Laxman Light and Sound Machine

Previous topic - Next topic

bluremi

I like this machine, last time I used the "night voyage" track I nearly fell out of bed because I hallucinated a dog attacking me.

Lionheart

For anyone currently using a Light/Sound machine, anyone it doesn't have to be the Laxman. Try the following: Start doing sessions while having the light and sound turned down to the point that you are just seeing a faint light in the distance or hearing a whisper for your sound.

You will find that this really teaches you how to get a new level of focus. I have found that images are much more vivid and sounds much more clear.

Give it a try and then post your results here. I would love to hear them.

Thank you!  :-)

bluremi

Could you expand on that? What are you focusing on?

Lionheart

Quote from: bluremi on January 30, 2013, 13:05:27
Could you expand on that? What are you focusing on?
The faint sounds that you are seeing and hearing.

This technique opens up to other vivid images quite quickly.

Sometimes I find when the lights are too bright, they keep my eyes jumping through the whole experience. By turning them down, almost to the point of them not being there you see that your eyes are much more comfortable and that you can ALLOW yourself to wander with better results, at least when trying to project that is.

bluremi

Thank you, that sounds like an interesting experiment. I will try it out and post how it goes.

Lionheart

Well it's been awhile since i posted anything here about the Laxman. I use it about every second day and find great results with it. It still is the fastest way for me to gain non physical focus.

This just came in through a Newsletter I recieve periodically from the makers of the Lucia 3. If you live in the East Coast of the USA and get a chance to try, I would love to hear your review of it. New Jersey is a bit far for me right now.

"Lucia No 3 will be at the upcoming Mind Body Spirt Expo in Edison, New Jersey, March 15-17

Vermont Lucid Light and Vermont Photonics will be in booth C714.

Come to the expo to try a free demo session with the Lucia No 3

Vermont Photonics and Vermont Lucid Light"
Brattleboro Vermont

Little Bibble

What I'm interested to know is when you're using the laxman and you have moved out of phase do the flashing lights interfere and become a distracting overlay to the NP environment you are exploring?

Little Bibble

I have a laxman on order at the moment and was interested in the L3 programme that you created, Lion. Have you based your strobing pattern on videos you've seen of the Lucia? If so I just found a good video that maybe you haven't seen which shows it up close in your face. When my Laxman arrives I might also do some testing with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E0JM0l4iBk

go to 7:22 for the Lucia part

Lionheart

Thank You for the link Little Bibble!  :-)

I found that entire video interesting. I love hearing other people's AP success stories.

Send a PM to me with your email address and I will send you my L3 program.

I don't have or wish to do a video on this. I am happy with just corresponding here, like I do now!  :-)

Javier

Hello Gentlemen

Lionheart congratulate you all the information you give so selflessly. Take to ask anyone who has bought his Laxman on Amazon, I could tell who was the seller? Marks General Services perhaps?. I would be grateful to help me because I want to buy and want to know how reliable is the seller.

Atte Javier

Lionheart

Quote from: Javier on March 14, 2013, 21:41:33
Hello Gentlemen

Lionheart congratulate you all the information you give so selflessly. Take to ask anyone who has bought his Laxman on Amazon, I could tell who was the seller? Marks General Services perhaps?. I would be grateful to help me because I want to buy and want to know how reliable is the seller.

Atte Javier
Hello and Welcome to the Astral Pulse, Javier.

Thank You for your kind words!  :-)

I purchased mine directly from the company.

I have used Amazon in the past to purchase other things and have found it quite reliable.

My advice, if you wish to go this route, is to Google that company's name and try to find reviews from others on their service.

Good  Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

Little Bibble

I used audiostrobe.com which was cheaper than direct through the seller but the plus side was that the German manufacturers were the ones who sent it to me. So best of both worlds

Lionheart

Quote from: Little Bibble on March 15, 2013, 05:05:37
I used audiostrobe.com which was cheaper than direct through the seller but the plus side was that the German manufacturers were the ones who sent it to me. So best of both worlds
:-) :-) :-)

Fairywindblues

Well, I've been admiring this baby from afar from several months now. Been reading about the Laxman, thinking about it, even having dreams about it, and I've been obsessively reading reviews and info on it.

