe I am experiencing this.

For example: I tend to lay on my side when projecting. At which point I will visualize myself rocking to the left, and then to the right, until it feel as if my NP form is actually moving. For further clarification when I rock toward my front (While laying on my right side) I can actually feel my face getting squished into the pillow more.

So this is where I get the "TUG-OF-WAR" sensation I believe people are talking about....
When I feel this rocking sensation is providing results, for example: I will try the "Roll Out Method".
When I do this, I roll in the direction that seems to be working best. (Usually forward as it feels the most natural)
So, if I am rolling toward the front I will get this sensation that I can only roll so far, and then I kind of get this stuck feeling (some sort of resistance). At which point i focus on rolling even farther. There is this, almost "pressure" sensation I begin to feel on my back, almost as if i'm being pushed, but a wall in front of me.

Is this what people are referring to...? if so what should I do do get past this point.

Lumaza

The "tug-o-war" sensation is akin to being on a virtual "seesaw". When I "etherically" pivot back and forth quickly between two opposing directions, like say forward and backward, I will feel a actual pulling sensation, like a magnet drawing together.

The Phantom wiggling or as it has progressed into more of a 6pt directional focus is there to help you get accustomed to the actual feelings of your "etheric body", which in turn allows you to release your focus on your physical one.

Right now, our son is showing great progress with this at the rehab center he is at. As I mentioned, he broke his neck 2 months ago and is known as C5-6 incomplete. Incomplete means he has a very real chance of a somewhat full recovery. Right now, he is paralyzed from his nipples down. Through his current rehab and his "etherical" work, he is slowing showing signs of a brain to nerve connection again. Just feeling his "etheric" body and the etheric motions has given him a lot of faith in recovery.

He knows what I do, but was never a part of it. Nobody here in our family or my current local friend base is. He said when he first had the accident that "he was open to anything". Well, this definitely qualifies as "anything", lol.

For Astral Projection though, this entire technique is just a way to "prime the pump". There is no actual climbing out of anything. But, and that's a big BUT, you will often find that you have projected without realizing it. You will notice this once you sense a change in the darkness before your eyes. First it may get a bit "grainy". Then it will seem to have a whole new depth. Kind of like you are in a vast tunnel or space. All you need to do then is to set a intent and "be" there. You can do a check to see if you are ready by focusing on some simple action like perhaps hitting the ball with a paddle, like in ping pong. Don't look for the paddle. It's already in your hand. The ball is coming your way as well. Just hit it across the net in front of you. If it all plays out like that, you are primed and ready to explore what you came you wish to.

The one thing I can't stress enough is that you need to be "passive" with your focus. You need to don your "Explorer Hat" and see what you can see, feel what you can feel, hear what you can hear, sense what you can sense. Do that a few times, before you start to demand things.

My favorite thing is to focus on a child's toy spinning top. It only stays a spinning top for a few moments before it begins to morph into something else. This is when I allow it to and I passively observe it. If I lose the entire visual, no big thing, I just bring it back. Don't fight it though. If something completely different occurs, allow it the freedom to progress. Just be aware of it. Once you have completed your session, you can question it as you are logging it into your Journal. You can use that question as a "intent" the next time you go to do a session. There is no rush. But daily practice will pay off for you. It will create a form of "Brain Entrainment" where you get to know your "sweet spot". That daily practice will also cut the time it takes to "prime the pump" down quite a bit.

My entire technique may seem like it takes a long time to do, but it doesn't. It takes me longer to type it here, then it does to actually do it for real, lol.  :-D  Once you get good with it, you will understand what I mean.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla