Is meditation a good way to achieve an OBE?

Previous topic - Next topic

Crocodilian123

I meditate a lot and can get into a pretty good trance, but is it possible to take the trance one step further and have an OBE?

Szaxx

Yes, being consciously aware of the you within a body you've disconnected from through meditation only requires intent, focus and desire.
I'm working on an idea that may answer this question of how to do it. If you can easily disconnect, its quite easy to jump into an alternate reality in a couple of mins from disconnection.
For now, find Lumazas doorway topic and give it a good try. It works well from the meditated disconnected trance state.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Xanth

Quote from: Crocodilian123 on September 06, 2015, 20:03:20
I meditate a lot and can get into a pretty good trance, but is it possible to take the trance one step further and have an OBE?
Just strictly "meditating" and "meditating towards projection" are actually two separate things.

If you're just strictly meditating, you can zone out, completely losing all awareness, yet still feel connected to this physical reality.
If you're meditating towards projecting, then what you want to aim for is a pushing away of your awareness from this physical reality.
You do this by finding a Focus which works for you, then using that Focus and placing your awareness into it and allowing everything physical to drop away.

Does that make any sense?

Astralsuzy

Keep practicing you are doing extremely well.    It will not take you long to ap.   I mediate a lot and I ap but it can take a while to achieve ap so you have to be patient, dedicated and persevere with it.    I mediate for a while, then I take a deep breath and I let by body relax more.    I am so relaxed that I separate from my body.  Other times I might do an ap technique and if it does not work it means I am not relaxed enough so I mediate longer.

Crocodilian123

Thanks guys! I will keep trying and use your tips.