News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Magic eye puzzles

Previous topic - Next topic

joneagle_28

I remember listening to a projector on youtube and he said practicing with Magic eye puzzles can strengthen you third eye.  If you become really good at them you can open up your third eye at will.  Now that's interesting, what's your take on that?  I know some people are really good with those pictures but I guess you can still improve your third eye sight as well.

Bedeekin

I have often used a magic eye picture as an analogy to having OOBEs.

When somebody is trying to have an OOBE and they try and try and analyse and fail... they don't realise sometimes that it will happen in a certain way that didn't occur to them.. it will suddenly 'click'. Like a magic eye. My sister tried for years to do them/ She just couldn't. She came to London and I have a Magic eye book in the house. She told me she couldn't do them. I explained how you basically go cross eyed matching the pattern... Like looking at a repetitive wallpaper pattern that merges as your eyes struggle to keep focus.. the principles of 3D.

She did it... as soon as she knew because it was described to her. She thought you looked at it and something would magically stand out.  :-D

Different thing but I stayed totally on topic.

nonbloo

Quote from: Bedeekin on August 31, 2012, 21:23:45
I have often used a magic eye picture as an analogy to having OOBEs.

When somebody is trying to have an OOBE and they try and try and analyse and fail... they don't realise sometimes that it will happen in a certain way that didn't occur to them.. it will suddenly 'click'. Like a magic eye. My sister tried for years to do them/ She just couldn't. She came to London and I have a Magic eye book in the house. She told me she couldn't do them. I explained how you basically go cross eyed matching the pattern... Like looking at a repetitive wallpaper pattern that merges as your eyes struggle to keep focus.. the principles of 3D.

She did it... as soon as she knew because it was described to her. She thought you looked at it and something would magically stand out.  :-D

Different thing but I stayed totally on topic.

I don't understand. Did she have an OOBE trying to match the magic eye puzzle, or is that just an analogy? By did it do you mean she did the puzzle?

joneagle_28

I just happened to download some magic eye puzzles and practiced.  I am now able to see any that I look at but the biggest surprise is I actually lucid dreamed yesterday.  I haven't done that in 2 years!  I did notice that I was able to focus more after decoding all of those magic eye posters.  Now I tried to get back to my body while lucid dreaming but I guess my consciousness didn't have enough energy.  I ended up losing focus and it quickly fell into a dream again.  I will project soon though, I can feel it!

dotster

You know I'm actually glad that you brought this up because I believe this was one of the keys to helping me at first. Around the time that I read Xanth's Phasing Primer (which is awesome, I would definitely recommend the read if you haven't already) I had just gotten a new iPad and I spent a lot of time looking at kind of crazy trippy high def photos and whatnot, but the majority of them were cross-eyed stereo images and magic eye puzzles. I remember laying down one night, after I had been looking at 3D pictures for a long time, speculating internally about phasing/projecting like I normally do before bed and I dozed off and lost most sense of consciousness. Luckily something went bump in the night shortly there after, but only just loud enough to get my attention and something clicked and I found myself in a sleeping body calmly staring at the flat black darkness behind my eyelids, extremely aware and conscious. From this point I think just being so accustomed to finding the "focus" needed to see in 3D from the pictures just kicked in out of habit and a brief second later the flat blackness turned into a kind of black 3D atmosphere that I was in, or maybe part of. I was only able to stay there briefly because of the excitement, but this was a major hurdle for me. Now my technique is to get to the mind-awake body-asleep state and then stare into the darkness and feel for that pivotal point where dimension changes. Sometimes when I'm staring at the blackness I can faintly make out what look to be stars, or little pinpoints of light, very far off, and very dim. I try to see through the darkness to those stars and at some point that switch to 3D occurs and I find myself in Focus 21.

I noticed a correlation, and I believe I included it in one of my posts a long time ago, so it's nice to know that you've heard someone else has as well. I haven't done too much research into it, but I do know that looking at stereograms and stereo pair images (cross-eyed and parallel) are great exercises for increasing right-left brain communication as they require your right and left hemispheres to work together to produce coherence. I have also found what I believe to be the equivalent of this exercise in yoga with shambhavi mudra and agochari mudra, which is gazing at the point between the eyebrows and gazing at the tip of the nose, respectively. So I say don't knock it till you try it!
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. Perhaps some day you'll join us, and the world will live as one.

