I have to notice my physical

Previous topic - Next topic

Astralsuzy

Hi all, everyone keeps saying to let go of your physical.  If I let go of my physical I would not ap as often.  It is very important that I notice my physical body.  That is a very good indication that I am about to ap.  In particular I have to notice my forehead.  I breathe in and out and if my forehead starts to feel relaxed then I know I can ap.   I just wanted to let you know.

Xanth

Just keep doing whatever works for you.
If you need to focus on your physical body to project, then focus on your physical body.

Allow your personal experience to guide you. 

Astralsuzy

Thanks Xanth, I guess what works for one person may not work for another person.  We have to do whatever works for us.  I have to remember my advice to other people, just because it works for me, it may not work for them.

Astralzombie

I'm glad you pointed that out AS. Do you have to remain focused on your physical up until a certain point and then project or it it constant attention the whole way through?

Only you know what works for you but I'm inclined to think that you have noticed some subtle physical indicators that let you know your really close and then you are able to rapidly shift your attention away from the body. You would get this ability from paying good attention to detail and remembering the physical feelings that are different from failed attempts.

I know that some people like to focus on their breathing the whole time but that has never worked for me. I absolutely must turn my attention away from my body.

Whatever the case, you're a great example in proving that no one size fits all. :-)
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Contenteo

I feel like I have to chime in because I may have been a culprit here. :-D

It is about changing your perspective. A mental visualization is an intangible perspective. Listening to yourself breath is a physical perspective. Focusing on that 'ringing' in your ears is an intangible perspective. Focusing on not being able to feel you foot is a phsyical perspective. Focusing on the vibrations that occur when you focus on your forehead in just the right spot,  I would also count as an intangible perspectives. I think you get the idea.

As a newcomer, I always remember listening to outside sounds and never being able to phase. I wish someone told me that doing so was wrong back then. We focus on helping so much, I think we forget to inform/reinforce to people of what not to do. That's just as important as what you should be doing.

Its really more of an 'inward gaze' than anything. I guess external/internal are another good way to describe tangible and intangible.  8-)

So, again, you can never 'let go' of the physical, because phasing is passive, you need to be focused on something else all together.

I personally find my best phases when I focus around where my hypothalamus is located. I had the sensation that Frank described as flipping a light switch(to get into F12) and have been hooked on it ever since. I visualize my hypothalamus is a little squishy ball and start squishing it in different ways. I consider that an intangible approach.   

Cheers,
Contenteo

Astralzombie

QuoteSo, again, you can never 'let go' of the physical, because phasing is passive, you need to be focused on something else all together.

Can you expand a little more when you say that we can never let go of the physical? I understand what you mean when you say that phasing is passive. We can't meditate and focus on phasing because that's neither, that's thinking (the arch-enemy of projecting). 

I can swallow, scratch an itch, hear an external noise, etc. but a thought about breathing screws me up. For some reason, I have to check if I'm still breathing, as silly as that sounds (that's why I know that water-boarding is indeed torture). I've even considered figuring this out during a projection but it always loses it's importance to me once I've projected.

Thanks.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Astralsuzy

Quote from: its_all_bad on April 22, 2013, 01:06:21
Do you have to remain focused on your physical up until a certain point and then project or it it constant attention the whole way through?

I have to be focused how my body and forehead feel the whole time.  If I do not then I usually fall asleep.  Sometimes I do not have to do anything to project.  My forehead feels relaxed and I am instantly out at some place.

Only you know what works for you but I'm inclined to think that you have noticed some subtle physical indicators that let you know your really close and then you are able to rapidly shift your attention away from the body. You would get this ability from paying good attention to detail and remembering the physical feelings that are different from failed attempts.

I have been analyzing and trying to work out things of what works and what does not work over the years.

I know that some people like to focus on their breathing the whole time but that has never worked for me. I absolutely must turn my attention away from my body.

Breathing alone often does not work.  For it to work, I have to be relaxed and my breathing relaxed.

