Laxman Light and Sound Machine

Previous topic - Next topic

leavesofgrass

Hey Lion. Wow, 6 weeks to get there? I would have been climbing the walls! I was pretty stoked to get it so soon. Yeah I see what you mean regarding entering the trance state with Laxman and then trying to get there via regular meditation. Same thing for me. I meditate the good old fashion way quite often. And I would say that it takes me 20 mins to get to a nice, calm, peaceful state...then from there another 20mins to forget I have a body, etc. But even then it gets me no where near as deep as the Laxman does in 10 mins flat. What I find so interesting, so far, about the Laxman, is that it really puts my body asleep...to the point where it is difficult to will myself to lift my arms or legs for example..my body is gone...but my mind is wide awake like I have never had in a MABA state before...almost like my body is on vicodin and my mind is on coffee (I dont take either but thats just the analogy that came to mind)....this morning for example I awoke at 530a and immediately did the Laxman meditation program followed by the relax program (note, not the deep relax...just relax)...this had me in such a good place...afterwards I visualized for about a minute...then I was immediately taken in by the scene as it was off and running on its own...then the vibrations started (they always happen with me...dont know why but dont really care either)...then I phased back to the same Yellow house that I was at yesterday...strange because I didnt have any intent it just took me back to the same place as yesterday. Anyways, it was very, very fast with the Laxman. As for DMT, pineal glands, etc...I am not sure...all I know is that whatever it is doing it is working. Lion, what program on the Laxman so far is your favorite? I havent even done a Pulse session yet...just a couple of the ones with the music tracks...I can imageine the Pulse tracks are that much more powerful. Thoughts?

leavesofgrass

One more thing. I used the sleep program called "vibrations" last night right before bed...then I measured my sleep cycles with a fun little app I have on the iphone called Sleep Cycle....and this morning the graph showed that as I was coming out of my REM cycles I never made it back to "awake" only back to "asleep" as opposed to "deep sleep REM"....whereas most other nights I go back and forth between REM and fully awake...so the Laxman definitely helped me sleep sounder last night. I only get 5-6 hours per night (by choice because I get up early to do my consciousness exploration exercises every morning) so its important that the quality of sleep is high...and most nights it is not...but this night it was. So I will keep experimenting with the sleep program too and keep tracking my sleep cycles and see if it holds up.

Also, I forgot to say in my last post...that without the Laxman I have to really work hard to visualize and not get bored...and usually after 30mins will be off into the visualization where it is all creating on its own...so far this morning the Laxman did that for me in under 5 mins...so that was HUGE.

Lionheart

I really like Underwater, Countryside, Beach, Deep Relaxation and Vibrations. Lately i have been working more with the Focus tracks such as Chanting. Chanting and Bionik are really strange. They almost put you in a vortex scenario. These are the only 2 programs yet on the Laxman that have been so intense I almost stopped the session half way through.
Most of what i have done on my Laxman have been the preset programs. I tried to do a couple of manual programs to my own MP3s, but I don't think I was in sync at all with the Light to Sounds. I have written a couple of programs as well. One that is entirely using white light. I haven't quite gotten the hang of getting it to strobe and blink to my liking yet.
That's the next thing I would like to purchase is one of those REM machines to see how deep we are actually going. You will notice though that after you have used the Laxman for awhile that you are quite a bit calmer/passive than you may have been in the past. It's almost as if it does you down and it definitely makes you more aware of your surroundings. You will start to see light orbs here and there. At first you dismiss them, then after awhile you will just kind of notice them and sometimes find yourself asking what they want, lol. Seeing these orbs is a sign of awakening though. They have nothing to do with the Laxman. I started noticing these after I started to Phase daily. I think I had always seen them, but again, just dismissed them as eye disturbances etc. Now when I see them I say "aha, I saw you this time" and so the lunatic said, lol.

