Laxman Light and Sound Machine

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamshards

Damnit I really wish I could afford the laxman! I have OBE's through my dream state but also have a huge problem getting into a trance or even meditating. It use to come fairly easy to me and now after being a single mom working fifty hours a week I can't get my mind to shut up without falling asleep.

Lionheart

Quote from: Dreamshards on December 04, 2012, 01:23:11
Damnit I really wish I could afford the laxman! I have OBE's through my dream state but also have a huge problem getting into a trance or even meditating. It use to come fairly easy to me and now after being a single mom working fifty hours a week I can't get my mind to shut up without falling asleep.
If you are interested in this technology, there is much cheaper units on the market. The Procyon, the Proteus and the MicrobeatMini fall into this category. You can find reviews on each of these from Craig at this site. http://craigtavs.wordpress.com/about/. He is extremely knowledgeable on these units and is very helpful in deciding which one is best for you. He will even answer your email questions!  :-)

AteBits

2013 I'm getting a Laxman, for sure. I have to have this, even if it doesn't suit me or help me, I have to. Its to awesome of a machine to not have. Its sure is expensive though, but... I'd rather put my money on this than on a new computer or TV actually.
I'v read through the posts here and it s a great thread.
I can't project conscioussly yet, and have only had minor experiences save for a few profound ones, but the way I see it is that if I'm interested in all of this then why not get one if I can afford it?

Dreamshards

I have been doing various research on light machines. I still want to do way more research before putting a few hundred bucks down for one, but for the time being I downloaded a biofeedback program called neuro programmer. Since you can customize the theta, beta, and alpha waves of a session: where should I start. If I'm trying to get myself into a trance to have an OBE then what waves should I have more of-if that makes since. I'm going to try it out tonight or set my alarm to get up early to try out a session. I have used bin aural beats before but I hope this has more of an effect on me.

Lionheart

Quote from: Dreamshards on December 04, 2012, 13:25:23
I have been doing various research on light machines. I still want to do way more research before putting a few hundred bucks down for one, but for the time being I downloaded a biofeedback program called neuro programmer. Since you can customize the theta, beta, and alpha waves of a session: where should I start. If I'm trying to get myself into a trance to have an OBE then what waves should I have more of-if that makes since. I'm going to try it out tonight or set my alarm to get up early to try out a session. I have used bin aural beats before but I hope this has more of an effect on me.

That's an excellent start. That program gives you a limited 30 day free trial. The only thing I didn't like about it was that that trial was very limited. I couldn't download full programs by other user/members, especially the ones that supposedly led to AP. But, at least you get a taste for lights and Binaural Beats. You can also go to YouTube.com and look for some audiostrobe videos. Enlarge them, then listen with your headphones in a dark room while seeing the blinking lights before your eyes.
Where there's a will, there's a way. Experiment with the free stuff first!  :-)

manuel

Just started reading this thread, I am fascinated by this machine, will have to save up for this though.

Dreamshards

Does anyone mind giving me some links to youtube videos for entrainment? I have been searching on there but it is hard to filter through all the ones with horrible quality and stupid captions.

I am seriously looking into the Procyon machine. I really would be stupid to spend six hundred dollars right now for the laxman while trying to save money for school and reading reviews on the Procyon it really seems to set out what it is made to do. If anyone has any reviews or insight on the Procyon I am all ears. It will still be a couple of months before I can purchase it (damn Christmas  :-P) but I will also write a review after using it.

Lionheart

I just went to YouTube.com and typed in the search word "Procyon" and got this page with 4 great videos. Even one named "Brain Entrainment with the Procyon AVS".

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=procyon&oq=procyon&gs_l=youtube.12..0l10.344.1016.0.3698.4.4.0.0.0.0.496.1448.0j1j0j1j2.4.0...0.0...1ac.1.TY78flfzhUo

Where did you search?

Here's the true definition of what Brain Entrainment is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainwave_entrainment

I hope this help you!  :-)

Dreamshards

Sorry I wasn't terming it correctly. I should have searched "audiostrobe". I wasn't looking for actual trance videos.  :-P Thanks for your help.

AteBits

Lionheart: You still use the Laxman and if not, why?

Lionheart

Quote from: AteBits on December 06, 2012, 05:55:54
Lionheart: You still use the Laxman and if not, why?
Yes but not as much as I did before, due to working everyday 10 hours a day at my Christmas Kiosk.
Sometimes it's good to give Phasing a break anyways. It almost makes it like a new discovery all over again.
The Lucid Dreams continue every night though, just like clockwork!  :-)

AteBits

Its good to know that Laxman works for your purposes. Im so interested in one that I'll have to buy it next year. Its alot of mony for a small gadget but I think its worth it.

Dreamshards

Yes, but it sucks that you can not try it out before purchasing it, especially in America. You just have to take people's word on it (and there isn't many).

Lionheart

Quote from: Dreamshards on December 07, 2012, 01:21:21
Yes, but it sucks that you can not try it out before purchasing it, especially in America. You just have to take people's word on it (and there isn't many).

It's not going to do all the work for you though. What it will do is take you 100% away from your physical focus. What you do when that happens is still up to you. It's just a shortcut for part of the process.

