Laxman Light and Sound Machine

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionheart

Quote from: Sixx on December 08, 2013, 14:48:59
thanks Lionheart
I remember the first times a got the vibrations, it was so unknown to me that it freaked me  out, but as it
happened more often i got used to it  now when I get them its  "anh ok here we go" but this always happens in  sleep
never  from a conscious state.

whats a  good practice for leaving the rational part of the mind behind?
Two quick answers here. Stop saying/thinking "and ok here we go". I found that for some reason this immediately halts the experience. At least that's what it does for me.

You experience it now and rationalize it later. Just passively observe it now and question it afterwards!  :wink: Example: You are doing a Session and all of a sudden a kite shows up. Watch it, get engrossed in the image and scene, but don't yet question why you are seeing it or if what you are seeing is just your eyes playing tricks on you or some other thing. Enjoy it now, recall and question if later.

A good up to date Journal helps you figure out later "what is and what isn't"!  :-)

Sixx

Sixx

So this morning around 5.30am I decided to do an L#3 session I felt some strong energy sensations half way through.
when the session ended , I started my visual exercises ,
1st at the back door, through the kitchen and rest of house, I repeated this once  more,
I felt a surge of energy and buzzing sounds getting louder not to far into the start of the exercise.
the vibrations came and went  a number of times,
I let go, shut my big mouth, and  just observed ,
now my plan was , when the vibrations  subsided  i would imagine myself at my back door, the  starter area for my exercise.
but it didn't work,
So I ended up just rolling out which was a totally spontaneous thing, went out the door of my bedroom into the living room walked through the wall onto the front lawn then flew round the side, came through another wall back into the living room.
then I saw my cat walking in, I think she saw me too, not sure if she was out or not.
i didn't want to stay out to long as I remember someone saying ,stay out a few minutes then dive back in,make a strong memory think it was Robert Bruce,
Anyways that was my 1st RTZ experience, pretty cool, very  very  happy :-D

Lionheart

Quote from: Sixx on December 09, 2013, 18:50:15
Anyways that was my 1st RTZ experience, pretty cool, very  very  happy :-D
Congratulations Sixx!  :-) I am happy for you as well.

You are learning how to utilize this helpful "tool"!  :wink:

Here's to many more successes!  :-)

JanL.

The last 3 days (during the evening) I went through the whole thread. I can´t stop reading... My laxman arrived yesterday (I´m from Germany, so there were only 2 days between order and get) and I did my first sessions (Underwater, Deep Relaxation, Countryside). Awesome!!! The brightness of the goggles, the color, the sound.....  16 years ago I purchased my first mind machine. The laxman is totally different!

Lion, is it possible to get the L#3? I´m so excited testing it after all what I read here.

Jan

Lionheart

Quote from: JanL. on December 20, 2013, 14:57:54
Lion, is it possible to get the L#3? I´m so excited testing it after all what I read here.
First off, Hello and Welcome to the Astral Pulse!  :-)

The Laxman really is a unique little device.

I shall send a copy of my L#3 Session to you via email right away!  :-)

Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

Indigowings

Hi everyone, I'm new here.
I've found this page while I was looking up information about the Laxman my darling boyfriend bought for us. He purchased it in order to experience AP/OBE and encouraged me to try it out.

I have to apologize for my English skills in advance. English is not my first language.

A little background:
In my late teen years I used to read books on the Silva method(it's called Silva Ultra Mind Systems today) which included AP/OBE and I experienced it, I used to do it regularly as a teenager. Fast forward a few years, and my grown up life began and I forgot about it all. In my thirties all of a sudden I began to experience a spontaneous third eye opening, which made me quite scared, because I felt that I wasn't ready for it. Luckily I got help from a spiritual healer who helped me to temporarily close my third eye and help me block it all out until I'm ready to see again.

This is why I'm a person who tried the Laxman out simply to meditate, not to experience AP/OBE. I wasn't expecting anything else.

My first impression:
I find the look of the Laxman very nice, I like the silver color housing, it's very mirror like. So far I find it easy to use, the user's manual is clear. The googles are comfortable, it stays firmly in place, there is no room for error. They are blocking the outside world out completely. I'm happy for that. Although for the very same reason it leaves the imprint of the googles behind on my face -even if I don't pull the strap to tight-, so I have to make sure I have approx. 30 min/1 hour before I meet anyone, otherwise I look ridiculous. That's the only negative point I encountered so far. I do have very long eye lashes which are sometimes in the picture in the first minute, but after that they don't interfere any longer. I use it sometimes with eyes open and other times with eyes closed.
I find that if I use it with eyes open, the colors are so much more vivid, so much more interesting. Sometimes my eyes close on their own. I'm not forcing them to stay one way or another, I'm just going with the flow.

