Laxman Light and Sound Machine

Previous topic - Next topic

rvcode

Thanks Lionheart! I went back and read through the thread. Lots of great info!

I have some questions for you...

So you use your L3 program without sound and that works best for projecting or phasing?

I know Leaves likes the lights brighter, but you like to turn them down, correct?

Do you still suggest starting with the deep Relaxation and sleep programs?

What makes the L3 program better than the other Laxman presets?

Is the Laxman more effective for stimulating the pineal gland and releasing DMT than other less expensive machines?

Much appreciated!

Quote from: Lionheart on March 18, 2013, 18:14:41
Rvcode, I can answer one of those questions for you.

The L3 programs is one that I wrote with the help of Leaves.

There is no "link" to it, because it is just on my computer.

The rest of your questions can be answered by other people using the device. You have most likely read my views on it here already.

I  wish to hear other people's opinion of it as well!  :-)

Lionheart

Rvcode, here's my answers.

1. I use that L3 program without sound most of the time, but once in awhile I use my separate MP3 and headphones for sound. Other times I just do the program + headphones to cancel out any exterior sounds.

2.I use it bright, but have experimented with turning it down too. I always find experimenting keeps it "new".

3. Yes, Deep Relaxation and Sleep programs are the best in my opinion to use when you are new. Underwater is very tranquil as well.

4.L3 was made with no color whatsover and jumps up and down into different frequencies instead of just staying in one. It looks like it has color, but that is due to adjusting the light frequency while making the program. You really have to try it to see what I mean. Without the device, this means basically nothing to a person.

5. I haven't tried the other machines, so I can't say. I can say that the Laxman was the one in my vision and I knew if i was going to purchase one, that it would be the best I could find. I paid the high price because I knew it was top quality and that that would give me the best device for the job, at least in my price range.
I believe it works in sequence with the pineal gland and releases DMT. This is my personal view from what I have experienced.
I read about a gentleman who had a NDE, as soon as he came back, he created a light machine. He said light is the answer to accessing the consciousness and healing.
Here is a video with Thomas Mellen Benedict http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8FBdLFUQc0

leavesofgrass

Hey Lion and RV,

Lion, its been a while. Just had a kid! So things have been busy.

I received a message from RV and responded. But just wanted to put my two cents out here in the forum so that anyone else can potentially benefit from reading it.

The Laxman is a great tool. But its only a tool. Lion and I could both project consistently before the Laxman. What the Laxman does is just help you perhaps get to the relaxed launching state a bit faster. It kind of gets the body-brain physiological-neurological stuff in the ripe place for projection. But I think you still have to know how to project in order for it to help you project. I could be wrong. Just my two cents.

The best, most effective thing I can recommend to anyone...learn how to project on your own first. Meditation is the best way. And then once you get good at it on your own...start playing with toys like the Laxman because you will have a basis of comparison in terms of projecting with or without the toys-tools.

Cheers everybody.

rvcode

Thanks Lion and LOG. Congrats on the new baby LOG!

I've tried a lot of techniques over the years and also tons of brainwave CD's including many Monroe titles... but no luck.

I have come close. Mind awake body asleep. Several times I heard myself snoring, but then that sort of woke me back up.

I meditated for a few years and do know how to quiet the mind, but it was never enough for an OBE or astral projection.

That's why I began to look for new "tools" to help me out. The Laxman certainly sounds very effective, especially if it causes the pineal gland to secrete DMT.

Do you find that practicing OBE or phasing techniques interrupts your normal sleep pattern?

It seems like evertime I start practicing again I automatically wake up 3 - 4 times during the night versus only 1 time a night.

Are there any updates or news from Neurotronics about creating a program to emulate Lucia No 3 light patterns and sequences?

