Laxman Light and Sound Machine

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Sky

Dear Lionheart,

thanks for sending your L#3 session for the Laxman. I found the email in my spam crunch, therefore I didn´t recognize your email right away.
Your session does in deed put me in a very deep Theat state. I do find the goggle of the Laxman annoying though, as it is very heavy and uncomfortable to wear. As far as it is to me, the Procyon goggle is much more convenient and less annoying to wear. Therefore I have re-written your L#3 session for the Procyon, although it took me quite some time to "translate" the Laxman parameters and according values into the right Parameters and values for the Procyon. But finally it works exactly the same as your original Laxman session ... just for the Procyon instead with a more comfortable and less clumpsy eyeset. Oh, by the way: I did also add a deep tone audio stimulation with binaural beats ... but if you don´t like it, just leave the headphones off.

For anyone who is interested to use the L#3 session for the Procypn, please find it attached to this post. You will need to re-name the file name from  L#3.txt  into  L#3.PRw  though, as this forum does not allow to upload other file types than  txt, doc, pdf, jpg, gif, mpg or png.

Enjoy! :-)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lionheart

I'm glad you like it Doc!  :-)

Since you find the Laxman goggles bulky and uncomfortable, try taking the strap completely off, thus negating the "stranglehold" they have on your face.

I lie down, drape the goggles overtop of my eyes, then turn the session on. Once it is done, without thinking or struggling against removing them with a strap, I simply just take the unstrapped goggle off my eyes and continue my Phase.

I take the minor inconvenience, just like I do when I get a itch during a session. I calmly remove the itch/goggles and carry on!  :wink:

Doc Sky

Dear Lionheart,

thanks for your hint. Well, when lying down on a bed, taking the strap of the Laxman goggle off does of course increase the wearing comfort of the Laxman goggle. Personally I prefer to do my sessions in a half lying/sitting position (in my comfortable relaxing chair, which I fold back to a 35° angle), as completely lying down likely puts me to sleep too easily. :-)
This does not happen so much likely when I sit in a slightly upward position, though ... but in this case the Laxman goggle does fall off from my face to easily if I do not fix it with the strap. Therefore the Procyon goggle is more usable and convenient for my purposes ... and with the Procyon-converted L#3 session of yours, I can now comfortably use this with my Procyon as well. :-)

Javier

This is a message to Doc Sky. I resent their interventions on Laxman, if to look like they came just to make a counter-advertising in this thread, which certainly speaks of the device. I know I'm just another user in this forum, however, I can not avoid irritated by constant attacks and disadvantages versus Procyon says he personally investigated this device but I was not attracted by the cheapness of its construction and design of the year 80 ', no offense. I end this comment inviting Doc Sky to reemplantee available regarding Laxman, and that their comments are constructive and not vice versa, otherwise there should be a forum for the Procyon which is where according guess will be better received.

PS: Laxman, is the best device I've used to date.  8-)

Doc Sky

Dear Javier,

well, I guess everybody holds his own opinion. I definitely do not intend to "counter-advertise" the Procyon against the Laxman in this thread. I do own both devices and tt is simply my personal opinion when I state, that I prefer the Procyon more than the Laxman. For me it is simply more comfortable to use and I also find the Procyon more versatile than the Laxman. The Laxman sure does attract at first glimpse because of its stainless steel case, the built-in mp3-player and the extraordinary goggle ... but after having used the Laxman for a while, I actually do not really pull much benefit out of these things. As said before, I find the laxman goggle too bulky and inconvenient to wear ... and as I ended up using it with closed eyes anyway, the open eye concept did not really provide any benefit to me. The stainless steel case Looks great at first glimpse ... but it is very bad workmanship. Just a thin metal Shell where the buttons get stuck in if you push them to firmly. So below the line, it is only the built-in mp3-player that provides a true comfort.
Anyway, I found that I can do EVERYTHING with the Procyon as well, what the Laxman is capable to do - the only little disadvantage of the Procyon in comparison to the Laxman is that I need to connect an external mp3-player to it, but therefore the Procyon offers much more sophiticated features, visual effects and technical possibilities than the Laxman does, while I find the technical concept of the Laxman to be rather primitive in comparison to the Procyon. Sure, the design of the Procyon is somehow old-fashioned, but honestly spoken I definitely prefer to use a machine with an old-fashioned design but therefore with many modern and innovative technical features ... rather than a device with an attractive facade but with a primitive technical concept. Beside of that I simply dont find the Laxman to be comfortable to use due to the bulky and heavy goggle.