I NEVER ever thought I would actually own one. I was ready to just face the music or settle for a much cheaper/less effective alternative, when the universe gave me an unexpected twist.

I was hanging out at my mom's today, on my laptop, and I was looking at info about the Laxman. She sneaked up behind me and startled me. She asked me what I was reading about, and I showed her a few pictures of the Laxman and a few reviews.

She stared at me for a good minute, and then she said the most unexpected thing...

"I'll pay for half the cost, honey. Here's $300."

I was completely dumfounded. This statement, coming from a woman who wouldn't let me have an extra $100 because I wanted a prom dress that was too expensive, a few years ago. I looked at her all funny and asked her if she was feeling okay... I was curious as to why she was so eager to help me fund this thing.

She then burst out laughing and told me that I left my laptop open here on a Laxman page, once, and that she read all about the Laxman and was dying to try it out, herself, since she's also into meditation, spirituality, and mind altering devices. She used to have a much cheaper light machine that she sold six years ago because she was just looking for something "better". She told me there was just no way she was going to pay the whole $600 for the Laxman. She did her own research on it and was hoping that I'd buy it myself or would co-pay for it, with her. Ahahaha. She told me when it gets here, we're sharing it and that the terms and conditions are that she can steal it from me whenever she likes.  :-P God, I love my mommy. She's just too funny.

So, we placed an order for one and I am literally jumping up and down and bouncing off the walls with happiness. I will review it as best as I can, when I get it. Despite all of the fabulous reviews that I've seen on it (both here on the pulse and elsewhere), I honestly still have no idea what to expect. I think that it's one of those things that needs to be experienced rather than translated into words. I know the thing is going to shine bright lights at me and has an MP3 player, but I don't think I've wrapped my mind around how awesome it's going to actually be.

When I get it, I'm planning on reviewing all of the different settings and functions. Expect a huge wall of text detailing every inch of this baby when it gets here. I'm so happy that I'm positively bursting. It's funny that the one thing I really have honestly and genuinely wished for and wanted for months now has not only fallen into my lap quite cheaply (considering the actual cost), but that my mother is apparently exactly like me and has been drooling over it, as well.

Lionheart

Quote from: Fairywindblues on March 15, 2013, 21:10:10
So, we placed an order for one and I am literally jumping up and down and bouncing off the walls with happiness. I will review it as best as I can, when I get it. Despite all of the fabulous reviews that I've seen on it (both here on the pulse and elsewhere), I honestly still have no idea what to expect. I think that it's one of those things that needs to be experienced rather than translated into words. I know the thing is going to shine bright lights at me and has an MP3 player, but I don't think I've wrapped my mind around how awesome it's going to actually be.
Excellent news Fairywind!  :-)

I guess it was meant to be.

Mom, to the rescue!  :-D You both will enjoy it.

I have lived my entire life on the premise of "Trust in the Multiverse"!  :-)

I first saw the Laxman in a Phase session I was doing. I knew after that I had to hunt it down.

MJ, my better half uses it when she is stressed out and needs to relax. She loves it too.

Don't have any expectations going into it, other than knowing it will give you complete non physical focus in mere minutes.

You really do have to experience to truly understand the reviews we have given here.

I have wanted to write many other things on it. But, I didn't want to look like some kind of company spokesman. I do in PMs though.

You are more than welcomed to a copy of my L3 program as well. After you have used the Laxman for awhile, I'll show you some fun stuff you can do during a session.

I can't wait to read your review!  :-)

Fairywindblues

The Laxman was definitely calling out to me, as well. I saw it, I read the reviews, and I just knew that some day, some how, that thing was going to be MINE. I didn't have the extra $300 + shipping to pay for it at the current moment but I was seriously considering ebaying some of my personal assets just to get it. I was still wary about it because for $600, that thing better last.

