lucid pictures? like a television (not a dream)

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizelle

Hi again folks - I hope this is the right place to post.

There's one other strange nighttime experience I've been having recently. At times, usually after 3am when I'm relaxed but not too sleepy, the seeing area of my brain seems to switch on. I'll be lying there, and start to feel like I can see with my eyes closed, or something. So I focus on tuning in. After a few seconds there are cloudy lights, then they scroll down and up pops an imaginary rectangular TV screen!

They are still images (not moving pictures), they change pretty rapidly and have no rhyme or reason. Sometimes it's writing, most of which I can't read; sometimes pictures (usually abstract). After a while I'll usually go to sleep.

It's pretty nifty, having this random, vivid slideshow.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is is related in any way to the other states of consciousness like AP? I should point out that they don't happen on the same nights, so far as I can remember.

ether2

their is a TV like screen(s) in the plains/realms could be this
oh yer some people have abilities to watch TV like for 36 minutes being awake in full conscious state

good luck

love all
Don't Forget-Love All, Means To Care 4 all=being more ONE which is the highest of height of consciousnesses in the dimension we live in...love all doesnt mean cuddly cuddly

http://thewayitisether.wordpress.com/

Summerlander

Jilt

I've had movie screens, television sets, radio with subtitles, slide shows, telescopic vision becoming full screen, small international symbols starting small and becoming larger as they rush towards me; a commercial (my background is a commercial producer), and my favorite -- an old-fashioned parchment scroll unfurling with calligraphy and illustrations that become animated. Some of the most valuable messages I've had have come from this state because I don't feel I'm dreaming but that they are messages from my higher self/guides.

Lizelle

Thanks everyone! This is fascinating.

The images are a distinct phenomenon (for me) and started a few years after my astral episodes did. No noises, presence in the room, tugging on the covers etc., - yet, both are altered states and they happen around the same time of the night. One night I just got the feeling (not quite a voice) saying "look hard and you'll see something." Now I can tell when it's likely to be successful, and I think with additional practice it will be useful. So far nothing I see makes any sense, but it's very entertaining.

I found this article on HI:
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1800

I wonder why for 45 years I was just in normal awake or asleep/dreaming consciousness, nothing remotely paranormal. Now I hope to explore astral realms. I'm lucky because many people get terrifying sleep paralysis and only think of making it go away. Mine was only a little scary, sometimes, and I could move if I wanted to. It could be hormones or the environment - interestingly, my daughter started getting them sometimes also. She's a much heavier sleeper, so they are rare for her.

I have a question on dreams, which I'll post in that section.

Nameless

I also think this topic needs another look. So often I see people dismissing hypnogogic imagery and sounds. Look closer, hear more clearly. I have often found amazing insights within these phenomena.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.