News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Low Powered Projections

Previous topic - Next topic

Under_the_Midnight_Sun

Lately I've been experiencing EXTREMELY low powered projections. I can get out of bed, and move around. The only problem is my vision remains in the same position, moving VERY slowly along with where my astral body would be. Now the strange thing is I can feel the carpet under my feet and actually move around the room, but with the original frame of sight right from where i started. It all starts out with astral sight. Looking out from wherever i am the room is clearly seen in the RTZ. I can feel my astral arms moving in front of my vision, but cannot see them. It gets very frustrating, anybody have any ideas on converting the low powered projections into more high powered ones?
Another interesting detail, when i have one low powered projection and return to my body to try again the same thing happens. For instance just this morning i experienced over 15 of these unpleasant experiences. I tried to make energy rush to my astral double from the physical and felt a very powerful energy sensation in the brow chakra, but it didn't seem to raise the energy level. The low-powered projections seem to happen when my physical body is fully completely asleep, and happen more occasionally during afternoon or late morning sessions. Is this the reason, or do you guys think other factors could contribute?
thanks 

Under_the_Midnight_Sun

In case anybody was wondering about this.. i think i may have found the reason for some of the low powered projections. It seems that they usually happen when i force my astral body out. I feel very lethargic, like can barely lift my head up, and move my arms. I don't do any exit techniques except for moving the way i would normally move if I was waking up in the morning (my body has sp so i just move and it's my astral body). If i instead do a technique like the roll out method and visualize my body rolling out, it happens by itself when the time is right. Not entirely sure why it should matter that much.. but maybe it has to do with energy levels and the complete manifesting of the astral double??

Xanth

How grounded and centered were you during this experience?
By that, I mean how free were you of stray thoughts and emotions?

I wonder if the difference between what people consider a "high powered" and a "low powered" experience is but your mental clarity during them?

When people talk about raising or lowering their "frequency"... I believe they mean focusing their mind and controlling their thoughts.  I wonder if something along those lines would help here.

My last astral awareness experience was very much like yours, and I'm also trying to find a way through it.  I had no trouble focusing on things to retain my experience, but I'm unsure how my much control I actually had over my mind at the time.

Under_the_Midnight_Sun

During them I seem to always have full control over my mind, but it's almost as if i don't have a fully formed vehicle to move about in the astral. As for my emotions they probably could have been simmered down a bit, but when you're out and just have the same frame of view moving VERY slowly around your room it gets very frustrated, and sometimes terrifying. It happens for minutes at a time too, which feel like hours!

Quote from: Xanth on February 15, 2011, 14:27:34
I wonder if the difference between what people consider a "high powered" and a "low powered" experience is but your mental clarity during them?
hmm if that's the case then i've been using the term wrong O_o.. I guess it would be called a "weak projection" .. I think some people have referred to them as etheric projections, but not sure on that..

I read your latest experience and to me it sounds like the gentleman you were speaking to was very confused, to say the least haha. I wonder if it was that your mind, being accustomed to the physical,  couldn't really interpret what he was saying.. so it formed into something you recognize. I've had similar experiences where someone said something to me that sounded like COMPLETE gibberish.. when i ask "what?" it always comes out differently to something understandable, but doesn't make sense in the context.

Xanth

Quote from: Under_the_Midnight_Sun on February 15, 2011, 15:00:35
During them I seem to always have full control over my mind, but it's almost as if i don't have a fully formed vehicle to move about in the astral. As for my emotions they probably could have been simmered down a bit, but when you're out and just have the same frame of view moving VERY slowly around your room it gets very frustrated, and sometimes terrifying. It happens for minutes at a time too, which feel like hours!
hmm if that's the case then i've been using the term wrong O_o.. I guess it would be called a "weak projection" .. I think some people have referred to them as etheric projections, but not sure on that..
That could very well be it.  :)
What I'm going to try, if I'm able to remember (LOL), is to do a form of my question-asking that I do to increase my awareness from lucid to astral, but instead of questions, perhaps the hand rubbing thing?  Something to take my awareness from the frustrations and more inwards to control.

