News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Some questions I have..

Previous topic - Next topic

skybluechris

Well I kinda posted this in my 'hello' topic but it was moved to the 'introduction' category...

Anyway here they are again:

I reach a stage where I get really relaxed... Almost could drift off to sleep. Then quite quickly I would spring into energy and feel like bursting out (litreally), my heartbeat starts to race and I get excited but try to stay calm. I almost felt like a capsule(pill) coming into light?.

Does everyone reach this stage? Usually what happens is I strain to hard and sometimes even realise im actually pushing myself off with my hands. It's almost like a burst of energy comes in but it's hard to 'keep at it'. (Very similar to an orgasm(sorry for grosing you out haha))..

But this time I tried focusing, rather than usually getting up. By the way I wanted to mention I litreally find myself really sleepy and when this happens I feel almost wide awake and full of energy.

So I focused and tried a few more times to get this 'state' (no not for the rush).

It's almost like my energy was boosted but then onwards it won't reach this stage again.

I've only had a lucid dream maybe once or twice. Well atleast I 'believed' that I knew I was dreaming and choosing my own decisions within it.

Any thoughts?

CFTraveler

Quote from: skybluechris on January 29, 2011, 17:28:55
Well I kinda posted this in my 'hello' topic but it was moved to the 'introduction' category...

Anyway here they are again:

I reach a stage where I get really relaxed... Almost could drift off to sleep. Then quite quickly I would spring into energy and feel like bursting out (litreally), my heartbeat starts to race and I get excited but try to stay calm. I almost felt like a capsule(pill) coming into light?.

Does everyone reach this stage? Usually what happens is I strain to hard and sometimes even realise im actually pushing myself off with my hands. It's almost like a burst of energy comes in but it's hard to 'keep at it'. (Very similar to an orgasm(sorry for grosing you out haha))..
Yes at first, it's what's known as the projection reflex, and your energy body is revving up to get out.  At this point you want to be thinking of using an exit technique or getting close to.

QuoteBut this time I tried focusing, rather than usually getting up. By the way I wanted to mention I litreally find myself really sleepy and when this happens I feel almost wide awake and full of energy.

So I focused and tried a few more times to get this 'state' (no not for the rush).
To focus on what?  If you want to exit you have to try an exit technique.  If you only focus you may have an inner projection, but if you're not ready for that you'll just wake up.

QuoteIt's almost like my energy was boosted but then onwards it won't reach this stage again.

I've only had a lucid dream maybe once or twice. Well atleast I 'believed' that I knew I was dreaming and choosing my own decisions within it.

Any thoughts?
You either knew you were dreaming or you didn't.  There's no 'believing' you thought you were dreaming.  That's like saying you believe you think you feel a headache.  You either feel it or you don't.

Astral316

Hey there. Your description is a bit vague but it sounds like you are getting the vibrations, a common pre-projection experience. To capitalize on them (ie enter a projection) you need to focus on intensifying them. Not everyone experiences vibrations and some even lose this feature of their projections with experience. Since you got the vibes (i'm assuming) you aren't far from having a projection. I suggest meditating a bit every day to strengthen your energy body and you'll be good to go out of body.

Pauli2

It could also be the projected double leaving the body in a mind-split state.
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

skybluechris

Quote from: CFTraveler on January 29, 2011, 19:02:43
Yes at first, it's what's known as the projection reflex, and your energy body is revving up to get out.  At this point you want to be thinking of using an exit technique or getting close to.
To focus on what?  If you want to exit you have to try an exit technique.  If you only focus you may have an inner projection, but if you're not ready for that you'll just wake up.
  You either knew you were dreaming or you didn't.  There's no 'believing' you thought you were dreaming.  That's like saying you believe you think you feel a headache.  You either feel it or you don't.

Focusing on 'getting out'. And yeah I guess your right about the LD.

skybluechris

Well, I often 'strain' myself without noticing it. Like i try to feel myself exiting, and sometime and check and realising im streching my legs/arm. Which is kinda dissopointing haha..

Like for example, often i feel like I'm entering some 'light' but I realise that I'm just opening my eye lids bit by bit ... Trying to hard?