But the sensations it creates are hard to put into words!  :-)

AteBits

And thats exactly what I'm after :)

leavesofgrass

Hi Everyone. Wow, I see that the Laxman discussion is really expanding these past couple of months. Great! Like Lion, I have been busy working long days lately. But, I am using the Laxman at least once a day and sometimes more. And I couldn't be happier with it. As Lion said in an earlier post, we have been going back and forth creating some interesting programs of our own. If you want a copy just PM one of us and we will get it to you. We are experimenting mostly with white light trying to emulate what they have done with the Lucia in Austria. The Laxman, like anything, is not a magic pill for projection. But, it will really help you perfect the mind awake body asleep state that is the ideal platform from which to project....that's what I am getting out of it at any rate. I usually wake up at 4am for early morning projection and since I started using the Laxman in combination with that its really a no brainer. You can project like clock-work with some practice. When I used to get up at 4am and practice without the Laxman I could still project just fine. But what the Laxman does is it helps my mind stay bright and awake as my body falls back deeply asleep. Whereas before the Laxman it was more difficult to keep the mind bright and awake as the body was falling back asleep. I used to sometimes have a slight break in consciousness and then once my vibrations started I would snap back to full consciousness and project. Whereas now there is almost never a lapse in consciousness...in other words, its bright and awake (in the mind) the whole time while the body is fast asleep. Not that I am an expert by any stretch, but like Lion I have had a fair go with the Laxman now so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask and we will do our best to answer. Ok....back to work.

Dreamshards

Quote from: Lionheart on December 07, 2012, 01:36:27
It's not going to do all the work for you though. What it will do is take you 100% away from your physical focus. What you do when that happens is still up to you. It's just a shortcut for part of the process.

But the sensations it creates are hard to put into words!  :-)

No I totally understand that, and honestly I want to improve my phasing before even purchasing one of these. I have phased a few times before but It's not like I can do it on a weekly basis. It's something I'm working on and have every belief I will get there, and then after I improve I will then feel comfortable purchasing something like this.

j360

I just received the laxman the other day. For anyone in the US it's on amazon for $600. I also have a procyon on order so I'll post a comparison after I'm able to try them both for a while. I'll also compare the effects vs using a floatation tank.

So far I've tried about 4 sessions and I think I'm really going to like the laxman. I didn't get to a trance state or project yet but I've had a lot of distractions and still need to try it in the morning when I would normally try to project.  It was very relaxing and a few times it felt like I was getting close to the mind awake body asleep state. This has a lot of potential since I'm not able to get deeply relaxed nearly that fast with meditation, I would have to be in a floatation tank.

I thought for a little that it had gone bad. I was adjusting the brightness and sound settings, I think I turned the sound all the way up then the unit started freezing even after I powered on and off.  I tried re-seating the batteries then went in and turned the audio down a little and the problem has cleared, hopefully it was just a temp glitch.

A lot of the programs seem really bright even with my eyes closed so I'll really have to mess with finding the right settings there.

Lionheart

It takes a couple of days to get use to the settings. I noticed at first that it was extremely bright. But, now I find myself increasing the brightness on some of the sessions. Leaves does the same thing too.

Go slow at first. Get yourself acclimated to Relaxation programs before you delve any deeper. Deep Relaxation is very good for this, so are the Sleep programs. There are some pretty intense programs on there and you don't want to "blow your mind" yet, lol.

Please keep us updated on your progress, you can PM me anytime with questions as well!

Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

Dreamshards

I will be looking forward to hearing your comparison of the two devices j360.

eskimoswim

i can only afford a less expensive one but most others looks so cheap (and not worth the price) in comparison to the laxman

Lionheart

Quote from: eskimoswim on December 08, 2012, 19:01:36
i can only afford a less expensive one but most others looks so cheap (and not worth the price) in comparison to the laxman
True, the adage "you get what you pay for" comes into play here. I bought the Laxman because one, it was the one I saw in a Astral Vision and two, I did a lot of checking around and found it was the best of it's kind. I wanted to see if AVS would really help people with their NPR focus and knew that to do this I would need the best instrument I could find for the job.

I'm not rich either, but I am 100% committed to this practice and find this as a very useful "tool".  :-)

j360

I finally had the chance the try the laxman to project or LD and it went well. I used it 3 times this morning and had 3 LD's and vibrations where I failed to separate. That's not bad for the first try since I haven't been practicing much for the last 2 years.

The LD's occurred a little after the sessions ended. I didn't see any hypnagogic imagery when the sessions were running but when it was going I did briefly get vibrations which ended after I noticed a discomfort in my foot. So far I like the deep relax, vibrations, lovely, and highlands sessions.

The laxman has also made it much easier to fall asleep the last few nights since I have issues with insomnia. I've also been feeling great mentally and very clear headed, I'm not sure if that's from using the laxman or if it's a cordyceps supplement I recently started.

Lionheart

Try this for a bit of fun and experimenting. When you are about 5 minutes into a session, try to see your body. Then start to look at some other things in your room, like maybe your door or window. Try walking to the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom. One you get good at this, try leaving the home and walking around your house or flying and seeing your house from a higher elevation. The Laxman helps you to get rid of your Physical Focus. This is a great time to start exploiting/experimenting on what you can accomplish during this time.
Training yourself to do this now, will lead to much faster results. Just lying back and enjoying the Laxman session is fun, but if you start to experiment from the "get-go", you will entrain your mind to do much more!  :-)
Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

j360

Thanks Lionheart, I'll definitely try that, sounds like a good technique.

I just noticed that the laxman site has 2 additional sessions that can be downloaded.