News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Methods to achieve AT?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeronimmo

Hi!

I've been trying to do AT, but i'm not succeding. I think it may be because i don't have a particular method.

I've had the "vibration" a couple of times, i've experimented the hipnagogic state, and i started two times an "OBE" but i couldn't continue.

I don't have a lot of time to practice, but i'd like to try and practice every day. Im thinking about waking me at 4AM/try the astral travel/sleep again

I've been trying the "monroe technique". What i do is this

1)Progressive relax
2)Focus 10 state or something similar

and here i can't have the vibration, they doesn't appear. Sometimes i fall asleep and then appear, but is a strange thing. I'd like to overcome this problem. Maybe i should do another "techinque" or try another form of reaching the OBE. I've read something about the "robe technique" but the vibration is necesary, am i right?

Thank you!

Greetings.

soarin12

The vibrations are not necessary.  They often do present themselves when you are a beginner at AP.  People who have more experience don't tend to experience them as much.  But there are no rules in any of this.  Some people may never experience them.  Some may always. 

If you experience just a hint of them, you may use your mind to increase them.  Just imagine them spreading through out your body and increasing in power.  When they feel like they are at full power, go ahead and separate from your body.

If you don't feel any, no worries.  Chances are you'll feel some kind of exit sign.  Almost always (unless I'm doing a visualization technique which tends not to have exit signs) my visual field changes to a kind of grainy dynamic movement and there's just a feeling of being 'on your way' somewhere.  When I first started there was a loud whooshing sound along with it.  But that isn't present anymore for me. 

When you get to the point of getting a distinct feeling you're in another room or place (you either see another place, hear a conversation taking place, or you just 'know' it) you can separate.

I recommend phasing after 6hrs. of sleep.  So if you go to bed at 10, phase at 4 am.  It's pretty easy to keep your mind awake with 6 hrs. of sleep behind you.  Your body will know it still needs more sleep, though, so MABA (mind awake body asleep) should be readily achievable. 

Good luck!  :-)

Jeronimmo

Quote from: soarin12 on January 07, 2015, 17:33:40
The vibrations are not necessary.  They often do present themselves when you are a beginner at AP.  People who have more experience don't tend to experience them as much.  But there are no rules in any of this.  Some people may never experience them.  Some may always. 

If you experience just a hint of them, you may use your mind to increase them.  Just imagine them spreading through out your body and increasing in power.  When they feel like they are at full power, go ahead and separate from your body.

If you don't feel any, no worries.  Chances are you'll feel some kind of exit sign.  Almost always (unless I'm doing a visualization technique which tends not to have exit signs) my visual field changes to a kind of grainy dynamic movement and there's just a feeling of being 'on your way' somewhere.  When I first started there was a loud whooshing sound along with it.  But that isn't present anymore for me. 

When you get to the point of getting a distinct feeling you're in another room or place (you either see another place, hear a conversation taking place, or you just 'know' it) you can separate.

I recommend phasing after 6hrs. of sleep.  So if you go to bed at 10, phase at 4 am.  It's pretty easy to keep your mind awake with 6 hrs. of sleep behind you.  Your body will know it still needs more sleep, though, so MABA (mind awake body asleep) should be readily achievable. 

Good luck!  :-)

Thank you for the reply! Yeah, i had one OBE (or the beggining, because i woke up very quickly without vibration, and then after the OBE the vibrattion appeared)
What is phasing? It's when i practice F10 and that sort of things isn't it?

Today i woke up at 5. 6 hours of sleep. I did f10, i relaxed my body but i couldnt enter into the "trance" of the f10. i think the binaurals were too low. I was very awake, but after the focus 10 i couldn't sleep more. Im very tired now  :-D.

Do you recommend one technique like the robe technique or should i continue practising the focus exercises and nothing more?

Greetings.

soarin12

Phasing is when you have an OBE from a conscious state.  You never loose consciousness.  You go directly from 'here' to 'there'.  Your focus exercises are preparing you for that.  I personally don't think about different focus levels.  I just lie down and practice going into the trance that will take me into the non-physical realms.  I do this by focusing softly (this is called the 'noticing' technique) on the little spots of light or color moving behind my closed eyelids.  Sometimes I also use a manta to keep the thoughts away.  You'll feel the trance deepening, and when it is very deep and you no longer have awareness of your physical body or have very little awareness of your physical body, you can do the rope technique if you like.  I prefer the roll out technique or just stand up and go.  Climbing a rope was always very difficult for me in phys. ed. class, so I already have a sort of mental prejudice against it. lol   You want to go with something that seems easy to you -nothing you're going to have a mental block against.   :)

Jeronimmo

Quote from: soarin12 on January 09, 2015, 21:34:12
Phasing is when you have an OBE from a conscious state.  You never loose consciousness.  You go directly from 'here' to 'there'.  Your focus exercises are preparing you for that.  I personally don't think about different focus levels.  I just lie down and practice going into the trance that will take me into the non-physical realms.  I do this by focusing softly (this is called the 'noticing' technique) on the little spots of light or color moving behind my closed eyelids.  Sometimes I also use a manta to keep the thoughts away.  You'll feel the trance deepening, and when it is very deep and you no longer have awareness of your physical body or have very little awareness of your physical body, you can do the rope technique if you like.  I prefer the roll out technique or just stand up and go.  Climbing a rope was always very difficult for me in phys. ed. class, so I already have a sort of mental prejudice against it. lol   You want to go with something that seems easy to you -nothing you're going to have a mental block against.   :)