QuoteI read your latest experience and to me it sounds like the gentleman you were speaking to was very confused, to say the least haha. I wonder if it was that your mind, being accustomed to the physical,  couldn't really interpret what he was saying.. so it formed into something you recognize. I've had similar experiences where someone said something to me that sounded like COMPLETE gibberish.. when i ask "what?" it always comes out differently to something understandable, but doesn't make sense in the context.
I believe it could actually go even further than that.  I mean, the "house" I was in could have only been presented to me as a house because that's how I would be most comfortable perceiving that location.  If those were other "beings", then they might have been perceiving that area in whatever way would be most comfortable to them.

I totally agree.  :) 

blis

Try closing your eyes and see if you can move freely. If it works then move away from your body till your sight returns.

When I wake up in sp I have to close my eyes to get away from my body. It's all there is to my exit technique.

Under_the_Midnight_Sun

Quote from: Xanth on February 15, 2011, 15:19:35
I believe it could actually go even further than that.  I mean, the "house" I was in could have only been presented to me as a house because that's how I would be most comfortable perceiving that location.  If those were other "beings", then they might have been perceiving that area in whatever way would be most comfortable to them.
very very interesting

Quote from: blis on February 15, 2011, 18:19:23
Try closing your eyes and see if you can move freely. If it works then move away from your body till your sight returns.

When I wake up in sp I have to close my eyes to get away from my body. It's all there is to my exit technique.
thank you for your input blis, i will be sure to try this next time it happens

Xanth

Quote from: Under_the_Midnight_Sun on February 15, 2011, 19:45:34
very very interesting
Oh, I just thought of an excellent example for my point.

If you've ever watched Star Trek Voyager... the episodes where they go into the Q-Continuum, and everything was very "Earth-like".  The Q explained that they were showing the Q-Continuum to the humans in a way that they could perceive it that wouldn't confuse them.

I believe that is the kind of thing that might happen in the non-physical.  It's shown to us in a way that's easiest for us to understand.  Our consciousness might do this by searching through our memories for something that we've experience that matches the situation as closely as possible.  However, perhaps, sometimes... it has to make due with whatever it can find.  LoL

I dunno.. just a thought.  :)

Under_the_Midnight_Sun

Quote from: Xanth on February 15, 2011, 20:10:32
Oh, I just thought of an excellent example for my point.

If you've ever watched Star Trek Voyager... the episodes where they go into the Q-Continuum, and everything was very "Earth-like".  The Q explained that they were showing the Q-Continuum to the humans in a way that they could perceive it that wouldn't confuse them.

I believe that is the kind of thing that might happen in the non-physical.  It's shown to us in a way that's easiest for us to understand.  Our consciousness might do this by searching through our memories for something that we've experience that matches the situation as closely as possible.  However, perhaps, sometimes... it has to make due with whatever it can find.  LoL

I dunno.. just a thought.  :)
I concur with you 100%. It's exactly like the developmental psychologist Piaget's assimilation.. when a young child is taught that a creature with 4 legs is a dog.. they may see a cat and assimilate the new animal into the old schema, mistakenly calling the cat a dog!
For the sake of conversation I'm gonna throw in another idea.. What if (contrary to my beliefs) dreams were NOT obe's, and can happen simultaneously while projecting.. couldn't some of these dream images and plots interfere with our OBE? maybe you were dreaming about a rusty axe??

Rob29

HOLY CRAP :-o  I had this exact same experience beginning this month.  I felt like 200 pound weights were attached all over my body and it took quite a bit of effort to walk and get out of bed.

Under_the_Midnight_Sun

Quote from: Rob29 on February 23, 2011, 23:47:41
HOLY CRAP :-o  I had this exact same experience beginning this month.  I felt like 200 pound weights were attached all over my body and it took quite a bit of effort to walk and get out of bed.
It's awful isn't it. I've been thinking that it's caused because the physical side is too awake. Too much consciousness is on that side, and not on the astral side

CFTraveler

Doing energy work helps with this.  Xanth doesn't believe in it, but I do, for this reason- that it is a physical thing.