So my conclusion from the comparison of these two devices results in my opinion, that the Laxman is simply too expensive for what it has to offer, while the Procyon is generally capable of doing the same things for less than half of the costs ... and it is also more comfortable to use.

As already said, this is no "counter-advertisement" for the Procyon but simply my personal experience-based opinion. Although the title of this thread may be "Laxman Light and Sound Machine" there have been reviews and comparisons about other light and sound machines in previous posts from other users on this forum as well ... so maybe the title of this thread should possibly better be renamed into "Light and Sound Machines" in general?

Lionheart

I finally had a chance to try out the Procyon today and there is a HUGE difference. I now understand what Javier was saying. The intensity, the depth, the overall programming is much different than on the Laxman. It is indeed a lesser model to the Laxman. But, it should be for the difference in price. Just like the Lucia #3 should be a ENORMOUS improvement over the Laxman.
Even the Laxman goggles are way better than the Procyon's. The Laxman's may be more bulky, but they are also way more intense in the patterns and colors.

I couldn't say anything in the past, because I had never tried the Procyon before . Now that I have, I know the difference first hand!  :wink:

2fly4thesky

I'm thinking of buying this Laxman thing. I have the money to do so. Just hesitant to pull the trigger.

My whole thing is.. okay, if I do like.. Hemi-sync catnapper.. or something along those lines.. during the day, I'll, 7 times out of 10, end up in this perfect sleepy-awake state of mind where I can project. However, most of the time its such an intense experience lol.. There'll be like this pressured ringing in my ear, my body will stiffen up and go completely numb - no physical output - and if I go along with it, I'll feel as if I'm shooting up very fast. My writing can't really convey how intense the experience is. Sometimes I go with it but I'll feel like I'm rising up for so long I start questioning where I'm going and it's such an unknown to me (and since it takes so long for something to happen) I'll just abort.

Therefore, I'd rather just phase. When I try to phase though all I see is this gray swirly cloudy stuff behind my eyes. Frank Kepple called it stray energy. Lets say for instance that this is a light focus 12. He said he saw it too but for him it would then turn into colored swirls (lets say that's a deep focus 12 or whatever) and from there the process would take off. For me the gray swirls eventually just go away and I feel like I'm back at focus 10 or C1. So basically I feel like I need to go deeper. I don't know why I can't..

So, I feel like the Laxman would help me out with this.. I feel like just by seeing the colored lights in the goggles will help me get to the next step to the colored swirls.. probably without me even noticing it happened with the goggles on.. what do you think?

Lionheart

I was waiting for someone else to answer this, so I didn't have to all the time. I am not a spokesman for the company, lol!  :lol:

If you wish to attain a non physical focus. The Laxman will definitely help you with that goal. Many times you will find you don't even need to attempt to Phase at all. Just put the goggles on, lie back and enjoy the show. The colors and Mandelas do a good enough job themselves of "suggesting" environments.

I personally like to do my L#3 program, which goes for 30 minutes, remove the goggles, then Phase. You will find you are already in a very relaxed state, so turning inward becomes that much easier!

Read through this entire thread, do the research beforehand. If you have the money, it is a great investment and for not only you, but others around you as well!  :wink:

I have owned mine for going on 2 years now and enjoy it every time I use it. My friends do as well!  :-)

I still haven't purchased a memory card either and have written about 10 different programs in Laxedit. So, that extra expense is unnecessary IMO.

2fly4thesky

Thank you for the reply Lionheart. I was kind of indirectly gearing my question towards you anyways. I ended up buying the laxman like an hour after I made that post. Worst case scenario, I feel like the laxman will bring some kind of fun and excitement to the beginning process of phasing, which can be so boring sometimes :-P

It should get here sometime during the week.. I'll be sure to post back with a review once I get to use it.