Whatever the case, you're a great example in proving that no one size fits all. :-)

Thanks,

Astralsuzy

Quote from: Contenteo on April 22, 2013, 01:26:25
I feel like I have to chime in because I may have been a culprit here. :-D

It is about changing your perspective. A mental visualization is an intangible perspective. Listening to yourself breath is a physical perspective. Focusing on that 'ringing' in your ears is an intangible perspective. Focusing on not being able to feel you foot is a phsyical perspective. Focusing on the vibrations that occur when you focus on your forehead in just the right spot,  I would also count as an intangible perspectives. I think you get the idea.

I have to concentrate on my breathing and notice how my body and forehead are feeling.  I do not have to notice my body unless it is an obvious ap vibration.  If I do not get any vibration I have to notice how my forehead is feeling.  Sometimes I do not get an indication from my forehead.  What happens is my inner self moves out of my body.  I can feel it.  I love the feeling.  Sometimes I go very fast.  I think it is fun.  Occasionally I might see landscape or people when I am in my body and my eyes are closed.  When that happens I know I can project.  

Cheers,
Contenteo

Astralsuzy

I forgot to write this in bold.  This is what I wrote in the last post, not Contenteo.
I have to concentrate on my breathing and notice how my body and forehead are feeling.  I do not have to notice my body unless it is an obvious ap vibration.  If I do not get any vibration I have to notice how my forehead is feeling.  Sometimes I do not get an indication from my forehead.  What happens is my inner self moves out of my body.  I can feel it.  I love the feeling.  Sometimes I go very fast.  I think it is fun.  Occasionally I might see landscape or people when I am in my body and my eyes are closed.  When that happens I know I can project. 

majour ka

it makes sense because focusing on the breath and going into the body will will keep you not only present which is essential, but also put you in touch with your own power and spirit self.  :-)

Contenteo

Yes, breathing screws me up all the time too. I believe these are normals things.

My apologies, I was a little lax on that last concluding sentence. Its so easy to get misunderstood without nonverbal communication.
QuoteSo, again, you can never 'let go' of the physical, because phasing is passive, you need to be focused on something else all together.
That wasn't the best 'beat a dead horse summary' I have ever written. I relied on grammar to carry my point.
The most simple I can make it is, "Even 'letting go' is a doing". It infers that there is something there to let go of. That a 'pushing away' must occur. This is not the case. You cannot push yourself into the astral, you must allow yourself to be pulled.

Also, to say there is something to let go of, I believe, dangerously implies one can 'pivot' into the astral. There is a pivot moment when phasing into the astral, except it is not you that does the pivoting, it is your perspective.  :wink:

To add some more into the convo

Most to all of my projections have been snapping back repeatedly after bouts of metaphysical imagery. This is a stair stepping pattern. Even though some of my conscious exists have been miraculously only one or two 'stair steps'.

I have personally become to believe, there is no point of no return zone in a phase, because as soon as you have acknowledged the point of no return windmill, I have found the phase is botched. That is where you have placed your perspective. When you hit that deep F15, no time zone, you better have some serious momentum behind you if you want a conscious exit, it's a totally different beast than drowsy exits.

Curious on your outlook on all of this, of course.  :-P

Cheers,
Contenteo

Lookedynamixhales

Hey Suzy i am similar mine is my my face though :D

Lionheart

Quote from: Contenteo on April 23, 2013, 03:12:01

I have personally become to believe, there is no point of no return zone in a phase, because as soon as you have acknowledged the point of no return windmill, I have found the phase is botched. That is where you have placed your perspective. When you hit that deep F15, no time zone, you better have some serious momentum behind you if you want a conscious exit, it's a totally different beast than drowsy exits.
I agree completely Contenteo, my nemesis though happens to be my one deep breath.

I will be deep in a Phase, almost crossing the veil and then my body does a unnaturally deep breath that, If I allow it to, will destroy all the works I have done.

It's almost like a last second grasp for the physical, but can be very annoying, if you let it.

I have just realized that this is something that happens, then I stay the course.