leavesofgrass

Thats funny you list those tracks because so far I have had the Laxman for under 24 hours and have already done all of those tracks except the Underwater. And I have to agree that so far I am really liking those a lot. The Deep Relaxation is awesome with that baboon screaming in the background or whatever that thing is! HA. So when you do these programs, are you open or closed eyes usually? So far I am closed because in addition to phasing I like the recharging the body gets with eyes closed for 30 mins...kind of like a nap even though you are focusing and phasing. Also, are you focusing on any specific visualizations or do you just focus on the light patterns and just kind of let yourself flow with it? I know its all personal and to each his own...but I think we can both benefit by sharing notes. So far I have just focused on the lights and the air flowing in and out of my nostrils like in normal meditation. That is interesting about trying to write your own programs....that will be a fun one to share notes on when I get there. I am guessing I wont even go there for at least a few months just to get used to the presets first. And I am definitely not the techy type so programming will not be easy for me. That is interesting about those orbs. I will let you know if and when I start to see them. As for becoming more passive and relaxed in every day life...what a nice side-effect! I am pretty docile as it is but hey the more mellow the better. I did notice on my walk this morning that the mind chatter was almost at zero...normally I have to work to shut it down so who knows maybe that is already the Laxman. It is definitely going to be fun to track these things and share these things. I think keeping all of this fun is a big key and some people get a bit too serious for their own good. Yeah the REM machine will definitely be the next purchase...what do those go for?

leavesofgrass

I almost forgot...regarding the focus tracks such as Bionik and Chanting. That is really cool that they seem to be intense. That is kind of what I want so I will give them a shot. I was just confused as to what "focus track" meant...Does it mean it will help me focus because I have a work assignment coming up that I need focus for...or does it mean it will help me focus on my breath for example and go extra deep meditating while listening to that track? I am assuming from your description that its the latter. Of course I will try everything on my own and get a feel for them but its great hearing your experiences. They dont influence me in any way just so you know so feel free to share as much as you are comfortable sharing...and I just take it all in for what its worth. One experiment I am going to try very soon is listen to my Hemi Sync Right of Passage track from the Going Home series...this thing is intense all by itself...Monroe just takes you straight to the Park at Focus 27 and just dumps you off without bringing you back...what I am thinking is listening to that on my iphone player with my Bose noise cancelling (I use Bose noise cancelling for everything) and then just using the Laxman for the lights from say Deep Relaxation or one of the others...and I will experiment with lots of different combos and let you know how it goes. But it should be wicked!

Lionheart

Yes experimenting is the way to go. I just bought some Bose noise cancelling headphones this month and can say the sound is awesome. Much better than the ear buds that came with the unit.
Focus is supposed to be great for learning thngs, like studying for a test, working on a new company design etc. They also say that it goes great with any developmental learning CD's such as learning a new language or listening to a Hypnosis tape.
I got the name wrong, it wasn't a REM machine I was thinking of, it was a EEG machine. A EEG machine is used for brain mapping. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroencephalography
They now make them in very small, inexpensive sizes. It's a good way to really see the effects a unit like the Laxman has on your brain.
When I first started using the machine I "went with the flow". I just let the light/sound combination create the visuals that were natural per say. In the last month I started to experiment more though, the first experiment was putting my entire focus out of my body and into my physical surrounds. Meaning my home, just walking around, checking out things that were there and also seeing my body. This worked extraordinarily well. In seconds I was viewing my sitting body from the outside. I walked to the bedroom, tried to do some healing on Mary Jo's shoulder while she was sleeping and my view was vivid. Not quite as vivid as a physical point of view, but good enough to see structures and things.
The next thing I did in a session was I started trying to create thought=action scenarios. One of them that was incredibly weird and realistic was putting myself behind the wheel of a moving vehicle. I was driving into spiralling vortexes and all kinds of cool scenarios. Right now I am still experimenting with the driving thing. Just see yourself in front of a wheel, look ahead and navigate the curves, hill and obstacles in the road. You will see that this is highly entertaining.

todd421757

Quote from: Lionheart on September 21, 2012, 16:33:53
In the last month I started to experiment more though, the first experiment was putting my entire focus out of my body and into my physical surrounds. Meaning my home, just walking around, checking out things that were there and also seeing my body. This worked extraordinarily well. In seconds I was viewing my sitting body from the outside. I walked to the bedroom, tried to do some healing on Mary Jo's shoulder while she was sleeping and my view was vivid. Not quite as vivid as a physical point of view, but good enough to see structures and things.

