News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Learning to relax?

Previous topic - Next topic

astralization

Hi, I'm writing his from my iPod so it will be a little short - I think. Anyways I have a question, does anyone know how I can learn to relax? I'm always so tense and nervous and can't seem to relax myself. Does anyone have Any suggestions such as books I can read or something along those lines? I heard that meditation helps but I don't know where to start when it comes to meditation. I want to train my mind to become relaxed at all time. I heard that subliminal messages that pop up every couple of seconds helps. If anyone can help me relax, it would be greatly appreciated because relaxation is a crucial key for not only astral projection but also other spiritual expierences, thanks.

omcasey

#1  Hot Baths
#2  Body Work (Massage)
#3  Guided 61 Point Yoga Nidra-  here is an audio link you can listen to:  http://www.swamij.com/Sounds/61points24.mp3
#4  Barefoot Walking in the Grass
#5  SkyGazing
#6  Breathing-  every now and again, on purpose take a deeper full breath  (keep it simple)
#7  Sun Baths-  ideal close to sunrise and sunset
#8  Nature Walks-  tree hugging is very fun
#9  Native American Flute Music-  or any other such music

just ideas......

Tiny

Dear astralization,

in my opinion mental relaxation is as important if not more than physical relaxation. It's useful in the initial stages (first 5-20 mins) to focus on letting go completly and put all your worldly issues down for later. It's the mental attitude that decides whether one is mentally relaxed or not.
It is important also to let go of all desires and expections for what's to come next. Many people expect and wait for the vibrations which is a problem. In order to dissociate from the physical body one must cease all activity of the body-mind.

kind regards,

Paul
"He never speaks but he understands thinks higher than a manHes living in The northern lights In winter everlasting He travels around Big drum in his hand And he knows what you have in your mind Theres always wolf within That leads him down And back home"

slipknot0129

Quote from: Tiny on March 28, 2010, 02:10:49
Dear astralization,

in my opinion mental relaxation is as important if not more than physical relaxation. It's useful in the initial stages (first 5-20 mins) to focus on letting go completly and put all your worldly issues down for later. It's the mental attitude that decides whether one is mentally relaxed or not.
It is important also to let go of all desires and expections for what's to come next. Many people expect and wait for the vibrations which is a problem. In order to dissociate from the physical body one must cease all activity of the body-mind.

kind regards,

Paul
Thats my problem, I wait for stuff I expect to happen.

indian

Quote from: astralization on March 27, 2010, 16:32:19
Hi, I'm writing his from my iPod so it will be a little short - I think. Anyways I have a question, does anyone know how I can learn to relax? I'm always so tense and nervous and can't seem to relax
yourself. Does anyone have Any suggestions such as books I can read or something along those lines? I heard that meditation helps but I don't k ow where to start when it comes to meditation. I want to train my mind to become relaxed at all time. I heard that subliminal messages that pop up every couple of seconds helps. If anyone can help me relax, it would be greatly appreciated because relaxation is a crucial key for not only astral projection but also other spiritual experiences, thanks.

The more you will think to relax, the far you will go. So the very first thing is, DO NOT try to relax. The more you will try the more restless you will become.

You will have to go deep into the issue if you are seriously looking for the remedy of your restlessness. Meditation on this stage, will be a forceful act which will make you more restless and sick in future. So do not impose anything on you, just try to understand the root of your problem.

Restlessness comes only when the balance between body and mind is disturbed. Your mind says something else and you try to do something else. For example, in this modern society when our body is tired, we have a cup of coffee and then boost our self to work more. And actually your body wanted to relax, it needs rest but you are not giving it enough time and you almost forgot that your body need some rest. When we DO NOT listen to our body, Restlessness comes.

Try to watch your daily life routine and find out when you feel more restless, make a note of that and then post it here so that we can help you better.

Once you are relaxed in your daily life, you will automatically be relaxed during OBE.

Regards

Stookie

And relaxing should feel good, not a forced thing. When you're relaxed you release an "aaahhhhhhh.....", like from a massage - that's how it should feel. It should be a positive, good-feeling thing. It's healthy for your body and mind.