Kasina Light and Sound Machine

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Sky

There has just been released a new Light & Sound Machine for only half the price of the Laxman, but much more advanced and sophisticated. It also works together with Transparents Mind WorkStation and Neuro Programmer:
http://www.amazon.com/Mindplace-Kasina-Audio-Visual-Synthesizer/dp/B00GU1W8AS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387808967&sr=8-1&keywords=kasina

There is also a user forum with many great reviews and discussions:
http://www.mindplacesupport.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?30-Kasina

Going to get this!  8-)

Sixx

hmm interesting , I will have to read some of the reviews,
how longs it been on the market , do you know?  :-)

Lionheart

del

Sixx

I,ve  just been reading some of the features of the kasina

8g SD card!! rechargeable batteries, to name a few, way more features than the laxman has.
I enjoy the laxman  too, and its a great aid, but looks like its time to update.

When I get back from my xmas break I will be putting and order in for 1.
I'll give my laxman to my niece, she just got a job as an ICU nurse, be good aid for her I think :-)

Lionheart

del

Lionheart

del

Lionheart

del

Lionheart

del

Lionheart

del

neuroasis

Hi Lionheart and fellow journeyers,

My name is Scott Hendrickson aka Neuroasis. I am part of the development team for the mind machine company MindPlace. We are the makers of the new Kasina.
I am also one of the session creators for the onboard content.

Lionheart,  I am very interested to hear of your experiences with the tracks of mine you reference: A Starlight Night and Soliton for instance. All of the stuff in Mind Art category was created by me (I'm almost certain off the top of my head).

These tracks are a bit different and more complex - frequency and visual- wise - than what has been released before. Some new technology in the Kasina allowed us to do this. So, I am very interested in user reports. Especially experienced users like yourself.

I will also be willing to answer any questions that anyone has and hope to become an active member of this forum.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your impressions of the Kasina.

Enjoy the ride,
Scott

Lionheart

del

neuroasis

Thanks Lionheart  :-)

On the Kasina, because we now have the ability to fully utilize light entrainment and music integrated... not just superimposed as background tracks, then we can really begin to 'experiment' with advanced techniques beyond straight ramps.

Just so all know where we are coming from, MindPlace is one of the original developers of the mind machine and has been in business for nearly 25 years. I personally have only been 'employed' there for 3 years but have worked with mind machines since the beginning and it is my passion.

So, we have evolved over time with many styles and types of session and worked with some of the best minds in the industry. But, having said that, we also strive to be the most customer friendly company, so everybody's feedback and participation is much appreciated. We are very involved in the 'practical' aspects of mind machines, but we also love the 'trippy' art aspects too.

Sessions like A Starlight Night are 'full-on' mode and go for the 'wow' factor. Others on the machine are for specific purposes. What I refer to a protocols. However, it is a very subjective thing regardless of what some marketing would have you believe. Please let us know if there are particular things of interest to you as the Kasina will evolve a great deal over time.

if you have information frequency information on your L#3 session I can help you convert it.

Scott

Lionheart

del

neuroasis

Hi Lionheart,
Happy to do it! Will be very interested in people's experiences with the session on the Kasina.

Best regards,
Scott

Lionheart

del

Astralsuzy

Would this get the same result as one of those machines?    You listen to a CD such as the ocean.   You can hear the wind, birds and the surf.   You can also have some flashing lights that are close to your eyes.   If this is the same result then it would be a lot cheaper than using the machine.

Lionheart

del

neuroasis

QuoteI've tried a Kasina and, like Lionheart, I've returned it. I got the feeling that it's more of an 'entertainment' machines and  been designed by people who are really interested in music and wanted a light show to accompany the audios.

Hi Phaedrus,
I'm really surprised you came to that conclusion  :-o Let me set the record straight. MindPlace is one of the original mind machine inventors and has been producing this technology for more than 20 years. Much longer than Neurotronics. We have consistently been the pushing the envelope on this technology the whole time. To the limit we are allowed by US law we have pursued research studies, interactive live events, seminars, and always incorporated feedback from users in designing our next machine. The Kasina is the realization of many of the dreams this industry has had since the beginning.