Astral Suzy, it's not that you are literally turning the physical off. I can still feel vibrations and hear sounds if I wish.

I have just chose to passively observe them, but stay the course.

If you don't "react" to them, they won't hinder the current state you are in.

Contenteo

I know that exact breath Lion. Its my hurdle as well.

Recently, I have had a good amount of success with trying some of Franks old methods. I focus that my hypothalamus is a squishy ball and keep squishing it for about 5 minutes. If you are lucky there is a point where it feels like a light switch is flipped. The next thing you know you are in that nice placid zone past the breathing hurdle.

From there it is regrouping and then onto a phase attempt.

I found that it is easy to reach F18 especially easy with this technique.

Suzy, yes, your hearing is the last thing to really go. Your body goes first, then your eyes. I can't say I have ever tasted or smelt anything in this part of the process. But then with a loud zap/whooshing sound/feeling, the phase occurs.

Best of luck.

Cheers,
Contenteo

Lionheart

Quote from: Contenteo on April 28, 2013, 22:19:22
I know that exact breath Lion. Its my hurdle as well.

Recently, I have had a good amount of success with trying some of Franks old methods. I focus that my hypothalamus is a squishy ball and keep squishing it for about 5 minutes. If you are lucky there is a point where it feels like a light switch is flipped. The next thing you know you are in that nice placid zone past the breathing hurdle.

From there it is regrouping and then onto a phase attempt.

I found that it is easy to reach F18 especially easy with this technique.

I focus on either my 3rd eye area, just between my eyebrows or my Pineal Gland, which I see as a small acorn shape and is right below the Hypothalamus.

I find that when I turn inner to the Pineal Gland that I find the best results. I either turn inner to that or outwards from my 3rd eye.

Both are excellent focus technique, but I do need to try this squishy ball method.

Possibly you can write more about it here Contenteo, for other people that might be interested as well!  :-)

Astralsuzy

Hi all, today I realised that listening to a CD when I get into bed does not work.  I think all I have to do is concentrate.  I do concentrate but I fall asleep.  I tried to think why was that happening and it came to me.  I am listening to the CD.  I am not noticing how my body feels.  When my body feels different then I know I am about to ap.  Tonight I am not going to listen to anything and I will see how that goes.  I will let you know the results. 

Shirley7

Quote from: Lionheart on April 28, 2013, 22:54:35
I focus on either my 3rd eye area, just between my eyebrows or my Pineal Gland, which I see as a small acorn shape and is right below the Hypothalamus.

I find that when I turn inner to the Pineal Gland that I find the best results. I either turn inner to that or outwards from my 3rd eye.

Both are excellent focus technique, but I do need to try this squishy ball method.

Possibly you can write more about it here Contenteo, for other people that might be interested as well!  :-)

I'm sorry to correct you but the pituitary gland is the one located below the hypothalamus. I hope this image helps :)
I wonder if correct anatomy helps anything with these visualisations ahah :)

Lionheart

Quote from: Shirley7 on May 15, 2013, 20:03:30
I'm sorry to correct you but the pituitary gland is the one located below the hypothalamus. I hope this image helps :)
I wonder if correct anatomy helps anything with these visualisations ahah :)
Thank You for the correction!  :-)

I guess just generally focusing within, is really all that's needed!  :wink:

Astralsuzy

Hi all, I have noticed that it is very important that I notice my physical.  This morning my eyes were closed and I seemed to be seeing things.  It is hard to remember exactly what I saw.  I know it was not landscape, people, buildings, animals, colours etc.  I know I did not see much but what I was seeing was different.  Perhaps it is what you call phasing.  I thought I feel different and I am seeing things differently so I am going to spiritually get out of my body.  I did get out spiritually.  I love doing that.  It makes me feel like I am physically out of my body but I am spiritually out.  I flew down the stairs of my home and through the door.  Unfortunately I went back into my body again.  I think it is happening because I have lost confidence and it is becoming a habit.  I never had that problem before.  I used to be able to stay out for a while.  I am now saying to myself I can stay out in the astral for a long time.