The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 14, 2021, 23:57:35

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe someone can shed some light: A strange phenomenon  (Read 3436 times)
pmusiaowski
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« on: April 23, 2019, 11:45:41 »

Hello! I want to ask about one strange phenomenon that I am experiencing. Maybe someone will be able to shed some light onto it. If I ask in the wrong place of the forum - please, forgive me.

I remember the phenomenon taking place since my childhood, it is like a sudden burst of energy in my head. Thanks to the energy phenomenon, I returned to the subject of astral journeying after a long break and I read a lot of interesting things on Ryan's website.

But while in the past, energy explosions were several single explosions in an hour, for example, recently I woke up two times from sleep straight into this phenomenon, which then turned into a pulsing wave of explosions. Concentrating, I was able to increase the intensity of the phenomenon, but I got scared and turned myself to the other side.

What I can say for sure is that those single outbursts happen from the times of my childhood when I am fully conscious and I have never heard or read about such a thing.

Can someone try to explain what is it or confirm that he is experiencing the same phenomenon?

Best regards,
pmusiaowski
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 11:52:04 by pmusiaowski » Logged
EscapeVelocity
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 13:33:14 »

Welcome to the Pulse!

With some diligence and some digging, I think you may find some helpful information and answers here on this bizarre phenomenon.

Personally, I have only a little experience with what I think you are experiencing; or at least, my understanding of what you are describing.

This sounds like "Exploding Head Syndrome".

Yeah, it's that common that it gets capitalized and hyphenated...lol.

Do a search on this term here and you will pull up many descriptions.

I have experienced this many times, but mostly it seems to be what I refer to as 'hypnogogic noise'...that crappy mixture of hypnogogic sounds and fireworks that occurs in between dream states and on the edge of dreaming/awareness. Sometimes it appears to be more than that, as if it is a series of 'alerts' trying to get my attention to a change in frequency/consciousness.

I will say this: If it is either one of those possibilities, then it is a good sign of your Non-Physical awareness waking up and noticing its surroundings. In your case, if it is that STRONG a symptom, then it may require your individual attention to a particular message that it is offering.

And if this has been happening since your childhood, then I would say it is a much more important experience than you have realized and this is why it is repeating...take it as a wake-up call...take it as you staying at a hotel, calling the front desk and asking for a wake-up call at 5am...and you've been ignoring it the first few tries...so it repeats...

This has happened for me a few times throughout my 50 year life...just sayin'...

It could just be a crappy noisy kind of buzzer wake-up signal; but it could also be something more: If it is much more violent and insistent, then it might be loudly announcing a frequency shift that you can utilize, relax into, focus on, and follow into a Non-Physical (NP) type of experience. That can be a tough thing to do when it comes in so strongly at the start. Maybe you can enter a lucid dream or an etheric projection or maybe something else. The fact that you 'got scared' that one time may just be an indicator of how close you actually were to having a NP experience; so your energy body sensed the oncoming shift and initially rejected it; that's an okay and understandable reaction the first few times; now you have the advantage of being ready for it the next time. Trust in the idea that you are learning this also at an instinctive and subconscious level; because in fact, that's just what it is- we are learning at many and multiple levels, and not all of them we are always aware of.

Do not doubt your abilities here; you are in a process of learning and you do have the skills to move forward; the fact that you are recognizing the significance of this signal is an announcement of that fact. This can often feel like a process of 'two steps forward, one step back'...and it is a careful balance of expectation/frustration/adventure...

And welcome to the Journey! You are a rocketship on the launchpad, roaring to go!

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 13:33:14 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

pmusiaowski
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 14:11:35 »

Hello! Astral Pulse it's a really nice site. I must also say that a lot has changed in terms of understanding the astral travelling over the past 10 years. Like a revolution in this subject. I also understand many things better today than I did in the past at the theoretical level.

From my knowledge and experience, I can say for sure that the phenomenon that I am describing is not the "Exploding Head Phenomenon" because I have also experienced it many times in my life. This is a nasty thing!

The phenomenon I am talking about may be described as a sudden outburst of steam in the head (the sound), it always happens later in the day when I am completely aware. And I think (from experience) it's a bit dependent on the level of my mind relaxation.

My guess is that it may be the sound of a sudden flow of blood. I am curious if anyone else is experiencing this, I think that this phenomenon has a scientific explanation.

