Hypnagogic Imagery and Projections

Previous topic - Next topic

jason

Lately I've been experimenting with using hypnogogic imagery as well.I find it is much more vivid and detailed if you can learn how to reach a trance state.Light trance is good,but full trance is better.If your body is relaxed as possible,the imagery "surrounds" you more.I find that the longer you relaxe your body and the deeper you go,the more vivid the imagery gets.If you were to progressively relaxe your body and mind,while working with hypnogogic imagery long enough,you would probably launch into a lucid dream (A GATEWAY TO AN OBE?)much of the imagery seems to be metaphoric, and many times if you ask a question to yourself while in a hypnogogis state, you will get answers immediatly.It seems that it might be possible to learn remote viewing in this state,not sure how (visualising/feeling an actual place?).I wish I had some better advice,but I am still experimenting with it as well.I think the key is to  combine  trance meditation and relaxation of the body/ mind until you start to get hypnogogic imagery,and then send the body to sleep,while the concious mind remains awake,thus entering astral planes through a dream pool.does anyone have more detailed advice on this?

The musical conciousness is mind beneath the sun.

DEBerryJr

Thank you so much for your reply. [:>] I appreciate the tips! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

quote:
Originally posted by jason:

and many times if you ask a question to yourself while in a hypnogogis state, you will get answers immediatly.

So you've asked questions and recieved immediate answers in this state? How did they come?

I appreicate the tips, I state again. :)

Take care. I look forward to your reply. :)

Sincerely,

D. E. Berry Jr.

jason

Answers arrive inthe form of semi dreamlike metaphorical imajery.It is up to the individual to figure out what it means,as symbolism is very subjective.It may remind you of some "unfinished business" from your past,or recent experiences,it may remind you of a recent experince or idea or decision you have been grappling with.The deeper you go into meditation,the more detailed,expansive,and dreamlike the imagery becomes and you may start hearing things (crashes,voices,etc).You may even get the reply in the form of a dream-spiritguide visitation,in which case you may actually be able to converse with this being.this requires the  physical body to be completely asleep.This also requires an intense need for this to happen.This being could be a deeper aspect of your own conciousness (higher self).Once you start to explore these areas of conciousness and experience,your dreams will become more vivid and memorabe,with more lucid dream experiences.you will also have more of  a likelihood of suceeding in concious astral projection.

k2sixx

The hypnogogic state is something I've been working with a great deal lately.  The only thing I haven't tried, is the addition of an interupted sleep technique.  I will give this a go tonight.

jason

Ryan:That is a very good technique.I have been projecting on and off for the past ten years and I forgot about that! I'll have to start doing that again because it is one of the most reliable methods of projection aroundhttp://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>.I guess thats one advantage of being unemployed...

Adrian

Greetings Jason!

Thank you for sharing your experiences with everyone here.

Yes, the mind awake/body asleep state seems to be very important in achieving the "gateway" state to the Astral.

It would seem from Frank's work that once achieving this state, how and where you enter the Astral is largely dependant on what you do next. See the "Gateway Wave 1 pointers" thread:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=&TOPIC_ID=1832

It is also becoming increasingly apparent that a controlled, repeatable Astral portal rouine will provide a much higher level of contol over where you emerge in the Astral, and the experiences whlle there.

I am moving this topic to the Astral Consciousness forum to keep it in context.

Thanks again.

With best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

hypnotist

Hello Jason,Adrian, and D.E.Berry Jr.,

I'm Frank Mulley A. Ht.

I'm a Certified Advanced Hypnotist for the past 8 years. If you need any information on faster and better techniques on the use of hypnosis you can contact me here under hypnotist. Or e-mail me at hypnotist41@aol.com or hypnomulley1@yahoo.com

Yes Mind wake, body asleep is a hypnotic state. Once in Theta there is 8 levels of trance in Theta . Hypno-Idle, Light hypnosis, Medium, Somnambulism, Deep Somnambulism, Esdial State, Canatonic State, Ultra Depth.

Question for those that try to go deeper into trance. Please write your insturctions on how to go deeper.  Mine is to double the relaxation with each count from 1 to 5 then tripleing the relaxation with each and every count from 1 to 5.  Then my relaxation will go 10 times deeper with each and every count from 1 to 10.

Then fractionisatiion of eyes 3 times.

Doing this is like counting into trances from 1 to 4,000.  This takes less then 5 minutes with doubling, tripling, multiplying the relaxation 10 times with each count then fractionisation of eyes 3 times.

When I reach Theta (Hypnosis)- (Lucid State) I give myself my KEY WORD so when I say it to myself in my mind I will go back to that same level of relaxation in seconds.

Its very easy to achieve that state in less then a minute when the right technique is used and done. Once done the key word is given. (Deeply Relax) When said to ones self in his mind it will take you to that same level of trance in seconds.

Once there the mind is more awake then before and the body is hundred times more a sleep and you can stay in Lucid State as long as you want.

I have scripts of Inductions if you would like to try it.

Sincerely,
Frank

Matthew Kingsley

The Hypnotist ( Hypnotist41@aol.com ) knows exactly what he's talking about. Anyone who's had any experience in the trance
state has had experience with hypnagogia. I found the hypnagogic state to be a mish-mash of input from the sixth sense. It has
elements of precognition, clairaudience, clairvoyance, telepathy and so on. For example I was at a resort my grandmother
brought our family to and during one afternoon I decided to enter into trance state. I induced hypnagogic images and saw a
vision of my cousin riding a sea-doo ( water vehicle ) and turning abruptly in front of me to splash water over me. I later learned
he was bothering my grandmother all day for the rental of the sea-doo. During the time I was meditating, he was riding the
sea-doo which I didn't know at the time. This was a real telepathic vision in full movement and colour. The hypnagogic state is
ALMOST the state you need for projection. It's the signpost saying projection is just around the corner. Prolonging the
hypnagogic state is easier than deepening it. I've used a full body falling sensation to deepen my trance state while in hypnagogia
with some success. I would advise you to look into some of the scripts the Hypnotist has to offer.

Matthew Kingsley
winterman@vif.ca

Herat

Question

Is the hypnagogic state in alpha or theta?

I have recently been experimenting with this state but i really dont know much about it nor can i find much info on the net(maybe im looking in the wrong place) I first noticed this state a few years ago but didnt know what it was until recently. Once i enter the state, i can manage to pull back a few times before falling asleep.

If any of you can share some techniques that deepen or prolong the hypnagogic state..i would be greatful.

beavis

Sometimes when I'm falling asleep (and much less often when I try to), I pay attention to the random stuff I see that at first looks like illusions caused by my eye lids, but then does lots of random stuff while still being blurry (hypnagogic). If I look at it a few minutes, sometimes it becomes so clear its like I saw it with my physical eyes, but it only lasts a few seconds. The last time I saw that, I had taken "600 mcg" (1 dose) of melatonin (a natural brain chemical), a sleeping pill. Its as simple as continuing to look at whatever you see, regardless of if it looks real.

DEBerryJr

I'm calling all projectors for the how-tos of causing, working with, using, and projecting from the hypnagogic state with the visions and such.

All tips are greatly appreciated. [:>]

Sincerely,

D. E. Berry Jr.