Thanks for the meaning of phasing.
Ok, sometimes i can go to the trance, don't feel the body, but when i try to move my energy/astral body/etc i move my physical body.
I've read about the patterns of light in the monroe books, but i've never seen it. The only way that i know to enter into the trance is relax and more relax, then sometimes i feel that im falling or flying and after that i feel very strange, or i don't feel the body.
Ok then what you do is enter into the trance, and then, when you are in the deep trance, you use a "escape" tecnique. Like the rope technique, or the roll out. Or feeling that you fly, etc. I've read about visualiztion techniques but they seem very complicated to me.
Don't know why, but when i started it was very easy to me to arrive to the "flying sensation" but i was very scared and couldn't continue. Now that i wanna continue, it's not easy to arrive to that sensation.
Funny thing: I tried a few times the roll out and i crash to the floor

Greetings!

Jesse Smith

Quote from: soarin12 on January 07, 2015, 17:33:40When [vibrations] feel like they are at full power, go ahead and separate from your body.

Are you supposed to try to separate from your body while the vibrations are going, or when they end? According to Lucidology, if you separate from your body while vibrations are going, if you're even lucky to get out, you'll end up with little energy and not be able to do much. My first time getting good vibrations, I thought it was time to come out, so I tried, and I totally ended it. I have yet to make it out. I just discovered this two weeks ago.

Xanth

Actually, you're to ignore the vibrations entirely.  Acknowledge them... say thank you to them for showing their head... but then just allow the experience to go and continue doing whatever it was you were doing in the first place which caused them to appear.  The vibrations are what I call a "signpost experience"... it's a sign post that reads, "Keep doing what you're doing, because you're doing it right".  They're nothing you're meant to dwell on as that will only scuttle your potential experience.

So just quietly acknowledge them to yourself... then continue on doing whatever method/technique you were doing before.  Keep pressing yourself deeper and deeper.

It's a myth that vibrations are required in order to project.  You don't ever have to experience vibrations.

soarin12

Quote from: Jeronimmo on January 09, 2015, 22:39:23
Ok, sometimes i can go to the trance, don't feel the body, but when i try to move my energy/astral body/etc i move my physical body.
I've read about the patterns of light in the monroe books, but i've never seen it. The only way that i know to enter into the trance is relax and more relax, then sometimes i feel that im falling or flying and after that i feel very strange, or i don't feel the body.
Ok then what you do is enter into the trance, and then, when you are in the deep trance, you use a "escape" tecnique. Like the rope technique, or the roll out. Or feeling that you fly, etc. I've read about visualiztion techniques but they seem very complicated to me.
Don't know why, but when i started it was very easy to me to arrive to the "flying sensation" but i was very scared and couldn't continue. Now that i wanna continue, it's not easy to arrive to that sensation.
Funny thing: I tried a few times the roll out and i crash to the floor

Greetings!

If you try to move your astral body and your physical body moves, your trance isn't deep enough yet.  Keep going deeper, then try again or just stay the course as it deepens and you'll end up 'there' without an escape technique.  (As long as you don't loose your focus)

Don't worry about light patterns -that's just one technique and yours is working just fine for you.

You could kill two birds with one stone (flying sensation and visualization escape technique) by practicing visualization during the day when you're not trying to project.  How about visualizing some objects/furniture etc. in your childhood home.  Gently fly/float above and around these objects while looking at them.  Be creative.  Practice a little every day and you will get good at this quick!

soarin12

Quote from: Jesse Smith on January 14, 2015, 21:06:53
Are you supposed to try to separate from your body while the vibrations are going, or when they end?

I separate while they are going but if that doesn't work for you, just wait 'til your deeper in trance.

Astralsuzy

Quote from: Jeronimmo on January 09, 2015, 22:39:23

Greetings!

When you do not feel your body you can get out of your body.    I walk out or fly out of myself.   You can do an ap technque such as jumping.   Jumping will put you out of your body.   You are doing extremely well.   Keep going.

Jeronimmo

Thank you for your replys!

Today i woke up at 5AM, i did focus 10 and i did it well, i entered to the trance and i didnt have fear.

I went to sleep, looking to the ceiling, and i felt asleep.

I saw something in the wall, and i realise i was standing. after that i started to leave my body (yes is strange, i realized that i was standing, but when i realized that i started to leave the body, but i feeled that)
But i wasn't 100% aware of that, when i started to leave the body i felt shocked, it wasn't fear, but i finished the leaving. This isn't the first time that this happen.

I'll keep trying

Greetings.

Jeronimmo

Again, today i did Focus 10

I started to leave my body , i wasn't 100% aware but i thought this is the time!

I didn't feel vibrations but i felt other strong sensations.