Indigowings

Now onto my experience with the Laxman:

My first session was beautiful, I did the program called the Beach. It was beautiful, I almost immediately felt lifted out of my body feeling levitating completely weightless. I was very much enjoying all the sound and colors. I wasn't attempting to go anywhere, I was just trying to find out what this machine can do for me, I didn't knew what to expect.

The next session I did was the Lovely. Like it's name said it was truly lovely. The colors, the images I saw, the sound were truly amazing. I again felt within a minute lifted out of my body, weightless, felt like flying above the clouds, saw some weird landscape which is indescribable, with strange surfaces. Really weird, but still very beautiful.

The next one was Activate. By that time I began to see more and more incredible things. Countless mandala's, I even felt being inside some of them. I saw a lot of flower of life shapes and many other known and unknown shapes, wonderful landscapes. I was all passive throughout all this. Just using a Laxman to help with my meditation. I think I was blocked by the fear that I'm might again experience and see more than I can bare. I just let Laxman and my soul take me to wherever it takes me, I had no goal in particular.

After that, I did the program called Vibrate. This was really intense for me. By this time I was used to the instant feeling of leaving my body behind and seeing a glimpse of myself on the bed, then going into the unknown. After seeing myself on the bed from far above, the next second I was sitting on the roof relaxing, gazing into the stars. Next thing I knew I was between the endless number of stars and planets. I just knew, they are all around me. Every time I heard a sound like some airplane engine starting up, it was like a clue. When I heard that sound I found myself at some different place every single time. (I believe that airplane engine sound is in the audio recording.)
First I was floating between the stars, then I was in a place where everything was white: white flowers, white trees, white everything. I saw a white "sphere" (I have no idea how to describe it otherwise) "standing" under a white arch and I was "told" this is a soul. Then I heard that engine buzz again and snap I found myself in an indescribably wonderful space and I had an overwhelming feeling of suddenly everything makes sense. Then snap again, and I moved to another place. At last I found myself standing on a road which seemed to go on very far. I didn't  get the feeling of wanting to walk on it yet. I looked onto my right and to my greatest shock I saw my grandmother sitting on a couch. (She died in '99) I was standing behind her, little to her left, looking over her shoulder. She was knitting. (I never saw her do that while she was alive, but my mother confirmed that she did enjoy knitting while my mother was still a girl) As I was just standing there watching, she never looked at me, but somehow -without talking to me- she made me look at a paper in front of her with some text on it. Unfortunately by that time I was wrestling with serious shock. I never ever thought of meeting my grandmother while using the Laxman. I was telling myself that this is OK, but the shock was so overwhelming that I suddenly fell back into my body and wasn't able to go back to read the text. I could go back to see the mandalas, but that was it.

My next meditation was: Perform.
This time I was less relaxed when I began, but also in this state I was lifted out very quickly , traveling through vortexes, without being somewhere particular and being everywhere at the same time. I wanted to go back to read the paper placed on the table in front of my grandmother, but I couldn't find the way.  I did find the road where I was standing before I saw my grandmother, but in place of her I saw a door, where I wasn't ready to go through yet for some curious reason. I have to note here that when I began this meditation, I made a silly decision to leave the cats in the room with me, because they were sleeping. This was a mistake, because one of them decided to try to get my attention several times while meditating, and that made me come back several times.

I wrote this review to share my first experiences with the Laxman and I hope this will help others who are thinking about purchasing one. It's a great tool to make it easier to meditate and to get into the state of mind where it's easier to experience AP/OBE.
I'm very happy my boyfriend bought it.

One more thing. I also find that this preprogrammed sessions are lifting me out of my body quiet easily and fast, but clearly it also gently pulls me back when the sessions are going to end. I have a feeling every single time (with the sessions I did so far) that I'm carefully grounded before the sound and light stops. Anybody else feels this way?

Astralsuzy

I am glad it is working for you.    It sounds exciting.    I would love to be able to try one and see what it is like.  I know I am not able to do that. I am happy for you.

