Meditating in Lotus Posture?

Previous topic - Next topic

astralization

I hear that the most default position of meditating is the Lotus Posture, but I hear people say that you should meditate in whatever posture makes you feel comfortable. So could I be meditating in a lying down posture? I need to start practicing my Astral Projection and meditating is a good way of doing that. Thanks! If anyone can offer any tips while meditating, it will be much appreciated. Oh and I know that "just going with the flow" meditation is a good way to Astral Project as prior to Astral Projection people get a tingling sensation and the noticing them usually scares them bringing them back to a normal state. Any more advice would be appreciated  :-)

astralization,

kurtykurt42

The Lotus Posture takes a lot of training to be able to sit like that for extended periods of time. Try sitting in different chairs, or lying on different couches / beds until you find one that you like.

lee46

I agree with kurt, the lotus posture can be pretty uncomfortable to start, I do half lotus (that is what my teacher calls it because most of us are not able to do the whole) at the end of my yoga sesion and I still feel some strings in my muscles, it has gotten better with practice, but when I'm at home I prefer other positions.

kurtykurt42

I meditate with half lotus when I am out hiking. I can usually sit for about 30 minutes before my legs start to fall asleep.  :-D

nickspry

The only problem with meditating while lying down is that you're very likely to fall asleep. I think any position which has the upper body upright is good. What you do with your legs isn't so important as long as you're comfortable.The only other advice I could give you is to start with short periods of meditation (say 10 mins) and build up gradually over time.

Tiny

dear astralization,

my favourite is my beanbag chair roughly in that posture.

It's my favourite because unlike sitting straight there are no muscles tensed to keep me from falling and unlike lying down, my spine isn't stretched out but slightly curved forwards.
So my beanbag chair really provides the highest degree of comfort to me with a few additional bonuses.

peace
"He never speaks but he understands thinks higher than a manHes living in The northern lights In winter everlasting He travels around Big drum in his hand And he knows what you have in your mind Theres always wolf within That leads him down And back home"

kurtykurt42

That looks pretty comfortable I guess. Here's what I have been using lately:

lee46

Do you place that crystal on you when you meditate? That's a pretty nice one, what kind of crystal is it?

kurtykurt42

It's a 5" calcite sphere, I sit with this device between my legs while I meditate. This crystal is 4" in diameter but is the same type as the other one.

I call it a 'Diamagnetic Field Generator'. It uses powerful permanent neodymium magnets and bismuth (diamagnetic) to create a strong field of positive/negative energy that extends the field of the crystal. I use a function generator at about 1.8 MHz to power the device.

lee46

that's a pretty cool system you've built up!

that sphere caught my entire attention when I looked at the picture, that's why I asked, I've always felt really attracted by crystals, hope to find one of those some of these days :-D

kurtykurt42

Haha thanks, it seems to work pretty well for me.  :-D

I love crystals too, I have quite a few as you can tell from the picture.  :lol:

astralization

Wow, that crystal is really cool, I too am interested in crystals and sure would love to find the right one for me. Thankyou everyone for all the advice, I like the beanbag chair idea, however I don't have one yet but will sure add it on my list of items. In the meantime I am probably going to try lying on my back without trying to fall asleep, keeping my mind awake and body asleep.

astralization,

Tiny

Dear kurtykurt42,

that tempts me to mention the glass crystal ball I bought for concentration aid in remote viewing  :-).
I wouldn't spend a lot on esoteric stuff myself but it was only 9 € so i gave it a shot.

peace
"He never speaks but he understands thinks higher than a manHes living in The northern lights In winter everlasting He travels around Big drum in his hand And he knows what you have in your mind Theres always wolf within That leads him down And back home"

kurtykurt42

I would recommend calcite and be sure to buy it on ebay!  :-D

Tiny

kurtykurt42

Huh?

The purpose of the thread is to learn about the Lotus Posture and to see what makes it so powerful. It is very powerful but you must be a master to perfect it.

The crystal spheres are used to power your chakras. To raise your energy to the next level [4th denisty].

Then you will ascend.

Tiny

Quote from: astralization on February 20, 2010, 21:28:25
Wow, that crystal is really cool, I too am interested in crystals and sure would love to find the right one for me. Thankyou everyone for all the advice, I like the beanbag chair idea, however I don't have one yet but will sure add it on my list of items. In the meantime I am probably going to try lying on my back without trying to fall asleep, keeping my mind awake and body asleep.

astralization,

Dear astralization,

I don't know if you feel the same way as everyone's spine is different,

but yesterday when meditating straight on my back, I figured that it becomes much more comfortable when I put a pillow under my legs at about the position shown in this picture.

In fact I highly recommend it.

peace

astralization

Wow! I never thought of that, I really need to try that! I need to work on getting my awareness in my Astral Body as I have to get the idea that I am more than my physical body in my subconscious. I will try that Tiny, thanks!

astralization,