By the way, do you think you can send me that L#3 program? Thanks

spirited away

Thanks to Lionheart for posting this awesome thread  :-D.  I found this thread and purchase the Laxman a few months ago.  I have to say, this machine is definitely worth every dollar spent. Here is my routine:

sleep for 4 hours in bed, wake up go to lazy boy and recline with Laxman goggle on.  I do not use any sound.  I find it more relaxing and drift away much easier.  The fun usually starts after the session is over.  I lay very still and comfortable with the goggle on even after the session is over.  I find it necessary for me to not move and take off the goggle because once the session starts, I get taken away.  The goggle also help with blocking out light from windows in the morning.  

The images and patterns from the goggle carries on after the session is over.  It would take usually about 5-15 minutes from there for a strong vibration to kick in.  The vibration is so strong it cannot not be ignore.  Phasing is not possible for me yet with the goggle.  Exiting during vibration is what works for now.  Sometimes a pair of hands gently guide me out of the lazy boy as well.  My last three sessions, I went 3/3 OBE. Yay
Boom chika wow wow!

Lionheart

Quote from: spirited away on November 30, 2013, 14:13:55
Thanks to Lionheart for posting this awesome thread  :-D.  I found this thread and purchase the Laxman a few months ago.  I have to say, this machine is definitely worth each dollar spent. Here is my routine:

sleep for 4 hours in bed, wake up go to lazy boy and recline with Laxman google on.  I do not use any sound.  I find it more relaxing and drift away much easier.  The fun usually starts after the session is over.  I lay very still and comfortable with the google on even after the session is over.  I find it necessary for me to not move and take off the google because once the session starts, I get taken away.  The google also help with blocking out light from windows in the morning. 

The images and patterns from the goggle carries on even after when the session is over.  It would take usually about 5-15 minutes from there for a strong vibration to kick in.  The vibration is so strong it cannot not be ignore.  Phasing is not possible for me yet with the goggle.  Exiting during vibration is what works for now.  Sometimes a pair of hands gently guide me out of the lazy boy as well.  My last three sessions, I went 3/3 OBE. Yay
Your Welcome!  :-)

It makes my day to hear that the Laxman has helped someone. I love it and use it often.

3 out 3, can't get better than 100% success rate!  :wink:

Here's to a long "streak"!  :-)

Lionheart

I was just over at mylaxman.com. MJ (my better half), has been prodding me for Christmas gift ideas, so I figured I would look at some of their new Session downloads. I have never tried any of them in the past. I have wanted to, but didn't want to have to get a separate Memory Card, which I think I would need to download some of their bigger Sessions.

It looks like are listening to their many Users. They now have Sessions like Trance and even have a complete "Album", dedicated to Altered States of Mind. It looks like I just might have to get that Memory Card after all.  You can find them here.  http://www.neurotronics.eu/shop/Sessions:::5:2.html
The Trance and Altered states are on page 2. I didn't know they had this many Sessions. I think they need to keep in touch with their Users more.

I have read that the proper Memory Card is a hard one to find.  :-(

If any of you already have one of these Sessions, I would love to hear your review(s) of it, before I make my final purchase.

Thank You!  :-)

Machine1k

Just wanted to stop by and mention that I just purchase the Laxman after reading this post!

Actually, I think there is some kind of synchronicity involved here, just the other day I was asking my higher-self or guide, whoever would listen haha, that I have already achieved an OBE to some degree and wanted help to smooth out the process a little.  Well I accidentally clicked on this topic and was reading through it and realized I was reading the wrong topic, but it caught my eye after going through a few posts. 

I suppose this is the help I was looking for!

Thanks Lion and Leaves!

Lionheart

Your Welcome Machine!  :-)

I hope you will also write a brief review of what you think of it and how you are using it.

Maybe I could add some helpful tips as well!  :-)

Machine1k

Quote from: Lionheart on December 01, 2013, 12:45:56
..snip..

I have read that the proper Memory Card is a hard one to find.  :-(

..snip..

Do you know what kind of memory card it needs?  I would try places like newegg.com or tigerdirect.com, they are sites dedicated to everything electronics and I have found they have everything ever created that uses a circuit-board.