Indigowings

Quote from: Lionheart on December 20, 2013, 15:02:37
First off, Hello and Welcome to the Astral Pulse!  :-)

The Laxman really is a unique little device.

I shall send a copy of my L#3 Session to you via email right away!  :-)

Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

Hi Lionheart, could you share your L#3 session with me too? It sounds very interesting.

Indigowings

Quote from: Astralsuzy on December 22, 2013, 15:10:06
I am glad it is working for you.    It sounds exciting.    I would love to be able to try one and see what it is like.  I know I am not able to do that. I am happy for you.

Thanks Astralsuzy. I hope one day you too will be able to try it out.

I have to agree with everyone who said it before me, that although it is a great tool, it's not a miracle machine. But for sure it can speed up the process. My boyfriend never had an AP before, and he is still waiting for it to happen. I'm sure he will be able to do it too, but on his side it requires more patience and training. It will help him to get there faster than without it, that I'm sure of.
It's working so well for me, because the whole concept of AP wasn't new to me.

Lionheart

Quote from: Indigowings on December 22, 2013, 15:13:15
Hi Lionheart, could you share your L#3 session with me too? It sounds very interesting.
Definitely, I shall send it to you right away!  :-)

Thank You for sharing!  :-)

That was a fantastic review. You managed to explain the unexplainable very well!  :wink:

The Laxman preprogrammed sessions purposely bring you between states of frequency, but they always return you back to Beta at the end of the session.

You can read in your manual (page 17) how some Sessions target the Theta and Delta states and can be very deep.

http://www.neurotronics.eu/fileadmin/downloads/manual_english/Handbook_Laxman.pdf

My Session does not return you to a awakened (Beta) state. It leaves you deep in the Theta bordering on the Delta, so you may use it as a Launch Pad.

On Christmas day I am going to buy the downloads for Trance and Altered State, via their new downloads. http://www.neurotronics.eu/shop/Sessions:::5:2.html

I am extremely curious to see how deep these will bring me.

This one sounds like it will be interesting. You can hear the free sound sample here.  http://www.neurotronics.eu/shop/Sessions/Shamanic-Ritual::34.html

Indigowings

Quote from: Lionheart on December 23, 2013, 01:36:05
Definitely, I shall send it to you right away!  :-)

Thank You for sharing!  :-)

That was a fantastic review. You managed to explain the unexplainable very well!  :wink:

The Laxman preprogrammed sessions purposely bring you between states of frequency, but they always return you back to Beta at the end of the session.

You can read in your manual (page 17) how some Sessions target the Theta and Delta states and can be very deep.

http://www.neurotronics.eu/fileadmin/downloads/manual_english/Handbook_Laxman.pdf

My Session does not return you to a awakened (Beta) state. It leaves you deep in the Theta bordering on the Delta, so you may use it as a Launch Pad.

On Christmas day I am going to buy the downloads for Trance and Altered State, via their new downloads. http://www.neurotronics.eu/shop/Sessions:::5:2.html

I am extremely curious to see how deep these will bring me.

This one sounds like it will be interesting. You can hear the free sound sample here.  http://www.neurotronics.eu/shop/Sessions/Shamanic-Ritual::34.html

Thanks for the program Lionheart, I can't wait to try it out. I go to vacation on the 28th and there I will have time and privacy enough to do it. From today on our life is getting to busy until then. I'm feeling very excited about it.
Many thanks for the extra tips too.  :-)

Sixx

Well said,

I was thinking about this device when I was away, as curious as I am to try the latest  light and sound machine
I'm gunna put it on hold for abit

think instead I'll get a water distiller and some vegetarian cook books
and hopefully next year is the year  I  will  put my training wheels away :-)

Indigowings

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season! Happy New Year to all of you!

I'm back from our vacation and just as I planned I was able to try Lionheart's L#3 program on the Laxman.
It is amazing, thanks again Lionheart for making it available to me.

I did the session several times and I found it incredible! Pretty much instantly I was flying away to explore different spaces. The very first thing I saw was a door very narrow and I remember thinking: no way will I be able to go through it, nobody could". But the next second I was already on the other side of it. It was amazing. I experienced so many incredible things while doing it, if I tried to describe it all, the forum would need to get a new server...  :-D
I do need to put some music under the program, because the outside noises have pulled my focus back to my body several times. I will download the laxedit program and do it one of this days. I do not have noise canceling headphones yet, but my whole life I have a special relationship with music, so I think music will work much better for me than silence would.