I thought "i want to proyect in my room" but the sensations were very strong and i woke up  :x

I had 3 of this "cuasi OoBES"

I'm a bit scared if this is going to be normal haha

Greetings!

soarin12

Quote from: Jeronimmo on February 07, 2015, 13:34:49

I thought "i want to proyect in my room" but the sensations were very strong and i woke up  :x

Did you think the above ^ while in trance?  If so, don't do that because it will usually knock you right out of it.  State your intention (to project in your room) before you begin the process.  You can also state any intention you want after you are already 'out of body' and have spent some time grounding yourself in the NP reality.

Remember, while in trance you must maintain a soft meditative focus.  'Thinking' speeds your mind up and ruins it.  Use a mantra if you're having trouble slowing down your mind.  Keep practicing and you'll train yourself to ignore the strong sensations as well.  Fear or agitation due to them causes you to loose your focus, too, as I'm sure you well know.  :-)

Jeronimmo

Quote from: soarin12 on February 07, 2015, 16:22:45
Did you think the above ^ while in trance?  If so, don't do that because it will usually knock you right out of it.  State your intention (to project in your room) before you begin the process.  You can also state any intention you want after you are already 'out of body' and have spent some time grounding yourself in the NP reality.

Remember, while in trance you must maintain a soft meditative focus.  'Thinking' speeds your mind up and ruins it.  Use a mantra if you're having trouble slowing down your mind.  Keep practicing and you'll train yourself to ignore the strong sensations as well.  Fear or agitation due to them causes you to loose your focus, too, as I'm sure you well know.  :-)

This was very interessting, i didn't think about that.
Do you recommend any mantra?
Greetings.
PD: Yeah i know that very well  :-D

soarin12

For the mantra, any word that you feel comfortable with will do.  The effectiveness has nothing to do with the words themselves -it's just a focus point.  Some people even make up nonsense words.

Jeronimmo

Ok thank you.

Something that sometimes happens is that im in the focus 10 and then i start thinking about something and after that other thing, and other thing, and then i fall asleep, i think the mantra may be useful.

The good thing if that im reaching to leaving my body, the bad thing is that i can't leave it haha.
I'll keep trying

Greetings.

Xanth

Quote from: Jeronimmo on February 07, 2015, 22:43:28
Something that sometimes happens is that im in the focus 10 and then i start thinking about something and after that other thing, and other thing, and then i fall asleep, i think the mantra may be useful.
You're losing your focus.  Pick something else that can more easily entertain your focus to focus on.

QuoteThe good thing if that im reaching to leaving my body, the bad thing is that i can't leave it haha.
I'll keep trying
Instead of trying to "leave" your body... why not try to consider it as a shifting of your perspective to somewhere else?

Jeronimmo

Quote from: Xanth on February 09, 2015, 03:03:18
You're losing your focus.  Pick something else that can more easily entertain your focus to focus on.
Instead of trying to "leave" your body... why not try to consider it as a shifting of your perspective to somewhere else?

Hi

Thank you for your reply, but because of my bad english it's not easy to me to understand this kind of concepts.

What do you mean with this?

Pick something else that can more easily entertain your focus to focus on.

And what do you mean with this?

why not try to consider it as a shifting of your perspective to somewhere else?

Is that similar to the concept of "phasing" ?

I've read, for example, Robert Monroe's books in english, but because of that, there are a lot of words and concepts that i don't understand at 100%

Greetings.

Xanth

Quote from: Jeronimmo on February 09, 2015, 15:30:00
Hi

Thank you for your reply, but because of my bad english it's not easy to me to understand this kind of concepts.

What do you mean with this?

Pick something else that can more easily entertain your focus to focus on.
Give this a read:
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2015/01/21/design-effective-astral-projection-technique/

Essentially, you need to find a focus which works best for you.

QuoteAnd what do you mean with this?

why not try to consider it as a shifting of your perspective to somewhere else?

Is that similar to the concept of "phasing" ?

I've read, for example, Robert Monroe's books in english, but because of that, there are a lot of words and concepts that i don't understand at 100%

Greetings.
Most people whose first language is English still get this stuff mostly wrong.  :)

Yes, it's a similar concept to "phasing".  :)

Jeronimmo

Quote from: Xanth on February 09, 2015, 21:08:54
Give this a read:
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2015/01/21/design-effective-astral-projection-technique/

Essentially, you need to find a focus which works best for you.
Most people whose first language is English still get this stuff mostly wrong.  :)

Yes, it's a similar concept to "phasing".  :)

Thank you for your answer

Ok, i suppose that a mantra for example is something useful for focus on, for example.

Something that's bothering me is my inner dialog. I think a lot about things, and i think that distracts me. This thing of focussing may help me.

I'll review my definition of phasing.

Gretings.

Jeronimmo

Hi

I'm trying to improve in my monroe exercises, to understand better the concept of phasing. And to improve my chances to enter F12, F21, etc in a awake way.

I'm a bit stuck with the exercise 5 of the wave 1. have someone done this exercise? I dont know if i should continue without succeeding with this one.

Without the binaurals, yesterday i started  but it ended in the vibrations  :-D.

Greetings!