Lionheart

Quote from: bluremi on March 18, 2013, 14:14:09
I have not found my AVS machine (Procyon) to be very helpful. I think this is a problem with me and my expectations rather than the product itself. To get a "non-physical focus" like Lionheart describes I think you have to be able to achieve that focus on your own. Then the AVS machines will help you get there much faster.

I can't maintain the focus and tend to fall asleep, which I imagine a great majority of people who try to consciously reach that stage do as well. This is a problem with my own abilities and says nothing about the effectiveness of the device. The Procyon is so effective, actually, that it makes me pass out into a stupor during the middle of the day when I am wide awake.

Right now I am focusing on developing the focus and technique necessary to achieve the Phase on my own. Once I am able to do it consistently this device should make it a much faster process.

First off, Congratulations on the new Baby Leaves!  :-)

Hello Bluremi.

Last night I tried to find out what could be happening to you and why.

First I turned on my L3 program and just kind of "lackadaisically" watched the lights, after about what seemed like 10 minutes I started falling deeper into a trance, but seemed to be fading out, like going into a stupor, instead of a Phase session. I then started to get the feeling of falling asleep. This was the first time I have experienced this, so it was new to me.

I then turned the same program back on and immediately started "noticing". Noticing what? Looking ahead at the patterns, watching as those patterns took some kind of shape. Did it create a tunnel or some kind of vortex? What was down that tunnel/vortex? Then I tried to look at my the room I was in. Correction, I looked at the room I was in. I find there's a difference big difference between trying and doing. Many times people say they try to visualize something, don't try to.  Just do it. It really is that easy when we learn to control our minds.

I let myself be absorbed in the act of noticing so strongly, that I found myself twisting and twirling around in these places. I could fly at warp speed through the colors. They kept changing and so did my visions.

Do you see the difference here? The unit, whichever one you are using is simply a "tool". You are the one that still needs to make that tool work.

In the first experiment, I let the Lights just ease me into sleep. Which is why I think the Laxman works so well. I am convinced that it follows the exact pattern that we do as we are beginning to fall asleep. We nod off, then the show begins.

In the second experiment, I used the Lights as my "easel" or picture screen, per say. I focused on what I could see in the lights. I focused on the patterns. My focus was so strong, that sleep wasn't an option. I was wide away and shifting into the NPR at warp speed.

I hope this helps you, I haven't used the Procyon, but from what Leaves had to say about it, I'm sure it's a great "tool" to aide you along your way as well. There are some very good reviews on it. It creates the Alpha, Beta, Delta, Theta state like the Laxman as well. So, I think the only difference is the unit itself. Leaves says the Procyon has far more programs then the Laxman. I wasn't that interested in a bunch of programs, I just wanted a program that was going to work.

I hope this helps you and if you have any other questions you are welcomed to respond here or just PM me!  :-)

Little Bibble

I gave the L3 program a go this morning. For the first fifteen minutes I wasn't getting too much out of it and thought to myself the Lucia lights are much brighter so I whopped the brightness to maximum and within a minute I realised the shapes the lights were producing were a lot more malleable and aligned to my thoughts. Very interesting. I will explore this further. So in summation, good work on the program Lion and Leaves. Seems really good considering I've only used it once.

One thing I might add (which I noticed when looking at it in Laxedit) is that you have not put a return back up to beta waves at the end. Maybe the laxman does it automatically but if not I think this is really important to do so it. I've attended several TMI courses and they really make a big thing about being grounded after an exercise.

The logic is that if you consider yourself like an elastic band - when you move to an altered state the elastic of your consciousness stretches outward. Now if you don't come back to normal C1 consciousness you are left with that airy floaty feeling (which most people think is nice (which it is)) so when you do another session you are already ungrounded so the shift in consciousness this time is not as clear because you are already partly in an altered state. If the elastic band of consciousness is back at c1 it makes the next journey into the altered state more pronounced than if you were ungrounded so it makes these altered states more recognisable to you as you enter them rather than just a hazy fog of ungroundedness with no differentiation between states. Also, it is apparently important to ground the experience in order to retain a clearer memory of it.

I remember Leaves talking about Right of Passage on the Going Home cd. I have that as well and I thought it was awesome that there was no return to C1 but now I realise it is not a good thing. That track was designed for terminal patients so the need to come back is not necessary. If you listen to most hemi-sync Bob makes a very methodical and slow return to C1. This is to properly ground you.

Lionheart

Quote from: Little Bibble on March 22, 2013, 09:35:33
One thing I might add (which I noticed when looking at it in Laxedit) is that you have not put a return back up to beta waves at the end. Maybe the laxman does it automatically but if not I think this is really important to do so it. I've attended several TMI courses and they really make a big thing about being grounded after an exercise.
I did that purposely. The Laxman session is only like a Primer to me.

The real session starts when the Laxman program ends.

The L3 program puts me in the perfect mindset to shift to my intended/chosen destination or activity.

Mind you, I experience quite a bit of Hypnogogic Imagery within the first 10 minutes of the L3 program already.

Last night for the first time I used the Across (Alpha) program. I could swear I could hear Dolphins talking in it and that's the visual I was getting a well.

It left me incredibly alert and aware once the program had ended.

This was the first time I have ever tried that one and found it totally different from the others.

The Neurotronics company really did create some unique programs for this device!  :-)

Little Bibble

Ah, okay, I see. One thing I'm curious about is how much of a distraction does the flashing become once you achieve some non physical awareness. So far I've experienced more fleeting imagery and I can't help but think that the flashing is interrupting my focus on the imagery

Lionheart

You can calm the flashing by either adjusting the light intensity and frequency or by going into Lax edit and changing to more of a smooth transition.

Experiment with it, that's what makes it fun!

I find the flashing kind of wakes me up, when I am falling too deep into a Trance state.

It helps me remain consciously aware.

enlightnd

@lionheart - I haven't read threw all these posts but do you use this device every time you go to phase now?? Or just every now an then to experiment differences ?

rvcode

I just ordered my Laxman today!

Can't wait to get it and test it out.

rvcode

leavesofgrass

Hey Rv,

Congrats on the Laxman! Its a wonderful tool. Enjoy!

On a side note....my floating tank will be up and operational in less than 2 weeks...I have had some delays with ordering salt, etc. but now its getting close.

As I just wrote over on another post, I am going to float from 8-12pm then sleep in my bed from 12-4am...then float from 4-8am...I am going to do this every day so that I can start merging sleeping and waking consciousness...and I will write about all my experiences in my other post topic on floating.

In the meantime, keep us posted on all things Laxman Lion!

Cheers,

Log

Lionheart

Quote from: enlightnd on March 24, 2013, 20:44:23
@lionheart - I haven't read threw all these posts but do you use this device every time you go to phase now?? Or just every now an then to experiment differences ?

It's about 50% of the time now.

I have been experimenting with other tools as well.

The Laxman is still by far the fastest and most efficient tool for me to achieve a shift.

But, my ability to shift without it, just from simply closing my eyes and noticing, is quickly catching up.

leavesofgrass

Hey Lion!

Hope all is well with you. I have been busy with the baby hence not a lot of action on the Pulse lately. But I wanted to ask you, have you ever floated?

Cheers.

Lionheart

Quote from: leavesofgrass on April 20, 2013, 14:48:51
Hey Lion!

Hope all is well with you. I have been busy with the baby hence not a lot of action on the Pulse lately. But I wanted to ask you, have you ever floated?

Cheers.
Yes a new child is a handful. lol. But I say that in a "loving' way!  :-)

Floating is still on my "Bucket List". I am going to try to find a place in Minneapolis, Mn, soon!  :wink:

I just returned an hour ago from a Renaissance Faire in Kansas and was given and had borrowed to me a couple of new tools to test for some friends there.