I had many strange experiences, things I've found new and unusual. Not in a bad way, I hasten to add.
I experienced something I would call dual and even triple awareness.
As I was doing the OBE, at the same time I could feel my physical body and be in my and feel my astral/etheric body too. It was strange, but good at the same time.
At one given time while I asked for healing, I could feel my physical body laying on the bed, could feel my astral body levitating above a table where the healing was taking place and I was also watching the healing process being done to me looking at it from the outside, feeling all three positions together at the same time. That was very special.

Unfortunately I'm not yet truly able to execute special tasks on my own while using the Laxman. I mean, I ask before I start that for example I want to go to a place where I can get healing, and I'm then able to get there, but I'm still not able to do anything specific from there. I wasn't yet able to see my guides, even if I can feel they are there. I can't do specifics like Lionheart was describing with the basketball for example. It's all still happening to me in place of me making things happen. I guess it will get better with practice over time...

Lionheart, I saw you had bought a new AVS machine, it sounds very interesting. Maybe in a few months we will buy that too. I'm also very curious about it. I've read your experiment with it and can't wait to hear more. Looking forward to your boarder review after you have tried it long enough.

We are now buying one Laxman for my sister too. She and my mother tried it this Christmas and both of them found it amazing too. They both had OBE with it already respectively after the second and the third times. I do have to insert that both of them, like me, have done the Silva method two decades ago. My mother actively meditates already a very long time, but my sister did not. Now my sister is looking forward to receive her New Year's present to explore the Laxman further.  Neurotronics has truly made something very special...

Tahira

Hi,

though I'm neither using the Laxman- nor the Kasina L&SM, I have some experience with MMs. I have a Proteus and designed a few sessions for it. You can get some quite nice effects from them; they also help quieting the "monkey mind" and keeping you from falling asleep and thus balancing on the border of consciousness and getting some hypnagogic images.
However; I recently wondered about their efficiency regarding AP and LD. AFAIU for AP/LD/OBE one needs to switch to the "minds eye vision". But instead of providing visual sensory deprivation, all MMs are heavily using the physical visual sense; actually overloading it to create all sorts of psychedelic visual effects. So in my understanding physical visual stimulation should be contradictory since it keeps you from tuning into the minds eye. Also; binaural beats might help or not (since noone knows the "right" frequencies). Looking at e.g. the gateway series from monroe himself, it looks more as if his sessions were mainly based on hypnosis (not that this lessens his achivments in any way). Though he was using binaural beats, the actual cause of his success seemed to be the hypnosis and not the BBs.

So MMs are definitely nice tools, but can one really induce a full blown AP/LD/OBE with them ? As far as I'm concerned, I never was able to.

manuel

I have been following this thread on and off for the last year or so, decided to go with the Laxman instead of the Procyon, though getting the funds for it is another story, a question regarding visuals, some people on this thread state that they end up on a beach, a question, just how does this feel to you? what do you really experience? how intense is the experience? I mean do you imagine your self on a beach? or are you full blown on a beach as in being there? and secondly, a few people seem to mention having obes with the laxman, do you still experience the laxman whilst out of body? or are you completely phased out?

Thank you.

neuroasis

Tahir,
I think your point has some validity. But also besides being able to assist one in entering a hypnotic or meditative state, mind machines offer the benefit of repeated state experimentation as well as 'suggestive imagery'. That is stimulating the visual centers to evoke 'after-images' to build upon.

LionHeart's session is particularly well designed for this purpose. It progressively lessens the contrast of the flicker over the session until at the 'working' part of the session you are being presented a field of mostly solid color, ie a Ganzfeld. (google that for research on the topic) Thus now you have a very suitable projection screen.

Also, in session design there would be no reason why you couldn't have the lights dim or turn off entirely during the 'work' segments.

Let's be clear here though.. it is not the mind machine that is doing the work for you. It is just a tool and you have to acquire the other necessary skills. Though as an assistive aid, especially at beginning/intermediate stages or during 'dry' periods, such a machine can be a potent ally.

Best regards,
Scott

Astral-Trea

I would love to have one of these but the price is so high, I can't afford $600. And the prices for these sort of things dont ever seem to come down much. The Nova Dreamer has been around for so many years but it is still about the same price that it has always been :/

Indigowings

Interesting discussion.