Again, I am curious to know what gave you that impression? That the Kasina has music (actually soundscapes more than music) with many of the sessions? Did you engage us on our forum or ask any questions? You can ask here too as I am here to answer questions although I don't check here as often.

The Kasina can do most everything any machine on the market past or present can do and soooooo much more with the new SpectraStrobe standard. (all light channels controlled fully by audio) Granted, being a musician and having familiarity with music production software does help. And musicians would love the Kasina... but it is the next evolution of the mind machine.

Also, I want to let it be known that I was invited here by Lionheart. I did not invade this Laxman thread to push product, just in case anyone was wondering. For those who tried the Kasina, thank you very much.

Best regards,
Scott
MindPlace Developer and Support

So, anyway, no offense, but I did want to set the record straight about MindPlace and the Kasina.

Lionheart

del

neuroasis

QuoteNeuroasis, I have nothing but positive things to say about the Kasina and especially the help and service you guys give to your many users!  smiley

I just felt that I didn't need such a "high tech" device, since my Laxman was already doing what I wanted it to do. The Kasina is far superior in programming and is way more user friendly than the Laxman, especially when it comes to creating new sessions.

My decision was solely based on preferring the visuals of the Laxman. Also having 2 units means that one gets shelved and ma and pa have to be more careful with their limited funds.

I hope there are no hard feelings here!

Hi Lionheart,
No hard feelings at all, of course not! You gave the Kasina a very fair chance and it just didn't fulfill the need you had. That happens and is why we offer a very hassle free warranty and return policy. People have different needs, goals and preferences.

I only did want to be clear that we are far more than a fly-by-night entertainment company jumping on an 'instant enlightenment' bandwagon or selling 'novelty' technology. We take our product's and user's results very seriously. Even those who don't like our products. We learn from everything.

High regards,
Scott

Phaedrus

Quote from: neuroasis on February 08, 2014, 19:01:17
Hi Phaedrus,
I'm really surprised you came to that conclusion  :-o Let me set the record straight.

Wow, Scott. What a hostile response !  :evil:

All I was doing was giving my opinion about the Kasina.

I didn't expect a MindPlace salesman to jump down my throat and say he has to "set the record straight".

I haven't set the record 'crooked'. I'm sorry if my opinion wasn't what you wanted to hear.

I know about MindPlace, but thank you for the lecture. I had an Orion many years ago and recently used a friend's Procyon, which I thought was very good. Unfortunately, the Kasina just doesn't measure up, though I'm sure it's good for musicians.

BTW, I have read your forums and that's where I got the impression that it's been developed mostly as an entertainment machine.

QuoteI did not invade this Laxman thread to push product, just in case anyone was wondering.

Well, it certainly sounds like you did!

I'm sorry that my comments about the Kasina have dampened your sales pitch.

neuroasis

Quote from: Phaedrus on February 10, 2014, 10:40:10
Wow, Scott. What a hostile response !  :evil:

All I was doing was giving my opinion about the Kasina.

I didn't expect a MindPlace salesman to jump down my throat and say he has to "set the record straight".

I haven't set the record 'crooked'. I'm sorry if my opinion wasn't what you wanted to hear.

I know about MindPlace, but thank you for the lecture. I had an Orion many years ago and recently used a friend's Procyon, which I thought was very good. Unfortunately, the Kasina just doesn't measure up, though I'm sure it's good for musicians.

BTW, I have read your forums and that's where I got the impression that it's been developed mostly as an entertainment machine.

Well, it certainly sounds like you did!

I'm sorry that my comments about the Kasina have dampened your sales pitch.

Really? Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's. The customer is always right and you took the right action in returning the product.

I only wish that people who may not know MindPlace to get a taste of our company. It is in fact my responsibility that we go on the record.

You spoke of the design intentions of MindPlace when we made the Kasina. That was your perception and I hope we can improve on creating a fuller impression. However, as a member of the design team and also on behalf of all the other designer's I wanted it to be known that this was not entirely accurate. The Kasina was not designed to be for only a light show. It is a serious mind machine and likely the most advanced one created up to this point.

