Indirect technique success

Previous topic - Next topic

Ichigo

I have had around 2 obes and today 1 lucid dream (I experienced most likely the void)

When I wake up at night I don't move and try to induce a method, it always failed for me but when I return to sleep the next time I am awake it can be an obe or lucid dream, the 3 times I used indirect technique it worked . I can see how anyone can get daily obes from it

The problem is is that when I I wake up at night and try to do a technique for 2 minutes and if it makes me awake I can't fall asleep for the next few hours, i guess that's just how my biology is and makes the while indirect technique unpractical even though it's the easiest to experience an obe or lucid dream even just by placing an intention, even an intention alone can keep me up the whole night even when I let it go and let my mind wander so it can finally fall asleep.

It's really a shame I have to give it up because direct techique seems harder and not for most people to experience astral projection everyday ...

Anyone else with similar problem?

Lumaza

The indirect technique still involves a direct intent or goal. The intent being to experience a AP/LD.

It's not a problem. You are still achieving your goal. So don't worry abut it. Take what is given to you for now. You can experiment more with other techniques later. There is no race, no need to rush, or is there?
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

LightBeam

Hi Ichigo,

This is the perfect time to achieve AP. Don't worry about not being able to fall asleep. Just relax, and start doing some sort of inner motion, you can add visualization as well. Transport your mind into a pleasant location that will keep your focus and don't forget to apply motion. Do not think about anything else. This technique in the middle of the night works perfect for me, even when I get awake for a while. Your body is still very relaxed and your brain function is borderline into a sleep state, but you are aware. This is the perfect time. Try this technique.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Ichigo

Quote from: LightBeam on March 26, 2016, 02:07:02
Hi Ichigo,

This is the perfect time to achieve AP. Don't worry about not being able to fall asleep. Just relax, and start doing some sort of inner motion, you can add visualization as well. Transport your mind into a pleasant location that will keep your focus and don't forget to apply motion. Do not think about anything else. This technique in the middle of the night works perfect for me, even when I get awake for a while. Your body is still very relaxed and your brain function is borderline into a sleep state, but you are aware. This is the perfect time. Try this technique.

Thanks for the motivation! I always wake up a couple of times a night and give me enough chances to attempt a technique, I will have to try out and experiment which works the best... I don't care if it even fails as when I fall asleep the next time it's very likely I will have an obe or lucid dream.

Still I don't like the fact that it takes me hours (sometimes never) to fall back asleep... when just trying out a technique for 2-3 minutes at most, it wakes my mind up and I just can't fall asleep anymore... after a few hours when I do, that's usually when I experience an OBE or lucid dream...

But still, I have work, and even if I didn't, I won't have even 4-5 of sleep in my hands, then for the whole day I am just tired... so it's really a shame that I get insomnia in those cases.

PS: Most people I have watched on youtube and on forums that have daily OBE's are the ones that practice upon waking up at night

Then I have read OBE4YOU content and realized the technique they use are from there

LightBeam

Then if you have trouble with insomnia, you can consider taking Melatonin. It's natural. And you can apply the following soothing technique.
Take you favorite sleeping position, slow down your breathing, give yourself a suggestion that your brain is tired and heavy. Focus on your brain for a few seconds and "make it" tired and heavy with your thoughts. Then close your eyes and imagine the following:
Imagine that your surroundings as you know them are disappearing and another surrounding is emerging around your physical body as you lay in your sleeping position. You are laying in a hammock, between two palm trees in a tropical island. It's night time, but you can see the night sky full with sparkling stars and the moonlight path lighting the ocean waves. The surroundings are calm and quiet, but you can hear the soothing sound of the waves, the crickets and the frogs in the nature. Imagine yourself submerged in this atmosphere and your hammock swaying from side to side. Feel the inner motion, feel your brain getting disoriented and heavy, but keep feeling the inner motion.
If you calm enough, soon you will start slipping into a sleep state, but that's ok. You want that when you are trying to AP. If you are too awake you will not be able to have a full, long out of body experience. That's why so many attempts during the day fail. After you go into a sleep state, because of this technique, you consciousness only will be awaken soon, not your brain and body. That happened to me last night actually. I woke up because I was thirsty, then I became wide awake, I thought of my reply to you and just by thinking about my suggestion, soon after I fell back to sleep, I opened my eyes as I was laying in bed, but I was seeing another surrounding. Then it clicked, Oh, I am in the non-physical. Then I just got up and started my adventure fully aware. Sometimes, I would get strong vibrations while I am doing the technique and falling asleep at the same time. And sometimes nothing happens. But if you keep doing this as a routine, you will have great percentage of successful APs. And for those of you who do not wake up during the night, you can set your alarm, or you can give affirmation before bed that you will wake up naturally sometime around 2:00AM. After a while your will start to wake up automatically at night. For me this is not an issue, because it takes less than an hour to fall back asleep. You have to calm your thoughts and not allow any other emotions from your daily life to pop up constantly.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Ichigo

Quote from: LightBeam on March 26, 2016, 16:34:14
Then if you have trouble with insomnia, you can consider taking Melatonin. It's natural. And you can apply the following soothing technique.
Take you favorite sleeping position, slow down your breathing, give yourself a suggestion that your brain is tired and heavy. Focus on your brain for a few seconds and "make it" tired and heavy with your thoughts. Then close your eyes and imagine the following:
Imagine that your surroundings as you know them are disappearing and another surrounding is emerging around your physical body as you lay in your sleeping position. You are laying in a hammock, between two palm trees in a tropical island. It's night time, but you can see the night sky full with sparkling stars and the moonlight path lighting the ocean waves. The surroundings are calm and quiet, but you can hear the soothing sound of the waves, the crickets and the frogs in the nature. Imagine yourself submerged in this atmosphere and your hammock swaying from side to side. Feel the inner motion, feel your brain getting disoriented and heavy, but keep feeling the inner motion.
If you calm enough, soon you will start slipping into a sleep state, but that's ok. You want that when you are trying to AP. If you are too awake you will not be able to have a full, long out of body experience. That's why so many attempts during the day fail. After you go into a sleep state, because of this technique, you consciousness only will be awaken soon, not your brain and body. That happened to me last night actually. I woke up because I was thirsty, then I became wide awake, I thought of my reply to you and just by thinking about my suggestion, soon after I fell back to sleep, I opened my eyes as I was laying in bed, but I was seeing another surrounding. Then it clicked, Oh, I am in the non-physical. Then I just got up and started my adventure fully aware. Sometimes, I would get strong vibrations while I am doing the technique and falling asleep at the same time. And sometimes nothing happens. But if you keep doing this as a routine, you will have great percentage of successful APs. And for those of you who do not wake up during the night, you can set your alarm, or you can give affirmation before bed that you will wake up naturally sometime around 2:00AM. After a while your will start to wake up automatically at night. For me this is not an issue, because it takes less than an hour to fall back asleep. You have to calm your thoughts and not allow any other emotions from your daily life to pop up constantly.

Thanks limza! I will take this all in consideration...

Though there is something I am not sure about according to obe4u site...

For example, he says that when you wake up at night, without moving, the first thing you do before performing cycles is to try to seperate yourself...

He says we do that by rolling out... levitating... or just walking out of bed,

Now, he says to do it without moving a muscle... that's the part I don't understand...

When attempting seperation, and decide to get up or roll out of bed, do I do that just as I physically would? so let's say I perform to roll out of bed, and let's assume it fails... meaning my physical body will fall on the ground?

OR, does he mean it in a way that upon waking up at night, knowing that I am laying on my bed... I roll out by just visualizing I am rolling out? and with visualizing I mean seeing myself in 1st person rolling on the bed and trying to make it feel as real as possible? when doing that, usually you will feel some sort of pressure or tension on some body parts in a physical manner of course...

I am unsure if he means the later one, since he says it's not something you imagine... and the first one it also can't be because if I move my leg to in attempt to seperate, then the muscles of my physical body will move, and might even kill the whole cycling technique thing since I was not suppose to move while performing this stuff.

It's confusing since, both of the times when I woke up in my bed and visualized myself stepping out of bed or rolling out, I got nothing from it, and then I said to myself oh well, I will just get up physically, but instead of my physical body, my astral body got up... so I am unsure why so many say you need to visualize yourself seperating instead of actually moving yourself as you physically would...

LightBeam

It's confusing since, both of the times when I woke up in my bed and visualized myself stepping out of bed or rolling out, I got nothing from it, and then I said to myself oh well, I will just get up physically, but instead of my physical body, my astral body got up... so I am unsure why so many say you need to visualize yourself seperating instead of actually moving yourself as you physically would...
[/quote]

If you have found what works for you best, then you need to look no further. There is no one technique that works the same for everyone. There are so many other factors that play a role on when and how to refocus. For me, trying to make physical like movements will not work  if I am too awake. If I am in deep vibrational state and I am fully aware, then that will work. It really depends. Most of the time, when I know I am ready, I just imagine myself standing by the door. I don't have to make any movements.
But if movements work for you, then by all means continue with this method. If you worry that you may fall off the bed, then don't attempts the roll out technique, just try to get up. And if you do it physically, then no harm done.
Don't take everything you read about AP as ultimate truth, because everyone's truth is different. This may seem illogical for us physical creatures, but the more you explorer the non-physical, the more you will come to understand that there are as many multiverse worlds and experiences as many as there are each spirit's thoughts and emotions.
Captain Jack Sparrow