So, I shall be using those for awhile on top of my Laxman, Egyptian Healing Rods and my Binaural Beat Mp3's.

My current trip to Kansas was VERY interesting and informative.

Someday I shall speak more about my journey's here on the Public Forum.

But for now I am a open and eager student.  :-)

Frequent Flier

-I have read that the Laxman doesn't have headphones, but only earbuds. Maybe it's not a huge issue but headphones isolate you from other noises better, and perhaps sound quality may be better.

-And that customer service is almost non-existent??  I've read that in several reviews.

Is it that bad, those of you who have one?

I've ordered something more modest but which seems backed up by a lot of good reviews: The Mind Alive David Delight https://www.mindalive.com/Products_DAVID_Delight.htm  -the basic one - at 295.00 CDN.

Plus the company is based here in Canada so I don't risk paying additional fees (customs).  :-P

They have a model with CES, cranial electrical stimulation, using an electrode to send electrical pulses in the body for additional effect. That's the PRO model at 525.00 CDN.

I get overnight shipping so it arrives tomorrow.

Can't wait to try.

It may be enough. No need for super fancy -performing  :x - gimmicks.  :-D

Fairywindblues

See, I've heard that they do have customer support. I've read these accounts from several different people. Maybe the people who didn't get customer support right away just didn't try hard enough to contact them. Trust me, if I had a problem, I'd be emailing and calling and annoying anyone I could until they could help me with the problem.  :-P

Plus, if you have an actual glitch or malfunction in the goggles, for example, you can buy replacement goggles online, even if the warranty has expired and they won't replace them.

Speaking of which, there is supposedly a warranty on them? From what I've read.

I got into some financial issues so my order on my Laxman is slightly delayed, but I'll hopefully finally get it in 2-3 weeks. :D

Frequent Flier

From what I recall reading, the ones complaining about lack of support had tried contacting the company several times.

Anyway.. I hope I don't need to pay twice what I paid for a good machine!  :lol: My basic model seems ok for now.

I might get colors, more presets, some I can create... and one machine - which I mentioned in my previous post - even sends electrical impulses in the body, supposedly enhancing many effects... with a costlier one.

But so far the one I have does an interesting job. Even though light flashing and sounds in your ears might seem stimulating, the ones I tried had a kind of restful effect on my nerves. Of course they (sounds, etc) were for meditation. Others are for wakefulness, sharpness, etc

hmm...  :-o

Fairywindblues

I actually want to get the Laxman and the Procyon. I have a strategy behind this.

The Laxman glasses will work on the Procyon. The Laxman comes with it's own system, obviously, which isn't supposed to fail. But... just in case, the Procyon, which is half the cost, can always be used with the goggles. It will just have different session styles.

Plus, they come with their own set of unique glasses. Mixing and matching sounds fun to me.

Frequent Flier

Quote from: Fairywindblues on May 02, 2013, 20:53:04

Plus, they come with their own set of unique glasses. Mixing and matching sounds fun to me.

:lol:

And you don't mind having earbuds instead of head sets? Don't know if it's supposed to make a big difference, but headsets shield you from external sounds better.

Anyway, hope your purchase(s) are satisfying.

:wink:

Lionheart

I believe 1/2 of what I hear, but everything I see. I live my entire life by this motto.

Frequent Flier, I'm kind of baffled how you create an opinion on the Laxman when you haven't ever used.

The earbuds work, they may not be the best, but they work.

Headsets can also be bulky and intrusive. That's why they went with earbuds. To keep it simple and lightweight.

I have contacted the company twice and both times I received quick replies.

They also have a Facebook site, where they address people's problems.

A Volkswagon and a Porche both have 4 wheels, a engine and and get you from point A to point B, but they have a huge difference in their price.

The next step up from the Laxman, is the Lucia 3, which is currently selling for over $23.000 US.

I am sure there is a good reason that is going for that price too.

If I could afford it, I would purchase that in a heart beat.  