Bedeekin

Quote from: nonbloo on September 01, 2012, 11:47:29
I don't understand. Did she have an OOBE trying to match the magic eye puzzle, or is that just an analogy? By did it do you mean she did the puzzle?

it's an analogy.

KarmicBeats

Thanks for turning me on to magic eye images.  They are pretty amazing :-)
Karmic Beats provides free binaural, isochronic beats, ASMR, videos for astral projection, lucid dreaming, study & focus, healing and other meditations.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrKlawdek

Fractal art wallpaper at blog:
http://karmicbeats.blogspot

bproulx12

these just pictures?

Links?

PeaceandLove

After I read this I looked it up and after a couple minuttes the picture was there after that no matter what it was I could see it. BOOM it's a penguin! I finally saw the one that was in my grandparents basement that I always wanted to be able to see but couln't these puzzles are fun and amazing. The only problem is that my eye doctor says I have a weak eye and I am not sure if they are bad for my eyes (I already were glasses and can't see without but want to).

KarmicBeats

I can see them but they almost always pop in when they should pop out.  I think it is because most images are wall-eyed and you have to print them on paper for it to work.  Otherwise the image pops in rather than out.
Karmic Beats provides free binaural, isochronic beats, ASMR, videos for astral projection, lucid dreaming, study & focus, healing and other meditations.

Szaxx

Hi,
Focus behind the picture. You need to look at least 6 inches behind it. The image will appear if you dont move your eyes until its clear.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Contenteo

Lol, this puts a while new spin on the term 'Focus Level'  :-D

Cheers,
Contenteo

KarmicBeats

It does not seem to matter what I do the image always pops in:(

Szaxx

Hi
KB,
Look through it, focus on 6 inch behind the image. It will just appear like the end of phasing when you jump into the scene. Its not that much different. Hold your focus on one spot and wait a few seconds.
At present your focus is infront of the image. It inverts the perspective.

KarmicBeats

Quote from: Szaxx on September 29, 2012, 16:05:59
Hi
KB,
Look through it, focus on 6 inch behind the image. It will just appear like the end of phasing when you jump into the scene. Its not that much different. Hold your focus on one spot and wait a few seconds.

Thanks I will keep trying that.  It seems like I have to make my eyes spread apart further than they can when I try :roll:

Bedeekin

That's exactly what you are doing.

rain_88

Ohh man, I had so much trouble in my childhood with these and I've never been able to solve them. But now it took me approx 5 minutes to succed. I so wish I knew you back in the day :D..... I'm sure this will improve my noticing ability :)!
I am sorry, I am so, for the things you don't know
And as for the things you do, I am sorry for those too

Lionheart

Hello Rain, try watching this video in a full screen at least once a day. It is a excellent way to learn "noticing". It teaches you how to passively observe without loosing total focus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxvb9pgkrvI
At first it's kind of hard to watch and stay with the focus target, but as you practice with it, you learn to control your focus much better.
Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

rain_88

Quote from: Lionheart on November 03, 2012, 17:38:37
Hello Rain, try watching this video in a full screen at least once a day. It is a excellent way to learn "noticing". It teaches you how to passively observe without loosing total focus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxvb9pgkrvI
At first it's kind of hard to watch and stay with the focus target, but as you practice with it, you learn to control your focus much better.
Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

Thank you, I will use it!

r
I am sorry, I am so, for the things you don't know
And as for the things you do, I am sorry for those too

Chaki

Quote from: Szaxx on September 29, 2012, 16:05:59
Hi
KB,

All my life I've been able to see the images. I would just cross my eyes and it would appear...inverted. I've always thought that's what everyone else saw.

Then I read your post and focused past the image and instead of being inverted, it pops out! Unbelievable...never knew I was doing it wrong. I can see how being skilled with these images can help a lot with visualization. It takes practice to be able to see the image, then have the image in complete focus, and hold it there without "trying".

THANK YOU

Szaxx