News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Mirror Meathod

Previous topic - Next topic

Hephaestus

Funnily enough when I look to my right whilst in bed there IS a huge mirror. Great start eh! [:D]

MK911

i will try but i think it will end up watching your physical body with your astral body ant that aint nice [B)] [xx(] [:D]

jc84corvette

Hey Omega,

This is a very unique method, I never heard of it before or any hits of it. I will try it sometime this week.

hypnotist

Hey everyone,

That sounds just like Scrying, using a mirror and seeing your dead relatives, and one can go through the mirror and visit the other side.

Thats where they got the Idea for Alice in Wonderland where she goes into the Looking Glass.  She actually AP'd into the Mirror.

So look up Scrying on the internet.

hypnotist (Frank)

LeCosmic

If i'm not mistaken...i believe this is the method of AP taught to initiates of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn...of which Aliester Crowley was once a member....i recall it from a book i was given as a child....interesting method..
" Argue for your limitations...and sure enough...their yours " ......    R.Bach

Murt

I remember a technique, I think is more used in witchcraft. You use a black mirror. The mirror should be circular, and have a frame in the shape of a triangle.
Using a circular piece of glass, from the glass shop, make sure they polish the edges first, and spray paint it black. Then just frame it witha triange frame ! easy. You look into the glass to the black background, giving a shadowy, see through image of yourself, which is similar to the image of etheric and other bodies. The symbloism would be fire and air, which would make sence.
Makes a nice ornament too. Especially if the edges of the mirror, are bevelled.

Spirit_k9

That reminds me a little of a story (repeat, story) I read in one of Castaneda's books. Something he obviously gleaned from the Mexican shaman.

Trance while looking into a mirror submerged in water. What it's supposed to do is create a doorway through which you may 'borrow' an ally, or a spirit to help with something or another. (For gaining knowledge basically)

The danger in that, according to real sorcery is that you may be borrowed as well for other purposes (energetic mostly) and you can get 'stuck' there since you opened the gateway and you are no longer 'there' to keep it open. Once on the 'other' side the gateway closes and viola! You're stuck. Probably as a slave to whatever pulled you through.

I haven't tried this myself, but you go right ahead.....

Lefthandblack

quote:
I remember a technique, I think is more used in witchcraft. You use a black mirror. The mirror should be circular, and have a frame in the shape of a triangle.
Using a circular piece of glass, from the glass shop, make sure they polish the edges first, and spray paint it black. Then just frame it witha triange frame ! easy. You look into the glass to the black background, giving a shadowy, see through image of yourself, which is similar to the image of etheric and other bodies. The symbloism would be fire and air, which would make sence.
Makes a nice ornament too. Especially if the edges of the mirror, are bevelled

http://www.spellsandmagic.com/conjuring.html

I would be careful of black mirrors and triangles. Just something
to think about, if you beleive in such things.

Murt

your right, thanks for the warning.

Shadow20205

WOW, I've never heard this technique before Ill do ti this weekend.[:)]

Murt

I think the black mirror is just a tool, and is not bad, or good in itself, but like any tool, can be used for good or bad.

Here's some info... http://www.homestead.com/crystalforest1/howtoscry.html

There is a excelent book on the subject, by Donald Tyson.
The technique is very old...

http://www.homestead.com/crystalforest1/howtoscry.html

electricdreamer

for Lefthandblack,
that website you posted looked pretty scarey-it said not for children-so I decided not to read it,

Lefthandblack

quote:
Originally posted by electricdreamer

for Lefthandblack,
that website you posted looked pretty scarey-it said not for children-so I decided not to read it,

I beleive that the Authors warning was just in reference to actually attempting to perform any of the rituals described there. However, if
you don't want to read about summoning demons and the like, your instincts may be right. I thought that it had relevance to this thread
in that the ritual described there uses a black mirror placed in the center of the 'triangle of the art' which is basically a symbol in the shape of a triangle insciribed with sacred names of God, etc. The purpouse of this combination and the ritual that goes with it is to summon demons to ask questions, do your bidding or what have you.
I don't practice magic of any kind (I just like to read about it) so I don't know if this is possible, but it struck me that it might be possible that someone using a black mirror and a triangle for astral projection, might end up getting more than they bargained for, so to speak. With all the stories of encounters with 'demons' or 'negative entities' posted here, I just thought that it may be something to consider.

omega

Mirror Method

This method may help you
Here is what you do when you are calm and relaxed lay down on you bed and imagine to your right a big mirror about as big as your body. Imagine how you would look sitting there looking at yourself in the big mirror. The Key to this method is to forget about you physical body and move your consinious into the mirror person. When you inhale imagine and feel your body rising up and when you exhale imagine and feel you body falling. That's the Tek but now lets get back to the Key when you switch you consinious over to the mirror try to look out of the mirror at your physical body just laying there, it might seem hard but with some practice you will get the hang of it.

Try it out and tell me what happens

Also if your having problems with it then keep it in the phisical body and imagine the person in the mirror going up and down on the inahle and exhale but it is a great help if you can switch minds with each other.[:O]
P.s. i dont know if i spelled consinious right??