News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Hypnogogia

Previous topic - Next topic

madmagus

Earlier this year, a user called 'WW' posted and talked, in part, about a long series of random images he could watch but not necessarily step into.  He referred to this as a form of Phasing, or at least asked questions along these lines, not to put words in his mouth.

I get these random HD/3D images often either when meditating or trying to Phase/OBE, either faces or scenes, usually outdoor related.  But I never looked at them as Phasing.  I always viewed them as hypnogogia or hypnopompia.  I've never considered any event Phasing if I didn't actually step into the scene fully and become part of the event.  I've always looked at the flashing scenery as a preliminary bout, something to get you ready for the main event.  Not a very scientific perspective.  Just convenient.

Anyone else look at this as hypnogogia/pompia?

Xanth

"Watching" a scene would be more comparable to Remote Viewing.  That's all remote viewing really is.  I'd definitely include Hypnogogic imagery in that... it'd just be a really short remote view.

"Entering" and "Engaging" with the scene would then be Phasing.

Both being forms of "Projecting".  :)

It sounds like you're starting to think about and consider the "differences" of these experiences.  I applaud you.  :)

Keep questioning!

astralm

Thanks for posting this is a great subject.  Although most people probably have a similar view of this as merely a warm up for the main show as you put it, there is much that can be gained from these experiences.  Monroe talks in his books about being able to from I believe this state play back "rote" complete with rewind and pause functions, I believe this is in his second book Far Journeys.  He also talks, I believe in his first book, about a valve hiss movie screen type experience where he sees scenes from the future.  According to Monroe these became true with quite high accuracy although some he shared never appeared to come true.  This is also the state I believe Tom Campbell talks about frequently where he received many of his insights for work problems.  He talks about basically how you can from here ask a question to the LCS and then receive an answer, which is really just exactly what you are doing with remote viewing.

Though I don't recall seeing faces very often I do see outdoor scenes same as you.  My thoughts on this are that either through meditation or OBE you are try to liberate or be free of constraints, in meditation it could be the constraints of your thoughts or the illusions of PMR, the "ignorance of Samsara" as a Buddhist might say.  In an OBE for a long time and for many it is still viewed as literally "getting outside" your body.  So to me it makes since with this intent you would produce or channel or see or remote view (however you would like to label it) outdoor themes.  As I was trying to elude to in the first part of my post though this doesn't have to be all these are.  If you change your intent, as many of the more advanced practitioners do regularly, you can actually turn this state into a very practical tool for everyday life.  Indeed an argument could be made this state has the ability to produce at least equal practical knowledge and insight for everyday application than fully phasing or a traditional projection.

serge

Quote from: Xanth on December 06, 2017, 08:04:28
"Watching" a scene would be more comparable to Remote Viewing.  That's all remote viewing really is.  I'd definitely include Hypnogogic imagery in that... it'd just be a really short remote view.

"Entering" and "Engaging" with the scene would then be Phasing.

Both being forms of "Projecting".  :)

It sounds like you're starting to think about and consider the "differences" of these experiences.  I applaud you.  :)

Keep questioning!
:-)

I missed your post in December. To me hypnopompia is the main gate to NP. And I believe that what I have done in the hypnopompic state is  OBEs. In the state of hypnopompia , I see landscapes and people who I know are not part of my waking reality. Then I jump-in become part of it out of free will. I have flown to places. Argued with strangers. As far as I can tell the main factor is will power and belief that this is all real. I understand from my readings that some people would not consider my experiences as true OBEs because I did not follow the established path (vibrations, etc). I don't now. I believe that we are all different. What works for someone will not work for someone else. Thanks for your post. :-)

Lumaza

Hey Serge. I just wanted to tell you that it's been a real "treat" to watch your progress through the years here. You have shown the patience, perseverance and have also put in the practice time needed to achieve what you do. Now you are reaping the rewards for all your effort.  8-)
It's great to witness "evolution"!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla