Is your meditation always consistent?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

Right, so you lie down peacefully, let go of all thoughts and focus on one thing. Suddenly, after not moving for a while, your body starts to beg you to just roll over. Does everyone get this? If so, what feeling do you usually get when you persist and keep meditating? I feel like I'm getting somewhere, I can't be sure. I get phantom limbs as-well but that's been discussed a thousand times on threads I've posted here so let's not talk about that unless it's specifically to do with this increasing urge to roll over. I'm also aware that some guy who made a series of lucid dreaming videos promotes refusing to urge to roll over, but I think I remember him talking about when doing WBTB or the morning, this is at night.

Lionheart

According to what I have found out for myself and what I have also read, if you fight the urge, your body will start to fall into "sleep mode".

But as I have found in the past, that urge to roll over can be quite strong at times.

This works great for the mind awake/body asleep techniques.

Jdeadevil

You ever done it after going to bed at night Lionheart? :p

AAAAAAAA

meh. I don't think everyone gets it. Most people probably do, but after doing this for a long time, it becomes easy to fight urges like that to roll over or move. Refusing urges like that to roll over or jerk your legs, arms, etc. does help with sleep paralysis. From what I've heard, they are signals that your brain sends to those parts of your body to see if your body is awake or not. If you resist the urges, your brain assumes that your body is asleep and goes into sleep paralysis to prevent sleep walking. For security basically. I THINK that's how it works, but I don't really know. I just do it and it works for me, that's all I know.

Astralsuzy

If I meditate early I do not have that problem.   As soon as it starts to get a bit late, I seem to fight with myself.   Part of me wants to meditate and another part of me says roll over and go to sleep.   You can do this later.   I have battled with this for a very long time.   Finally I am able to meditate when I want to meditate.   I keep telling myself I can meditate anytime and it works.   I am not able to meditate when my husband gets into bed as he snores.   I try to ignore it but it does not work.   I do not wear ear plugs as after a while it starts to feel uncomfortable.   That can be a distraction so it does not work.

lillymoon

Noise or no noise, There is no proper way to meditate

Xanth

Quote from: lillymoon on July 10, 2014, 17:16:04
Noise or no noise, There is no proper way to meditate
I'll second that.

There is no correct "way" to meditate. 

If you can focus your mind and hold that focus for extended periods of time... then it doesn't matter HOW you do it.  Only that you do it... and you enjoy doing it.  :)

Lionheart

Quote from: Jdeadevil on June 22, 2014, 16:27:01
You ever done it after going to bed at night Lionheart? :p
Yes and if I wasn't successful then, I normally awoke in either SP or a LD later on in the night.

It was difficult to do, because you have a lot of tension when you first hit the bed, unless you are totally drained and "pooped out". Which is not a good time to practice AP. So, I had to do Meditation and Progressive Relaxation. I think I did some counting from 300-1 as well. Kind of a "Trifecta".

Kzaal

I use meditation strictly to remove stress or calming my mind when it something happened and I need a calm way to face a situation.
I lay down, my arms lightly crossed over my chest and usually I just imagine myself on a glacier in the Arctic and I imagine myself sleeping on my back there.
I kinda feel the cold which makes my mind very calm and at peace then I just imagine I'm not touching the glacier anymore and I'm levitating on my back.
When I do that, I never feel any urges to roll or anything.
The thing is tho, if I'm doing that I don't think I can do any Astral Projection besides that because I'm there for a reason.

Now if you're talking about your urge to roll back while trying to do AP that's a very different story cause you want to escape your body and your body will really make sure you stay there.

And to answer your topic question, yes my meditation is always consistent. It's actually always the same meditation for me, same effect, also it calms my mind so much. It's really a place to escape all your worries, stress and thoughts. You can go completely blank there!
The partial becomes complete; the crooked, straight; the empty,
full; the worn out, new. He whose (desires) are few gets them; he
whose (desires) are many goes astray.