Best regards,
pmusiaowski
Phildan1
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 19:26:44 »

Welcome! Many of these experiences seem to be physical but I know this exploding phenomenon well. Well, I didn't explode yet lol. But people are always asking this on other public forums like Quora and I answered them. Just a way of experiencing signposts.

Visit my blog site: http://daily-spirit.com
T-Man
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 00:09:22 »

My guess is that it may be the sound of a sudden flow of blood. I am curious if anyone else is experiencing this, I think that this phenomenon has a scientific explanation.

Best regards,
pmusiaowski

The only thing that comes to mind is Pulsatile Tinnitus.  This is the sound of blood flow in one or both ears.  Not sure if this is exactly what you are describing. 

The Adventure Continues...
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 00:09:22 »

Nameless
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 00:32:55 »

You need to first satisfy yourself as to whether this is something physical you should be concerned about. See a doctor if you haven't already to get a medical opinion. After that you may still find you are interested in the non-physical side of this. After all you are here and this indicates that you must in some respect feel there is more to your experiences than just physical health.

You said in your OP it was like a sudden burst of energy in your head. Let me ask, were there any visuals with this? Also, do you have a sense of 'knowing' when this happens?

"We may be imperfect beings but we are perfect human beings" ...Me
pmusiaowski
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 13:51:35 »

Hello! During the day, the brain goes through various states associated with different brain waves. Now I am almost always able to achieve a hypnagogic state in the morning by listening to 4hz binaural beats and I recognize the difference with the waking state.

One of the symptoms of falling asleep more deeply are so-called "hypnic jerks", i.e. sudden involuntary movements of hands, legs etc. During the day, I also notice that those hypnic jerks sometimes occur when I'm more relaxed but conscious. How does this relate to the phenomenon that I described? I can say for sure that it occurs only when my brain is in a more relaxed state than usual, then I have this sudden outburst of energy like in the back of my head, but it's not like an explosion or something scary or abrupt. More like an outburst of steam or a handful of sand being thrown on a metal plate and its gone.

I suppose that maybe these are sudden neuronal discharges.

The difference with the past is that now I sometimes wake up during the duration of this phenomenon - its intensity is much higher then and it resembles a pulsating wave of energy with sound. It seems to me that when focusing on it, my body is being more paralysed, but it does not occur often enough to allow me to experiment with it.

No, I'm not worried nor worried about my health (I am certainly completely healthy physically and mentally), I'm just interested whether it's a common phenomenon or maybe it's a kind of vibrations in my case.

Best regards,
pmusiaowski
EscapeVelocity
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 07:50:39 »

Computer keeps locking, access being blocked.

Possibly pay attention to chakra energy flow; especially #3. GL

-O. Wilde
pmusiaowski
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 23:43:45 »

EscapeVelocity, what do you mean by: "Computer keeps locking, access being blocked."

And could you please explain what is "#3". As for me, I am not able to convince my mind to believe in the chakras even to an inch degree, that's why I like the phasing approach so much!!

Best regards,
pmusiaowski
EscapeVelocity
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2019, 06:23:59 »

From time to time, especially when trying to reply to a question, my computer will be resistant and/or lock up. Sometimes this is just a 'computer' thing, other times it appears to be something else indicating I should modify or restrict my answer. In this case, it may well have been the latter, indicating that my suggestions may be of no use for you; which it apparently turns out to be.

#3 chakra relates to the Solar Plexus chakra which in turn relates to the idea of self-esteem/Personal Power and balance of energies.

I mentioned that because recently in my own experience, I ran into some similar issues as you MAY BE describing: extraneous noises/sensations, increased hypnic jerking...and in my case- disrupted sleep cycles, insomnia, what I call 'energetic fireworks and noise'...

In my case, an imbalance in my third chakra was indicated, so I thought to mention that to you. If the concept of chakras doesn't work for you then how about 'energy flow'? Your energy seems to be restricted somewhere and it may be showing up as a variety of 'fireworks'.

This could also just be signs of 'change' occurring...re-wiring/re-writing/re-mapping...hopefully it quiets down for you; if not then you should probably continue to investigate the cause.

-O. Wilde
pmusiaowski
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 00:36:48 »

"Strange sounds are reported during this stage. We know that the ear converts sound waves into signals that the brain can interpret through the firing of neurons. The Tensor Timpani muscle in the ear may cause rumbling as it spasmodically vibrates during sleep paralysis, and, the perception of vibrations could be feedback from neuronic activity at this stage.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: