Touched when Astral travelling

Previous topic - Next topic

Conscious

Hi guys,
I've been reading for awhile and practicing all sorts of stuff. I've used the search function, and seeing all those "Hi I'm new here and I wonder" has made me not to want to write until at least I project. Which I haven't. Yet.

But here's something that really blows my ... Mind(?) off. Reading through Steve G Jones web site I was surprised to find this:

>>>
If you are touched when astral traveling, the electromagnetic field of another human will brake the link between your astral self and your physical body, and you will be unable to reincorporate into it. From a medical point of view, this means death.
<<<
http://www.theartofastralprojection.com/blog/out-of-body-experiences-interpretation

Now let me tell you I read all those comments "You can never die while AP" and similar. I read those "I'm new to AP and I wonder can I get hurt?". I read your old chaps' answers.

Still can someone tell me, why S.G.J., after all his videos and articles on how safe AP is, he, such a promoter and marketer of AT, how the hell can he say this? It just doesn't make any sense to me. What electromagnetic field? Where is the astral sex he promotes then? Or am I reading this wrong? I should really write to him but I'm really interested in answers of experienced people here.

Astralzombie

Welcome to the pulse.

SGJ is trying to get you to buy his program. He wants you to think that there is danger in AP but you don't have to worry. All you have to do is buy his program and he will tell you how to AP safely.

That's it. It is a marketing ploy.

I have never been a fan but a lot of people that I respect do like him. :-)
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Conscious

Hi Astralzombie,

Thanks for your welcome and reply.

Yeah,  :|, that was what I suspected. I must admit I am abit sick of his marketing pushing too hard; which is not criticism of his work, just the PR :/

Volgerle

You're projecting already when dreaming.

So when s.o. wants to shake you awake from the sleep state or you touch in your sleep (moving) your spouse next to you ... you're already as good as dead.

:lol:

This is bull. Really.

I've heard other strange things about this guy before. He spreads disinfo and is a false AP guru who just wants to cash in making exorbitant and stupid claims to the gullible.

LightBeam

OMG, this guy has no idea what is he talking about. I don't think he can AP at all and has read some info on the subject and made his own interpretations. For example here is a one of his quotes:

"The astral is a lot closer to the physical, and imposes its own limitations: one can only astral travel where the physical body could go. It is not possible, for example, to astral travel to a different planet, although it is possible to do it mentally. The astral plane is bound to time (but is distance free), whereas the mental plane is free from both time and space."

This is a complete BS. I am sorry, I usually don't get frustrated with things like that, but this guy is misleading beginners.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Xanth

Well honestly, I wouldn't say what he spreads is "disinformation".  He believes what he teaches is fact. 

I've encountered lots of people who say I spread disinformation as well... but what I teach, I believe to be the truth, so I teach it.  I'm not exactly going to stop what I'm teaching because some people disagree with me.  Same should go for Steve G Jones.  Regardless of him making lots of money on this or not... that's actually besides the point.

He's as much of a false AP guru as the rest of us who wholly believe that which we teach. :)

Remember, we don't know what other people experience.  So we shouldn't pass judgment upon them, simply because we disagree with what they teach.

Szaxx

'The astral is a lot closer to the physical.'
In one sense totally. In another the physical world is non-existant.
The hype for a sale is irksome but we all have to live somehow.
Not been on the site yet, nobody has posted anything of interest so far.

'Someone' did read the opening line above and it made an impression that annoyed them. Can't say who. (anger management mode engaged)
Don't let things like this get to you. Being open to all and everything is part of the wider reality. You'll see this for yourself.
I know you haven't said a word to anyone as you fumed over this comment while you read it on your big screen in your darkened room. You were leaning forwards in a sitting position as the disbelief enraged you.

Amazing (for the second time) :wink:
Own up if you dare.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Xanth

Y'know what makes Projecting infinitely easier?

... owning your actions and reactions.  How you act and react is a choice you make 100% of the time.  Own that, and you'll have a much easier time in the larger reality.

Astralzombie

My first thoughts were inline with Lightbeam. After reading some of his stuff, I had the idea that he is not a projector but has studied his butt off.

I understand what Xanth is saying but I can guarantee that he has no personal experience with someone who has died while AP and being touched. So that is disinfo in my book.

If he is correct, he owes it to the world to tell us for free the circumstances so that we can understand the phenomenon.

He is not teaching from personal experience but rather from fantastic stories that he has read.

I'll stick to that too.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Volgerle

Quote from: Xanth on August 31, 2013, 16:16:27
He's as much of a false AP guru as the rest of us who wholly believe that which we teach. :)
He's cashing in by fear mongery. That's what many false gurus do.

Xanth

Quote from: Volgerle on September 01, 2013, 15:18:52
He's cashing in by fear mongery. That's what many false gurus do.
That's really besides the point though... it's not for us to judge another. 
Allow him and who wants to purchase from him to be as they are.

The only choice WE have to make is whether or not to buy what he's selling. 
To run around and tell people he's either wrong, fearmongering, is a false guru, or whatever... is us placing a value judgment upon him. 
It's a waste of energy to focus on that which you disagree with.  Focus your energy upon that which you agree with and wish to spread.  :)

This is a lesson that goes far beyond anything regarding astral projection too.  lol

This is why I really don't care who Steve G Jones is or what he sells.  :)

Astralsuzy

Xanth is correct.   Jones believes it to be true.   It is his belief.   You have your beliefs.   Everyone is entitled to their beliefs.   With ap everyone has different opinions.   It cannot be proven so no one can be wrong.   I have said this before, authors of ap books are beginners just like us.    They are good at writing a book.   Years ago I bought an ap CD from Jones.   I did not like everything he said in the CD.   Overall I thought it was very good.   When I read ap books I do not agree with everything they say.   I pick the things that make sense and the things that can help me.   I ignore the rest.   If I do not agree with anything in the book, it goes in the bin.

embrace

Quote from: Astralsuzy on September 03, 2013, 03:47:11
Xanth is correct.   Jones believes it to be true.   It is his belief. 
We can only hope that he actually believes this! I had never heard such a statement before, it's both shocking and amusing. Have been projecting since I was born and I've been waken up with touch by my parents dozens of times. I'm still well, you know?  :evil:

Lionheart

I own his program and he always goes back to the one successful OBE that he had while at Military School. Most of his techniques, if not all, are being rehashed from other more famous Authors. Unfortunately, he realizes fear sells. He creates this fear, so you will buy his program so he can show you how to dispel that fear. Most of this fear is based on Sleep Paralysis. We already know about the sensations, the temperature changes, the voices, the "Gate Keeper"/"shadow beings", etc. But, most people don't!

He also talks about things that most new people do experience. He basically says what people want to hear. I know from watching people that post here, that many people dislike how we seem to rationalize things, like Demons, evil in the Astral, Astral Dangers, etc. It's almost like they are actually looking for someone to share there fears with, then they are getting a truthful "rational" answer back.

Steve uses his skill, which is Hypnosis to aid people with AP. But, this is only a tool. Whether you are going to succeed or not comes from inside of you. He teaches you how to create a non physical focus, he has a great Binaural Beat MP3 and teaches people how to actually climb out of their bodies. But so do many of the other Authors out there.

I don't and won't defend him, but I will speak for his program.

He has found something people are interested in and jumped on the "gravy train". His program did work for me. I heard what I needed to. But, his advertising program is extremely aggressive. He seems to be doing more harm to his own name all the time now. It would have been better if he would have just put out his program and let it sell itself, instead of constantly coming up with these idiotic statements.

Conscious

Thank you guys. It sounds good because it resonates with my inner (winner;) feelings :).
Funny with AP it´s somewhat easy for me to find my way by comparing what I read.
Almost wrote that I hope it will get me to project. But recently I've been feeling like some stereotype virgin guys discussing who has and who has not yet :///. And I'm saying guys and being so disgustingly generalising while being a woman :p.
I feel a bit revolutionary since I might just forget the objective and enjoy the ride. You know, the platonics of meditation, floating, sleeping, in fact. If focus is for a man and process for a woman, is there a way for women other than men to project????
Forgive me, being silly here, too late in this part of physical.

Thanks again and Happy Travels!

Astralzombie

When I feel that someone is genuine in the beliefs and methods that they are promoting even when they run completely counter to my own, I agree with what Xanth says and say live and let live.

It's just that I do not believe him to be genuine so i would be doing a personal disservice to myself to not say so.

I admit that I have not read back to the ancient beliefs on astral travel but nothing this guys says about being touched and dying seems to be a belief held by anyone that I am aware of.

Again, I think it is a marketing ploy to get you to buy his programs so that you can safely navigate you way through the astral which is apparently a very dangerous place according to this one statement made by Jones.
Mark Twain