Morning Non-Physical Experience – September 8, 2011

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanth

This will be my first logged experience in a few months. I've had some lucid/astral awareness experiences over that time, but they were either not meaningful or they were very short (1 – 5 seconds).

Last night, however, I had some meaningful experiences, a couple breakthroughs, and some frustrations.

First, the breakthroughs! Well, I started off before going to bed repeating an affirmation that I was going to become consciously aware during my dreams that night. Along with that, I firmly placed the Intent that it would happen. As it happened, I did have a really nice, long and clear lucid/astral awareness experience which I perceived happened for 15 – 20 minutes.

The second breakthrough was that during this experience I decided to run a simple test revolving around keeping myself in the non-physical. A point came where I began to sense that I was beginning to wake up. I was starting to feel my physical body lying in bed, so what I did was I consciously ignored those signals and focused my attention COMPLETELY within the non-physical environment I was experiencing. It worked perfectly. I was able to further extend my experience doing this.

I eventually did wake up though. I laid in my bed wondering if I should just close my eyes and go back into the experience, but I felt that I should jot down what notes I could quickly so that I could remember this stuff later in the morning. I found a piece of paper and a pen, both of which I normally keep on my bedside stand and wrote down a few keywords. Well, I went back to sleep and woke up in the morning. When I went to look for my notes I had made, and here's the frustrating part, I couldn't find them! Apparently the act of me "waking up" and "writing down my notes" was a FALSE AWAKENING. GAH! LoL

I've forgotten a good chunk of my experience from last night. I think I retained the most important aspects of it though. Thankfully. hehe

http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/2011/09/08/morning-non-physical-experience-september-8-2011/

Astral316

Ahh yes, I've had a few experiences where I had a stable environment enough to easily test ways to hold onto the experience. In a similar fashion, I would focus on the setting with an emphasis on maintaining full awareness on a moment-to-moment basis. In that manner, I could actually experience the "forces" that pull apart consciousness and end an experience... reminded me of a concentrated group of iron balls being ripped apart from each other magnetically. I also tried rubbing my hands together not too long ago and that prolonged my experience as well.

LOL, those false awakenings following AP are a pain. It's so easy to flip off the "Where am I?" switch and assume you're back. I've stood in front of my bedroom window (in the astral) many times questioning whether I'm going to jump out and fly or jump out and die. :|

Xanth

Dude!  It could be my imagination, but I don't think I've seen you around lately.
Nice to see ya back.  ;)

Come to think of it, I don't actually remember shifting OUT of the non-physical.  Usually that's how my experiences end... with a shift through the void first, in which I end up in bed.  I can't remember that happening.  I guess that should tip me off next time.

I'm also hoping that I'm just crazy and tossed the paper on the floor in a strange spot... and tonight I'll find it.  LOL

light487

Great stuff! I haven't been having any luck lately.. but I am not giving up. I've had a few "near misses" but nothing substantial. However last night there is a period of time that is missing to me. I remember rewinding my tape because I got interupted, I remember getting through some of the tape.. and then nothing. I woke up with my glasses still on but my headphones had been taken off and my light turned off (I had the bedside light on).. and I have no recollection of anything in between. As I woke up, it was different to a normal waking.. I woke before my alarm and it was like I was coming up out of a pool of water, where the water was a deeper level of awareness rather than any physical feeling..

Oh well.. glad you are starting to have more experiences, it gives me hope that if I keep practising, I will get there eventually. :)

Astral316

Quote from: Ryan_ on September 08, 2011, 16:38:42
Dude!  It could be my imagination, but I don't think I've seen you around lately.
Nice to see ya back.  ;)

LOL, thanks man... was a bit burnt out from the forums, the advising/theorizing, so I decided to take a break and focus on my meditation practice for a bit.

astraladdict

Glad so see you're not burnt out Ryan  :wink:

~astraladdict
My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...

Lionheart

I had one false awakening when I was young that was so bizarre. I had awaken, sat down ate my cereal breakfast, took a shower and got dressed. I was walking out the door to go to school, all of a sudden I awoke in bed, totally shocked. I had to give my head a shake, pinch my arm, then run like hell because I was late for school, lol. 
Ryan you say that this was the first logged experience in months, how often do you try Phasing Sessions and how often are you successful?

Xanth

Quote from: Lionheart on September 10, 2011, 15:52:00
Ryan you say that this was the first logged experience in months, how often do you try Phasing Sessions and how often are you successful?
I don't get much time to actually practice these days.  Time I do get to practice anything I usually just meditate with no particular goal in mind... so the bulk of my non-physical experience happen spontaneously at night while I sleep or late mornings.

How often am I successful via meditation?  Not often... it's not really something I actively aim for anymore, but I do try on occasion.  I've had a couple in the last several months.
Before this "first logged experience", my last was back in April... spontaneous or otherwise.  Life temporarily took hold of me.  LoL

As I tell people, I'm definitely no expert at this.  I'm learning right along side all of you.  :)

Lionheart

Have you ever tried to find a pathway in the Astral? Tom Campbell always talks about building on your experiences. He talks about always pushing further and further, learning more and more. I wonder if he ever just went to the Astral to enjoy himself. He also talks about having a creative purpose/intent each and everytime you phase. I'm sure this is because he is taking a 100% strict scientific approach to phasing. Some times I just like to go there to fly about the lands and waters or whisk myself into warp drive and travel to other dimensions. When there is something important I need to see/experience my guide (Charlie) always shows up.