News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Life as a Game

Previous topic - Next topic

LightBeam

Recently I watched this new movie in theater "Free Guy". The experience is much different what you watch something in the theater screen with all the sound and all. Anyway, this movie is about reality vs a video game. I am not going to spoil it for you if you want to watch it. It is very entertaining and funny. But the reason I am posting here is because while they were showing life in the video game and then jumping into the real life and then back and forth, all of a sudden while the video character was walking on the streets of the video game, I felt like this life here is a video game and I am trapped in it.  I started feeling waves of claustrophobia, almost like I couldn't breathe and I wanted to get out into the larger multiverse. Very strange feeling that I have never felt before. I distinctively "saw" in my mind how tiny and limited this reality is in comparison with the limitless multiverse just outside of this "box". And I also felt that we really are in a game setting here, only not someone else, but we ourselves have created our players and the circumstances, and have chosen to enter the game under certain terms and conditions.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Gizzytaz

I watched that movie yesterday, funny coincidence that I came across your post one day after, especially after a break from this forum.   

My toughts on the movie after I watched it, just like many other movies, were that it has a deeper meaning about how things are going on in this world. Of course you can find deeper meaning in pretty much everything that happens, but this movie has really got me thinking: What if Guy was like a woken man who got sick and tired of living by the rules of the system, having to go to work to pay the bills, starving for free time just so he could rest a bit, but having to do that again the next day...pretty much doing the same thing every day. He couldn't realize how boring it was because that's how he was programmed. Finally, a glitch in the matrix happens and suddenly he realizes that he doesn't have to obey the system, he can do whatever he likes. He jumps out of his own limited beliefs and now he's a free man, deeply enjoying life.

This reality is only limited if you make it to be. I have the same feeling about being in a "game setting", kinda like experiencing the story, playing myself as the characther. Since I realized this, I began taking life less serious and doing what every gamer does: playing the best he can  :-D

LightBeam

Quote from: Gizzytaz on September 29, 2021, 14:07:35

This reality is only limited if you make it to be. I have the same feeling about being in a "game setting", kinda like experiencing the story, playing myself as the characther. Since I realized this, I began taking life less serious and doing what every gamer does: playing the best he can  :-D

Exactly, I also see all life challenges as levels of a game and know that if one fails, game could be over, but we have unlimited lives on the grand scale, so I don't overstress.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

PerspectiveShift

I find these types of movies fascinating!! Like the Matrix, every time I watch it I go into thought circles for the next few weeks.

There's also an Anime series which is along these lines called SwordArt Online which is a virtual reality MMORPG that the main character plugs in to play by putting on a headset that plugs into their brainwaves. The video game developer traps everyone in this game which will kill them if they remove the headset or players can actually die if they die in the video game, so they have to be very careful.

Not quite the same as what your talking about here, but a very fascinating concept of a series. I feel like it's very close to modern reality to be honest. Very interesting.
Be the change you want to see in the world.