I keep looking around the web for info on warranties and all that but can't really find anything. I think I'd have to go to the company directly and ask them about it. I sorta just want to know that if the thing malfunctions or straight up doesn't work, that they would do something about it.

I'm not too worried because one lady on youtube has a much, much cheaper sound and light machine that's still kicking after a decade. Same one my mom and I used to have - the Galaxy Voyager. We paid about $200 bucks and it worked fine for about four years, we just decided to sell it. I'd tell you how it was but I was a lot younger when we bought it and my mom wouldn't let me touch it much. So, for something that's $400 more, I expect the thing to last for at least 20 years if one lady's $200 Voyager has been kicking for a decade.

All in all, I know it sounds completely weird, but I do feel a strong connection with the Laxman, as well. It's just screaming "Buy me, buy me" at me. My worst fear, of course, is that I'm going to get it, fall in love with it, and have it malfunction or glitch and not be able to get it fixed.  :-P However, I'm an optimist, and this is supposedly top notch and looks sturdy enough to me. Plus, anything made in Germany or Europe is typically a plus.

Lionheart

The Laxman Light and Sound Machine Product has a two year factory warranty.

The German's have always been known for their excellent engineering.

That's where our own space program was born, via rockets created by Wernher von Braun.  :wink:

Here's the PDF Handbook for the product from the company. I don't know if you had this yet.

http://www.neurotronics.eu/fileadmin/downloads/manual_english/Handbook_Laxman.pdf

Fairywindblues

Sold.

I'm gonna read this handbook, now. My mother, being over protective, reminded me that I'm prone to migraines and should use with caution.  :roll: Aside from that, though, I've never had a seizure and aren't on any weird meds. Now that I know it has a two year warranty, I can breathe, now. I have read many reviews on the Procyon mind machine (my second choice) and some people claimed that not only did some of the lights stop working after a while, but that customer support was virtually non-existent and never responded. There's nothing that I hate more than a pricy item that malfunctions and has snobby customer support that completely ignores their clients. The Procyon does look cool, though, for a cheaper alternative, and has brilliant reviews on Amazon except for the ones that say customer support stinks and that it has programming and system problems. That's the mind machine I was going to buy with the wad of cash I already had before my mother offered to chip in. Out of sheer curiosity, though, the Procyon is definitely something I'd get if I ever have 300 bucks burning a hole in my pocket. I am genuinely curious as to what the differences in these mind machines are. They say the Voyager and Mind's Eye are good. Then, they say the Procyon is REALLY good. And, compared to that, the Laxman is supposedly leagues above all of those. It just makes me want to collect some of them to know for myself. I think that after the Laxman, I will splurge on the Procyon sometime in the next few years out of sheer curiosity. Heck, maybe I'll start my own little mind machine collection.

Back to the Laxman, after I receive it, tinker with it, and figure out how to get custom content on there, I will definitely PM you to see what you have. I also plan on doing a youtube review of it because I've found no Laxman reviews on Youtube except for maybe two, and neither were in English. I'm already planning on making a youtube account for stuff like talking about personal astral experiences, lucid dreaming, sleep paralysis, cleansing the pineal gland, and all of that hippie new age stuff.  :-P Whenever I find a product that can legitimately enhance meditation or if I feel it's expanding my consciousness, I just get so excited I could burst. I never expect anything to be an easy button that I can just push and get instant results. But, it would be nice to have a little extra push to push you out of that NPR door so you don't have to try so hard.

Before we sold our Galaxy Voyager mind machine, I did try it out twice. I was fairly young and not too familiar with half of what I know, now. I remember thinking "Woah... the lights are bright" and after a while, it sort of started to feel like I was floating and was just being carried on a journey where I got some nice visuals pop into my head. I believe, too, that there's something to the whole DMT and light connection. It seems that no matter which mind machine it is, no matter how cheaply built or well built, people all get an altered state of mind from having LED lights flashing in their eyes.