Secondly, I tried it a few times more, before I sleep (i know it a bad time but oh well).., I just relax, relax more, try not to think anything specific, till eventually I feel myself so relaxed and I can either keep my brain on, and just try get more relaxed (which doesn't get me anywhere???)

or I can start entering my normal 'thoughts' like you normally do to get to sleep... Eventually you normally fall asleep like this... Hang on this does happen to everyone right? haha sorry...

=/ feel like a muddled allot of this post...

Basically what I mean, is I can either keep my brain thoughtless and try relaxing more, but I seem to keep myself in this same state.

Or I can start thinking about things, which lead into those 'stupid' thoughts that don't make any sense...

Thank you =)

Xanth

Quote from: skybluechris on February 02, 2011, 15:15:35
Well, I often 'strain' myself without noticing it. Like i try to feel myself exiting, and sometime and check and realising im streching my legs/arm. Which is kinda dissopointing haha..

Like for example, often i feel like I'm entering some 'light' but I realise that I'm just opening my eye lids bit by bit ... Trying to hard?
Each time you do that, you ruin whatever progress you've made.  Simply put, completely ignore your physical body... focus entirely away from it.  Don't check back... ever.  Just accept that it's doing what it needs to do for you to project.  :)

QuoteSecondly, I tried it a few times more, before I sleep (i know it a bad time but oh well).., I just relax, relax more, try not to think anything specific, till eventually I feel myself so relaxed and I can either keep my brain on, and just try get more relaxed (which doesn't get me anywhere???)

or I can start entering my normal 'thoughts' like you normally do to get to sleep... Eventually you normally fall asleep like this... Hang on this does happen to everyone right? haha sorry...

=/ feel like a muddled allot of this post...

Basically what I mean, is I can either keep my brain thoughtless and try relaxing more, but I seem to keep myself in this same state.

Or I can start thinking about things, which lead into those 'stupid' thoughts that don't make any sense...

Thank you =)
This post is so disjointed... thoughts and ideas going each and every direction.
Is this how your practices tend to go?  Is this how your mind races?

If so, that'll be the root of your trouble... slow down a bit.  :)

skybluechris

Ooops... Sorry...

Here's how the process normally unfolds for me:

I go to bed, lie on my back, relax, start clearing my head of thought.

I get really relaxed, but eventually it feels like I reach a point where I can't get any more relaxed unless I try going to sleep, it sort of feels frustrating in a way.

So once I reach that point I usually have 2 choices on what to do.

I can either: Just lay there in darkness, with an empty head trying not to think of anything.

OR

I can start thinking about random things, which usually sends me to get really tired/drowsy so i turn on my side and fall asleep.

---------------------------

I also wanted to know if 'thinking random thinngs' is normal for everyone? It's almost like vocies talking. But it feels very normal, only once or twice did I take notice that I'm 'hearing vocies'...

By random things I mean thing's that don't even make sense sometimes (it's almost like a half dream like state).

It's been a long time to reply... Anyway...

CFTraveler

Quote from: skybluechris on February 17, 2011, 11:15:51
Ooops... Sorry...

Here's how the process normally unfolds for me:

I go to bed, lie on my back, relax, start clearing my head of thought.

I get really relaxed, but eventually it feels like I reach a point where I can't get any more relaxed unless I try going to sleep, it sort of feels frustrating in a way.

So once I reach that point I usually have 2 choices on what to do.

I can either: Just lay there in darkness, with an empty head trying not to think of anything.

OR

I can start thinking about random things, which usually sends me to get really tired/drowsy so i turn on my side and fall asleep.
At this point, instead of those two alternatives, you can do some breathing exercises, color visualizations, or anything that keeps your mind busy instead of the random thoughts, and observe them instead.

---------------------------

QuoteI also wanted to know if 'thinking random thinngs' is normal for everyone? It's almost like vocies talking. But it feels very normal, only once or twice did I take notice that I'm 'hearing vocies'...
It is normal, it's processing, or what people call 'monkey mind' (a term I dislike).  Hearing voices in this state (auditory hypnagogia) is also normal, and indicates you're very close to the state where you can try to exit, if you're trying to OBE.

polejam

from my experience:

i have gotten a few waves of vibrations where i can feel the energy body moving

once you experience the wave of vibration in its fullness it settles down and you seem to enter into an even deeper relaxed state

i think it is just about staying relaxed through all this and when you are deeply enough asleep it will be easy to project out