Unless this is a proprietary memory slot, then the only other place we might be able to buy one is from the makers of the Laxman.

Javier

Hello
The laxman a card type that is hard to find, are called Mini SD Card. Here you can find a list of alternatives, but only to Mini SD adapter using a micro SD card. There are only mini sd, but are much more expensive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=mini+sd+card&N=-1&isNodeId=1

Lionheart

Quote from: Machine1k on December 04, 2013, 08:10:10
Do you know what kind of memory card it needs?  I would try places like newegg.com or tigerdirect.com, they are sites dedicated to everything electronics and I have found they have everything ever created that uses a circuit-board.

Unless this is a proprietary memory slot, then the only other place we might be able to buy one is from the makers of the Laxman.
All I know is they call it a "Mini SD card". I went to the Radio Shack in my mall yesterday and they said I could find them on ebay or amazon. He said it's not a size that stores usually carry.

But, you don't have to have one. I have about 8 sessions that I wrote and rewrite often and have never used a Memory Card yet. I just figured that that Altered States of Mind "album" download might just put me over the limit. It looks like it is done made with a number of single 20 minute sessions. On that website they also give you the option of downloading individual sessions from that Album. I might do that. I want to try their Trance Session as well, to compare it with mine and see if I can get some ideas for creating some other good Sessions with the Lax-edit.

The only thing I don't like about Lax-edit is you can't preview the current session you are creating. You have to make the whole thing, upload it to the Laxman, then you can see/hear it. This means it takes quite a process to come up with a good one. I got lucky on L#3. I made that on my second try, thanks to some valuable info from Leaves that is!  :-D

Speaking of Leaves. Hello my friend. I hope all is well with you and yours and that you are still visiting the Forum. I would love to hear about your current projects. Last time we heard from you, you had just purchased a Float Tank and were trying to use a Light Machine with it. You also had a beautiful new child come into your life, that I am sure is consuming most of your time now!

Machine1k

Ok, I'm back and ready to report after two full days with the Laxman. 

Firstly, this thing is awesome at really really really relaxing your body!  I've not fallen asleep with the device yet, but I definitely feel like I want to after a 20 minutes of the "Lovely [dream]" session; which is weird because you are bombarded with flashing lights (Lights = keeps me awake as a day sleeper).

At first I got nothing special out of anything, but I suppose that has to do with ones expectations of the device, mainly mine as I had no real idea what to really expect even after ready everyone's experiences with the device.  After three full sessions I started to feel the deep relaxation state, something I strive to achieve while meditating.  This seems to take out the meditation and sort of meditates for you.  Which is great, for me, because some days I'm in the zone and other days, I can't even concentrate enough to keep my eyes closed.  Seems to be using this device keeps you in the zone just by using it.

It's only been two days and I have a lot more exploration yet to do, so I have not yet had any OBEs or the like yet.  However, on my last three sessions, I have hit the vibrational state each time!  That in itself is amazing, prior to this I would only hit them once or twice a week.  No OBEs yet, but it would seem to be around the corner based on my mile-stones so far.  As far as seeing images, I've had two so far, vivid ones too.  On my first day after a few sessions I saw smurfs, hundreds of them!  Don't ask my why I saw smurfs but it's what showed up  :|  The second day on my latest session, I saw a blond haired lady for a few seconds.  Oh I do see a lot of seeds and trees of life images though, not sure if that is part of what we are supposed to see by design or not, but I get those images a lot as a background.

I have some questions for those experienced with the Laxman.  Do you guys run more then one session at a sitting?  Like, do you run a relaxation session and then a meditation session or do you just stick with one session and go on?  Like for me I was thinking about using the meditation session and then starting up LionHeart's L3 session, but I wasn't sure that is even needed and just the one session itself is enough.  Also, would running a meditation session over an over for a few hours be of any benefit, like a super meditative state of mind?

There is still lot more to explore and I am satisfied with the purchase!  I am really only a novice in this field and have really only obtained two states of OBEs, one accidentally and one intentional.  That being said, this device will not make you OBE, nor did I think it would, I was only hoping to be able to hit the relaxation point needed to springboard to the next step; looks like this will do that for you without too much effort.