Technically, this isn't that out there of a theory, considering sunlight is known to be good for the pineal gland. This probably mimics the sun's influence on the pineal gland except it really kicks it up a notch in potency. I can't wait to see if my dreams will become more vivid or if my visuals will become intense near phasing. All those would be signs that DMT is indeed being released more than it regularly is. I've already been working on taking supplements and drinking lots of lemon water to chelate the pineal gland. My results with clarity of consciousness have tripled since before I started this regime. If this machine does its job, then I'm truly going to have a blast and party with my active pineal gland.  :-D

Javier

Thank you all for answering my questions, I tell you already ordered and is coming to my country (Chile), unfortunately the cost of the product be added the shipping, but what the hell ... is the only way. I want to know what you think of this review that made ​​a person who bought the Laxman, is the way to copy now:

"Top of the line", "state of the art" -- sort of -- if you want to add your own sessions, it requires a MINI SD card that it rather difficult to find (eBay sells a few ). There's plenty of room in the case for the regular cards, so this is poor design and it really needs to be upgraded. The session editor could be improved in several ways, such as enabling exact frequencies of choice rather than only the standard 440A scale. Also, the ganzfeld goggles need to be larger with better padding/seal around the edges. The LED system could well be replaced with video goggles to enable unlimited programming, such as images ( yantras, words &c ) and the full spectrum of html colors. The earbuds suck. A total headset ( integrated goggles & earphone ) would be nice, if only as an optional accessory. Oh well.., some other decade perhaps... I've been waiting 35 years for this and I can't make one myself, so I'll make do. After all, it is very effective anyway....

I also take the Fairywindblues welcome in this thread, I am excited to know that there are people like me with anxiety levels reaching inaccessible to ordinary mortals. Sounds like a great idea what you mention about creating a YouTube channel to share your experiences, because as you say there is no information regarding Laxman, and if there is inconsistent to have a better idea of the potential and the results laxman can be achieved with use.

Luck.

Lionheart

Quote from: Javier on March 17, 2013, 17:58:16
"Top of the line", "state of the art" -- sort of -- if you want to add your own sessions, it requires a MINI SD card that it rather difficult to find (eBay sells a few ). There's plenty of room in the case for the regular cards, so this is poor design and it really needs to be upgraded. The session editor could be improved in several ways, such as enabling exact frequencies of choice rather than only the standard 440A scale. Also, the ganzfeld goggles need to be larger with better padding/seal around the edges. The LED system could well be replaced with video goggles to enable unlimited programming, such as images ( yantras, words &c ) and the full spectrum of html colors. The earbuds suck. A total headset ( integrated goggles & earphone ) would be nice, if only as an optional accessory. Oh well.., some other decade perhaps... I've been waiting 35 years for this and I can't make one myself, so I'll make do. After all, it is very effective anyway....
I agree with much of this. The ear buds are bad, but that's not a part of the Laxman, just an accessory. I use my noise cancelling Bose, they have much better sound.

I still haven't bought a Mini SD card. I use the programs already there plus I have written 8 myself. That's good enough for now.

You really want to find a program that works good and use it for Daily Entrainment anyways. Using the same session over and over again is the only way to really find out if it's helping you. That's if you want to do some actual research. Otherwise you can just enjoy a different session everytime.

The next jump up from the Laxman in pricing at the current time is to the Lucia 3, priced at over $20,000 US. $600 to $20,000 is quite a jump.

Javier, does it work for you?  Is it helping you to lose your physical focus? What are you experiencing?

Javier

LionHeart clarified that the views on the Laxman corresponds to another user who bought on Amazon. Personally I can not comment because I have not to come to hand, when the time will give my impressions. Although I can say that after much research, I decided on the notorious Laxman manufacturing quality above all others that are within the price range.

I have always been interested in the brain's hidden potential, I think that's the point of creation, and the doors to higher knowledge.
The 25 or so will my Laxman I'm eager to experience.