Peace to you, Phaedrus. Again I thank you for trying out the Kasina and for your past purchases with our company. What I said to Lionheart applies to you as well... absolutely no hard feelings.

Scott

Xanth

This machine was brought to my attention initially by Lionheart, whose opinion I highly value.  

With that said....  Let's continue up the discussion here.   I'll move the more helpful posts from the other thread in here.

And please it's okay to compare machines and the qualities of each, but let's try to keep things emotionally neutral and non-combatitive.   :-)

EDIT:  Okay, I moved all of the applicable Kasina posts to this thread.  If I mangled anything in the other thread, please let me know.  Otherwise, please continue the discussion with the above note in mind. 

Thanks!

Xanth

The great people at MindPlace (www.mindplace.com) have been very kind to provide me with a Kasina Mind Media System in order to review it.
With that said, I'm going to put it through its paces over the next little while and provide you all with a blow by blow rundown of it!
To start, I'll mention that this is my first light and sound machine that I've ever used.

This is everything that's included in the box.  There's the Kasina itself, in the middle.  The glasses above it (very stylish!).  The earbuds, which I have found to be very good as they fit nicely into the ear to provide such a seal that it's almost like noise cancellation.  It comes with an 8gb card, pre-loaded with A LOT of programs for you to use right out of the box, and you're able to download more or write your own with software they provide.  The rest constitutes the quick start up guide (very handy!), and all equipment you need to charge and run the device and a sweet little pouch to hold it all in when you're not using it or when travelling!  Very nice.

This image makes up the bulk of the actual machine itself.  It's very similar to an iPod/iPhone in size and scope, but it's about double as thick.  It's very light with a very strong, plastic construction, but it's completely solid and I'd be very confident using this as a straight up MP3 player on the road or working out with.
The software and controls make it very easy to navigate through the menus to find the program you want to run.

I'll run quickly over my first use of it, which was earlier today:

The first program I decided upon after running through the lists quickly was called "Forest and River", which has a run time of 16 minutes.  I sat down on my trusty recliner couch, made myself comfortable and loaded'er up!

The "Forest and River" program started... the light combinations, the pulsing and how everything mixes together was truly astounding.  After not even a minute into the program I was being whisked away to a beautiful forest, where all the rivers/trees/animals/etc were there, in my mind... and when I say "whisked away", I mean it figuratively AND literally.  It started off with a fast pulsing of blues and greens, then slowed down bringing me even more deeply into the scene which was being generated in front of me.  I even briefly had images of trees pop in front of me (the literal part!)... meaning that, for brief seconds, I actually was "there", in the forest.  In projection practices, we call these hypnogogic images.  Then as the program was wrapping up, it would speed up the pulsing and bring you 'back' to normal, waking consciousness, kind of like the gateway tracks do.  I kind of wished that one was longer.

The value of this machine to meditation practices is really amazing and I'm really looking forward to delving deeper into what it offers, but I can truly see the value of this machine as an aid to Projecting.  Using this before bed, or even first thing in the morning, can really put the mind in the correct mindset to have many projections.

Anyway, that's my initial impression so far.  It's a high quality machine, no doubt about that.  I'm extremely impressed so far.  I'll be adding to this thread as I experiment more with it.  I plan on making this a regular part of my meditation/projection practices in the future.

Xanth

I experimented with another track ending about 30 minutes ago.

It's listed on the Mind Place website as:

"Session 20: 25 min Deep Tranquility
Try this session first if you are really sensitive or just start-ing out on the machine. This is one of the most gentle sessions in the unit. Just sit back and allow yourself to gently flow."

It was suggested to me by Lionheart.

This was a 25 minute session, which really shows the basics of what the device can do.  It takes you through several shifts, auditory and visual.  The sound it uses is an isochronic beat, which generally don't do well for me, but this mixed with the light really makes a difference!

The strobe-effect creates an extremely vivid sense of movment down a tunnel being taken in various directions!  They speed you up, slow you down, and toss a variety of colours into the mix to get your senses.  In projection practice, the sense of movement really helps trigger the projection-reflex.  So this kind of program will really assist with that.