News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Methods for trance

Previous topic - Next topic

thesmokingpants

What is the most effective technique for entering a trance state? What is the difference between mediatation and trance? What are different things trance can be used for?

Jeff_Mash

To me, meditation is about controlling your thoughts.  Not necessarilly blanking your mind, because that is impossible to do, but meditating in order to control your internal dialog and become more familiar with your own inner voice.  Why?  Because the more you become familiar with your own thoughts, the easier it will be to recognize thoughts coming from others, like your guides.

Trance, on the other hand, is bringing yourself into an altered state of consciousness whereby another spirit being can more directly communicate with and through you.  Usually, the medium in a trance will have no memory of what was said because their consciousness is set aside to allow a higher entity to speak through them.

People who meditate, however, do not take a step into the background.  They remember what happened during the meditation (unless of course, they fall asleep!).
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

daemox

for me personally the trance state is very relaxing and to m is almost a "high" in itself.....it helps me with anxiety, fear, depression etc. good for clearing your mind, calming down (for whatever reasons) and geting rid of negative thoughts and energies (although i don't really think of fear as an energy i guess some do)
Jesus Is Lord!

-E-

so, wot would u guys say is the most effective way to enter the trance state?

Kriztenzen

What works best for me, is one of the most simple techniques. Simply light a single candle, relax your body completely, and focus on the flame.

Keep doing that, until the flame is the only visible thing in the room you're in.

Sometimes, at least for me, it can be a bit confusing, because your astral sight (or whatever you want to call it) can activate and you'll think your eyes are still open.
The mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art, and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed.

an3mptyb0tt13

If i'm trying to sleep and i focus on a single light, the rest of the room becomes pitch black. I guess that's sorta like getting to that trance state type thing.

IndigoRains

There is a great little technique I sometimes use to lower my self to mind awake/body asleep.  This you can practice as many times during the day - and even better, one that actually is effective at night.

Get comfy and relax.  Close your eyes.  Now, every 5 seconds or so open them quickly, only long enough to focus on something then close them.  It's like blinking in reverse.  Your mind doesn't have time to wander but the bizarre thing is you can tumble into trance, and your body relaxes at an incredible rate.  Before long, your eyes are heavy and it's almost a struggle to open them.  You are completely unaware of how deep you are going until you stop opening them (you stop opening them when you feel you could fall asleep).  When you do stop, you feel you are falling into an abyss - it's easy to hold, you are fully alert and it doesn't take forever.  It's a really good starting point for practice and projection.

IndigoRains

wonderboy

fascinating IR after 15 years of playing this game you run across something completely new. . . I like it, will try it tonight rather than my normal routine maybe I will even post my results. . for some new folks.
wonderboy

ParanoidAndroid

IndigoRains - I am going to try that technique tonight. Thanks for posting!
I know dreams are important. I always wonder how I can use them to help myself.

wonderboy

I had some good success using the method Indigo rains provided particularly early on . . . had a great session going till the fan in my room broke and well....it scared me :) after that I went to bed.

Used it a little bit this afternoon as the precursor for a short projection as well.

later,
wonderboy

Namra

I gotta try that.

I still have not had any success into projection.  However, I'm going but a MP3 player and use it at night with a Mind Power Studio Track that I created.

Unless, of course this reverse blinking technique works.
The Past, The Present, The Future, The Frunde

Alaskans

The blink technique works really fast for trance state :shock:.  However, I think I still prefer zen with my eyes closed, it seems more in line with OBEs (and what if you got in the habit of blinking during obe? :eek: ). It means I dont have any focus point, so thoughts are like wolves trying to break out, especially my internal stereo system. The damn thing plays non-stop except when I count. I use the count breath thing to clear my thoughts (count to 10s and put all your focus on the numbers, I visualize the numbers covering my thoughts.)
Every single person is an enigma of wonder waiting patiently to be realized.

Scoff if you want; soon we will be leading the race to new heights and you will wish you had followed us in our search for truth.

falsetigerlimbs

Quote from: wonderboyI had some good success using the method Indigo rains provided particularly early on . . . had a great session going till the fan in my room broke and well....it scared me :) after that I went to bed.

Used it a little bit this afternoon as the precursor for a short projection as well.

later,
wonderboy

What if the fan broke because of your trance? Could that happen? You accidentally unleash some kind of energy? Lol

Alaskans

I had something like that happen to me. I had a milky quartz crystal over my 3rd eye, I was doing something to try to induce trance. I got this stinging pain there and took off the crystal, right after I hear a bunch of metal banging/falling, I go check it out and my sister said all the pots and bowls in the pantry fell on the floor (the shelves were fine). We don't get earthquakes here, but I havent tried it again, im really not interested in PK. Maybe I'll hang something over my bed and do a minor test (hopefully minus the pain  :roll: ).