Manuel, I've found your question very interesting. Thanks for making me think about the experience.
When I use the Laxman, unlike Lionheart who is expert in doing things purposefully, I suddenly find myself at places during a session. I'm many times aware of my physical body laying where I do my session and at the same time I'm completely aware of the other scene I'm at too. Can even feel a breeze and the warmth of the sun if applies or can feel little chill depending on the scene I'm in, never uncomfortable, though. Other times I'm completely aware only of the new environment I find myself in.
I'm not visualizing being there, I'm there. It feels very real.

Now that you made me think about it, the moment I'm lifted out, I have no awareness of the light show in the googles. I do hear the music or binaurals from afar. They help me build my scene I think. To me the sound also helps in getting away from the noises of the physical world. Maybe some noise canceling headphones could do the same. All in all it feels like I'm leaving the Laxman behind too.

Now that we've tested it, I would also like to to testify to the fastness and friendliness of the customer service at neurotronics.
Unfortunately our googles had a problem, so we e-mailed www.meditationsuk.com, where we originally bought our Laxman from (their customer service is also fast and friendly) who directed us to www.neurotronics.eu the makers of the machines. We explained what the problem was and after mailing them a copy of our invoice, they promptly said they are sending a new one ASAP, no further questions asked. All went very smooth, we are very happy. I was not aware of the long warranty. Although our machine is very new, they would have done the same as long as our machine wasn't older than 2 years.

Lionheart

Quote from: Indigowings on January 15, 2014, 12:39:00
Interesting discussion.

Manuel, I've found your question very interesting. Thanks for making me think about the experience.
When I use the Laxman, unlike Lionheart who is expert in doing things purposefully, I suddenly find myself at places during a session. I'm many times aware of my physical body laying where I do my session and at the same time I'm completely aware of the other scene I'm at too. Can even feel a breeze and the warmth of the sun if applies or can feel little chill depending on the scene I'm in, never uncomfortable, though. Other times I'm completely aware only of the new environment I find myself in.
I'm not visualizing being there, I'm there. It feels very real.

Now that you made me think about it, the moment I'm lifted out, I have no awareness of the light show in the googles. I do hear the music or binaurals from afar. They help me build my scene I think. To me the sound also helps in getting away from the noises of the physical world. Maybe some noise canceling headphones could do the same. All in all it feels like I'm leaving the Laxman behind too.

Now that we've tested it, I would also like to to testify to the fastness and friendliness of the customer service at neurotronics.
Unfortunately our googles had a problem, so we e-mailed www.meditationsuk.com, where we originally bought our Laxman from (their customer service is also fast and friendly) who directed us to www.neurotronics.eu the makers of the machines. We explained what the problem was and after mailing them a copy of our invoice, they promptly said they are sending a new one ASAP, no further questions asked. All went very smooth, we are very happy. I was not aware of the long warranty. Although our machine is very new, they would have done the same as long as our machine wasn't older than 2 years.
Indigo, those ideas like "parting the screen like a curtain, etc." come to me spontaneously, through pure impulse. The same with the Basketball. It's just there, then I toss it. I don't really think long about the action. It's just like when you move your hand, you don't really think a long time about that action before you do it, it becomes a impulsive action. The same comes when I experiment with the lights, take for example, "I am enjoying the lights and wonder what happens if I unplug them. It's not that I have visualized an actual plug in, it's that I know it's there, thus I have the option to unplug it." This impulsive action has come through quite a bit of practice and I am definitely not an "expert" in anything.

I can't tune the lights out yet, so I have to use what they have to offer. If you can, you have great control of your focus. As I said in my last post, I am going to turn my brightness down. My last session left me with 2 days spasms in my optical nerve, so I am going to go much easier the next time. Possibly a toned down brightness will help me to be able to totally tune out the lights period. That would be cool.  8-)

I'm glad Neurotronics has rectified your problem promptly. Good friendly customer service is becoming harder to find these days, especially electronics. We had our TV repaired about 5 months ago. It took over a month to get it back. 

manuel

Thanks Lionheart and Indigowings, that clarified matters for me, looking forward to finally being able to purchase the Laxman though.

