How would you describe AP to someone who has never done it?

Previous topic - Next topic

Riddle

I mean, how does the 'separation' feel? Does it feel like being connected to your physical body while being someone else? How do you feel both existences at the same time? When you look around and see yourself, does it feel like being someone else? Do you still feel your physical organs' functioning?

Xanth

It's like having the most vivid, physical dream, but knowing you're dreaming.

SCHMUSTIN

Quote from: Riddle on January 10, 2017, 16:35:00
I mean, how does the 'separation' feel? Does it feel like being connected to your physical body while being someone else? How do you feel both existences at the same time? When you look around and see yourself, does it feel like being someone else? Do you still feel your physical organs' functioning?

With my very limited experience..... It feels natural.
Jarring at first, but over all.. enjoyable.

You are concentrated on the NP so you are not aware that you even have a physical body.

I guess if you wanted to feel you physical organs you could but I don't see added value in it.

"Weather you think you can, or think you cant. Either way, your always right. Its the thinking that makes it so." 

just my $0.02 with very limited experience.

Selski

For me, sometimes it's as if I have a second, lighter physical body that fits snugly into my primary physical body. These times I have to clamber/squeeze myself out. Conciousness goes with the second body, although I'm still aware that I am also a sleeping first body too. I have had dual consciousness (actually it was three separate, but connected consciousnesses) which felt natural at the time - but is really quite impossible to explain. The three states of awareness were first my physical body, second my second/astral body floating very close to the physical and third my dream body.

When having an OBE and finding myself in a similar room to the one my physical body is in, it feels much like I'm physical, but there is a heightened sense of awareness, rather like becoming lucid in a dream. I don't feel as heavy and if I put my mind to floating, I automatically float upwards.

At first I had some problems with total separation - somewhere would feel 'stuck' and I'd have the top half of me astrally floating around, but waist down I was solid and stuck to the bed. I've also had it the other way round where my legs are floating upwards but I'm attached at the neck. Funny.  :-D

The process of getting out of the first/physical body can be tricky, but with practice it is a simple case of mentally moving away. Rolling out I found to be the easiest and most natural when I first started.

It feels completely and totally real - and so incredibly unlike what Joe Public would term a dream.

Explaining it is one thing, but how the other person interprets it is another. I swear my OH thinks I'm 'merely' dreaming and I've pretty much stopped talking to him about it. Thank goodness there are forums like this one where I'm totally understood by other projectors.

:-)
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.