Tanks LionHeart for bringing this to my attention, although my wife isn't too happy with you right now haha!  :lol:

Lionheart

Machine, have you tried my L#3 session yet?

You shouldn't need to do another session after that. That one should put you in a Deep Theta state, ready to launch!  :wink:

I found a 60 minute session to be "overkill". I wrote my Laxman session in 60, 45 and 30 intervals and definitely liked the 30 minute one best. Most of Neurotronic's sessions go for 20-30 minutes as well. Except for Vibrations. That one is "interesting" as well.

Try Underwater and Deep Relax too. Those sessions have some beautiful scenery to be found.

Have your wife try it. I love having people that don't attempt to AP try it. When I question them later I find out that they did indeed have a brief "shift" of their own.

Astralsuzy

Machine that is great.   What you described you can ap.   You just have to do it and it will happen.   That machine sounds exciting.   I wonder how it works.   You open your eyes and observe and when you feel you are very relaxed you know you are close to ap.  You close your eyes and try to ap.  I suppose that is what you do.   I do not know.  Is it hard to use?   Do you just press a button and you get the water scene or is it more complicated?   Just curious.

Lionheart

Quote from: Astralsuzy on December 07, 2013, 16:59:30
Machine that is great.   What you described you can ap.   You just have to do it and it will happen.   That machine sounds exciting.   I wonder how it works.   You open your eyes and observe and when you feel you are very relaxed you know you are close to ap.  You close your eyes and try to ap.  I suppose that is what you do.   I do not know.  Is it hard to use?   Do you just press a button and you get the water scene or is it more complicated?   Just curious.
Suzy, you keep your eyes closed and you see the lights and patterns right through your eyelids. It is very bright, but you have a setting to calm down that brightness as well.

You do have an option with the Laxman to do a eyes open session, but I have never did one before. Eyes closed is good enough for me!  :wink:

A Session like Underwater would have a lot of cool blue tones, like teal, aqua and light blue in it, just like the color of an ocean. You don't see a ocean picture, but the sound of the water tickling and splashing combined with the soft blue colors gives a "mental image/suggestion" of an ocean scene. Many times when I use that Session I feel like I am Snorkeling or Scuba Diving.

Astralsuzy

Thanks Lionheart.   It sounds great.   If you feel like you are snorkeling or scuba diving when you are using the session, you could spiritually be there doing it.

Sixx

I enjoy the under water session usually one I do in the day time, try and time things  with the audio'
the highlands session  is another favorite , imagine   myself walking  through a track in the forest .at my F27 home

I'm having alot of success with the L#3 session, I find it best for me on the most intense brightness ,
i've had some brief phases the longest was about 10 sec where i felt I was merging with these different objects , hard to explain
but I think my physical eyes  are snapping me back. not used to it perhaps. :-D

Lionheart

Quote from: Sixx on December 08, 2013, 03:18:47
I'm having alot of success with the L#3 session, I find it best for me on the most intense brightness ,
i've had some brief phases the longest was about 10 sec where i felt I was merging with these different objects , hard to explain
but I think my physical eyes  are snapping me back. not used to it perhaps. :-D
It sounds like your mind is in "take a peek mode". There's nothing wrong with that. This practice is a fascinating thing, we just need to leave the rational part of our mind behind. That's what makes us come back so quickly. That and a unknown sense of fear that we all need to confront. Kind of a fight or flight thing.

This can be overwhelming or should I say is overwhelming for most people. You are experiencing something extraordinary totally consciously aware, that you have been told shouldn't or isn't happening. But you are living proof that is!  :wink:

We are taught all our lives that the physical is all there is. Now you see that that isn't true. Once again showing you, change your mindset, you change your reality!  :-)

Sixx

thanks Lionheart
I remember the first times a got the vibrations, it was so unknown to me that it freaked me  out, but as it
happened more often i got used to it  now when I get them its  "anh ok here we go" but this always happens in  sleep
never  from a conscious state.

whats a  good practice for leaving the rational part of the mind behind?