How to use 'The Gateway Experience' Hemi-Sync from The Monroe Institute

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker

Hello Floriferous,

Thank you for the clarification.

Since I'm searching for a tool in order to AP, perhaps I should try The Journey O.O.B.E Hemi-Sync first and see how it works.

·W·

floriferous

Quote from: Walker on June 20, 2014, 18:42:46
Hello Floriferous,

Thank you for the clarification.

Since I'm searching for a tool in order to AP, perhaps I should try The Journey O.O.B.E Hemi-Sync first and see how it works.

·W·

Just to clarify for myself what do you mean when you say astral project? Do you simply mean to project into the astral rather than the RTZ (as RB would term it)? Because if that's the case then personally I would go with the Gateway.

Xanth

This all comes back to the question of what's the difference between the "RTZ" (as RB coined it) and the "Astral"?

I don't see any difference.  The phrase "Real Time Zone" is as bad and misleading as the term "Out of Body Experience".

The reality people experience when they project to a familiar environment (ie: their bedroom/house) is just another non-physical reality.  You just recognize/interpret that which your mind has created.
So if you recognize your surroundings, they say you're in the RTZ... if you don't recognize them, they say you're in the astral.  It's just a label defining perspective in relation to your own physical reality experience.

floriferous

Quote from: Xanth on June 20, 2014, 19:38:02
This all comes back to the question of what's the difference between the "RTZ" (as RB coined it) and the "Astral"?

I don't see any difference.  The phrase "Real Time Zone" is as bad and misleading as the term "Out of Body Experience".

The reality people experience when they project to a familiar environment (ie: their bedroom/house) is just another non-physical reality.  You just recognize/interpret that which your mind has created.
So if you recognize your surroundings, they say you're in the RTZ... if you don't recognize them, they say you're in the astral.  It's just a label defining perspective in relation to your own physical reality experience.

I agree with you 100% but in this instance I'm not sure it helps Walker get clarity with his question.

Xanth

Quote from: floriferous on June 20, 2014, 21:17:35
I agree with you 100% but in this instance I'm not sure it helps Walker get clarity with his question.
I was just kind of "putting that out there".  Not *exactly* for just Walker.  :)

Walker

Quote from: floriferous on June 20, 2014, 19:02:00
Just to clarify for myself what do you mean when you say astral project? Do you simply mean to project into the astral rather than the RTZ (as RB would term it)? Because if that's the case then personally I would go with the Gateway.

Is there much difference? I've read many books on the topics in the past years, but you know that every author gives his own definition so, in that sense, you can say I'm new to all this jargon.

If I understood it right, if I want to project into my room, house, for visiting my friends and family, to see what they are doing while I'm projecting, etc. I should try the Gateway Experience. However, if I want 'to visit' what Frank Kepple called Focus 2 or 3 (I mention him because I'm currently reading this link), I should try The Journey O.O.B.E Hemi-Sync...?

floriferous

Quote from: Walker on June 21, 2014, 08:02:36
Is there much difference? I've read many books on the topics in the past years, but you know that every author gives his own definition so, in that sense, you can say I'm new to all this jargon.

If I understood it right, if I want to project into my room, house, for visiting my friends and family, to see what they are doing while I'm projecting, etc. I should try the Gateway Experience. However, if I want 'to visit' what Frank Kepple called Focus 2 or 3 (I mention him because I'm currently reading this link), I should try The Journey O.O.B.E Hemi-Sync...?

Well I think this is where xanths comments come back in. I would personally forget a lot of what you have read. By expecting this or that you are creating a belief system that may inhibit non-physical perceptions. If you expect only to project in your bedroom while using jootb then that's what you'll get. Perhaps god is really there to tell you the secrets of the universe but you wouldn't know because you've already set the expectation to see your bedroom and nothing more.

There's a bill buhlman video in one of the stickies in one of the first three forum channels that talks about the need to shed all your old beliefs while ob. Worth a watch

Walker

Well, actually I'm not expecting anything. I don't know where these practices would take me, that's why I'm asking what you meant in your last post. I'd just like to experience and o.o.b.e, I don't mind where my consciousness will 'awakes', my room, an island, the Moon.. I'll try to observe wherever the scenario might be.

Xanth

Quote from: Walker on June 21, 2014, 10:37:46
Well, actually I'm not expecting anything. I don't know where these practices would take me, that's why I'm asking what you meant in your last post. I'd just like to experience and o.o.b.e, I don't mind where my consciousness will 'awakes', my room, an island, the Moon.. I'll try to observe wherever the scenario might be.
That's just it though... this "expectation" isn't something you're usually consciously aware of.  You've read the information, so it's now floating around in your subconscious.
It's easy to say that "I'm not expecting anything"... when the truth is that that is probably out of your control at this point.

Walker

You guys are confusing me now. Should I expect something? Should I not?

Should I drop it all because the effort it's not worth it, because the goal is too high, because I've read too much, because I haven't read it all?

:?

Xanth

Quote from: Walker on June 21, 2014, 12:30:42
You guys are confusing me now. Should I expect something? Should I not?

Should I drop it all because the effort it's not worth it, because the goal is too high, because I've read too much, because I haven't read it all?

:?
What do you think?

Szaxx

Use the info you've read as a reference to what YOU experience.
I'll use colour as a metaphor to explain.

Everything you've read will be different in principle and methodology. Take each piece of info and imagine it in a book that's one particular colour. That will allow you to group all similar methods into similar colours.
While learning you'll read many different 'colours'. As your knowledge increases you may find one particular colour appealing in it's methods. You can try for ever and not get anywhere if your choice is incorrect.
So, keep an open mind and accept the info you've read as background info only.
This way you have all the colours available and until you experience YOUR colour don't expect any one in particular to be correct.
Somewhere you'll get an experience and this is when you relate yours to one that you've read about.
Your colour is then becomes clear and directs you.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Walker

Quote from: Xanth on June 21, 2014, 13:25:06
What do you think?

I think that seeking help in forums about OBE's, Meditation, Body-Mind-Spirit, etc. usually turn to be more harmful than beneficial, especially when there are too many 'full cups' out there who think they are in possession of THE TRUTH about the topic.

People tend to forget easily how it is like to be a beginner; the lack of ability to convey knowledge is also common in forums & discussion groups. Internet is a blessing for many things, but there is also so much noise...

OOBE717

I'm currently in Wave 2 experimenting with Focus 12. I spent about a month on Wave 1 and sometimes I think that that was not enough. I didn't even know that it was the norm to read the manual... heck I didn't even know there was a manual
Follow my journey of exploration through altered concioussness at Astral Projection Guide

floriferous

TMI now offer an online Gateway Experience course with a personal tutor who is a seasoned residential trainer to guide you through it. Could always try that