This is very fascinating. Did you feel any type of projection exit separation, or was it more like an instantaneous where I am here and now I am there sensation?

Lionheart

Quote from: todd421757 on September 21, 2012, 17:22:38
This is very fascinating. Did you feel any type of projection exit separation, or was it more like an instantaneous where I am here and now I am there sensation?
Instantaneous. After the first few minutes, vibrations will start. As you lose your physical focus, you shift to whatever it is you wish to do. Like I said you can just stay in the moment and let the program guide you or you can start to experiment. After using it for awhile you find that the trance state appears quicker and quicker. When I found myself out of body the first time, it was due to just letting my mind wander outside of the regular lights and program. I just thought of my physical body and saw it there. Like I said, I think that the Light/Sound has some kind of real trigger method, whether it's releasing DMT or something else, something is definitely occurring.
The company so far has been billing it as a relaxation device. If you go to their website they are starting to have more Doctors and Therapists/Psychologists commenting on their results.
Lately for some reason I have been seeing Pyramids more than anything. But I have always been drawn to Pyramids. Because of my visions, Mary Jo and I are just getting ready to sell a Mini Pyramid design in our Christmas Kiosk, we always like to have something new and unique. It is made from Crystals charged from the 144 ft. Russian Pyramids using what they call ABO technology. I am lining up the deal right now as we speak. I think our local clientele will like them. Last year we had Himalayan Salt Lamps and people were loving those. More people are opening their minds to thinking outside the box. I think the new Crystal Pyramids will be a hit as well. Although they are quite pricey.

todd421757

Lionheart

Tonight my better half Mary Jo did her first Laxman session. Mary Jo supports my passion here but she does not practice as I do. She gets her meditation and healing by working in her beautiful garden and painting and sculpting her beautiful Dragons. Mary Jo is also almost completely deaf in her left ear, so this gave me a chance to see how the sound part of the program worked for her. I chose the 30 minute Deep Relaxation preset. It's filled with sounds of the Rainforest. I questioned her about her experience immediately following her session.
She said that at first the lights were intense and took a couple of minutes to acclimate to. After that she was well on her way in the Rainforest. She said it felt like she was there. She felt motion, but not like she was moving, it was more like motion of being live in the scene. She saw what looked like the sun blinking through the canopy of the jungle. The lights in this program do a great job of creating this kind of visual. There is one part of the program where the lights tone down to a soft blue color. Her visual here changed from looking at the blinking sun to being totally underwater, she said she could even sense air bubbles. Now this program brings you from Alpha down to Delta and then back up to Alpha again and it's really hard to judge any time sequence while in it. But she was really relaxed at the end. I told her now I will see how you sleep, but we both laughed at that one since it normally takes her about 2 minutes to get to sleep.
Being deaf in one ear hindered her entire depth in the program. But she did say that she felt like she was totally immersed in the Rainforest/Under water scenarios. Being deaf in one ear would definitely make a Binaural Beat program on the Laxman almost impossible.
The last thing she said before she went to sleep was that it felt like something triggered her to turn off the physical and onto the new scene. Years ago we had sold a Hot pack/Cold pack package from a Company. I did some research on the effects on the mind and found that if I put the hot pack onto the person's shoulders and the cold pack on their forehead that it created a mental trigger that turned off their stress immediately. This was a dynamite selling technique and worked almost 100% in getting the sale. I had some of the biggest toughest Farmers/Construction workers sit back in our Lafluma ergonomic chair, I would then put the hot on the shoulders, cold on their forehead and 20 minutes later when they woke up, they would say OK, how much do you want for this, I'll take it. I had a great time with this, lol.