Frequent Flier

Quote from: Lionheart on May 03, 2013, 00:20:52
Frequent Flier, I'm kind of baffled how you create an opinion on the Laxman when you haven't ever used.

I did not create an opinion??? I raised questions based on reviews I read about the machine. I read reviews before I buy... there was no opinion...

I was also asking people who had used it, in my first post.. is it like I read or not, etc.

?

Fairywindblues

Okay guys, I am back, with news!

I basically bought a refurbished Laxman, Proteus, and Procyon for the price of what the Laxman costs at retail price. Good old ebay bargain hunting. All seem to work, too. So yeah, I got them all super cheap.  :-D

Here's what I have to say about mind machines: THEY ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL.

Laxman pros:

It has a full spectrum of colors, it lets you put whatever frequency (including base frequency) that you want, it is the best out of any machine that I've tried for getting the ganzfeld effect, it has the prettiest visuals, open/closed eye, you can adjust blinking/as well as brightness, and it is the brightest machine that I have. Sometimes, I like to completely turn off blinking and just stare into the colors. Imagine finding yourself in a virtual reality scene where you're in a room that's made up of only one color - it's neat, and quite relaxing! Things seem to be without depth, also. You just sore of stare off into a colorful void and it's actually quite relaxing.

Also, it has nice background music, and lets you choose the frequency you want, with/or without an mp3 of your choice. Also, these are BRIGHT. I'd say these goggles are brighter than the Procyon for sure, and brighter than the Proteus by far (although the Proteus is a good second choice if you're after brightness). The brighter the machine, it seems, the more complex the geometry and patterns become. And, the Laxman, out of all my three machines, is the brightest shining star of the lot. The Proteus is pretty bright, though, and it's cheap. It doesn't compare to the blazing brightness of the Laxman, though.

The Laxman seems to show me the flower of life, and other beautiful geometrical patterns, a lot.  :-)

Cons: Kind of bulky and sometimes hurts your eyes when you don't expect the light to get quite so intense.

Honestly, aside from that, I can't find many cons for this, so I'm going to go on to the next one.

Proteus pros:

It has two colors, which is nice. Red and green. Red is more stimulating, green is more relaxing. I see shades of blue, white, orange, and yellow sometimes. All in all, this machine is GREAT because it's brighter than the Procyon (its much more expensive successor). The Proteus has 8 total flashing LEDs (four on each eye), while the Procyon only has 6 (three on each eye). Anyways, another pro are the lightweight glasses. It's a very relaxing machine, indeed. There's no fancy background music like in the Laxman, and it has a lot of beeping-type binaural beats, but it's still relaxing on the mind.

Cons: Only two colors. Also, could be more diverse on the binaural beats/sounds, but it's not bad at all.

Procyon pros: Has three colors: RGB, which are BEAUTIFUL when joined in unison. It's a simply marvelous device. The blue really makes the device stand out from the Proteus. Lightweight sunglasses-type glasses, again. Typical binaural beats, with beeping, as with the Proteus and many other machines -- if you want binaural beats + serene ambient music, hook up your own music via CD player or seek the Laxman. The Laxman has built in tranquil and serene MP3s that you can mix and match with the binaural frequencies.

The Procyon is more like the Laxman than the Proteus is, in the sense that the three colors RGB, when patterned a certain way, create the rainbow, as they blend and mesh into each other. I saw reds, oranges, purples, greens, blues, whites, yellows, etc. you name it. This baby will flash the rainbow right in front of your eyes, much like the Laxman will, minus the bulky swimming-goggle feel. Plus, at less than half the cost of the Laxman (you can find it for $260 or so), this would be the light machine I'd go for if I couldn't afford the Laxman and it's customizable luxuries.

Cons:

It's not as bright as the Proteus, which is its one downfall. Brighter is better. Better visuals the brighter the machines are. If the Procyon were a bit brighter, it would be perfect. One could also say that if the Proteus had a blue channel, then it'd be perfect. Ah, guess you can't have it both ways.

