News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Monroe Vs. Bruce

Previous topic - Next topic

travilanche

In everyone's opinion, who has the better method of AP'ing.  Robert Bruce seems to concentrate on actually getting outside of the body by concentrating consciousness into an astral body and projecting that way.  Where as Monroe's method is about achieving a consciousness phase shift by concentrating your consciousness somewhere else until you phase away from your body. 

I've been working on phasing for a few months now, and haven't achieved a phase shift yet, though I did actually have one AP about a month and a half ago, while I wasn't trying to have one either.  So who has the best method?  Should I continue to try the phase shift as I have been doing?  Or should I try the techniques put forward in Mastering Astral Projection in 90 Days?

What do you guys think?

cosmic.iron

Quote from: travilanche on April 06, 2012, 14:11:25
In everyone's opinion, who has the better method of AP'ing.  Robert Bruce seems to concentrate on actually getting outside of the body by concentrating consciousness into an astral body and projecting that way.  Where as Monroe's method is about achieving a consciousness phase shift by concentrating your consciousness somewhere else until you phase away from your body. 

I've been working on phasing for a few months now, and haven't achieved a phase shift yet, though I did actually have one AP about a month and a half ago, while I wasn't trying to have one either.  So who has the best method?  Should I continue to try the phase shift as I have been doing?  Or should I try the techniques put forward in Mastering Astral Projection in 90 Days?

What do you guys think?
My opinion is that neither of the two is particularly effective.  Monroe's technique is tedious to say the best, very machannial, not taking into account of the subtle conditions which the mind and body are at during different time and situations.  Bruce, on the other hand, make you go through the whole process of training for visualizations, chakras, and so on, which in reality has nothing to do with phasing.  It does have the effect of strengthing your subconscious so you will have a more stable OBE experience, but the amount of effort spent to achieve that is not so worthwhile.  When I tought people how to phase, I led them to discover what's most natural to them.  This way, on average they learn to induce the experience at will, with near 100% success rate, in as little as two months.  Phasing, is a matter of mind/body conditions, and has nothing to do with souls, energies, and etc, IMHO.

todd421757

I would say Monroe's OBE technique in his "Journeys out of the body" book worked well. I had to modify the angle a little bit. He says to mentally reach for the vibrations at an angle. I soon ditched this angle. I found it worked better for me if I mentally reached for the vibrations at a line parallel to my body. The vibrations are located in a energy orb around 4 feet straight above the top of the head (Vehram energy system). That is where I would mentally pull them from. I would also have my eyes gently rolled backwards while mentally pulling for the vibrations to enhance them.

travilanche

Quote from: cosmic.iron on April 06, 2012, 15:00:29
My opinion is that neither of the two is particularly effective.  Monroe's technique is tedious to say the best, very machannial, not taking into account of the subtle conditions which the mind and body are at during different time and situations.  Bruce, on the other hand, make you go through the whole process of training for visualizations, chakras, and so on, which in reality has nothing to do with phasing.  It does have the effect of strengthing your subconscious so you will have a more stable OBE experience, but the amount of effort spent to achieve that is not so worthwhile.  When I tought people how to phase, I led them to discover what's most natural to them.  This way, on average they learn to induce the experience at will, with near 100% success rate, in as little as two months.  Phasing, is a matter of mind/body conditions, and has nothing to do with souls, energies, and etc, IMHO.

So is the phasing technique you use the standard staring into the blackness and concentrating on the images that everyone else talks about?  That's what I currently do, and I feel all kind of gnarly physical sensations, I just haven't broken through to the other side. 

Lionheart

I take Phasing over the "climb out of the body" as the easiest, fastest and most efficient way of getting to the Astral. When I first started to attempt conscious Astral travel, for 2 months I attempted the "climb out of the body" technique. Part of it was due to reading Robert Bruce's books and videos, Dr. Steve G. Jones uses this methodology as well. I would be moving my Astral hand, arms, legs etc., but then that's as far as I got. I could never really get my focus away from my physical body. Then I started reading Xanth's Pdfs and Frank Kepple's posts and found that for me Phasing was the way to success. You just lay back, release your physical focus and bang you are there. I find Phasing doesn't really work that good if you wish to stay here in the RTZ. I very rarely ever stay here, it's so much more adventurous to expand your boundaries.

Xanth

Quote from: Lionheart on April 06, 2012, 16:39:31
You just lay back, release your physical focus and bang you are there.
Dude, that's like the single best "one line" explanation of Phasing I've ever seen.  LoL
Awesome.  :)

travilanche

I am very interested in larger "astral realms".  I do also have quite a bit of interest in exploring the RTZ though.  Is there a good method to be able to do both?  Or do you sort of have to divide between methods to do whichever you want to do at the time.

Lionheart

I'm sure you could do both. I Phase daily and recently in the last 2 months have been projecting nightly from Lucid dreams, so I would say once again it all has to do with intent and focus. I just find the "outer boundaries" much more exhilarating then the inner ones. It's all a matter of personal choice.  :-)

travilanche

Yes, both are quite enticing.  But since I haven't actually experienced the outer realms for myself I guess I have no frame of reference to know how awesome they are.  To me it sounds pretty awesome to explore the Congo, or the Oceans, without fear of getting eaten by monsters.

David Warner

Friends,

I skimmed through this topic and would like to comment on who's better, what method, this or that.

In a nutshell, both are excellent and you really can't compare apples to oranges. Each uses different techniques, flavors and teaches differently. Dig down and learn from both of them because you can use both practices to incorporate into your own methods and experiences.

Remember its not about quantity, or who is better than the other. It's about bringing together this information and sharing it so we can help others.

That is my .2 and hope this helps.

Thank You,

DW
InvisibleLight - Book Release 12.12.2012
www.invisiblelight.us

Xanth

David is most definitely correct.

Don't stunt your education on this subject because you think one person is "better" than the other.

Everyone has a unique perspective on astral projection.  You'll never get a whole picture from a single source.

Contenteo

QuoteYou just lay back, release your physical focus and bang you are there.

Yeah, that was $.

I highly agree with Xanth. I am a student of no one school myself. One school of thought is rigid and can always be broken.

However,
I have a great deal of respect for Monroe. I like his style better. If you are looking for a solid foundation in projecting, understand his teachings will also teach you the history of the subject which is very important as well. I mean, he pretty much founded the discipline. He's the what Einstein was to Quantum mechanics. You will not get that from Bruce.

Cheers,
Contenteo

Chrysocolla

Iv been reading Monroes books (and have almost finished far journeys) and they seem great so far! Iv really been working with the Hemi Sync tapes, and they seem to be doing a decent job... The instruction really helps! I just actually got Bruce's book today and am excited to read it, and maybe get a little extra help. I plan on just taking everything I like from both and doing it that way. Although I will be sticking with the hemi sync tapes for now no matter what.