leavesofgrass

This is all really interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing Lion. I tried the Chanting and Bionik last night and again this morning. WOW. I listened to the programs for 20 mins while meditating in traditional burmese posture then when the tracks stopped I took off the Laxman and the Bose and just continued the meditation for another 20 mins....I have to say that this is an awesome meditation tool. Because for me, normally the first 20 mins of traditional meditation are a battle...I am trying to get comfortable, relaxed, etc. I am ticked off that my leg is falling asleep...again....my mind is chattering, etc. All this typical stuff that I have to sort of just get through the first 20 mins of meditation....and then usually after that I can spend the next 20-40 mins getting into a nice, deep, empty state of mind so to speak. But often times those first 20 mins are so challenging I just get up and leave. With the Laxman its a different ball game altogether. The first 20 mins fly by, the body and mind get totally relaxed....mind is totally disconnected from body...then my second 20 mins are much, much deeper than normally speaking. Why? Well, I think it must be the Laxman helping me build such a solid base for the meditation...and from that base its so easy to spring-board into deeper meditative states.

leavesofgrass

Interesting also Lion about doing the visualizations walking around the house. I cant wait to try that. But first I will spend some more time just going with the flow and getting used to it. Because a piece of you has to learn to really just let go and go with the lights, etc. And I am sure that takes a few weeks...and then, like you said, you can start going deeper and deeper with more and more use. I like that aspect of the Laxman...instead of building up a resistance to it its the opposite...you end up going deeper over time. Speaking of going deeper, one thing about LaxEdit...I want to make like a 60 min track for example....thats possible I assume? I havent played with it yet. Also, its interesting that you mention the vibrations...I had them yesterday the very first time I listened to Deep Relaxation!

Speaking of better halves....my wife did the Laxman yesterday for the first time. She tried Deep Relaxation. She said before she started she was very stressed out, her stomach was in a knot, etc....but after the Laxman she felt great the whole rest of the day. She said she felt like her heart-rate dropped to a much slower, relaxed pace the whole rest of the day. Pretty cool. Pretty soon every family member is giong to need their own Laxman! We are meeting my Parents and my sister in Paris in October for some family vacation time and my mom already wants to try the Laxman for help getting sleep...here we go, I am never going to see my Laxman again! HA.

Well, I will be doing some more experimenting in the days to come and we will keep the dialogue going! Cheers.

leavesofgrass

The more I use and get familliar with the Laxman the more I like it. I am really happy that I took Lionhearts advice to get this thing and give it a try. The first several times I used it were relaxing for sure but still a bit intense with the lights...so its harder to just let go and trust that you are not going to have a seizure or something crazy like that. But once you get over that hump...for me it was the first say 5 times....where it got easier every time but I still wasnt 100% comfortable until about the 5th experience. But let me just say that once you get over that initial adjustment phase...holy SH$% the Laxman is awesome. I have never, ever gotten an easier or deeper mind awake body asleep state...I dont even have to try to visualize anything anymore and I just start phasing. Ok..disclaimer...I could phase/project before this so if you have never done it please dont expect the Laxman to do it for you...but if you know how to do it this will make it so much easier for you. And, even if you dont know how to phase/project yet...this will certainly make the learning curve faster because you will be able to achieve the necessary mind awake body asleep state so much easier. Anyways, this morning was kind of a breakthrough Laxman session for me...It was probably my 7th or 8th session since I got it under a week ago. I woke up at 530 after about 6 hours of sleep and did Laxman Beach Meditation for 20mins...then I was feeling too awake so did some stuff around the house until I got tired around 7am...then went back to bed and did Laxman Deep Relaxation session which lasts 30mins...by the end of this my mind was so fresh and body so asleep that the hypnogogic imagery was just running rampant! I didnt have to try and visualize or anything (for the record I get bored with "normal" visualization stuff pretty quickly and therefore tend not to like it a whole lot...viewing it as a necessary evil so to speak! to get me into my projections)...anyways this morning the visualizations just immediately took on a world of their own and I was just observing and experiencing...eventually I was fully immersed in a scene walking up some stairs and talking with a "person" walking down the stairs past me. Note that I always have vibrations when I phase/project...today was the first time that the Laxman relaxed me so much I just seemed to have skipped right through the vibrational state I normally find myself in before projection and that was very cool. I dont mind the vibrations anymore but Frank always said they werent necessary...so if one can phase without them then why not. The simpler the better. Anyways, cant stress enough how much of a Laxman fan I am. Will post more updates here as I have them. More just posting about  the Laxman rather than detailed personal experiences so that if anyone else is interested in buying one, like I was, they will have some information to go on. Cheers, LoG