Coincidences have known to happen though... (this morning I had 4 really remote ones in a row, freaked me out.)
Every single person is an enigma of wonder waiting patiently to be realized.

Scoff if you want; soon we will be leading the race to new heights and you will wish you had followed us in our search for truth.

Stillwater

I am amazed that I never heard of this if it is so effective. Did you learn it someplace, Indigo, or just come up with it?
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Doch

I tried the blinking method last night when I went to bed. Upon opening my eyes after about 3 minutes a saw a big flash of light in the room, but it only lasted for a few seconds. I think there were some very mild vibrations coming on after after about five minutes also, but I soon fell asleep.

Stillwater

Yeah, I too fell aspleep FAR faster than I normally would, pretty much without realizing it.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

jub jub

Quote from: IndigoRains on May 29, 2006, 05:44:35
There is a great little technique I sometimes use to lower my self to mind awake/body asleep.  This you can practice as many times during the day - and even better, one that actually is effective at night.

Get comfy and relax.  Close your eyes.  Now, every 5 seconds or so open them quickly, only long enough to focus on something then close them.  It's like blinking in reverse.  Your mind doesn't have time to wander but the bizarre thing is you can tumble into trance, and your body relaxes at an incredible rate.  Before long, your eyes are heavy and it's almost a struggle to open them.  You are completely unaware of how deep you are going until you stop opening them (you stop opening them when you feel you could fall asleep).  When you do stop, you feel you are falling into an abyss - it's easy to hold, you are fully alert and it doesn't take forever.  It's a really good starting point for practice and projection.

IndigoRains

I'm going to try this as well! Thanks for posting.
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

Lucid_Learner

Im guna have to give this a try =)

I normally attempt to enter the trance state in total darkness, but do you need some sort of dim light for this?

'Presence is the key to freedom, so you can only be free now' - Eckhart Tolle "Practising the power of now"

crossfire

Quote from: IndigoRains on May 29, 2006, 05:44:35
There is a great little technique I sometimes use to lower my self to mind awake/body asleep.  This you can practice as many times during the day - and even better, one that actually is effective at night.

Get comfy and relax.  Close your eyes.  Now, every 5 seconds or so open them quickly, only long enough to focus on something then close them.  It's like blinking in reverse.  Your mind doesn't have time to wander but the bizarre thing is you can tumble into trance, and your body relaxes at an incredible rate.  Before long, your eyes are heavy and it's almost a struggle to open them.  You are completely unaware of how deep you are going until you stop opening them (you stop opening them when you feel you could fall asleep).  When you do stop, you feel you are falling into an abyss - it's easy to hold, you are fully alert and it doesn't take forever.  It's a really good starting point for practice and projection.

IndigoRains

Hi this is my first post on this forum, but i just wanted to say that this is also the method that i have been using to induce a trance like state. I've never seen anyone else do this anywhere until now. i find that if you do this exercise it will help you reach the mind awake/ body asleep state extremely quick. i also repeat affirmations in my mind such as Im going to have a fully consious projection and what normally happens is i will fall asleep and then wake up an hour or two later and feel the vibrations surging throughout my body, then from there just project however you feel is easiest.  :wink: its an extremely reliable technique and i would recomend everyone try this atleast one.

upstream

I also use something similar. I used to practice trakata before sleep (staring at things without blinking) until my head drops and I start to hallucinate. I often do the same before attempting an OBE but while laying. It helps to gain some focus and make affirmations without accidentally falling into sleep.

Suggestions that are separated by silence have a lot more power. I time periods on the clock which I stare on. This will make me sleepy in no time. If not I start to rythmically open and close my eyes in synch with my breaths. I would also move my eyeballs slowly up and down as if I were at the verge of sleep.

Lucid_Learner

I know I prolly sound like a noob here but can staring at stuff without blinking do your eyes any damage?  :?

'Presence is the key to freedom, so you can only be free now' - Eckhart Tolle "Practising the power of now"

upstream

No, it will actually improve your eye sight. Just like staring into the sun, no kidding. But to safely practice sungazing you should read around first.

Your eyes are not wide open during trakata and won't dry up. The process of learning to reduce the eyes' natural fickering will improve physical eye mechanisms and coordination.

The real benefit is that stillness of eyes induces stillness of mind. Trakata will eventually bring you down to the level of hypnagogia. It increases REM pressure and probably boosts serotonin level too.

You may want to try an LD-specific trakata like zhine, or staring into your own eyes in a mirror. This will introduce your face into hypnagogia and might render you lucid automatically.

Concentrate on the entire field of your vision while keeping your eyes motionless to assist to stop thinking altogether.