If you want to buy the much cheaper Proteus (I see used ones going on ebay for $100-120 sometimes), just know that they come with red/green glasses, but you can buy the alternative red/blue glasses separately, online, sort of making it almost as brilliant as the Procyon, at half the cost.

Then, if you want to throw some blue into the lot, you can just switch out glasses. I'm thinking of ordering these RB glasses myself, because I'm interested in seeing the lovely shade of blue paired with the four LEDs of the Proteus.

All in all, no matter what machine you go for, it will be lovely, no matter what. In fact, I love all my machines, now. Picking a favorite or a least favorite is hard, because they're all like my babies, now :P. They all have advantages and disadvantages, and I feel like they're all amazing in their own unique ways.

So all in all, I have concluded that....

Go for the Laxman if you have cash, because there's no way you will be disappointed. Full spectrum of rainbow colors, customizable MP3 sessions, nice tones, you can set the brightness/blinking, you can adjust the binaural beats, mix and match the existing mp3s and sessions, etc. It's so beautiful, and bright, and everything I dreamed it would be.

If you want a pretty machine that gives a rainbow effect, for cheaper, go for the Procyon. The RGB combo does translate as a full spectrum rainbow, behind closed eyes.

If you want something super cheap, though, and brighter than the Procyon, and can live without the blue tone being added in, then the Proteus is great. If you have $50 to dish out for red/blue glasses, that would make it cooler.

I haven't tried the Micro Beat Mini, Sirius, Mindspa, or some of the others, but in case I do... I will keep you guys posted.  :-D

For me, it's not really a matter of which mind machine is the best. It's a matter of which one is gonna be next to add to my collection, because I'm now completely addicted to these beautiful devices.  :-P

rvcode

Quote from: Fairywindblues on May 15, 2013, 23:40:31
Okay guys, I am back, with news!

I basically bought a refurbished Laxman, Proteus, and Procyon for the price of what the Laxman costs at retail price. Good old ebay bargain hunting. All seem to work, too. So yeah, I got them all super cheap.  :-D

Here's what I have to say about mind machines: THEY ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL.

Laxman pros:

It has a full spectrum of colors, it lets you put whatever frequency (including base frequency) that you want, it is the best out of any machine that I've tried for getting the ganzfeld effect, it has the prettiest visuals, open/closed eye, you can adjust blinking/as well as brightness, and it is the brightest machine that I have. Sometimes, I like to completely turn off blinking and just stare into the colors. Imagine finding yourself in a virtual reality scene where you're in a room that's made up of only one color - it's neat, and quite relaxing! Things seem to be without depth, also. You just sore of stare off into a colorful void and it's actually quite relaxing.

Also, it has nice background music, and lets you choose the frequency you want, with/or without an mp3 of your choice. Also, these are BRIGHT. I'd say these goggles are brighter than the Procyon for sure, and brighter than the Proteus by far (although the Proteus is a good second choice if you're after brightness). The brighter the machine, it seems, the more complex the geometry and patterns become. And, the Laxman, out of all my three machines, is the brightest shining star of the lot. The Proteus is pretty bright, though, and it's cheap. It doesn't compare to the blazing brightness of the Laxman, though.

The Laxman seems to show me the flower of life, and other beautiful geometrical patterns, a lot.  :-)

Cons: Kind of bulky and sometimes hurts your eyes when you don't expect the light to get quite so intense.

Honestly, aside from that, I can't find many cons for this, so I'm going to go on to the next one.

Proteus pros:

It has two colors, which is nice. Red and green. Red is more stimulating, green is more relaxing. I see shades of blue, white, orange, and yellow sometimes. All in all, this machine is GREAT because it's brighter than the Procyon (its much more expensive successor). The Proteus has 8 total flashing LEDs (four on each eye), while the Procyon only has 6 (three on each eye). Anyways, another pro are the lightweight glasses. It's a very relaxing machine, indeed. There's no fancy background music like in the Laxman, and it has a lot of beeping-type binaural beats, but it's still relaxing on the mind.