Lionheart

I am glad you are enjoying it and I love hearing your success stories. Keep up the good work!  :-)

leavesofgrass

Thanks, Lionheart. Will do!

I meant to ask you. Have you found that for some reason the lights make for a more profound mind awake body asleep state than anything else you have ever experienced? From my perspective, getting the body to relax and the mind chatter to go away...essentially getting yourself into that ideal mind awake body asleep state....that is priority number one for me. That is the launch pad so to speak. If you can get that down as your foundation, your prep, it makes the phasing/projection so much easier. I think this is the problem most people have with this whole thing....they either cant relax enough and end up trying too hard and that doesnt work....or, they relax too much and cross that threshold into sleep...and then obviously that doesnt work either. But with the Laxman its crazy how good it works to keep you right on that threshold....I couldnt believe the clarity of the hypnogogic images this morning and how easily they were all just flowing....completely effortlessly on my part yet I was totally immersed.

I think you once said you phase after your Laxman sessions, right? I am finding that is the case for me too.

I haven't experimented with the Monroe Hemi-Sync stuff overlaid with the Laxman lights yet but when I do I will let you know. It is just that right now it is working so easily and effortlessly with just the Laxman that I am hesitant to change anything!

For people that are really serious and passionate about this whole subject I cant recommend a more powerful tool than the Laxman.

Thanks, again!

Lionheart

Quote from: leavesofgrass on September 25, 2012, 03:36:14
I meant to ask you. Have you found that for some reason the lights make for a more profound mind awake body asleep state than anything else you have ever experienced? From my perspective, getting the body to relax and the mind chatter to go away...essentially getting yourself into that ideal mind awake body asleep state....that is priority number one for me. That is the launch pad so to speak.
Yes I have. This is why I am convinced that there is some kind of release of DMT or something else that we don't fully understand that is released by Light. I think the "sound" portion of this is great for setting the mood. Example: Underwater Session has sounds of water splashing etc.. But I think the real deal is the Lights. I have tested this over and over again, I try to Phase just usual or meditate without the Laxman. I can't go that deep in 5 minutes. Once the Laxman program starts I feel the onset of vibrations, after 5 minutes I am in a strong state of paralysis.
As for do I wait until the program is done to Phase. It depends on my mood at the time. Lately I have been Phasing during the entire session, with the full lights and sounds. But I have been working on creating visual scenarios just to see how they play out with the lights and sounds of the Laxman. A Laxman Session normally goes for 20-30 minutes, that's a pretty good time to be in the NPR. You lose track of time really quickly with this unit. Sometimes I feel I have been in a session for way longer than the preset would allow. I'm sure this is caused by the disoriented effect the machine produces. It's almost like time slows down, which makes sense since time has no relevance in the NPR.

Kirkland

I've finally also decided to get an AVS though not the laxman I'm getting the Procyon. I'll write a review in a few days when it comes  :-D. Thanks lionheart for originally suggesting that it may help me a few months ago :)

Stillwater

The light / DMT-release idea might have some merit; neurotransmitters like DMT that are associated with sleep and altered states are heavily tied to brainwave frequncy states, and in turn those states are heavily influenced by light levels and circadian rhythms (the latter two of course being interdependent).