PD: (sorry if there is any error in writing, use "google translate" to translate from Spanish)

Lionheart

Ok, I misunderstood what you had said. My bad!  :oops:

But, I still wish to hear your review and experiences with it, after you have used it for awhile!  :-)

rvcode

Hey leavesofgrass. Very useful info! A few questions...

Are you still using the Laxman with the L3 program?

Does that continue to give you most OBE's?

What's the link to download the L3 program?

Has anyone else had similar OBE experiences with the Laxman?

Is the Laxman the best device for OBE's under $1000?

I'd love to buy the Lucia No. 3... but the price is ridiculous.

Thanks!

Quote from: leavesofgrass on December 10, 2012, 03:56:01
As Lion mentioned, I do like to go extra bright on every session I do. For me, the brighter the better with the Laxman. And I always do sessions with my eyes closed.

I have had the Laxman for a few months now and I can definitely say that the more often you use it the "better" it gets. Also, I think repeating your favorite program is a good thing to do so that you can go deeper and deeper with that program. It will "train" you to go deeper into the mind awake body asleep state if thats what you are looking for....which I think most of us here are.

I highly recommend the program that Lion created that we are both now using. Its called L3 and it uses all white lights and in a 30min program takes you from 27hz down to the Theta range. I dont know if its how Lion has set up the frequencies, or the intensity variations of the white flashing lights, etc etc....but, this program works very well for me. In fact, I am only using this program now...and each time I go deeper and deeper.

I used to never be able to project late at night during regular sleep hours because like everyone I was too tired and always just fell asleep. So to make up for this I get up very early for morning practice. But lately I have been doing Lions Laxman L3 program (which doesnt have a sound track by the way...and personally I find sound, even binaural beats, distracting and far less powerful than the lights...but thats just me....no sound lets me decouple from the physical much more easily)...anyways I listen to this L3 track which is just under 30mins long...and while I am listening I repeat continuously "Now Im out of Body" (per William Buhlman in Adventures out of the Body)....that is all I do....I repeat that continually and let the lights do their thing. Then when the program is finished I roll over onto my stomach and go to sleep and continue repeating the same mantra....and then bang as soon as my body falls completely asleep I am brought back wide and awake with the OBE vibrations...and then its off you go.

This is awesome for 2 reasons. The first reason is that I can finally project at night...and consistently too. I will keep doing this and let you guys know how consistent it is. But so far I would say its about 70% or better which is pretty incredible considering night time projections have always been the most difficult for me (I should note that projecting in the early morning has never been a problem for me so for those who try this have some patience...do it every night and stay faithful about it and dont be in a rush...let it happen...and it will). The second reason this is so awesome is because it requires the least amount of effort of anything I have ever done before. I am not visualizing, etc. I am just saying that simple statement over and over and then letting the process unfold on its own. I think over concentrating on visualization which goes hand-in-hand with trying to hard is the single biggest factor people have trouble projecting. Have patience and just let it happen....I promise you this is all so much more simple than we all tend to make it at first.

bluremi

I have not found my AVS machine (Procyon) to be very helpful. I think this is a problem with me and my expectations rather than the product itself. To get a "non-physical focus" like Lionheart describes I think you have to be able to achieve that focus on your own. Then the AVS machines will help you get there much faster.

I can't maintain the focus and tend to fall asleep, which I imagine a great majority of people who try to consciously reach that stage do as well. This is a problem with my own abilities and says nothing about the effectiveness of the device. The Procyon is so effective, actually, that it makes me pass out into a stupor during the middle of the day when I am wide awake.

Right now I am focusing on developing the focus and technique necessary to achieve the Phase on my own. Once I am able to do it consistently this device should make it a much faster process.

Lionheart

Rycode, I can answer one of those questions for you.

The L3 programs is one that I wrote with the help of Leaves.

There is no "link" to it, because it is just on my computer.

The rest of your questions can be answered by other people using the device. You have most likely read my views on it here already.

I  wish to hear other people's opinion of it as well!  :-)