Indigowings

Quote from: Lionheart on January 15, 2014, 17:30:58
Indigo, those ideas like "parting the screen like a curtain, etc." come to me spontaneously, through pure impulse. The same with the Basketball. It's just there, then I toss it. I don't really think long about the action. It's just like when you move your hand, you don't really think a long time about that action before you do it, it becomes a impulsive action. The same comes when I experiment with the lights, take for example, "I am enjoying the lights and wonder what happens if I unplug them. It's not that I have visualized an actual plug in, it's that I know it's there, thus I have the option to unplug it." This impulsive action has come through quite a bit of practice and I am definitely not an "expert" in anything.

I can't tune the lights out yet, so I have to use what they have to offer. If you can, you have great control of your focus. As I said in my last post, I am going to turn my brightness down. My last session left me with 2 days spasms in my optical nerve, so I am going to go much easier the next time. Possibly a toned down brightness will help me to be able to totally tune out the lights period. That would be cool.  8-)

I'm glad Neurotronics has rectified your problem promptly. Good friendly customer service is becoming harder to find these days, especially electronics. We had our TV repaired about 5 months ago. It took over a month to get it back. 

Lion, it looks like I can spontaneously leave the lights behind and you can spontaneously play during a session. Now we both have to develop and practice each other's skills. I will be very happy if I learn what you can do.  8-)
As I was thinking about this further, I have to add that I forget about the light show most of the time -like 80% of the cases-, not every time. Sometimes I do have an off day, when I'm not able to switch that far. Also, if I fall back into my body for some reason, then I see it again until I'm able to exit again.
I'm sorry for your eyes, hopefully they are back to normal already. Do you use the Kasina with open eyes then?

Manuel, I can't wait to hear your experience with the Laxman.  8-)

Lionheart

Quote from: Indigowings on January 16, 2014, 16:33:00
I'm sorry for your eyes, hopefully they are back to normal already. Do you use the Kasina with open eyes then?
No, the Kasina is a closed eye unit, I don't even use the Laxman eyes open. But that day I messed up my left eye, I took a muscle relaxer + a Percocet because of intense pain in my shoulder/back. I read afterwards that doing that can magnify my sensitivity to light. I never knew that before. I still am experiencing the muscle spasms, but they are toning down.

I haven't attempted any sessions via the Kasina or the Laxman since. I can feel the temple spasms even when I just close my eyes to go to go to sleep now. I won't go back to my AVS units until this problem is well passed.

I have had this in the past though. When I first learning to AP, I used my physical eyes, instead of my "inner eye". That caused a lot of eye strain. It took a while until I learned to just relax my physical eyes and turn inward. I think this is where many people find their problems with AP in general though.

The last time it occurred it took a couple of weeks before things returned to normal. I'm in no rush though.  :-)

Tahira

Quote from: Lionheart on January 13, 2014, 17:45:41
A AVS unit is only a tool. I use it solely to achieve a NP focus. You are correct that it consumes your physical eyes, but not necessarily your mind. You can be viewing the lights, but also see a completely different scene, via thought =action right through them. Other times you can experience a dual awareness.
You are right with this. I see it as a tool only too, but mainly experienced dual awareness only. But instead of discussing brands, why not going into the (boring ;)) technical details ?

I designed four sessions which differ only in length but use the same approach. I start out with harsh sounds modulated at higher frequencies and programmed a constantly falling modulation, using the same modulation frequency for the LEDs and as binaural beats. The deeper it goes, the more the lights are dimmed and the softer the sound gets, until I reach the deep part of the session where the lights are turned off and only a smooth sine sound with ~4Hz binaural beats is present. Unfortunately the Proteus has only 16 steps for the light modulation, so there is no smooth fade out of the light towards the deep part. Interestingly, although the LEDs are only red/green I can see all colors (even turquoise and yellow) during the induction and wakeup parts. I can see all kinds of abstract imagery in psychedelic colors, even a kind of a tunnelflight, but this is more like watching it on a big 2D-screen and no 3D experience. It's all visual, meaning it's caused by the overloaded visual system. Sometimes I'm getting flashes of dual awareness, but somehow I don't get deep enough to get to F10 by this.

What I am wondering is whether

• the actual binaural beat frequency (or multiple of then) is making a difference or not
  • the frequency of the carrier wave is making a difference (well, of course, 500Hz is annoying and 1000Hz even more so, but does it make a difference if I use 200Hz or 220Hz ?)