The strobing lights might just be a sort of mind-hack for inducing lower frequency brain states much like binaural audios are for entrainment.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Lionheart

Quote from: Kirkland on September 26, 2012, 09:36:30
I've finally also decided to get an AVS though not the laxman I'm getting the Procyon. I'll write a review in a few days when it comes  :-D. Thanks lionheart for originally suggesting that it may help me a few months ago :)
Your Welcome Kirkland. Craig says great things about the Procyon in his reviews on his website. There are a many presets and great programs available for that unit as well. The unit is compatible with the Laxman goggles too, so if you wish, you can upgrade to a better goggle in the future. I can't wait to hear your review!
This is just one of his blogs on the Procyon, you can find other blogs using his search engine there with the name Procyon. One of them tells you the best sessions he has found for that unit.
http://craigtavs.wordpress.com/2010/03/20/mind-machine-update/
Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

leavesofgrass

Stillwater and Lionheart. This is an interesting discussion regarding what effect the light and sound (particularly the light, I think) have on releasing DMT to facilitate projection of consciousness. Have either of you read any medical studies on this topic? I havent had time to research it yet but will shortly get into it. My interest here is to try and understand which brainwave frequencies match up to which particular light and sound combinations....and then really start to experiment with creating those specific programs in the LaxEdit software. This way we might be able to create some really intense sessions for the Laxman.

Lionheart, have you had much experience with the preset Pulse programs on the Laxman? You know, the ones at the end that dont use music so match as some type of entrainment beats? I havent yet but I would guess that the combination of proper beats with the lights would be much more intense that just the standard music with the lights...although I agree the music preset programs are very good and powerful. It just seems that the Pulse sessions should be that much more powerful. I am going to experiment with the 60min pulse session called Regeneration today and will report back with details.

Lionheart

Quote from: leavesofgrass on September 27, 2012, 02:35:11
Have either of you read any medical studies on this topic?
Lionheart, have you had much experience with the preset Pulse programs on the Laxman?
Hi, I haven't done any deep research on this, other than reading that DMT is released by the Pineal Gland during our Dream state.
I tried a couple of Pulse programs, but my main experimenting right now is with the regular Presets. To get any real conclusion I have to stay on one program session for a period of time. Sooner or later I will experiment with the Pulse sessions, the Binaural Beat and Hemi Circle programs. I just wanted to give the Presets a "fair shake" first.

Astralsuzy

Hi all, I am curious.  Do you have your eyes open or closed when you are using the machine?  It may have been mentioned somewhere.  Thanks,

Lionheart

So far I only do closed eye sessions. I will experiment with the open eye soon. I just wanted to get used to the closed eyes first. It also says you can only use open eye for the Alpha and Beta states. Right now I am experimenting more with the Delta and Theta programs.

leavesofgrass

Hi Lion - I am also experimenting primarily with the music ambience sessions as opposed to the pulse sessions. I think its a good idea to stick with something for a while so you can really get a sense of what its doing for you....only then can you go off and try something else and have a solid basis of comparison.

Hi Suzy - I also do only eyes closed at the moment. Like Lionheart I will do the eyes open at some point...I am not at all opposed to doing it that way....but I want to get fully comfortable with my eyes closed first.

Cheers.

Lionheart

Leavesofgrass, I did that Escape session program last night and found that I was on that Train that started at about the 2 minute mark for the entire session. It was amazing. The Train was going through all those different areas, the jungle, the thunderstorm, then it got really weird when the Train felt like it was flying and in front of it there was a spiralling vortex of energy. Everytime the sounds changed, I found I was still witnessing the visuals but while sitting onboard the same Train. It was pretty intense.  :-)
Near the end of it I briefly lost Consciousness, then snapped back awake once it was over. I then went into a regular Phase session. This was incredibly easy to do though, since I had just left the NPR moments before and my body was still in a ultra relaxed state.