Cons: Only two colors. Also, could be more diverse on the binaural beats/sounds, but it's not bad at all.

Procyon pros: Has three colors: RGB, which are BEAUTIFUL when joined in unison. It's a simply marvelous device. The blue really makes the device stand out from the Proteus. Lightweight sunglasses-type glasses, again. Typical binaural beats, with beeping, as with the Proteus and many other machines -- if you want binaural beats + serene ambient music, hook up your own music via CD player or seek the Laxman. The Laxman has built in tranquil and serene MP3s that you can mix and match with the binaural frequencies.

The Procyon is more like the Laxman than the Proteus is, in the sense that the three colors RGB, when patterned a certain way, create the rainbow, as they blend and mesh into each other. I saw reds, oranges, purples, greens, blues, whites, yellows, etc. you name it. This baby will flash the rainbow right in front of your eyes, much like the Laxman will, minus the bulky swimming-goggle feel. Plus, at less than half the cost of the Laxman (you can find it for $260 or so), this would be the light machine I'd go for if I couldn't afford the Laxman and it's customizable luxuries.

Cons:

It's not as bright as the Proteus, which is its one downfall. Brighter is better. Better visuals the brighter the machines are. If the Procyon were a bit brighter, it would be perfect. One could also say that if the Proteus had a blue channel, then it'd be perfect. Ah, guess you can't have it both ways.

If you want to buy the much cheaper Proteus (I see used ones going on ebay for $100-120 sometimes), just know that they come with red/green glasses, but you can buy the alternative red/blue glasses separately, online, sort of making it almost as brilliant as the Procyon, at half the cost.

Then, if you want to throw some blue into the lot, you can just switch out glasses. I'm thinking of ordering these RB glasses myself, because I'm interested in seeing the lovely shade of blue paired with the four LEDs of the Proteus.

All in all, no matter what machine you go for, it will be lovely, no matter what. In fact, I love all my machines, now. Picking a favorite or a least favorite is hard, because they're all like my babies, now :P. They all have advantages and disadvantages, and I feel like they're all amazing in their own unique ways.

So all in all, I have concluded that....

Go for the Laxman if you have cash, because there's no way you will be disappointed. Full spectrum of rainbow colors, customizable MP3 sessions, nice tones, you can set the brightness/blinking, you can adjust the binaural beats, mix and match the existing mp3s and sessions, etc. It's so beautiful, and bright, and everything I dreamed it would be.

If you want a pretty machine that gives a rainbow effect, for cheaper, go for the Procyon. The RGB combo does translate as a full spectrum rainbow, behind closed eyes.

If you want something super cheap, though, and brighter than the Procyon, and can live without the blue tone being added in, then the Proteus is great. If you have $50 to dish out for red/blue glasses, that would make it cooler.

I haven't tried the Micro Beat Mini, Sirius, Mindspa, or some of the others, but in case I do... I will keep you guys posted.  :-D

For me, it's not really a matter of which mind machine is the best. It's a matter of which one is gonna be next to add to my collection, because I'm now completely addicted to these beautiful devices.  :-P

Nice review of the machines! Did you leave the brightness at the default level for the Laxman? I agree it's very bright. I turn my down. Maybe I'll make it brighter when I get more used to it. Also, I usually just lay the goggles on my face without fastening them. Makes it more comfortable.

Fairywindblues

Well, I adjust my brightness to whatever I want it to be at. I do like turning the brightness up, though, it makes it more visual and gives nice mandalas, for sure.

Last night, I fell asleep with a machine on and didn't even realize. I just put one on, for a nap, and next thing I know is, I'm waking up six hours later after having many vivid dreams all night.