News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Time to dust off

Previous topic - Next topic

AlterEgo4045

Well know it's been a helluva long time since I've been on Astral Pulse and although I've learned many things in the time I've been gone yet I havent found out why I cannot seem to Astral Project when I "want" to rather than having "WILDS". I've also tried Phasing as an alternative to becoming tired and that I can do it almost anytime I want and though the process is quite peaceful and relaxing (I'm off painkillers for headaches thanks to it) I do not know when nor how to "shift" my conscious as I do not appear to experience what others have told me nor do I experience what Monroe describes. Anyone that could give me a DETAILED step by step guide will have my eternal gratitude. And if requested I will post what I myself have been doing as to give you more incite to what I may be doing wrong.

Also to the moderating team I feel this does belong here in "Welcome to Astral Consciousness"  rather than "Welcome to Out of Body Experiences" as this involves Phasing aswell as OBE.
One Bad Day. Thats what separates me from the rest of the world. Just One Bad Day...

AlterEgo4045

Though I know you guys are against double posting I don't seem to have the room I need for a simple "Edit". I might aswell tell you the method I've been using for Phasing, I get into comfortable reclined position, close my eyes and "blank out" my mind which would be simple if not for music but alas I do eventually blank that out aswell, I then focus on the center of the "blackness" and after awhile I start to see flickering light and at this point my breathing becomes extremely soft and I "forget" my body exists (not numb) and well thats as far as I get. What should I do...
One Bad Day. Thats what separates me from the rest of the world. Just One Bad Day...

Lionheart

I use creative visualization to jumpstart the process. I first focus on a "Spinning Top", then I watch as it transforms into something completely different. Then I put my intent on my 'Safe Zone", which is a very peaceful beach scene. From there it's off to explore the Astral and accomplish whatever intent I put upon myself for that session.

AlterEgo4045

What exactly do "you" mean by visualise? You see, when I "visualise" I don't "see" it "in" the blackness.

Xanth

Correct, "Visualization" isn't a VISUAL thing:  http://www.astraldynamics.com/home/new-energy-ways/using-new-full-tutorial/73-part-2-no-visualization.html
That link is probably the best description of how to visualize that I've ever read.  It's by Robert Bruce.  It's one of the few things he and I fully agree upon.  LoL

In any case, AlterEgo, welcome back to the forums.  :)

You could try my eBook to begin with if you wish.  It's based a lot around Franks own work: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39504726/Phasing_Primer.pdf

Stookie_

Visualization can definitely be a visual thing, I do it all the time. NEW is tactile awareness. It's just visualization with feeling instead of visuals. Bruce originally developed it for blind people who can't literally visualize. Some people can't picture things in their mind well, and this is a good alternative for those people.

Xanth

I'm actually with Robert on this one.  If you're "SEEING" what you're visualizing... then you're no longer visualizing.  You're doing some kind of minds eye, remote viewing technique.  I'm also not referring to his NEW system... just this one particular aspect of his documentation referring specifically to visualization.

Visualization has nothing to do with seeing things visually.  It's a misnomer that's got people screwed up thinking they can't visualize, when in actuality every single person is a master at it, yet they just don't realize it because of the people who say "well I SEE things when I visualize".

As I said, that's probably the absolute BEST write up on how to visualize that I've ever read.

Lionheart

Ryan, if you close your eyes right now, how long does it take you to create lets say a visual spinning vortex/portal? Now how long does it take you to feel like you entered it? Is this a Mind's Eye thing? If you immerse yourself in the spinning and the feeling that the vortex gives you, you will project in minutes. Isn't projection just changing your focus away from the physical? When I say visualize, that's what I do, I see the vortex spinning in front of me, I can make it any color or size I wish. I let it immerse me, then I await what's on the other side. This has become my new "go to" tech. It takes about 10 minutes to achieve success now. The trick is you have to hold onto the image as long as you can. When you first start 10 seconds is hard to do, but after practicing alot, you get to 1 minute, then 2 minutes, 5 minutes. I do this all the time now. While I am on the computer I will close my eyes and create the vortex, watching TV, same thing, even in the shower. But there I like to create a waterfall raining clean fresh healing water down upon me. The trick to this is to always push it further. I only use the progressive relaxation now when I am in pain or have had a stressful day, which has happened less and less since learning to Phase. My friends and family have noticed an incredible calm in me in the last 3 months. I actually feel happy inside. I spoke to a friend mine recently that I had gave my Dr Steve G Jones 180$ program to. She told me she had lost the link to the program and needed it again so she could download it. I had given her this link about 3 months ago. I find alot of people seem excited to try Phasing, but in the end it's not really their time at the moment. You really have to put 100% into this is if you wish to see favorable results.

AlterEgo4045

Quote from: AlterEgo4045 on September 14, 2011, 05:10:58
when I "visualise" I don't "see" it
I don't think I could have made it any clearer that I don't actually see what I'm visualising either way its not visualising thats my problem rather how are you supposed to focus on the blackness yet focus on visualising at the same time?

And just two questions for you Ryan, would you happen to be under the name Xanther on another website? And is there anyway you could email me a text copy? I still use a PS3 and I can't access pdf files, if so I'l PM you my address (Not the one I signed up with)

Lionheart

With noticing you are focusing on the blackness before your eyelids. After awhile you will start to see maybe a flash of light or a grey cloud etc.. That is when you passively observe the object. The next thing that will happen is the blackness before your eyes will change to a 3 Dimensional darkness. Your perception of reality will also change. You will definitely know this when it happens. There aren't many words or ways to describe this feeling. This is the first way I learned to Phase and it was mostly due to Frank's and Ryan's posts here at this site.
When I was talking about visualization I was talking about another technique, different from noticing. When I start Phasing by visualizing I turn my eyes upwards and use my 3rd Eye to create a vortex, then I let it consume me, from there I am in the Astral. This new technique works much better and faster for me now.
I apologize for the confusion!

AlterEgo4045

Quote from: Lionheart on September 15, 2011, 00:05:40
With noticing you are focusing on the blackness before your eyelids. After awhile you will start to see maybe a flash of light or a grey cloud etc.. That is when you passively observe the object. The next thing that will happen is the blackness before your eyes will change to a 3 Dimensional darkness. Your perception of reality will also change. You will definitely know this when it happens.
I do see "clouds" as you call them and they flicker as I said before though I don't see anything in "3D"

Quote from: Lionheart on September 15, 2011, 00:05:40When I start Phasing by visualizing I turn my eyes upwards and use my 3rd Eye to create a vortex.
While looking upwards whith my eyes closed my eyes get dry (Always has, I don't know why)

Quote from: Lionheart on September 15, 2011, 00:05:40I apologize for the confusion!
No need to apologise xD

Lionheart

Hang in there a bit longer than, you sound like you are almost there. The 3D darkness and perception change are just a bit longer down that road. Don't give up and definitely don't doubt it. Also, if it makes any sense, don't anticipate and expect it, just notice whatever comes next. Sometimes you have the best Astral sessions when you don't anticipate/expect anything to occur. The first time I tried this it took a little over an hour to succeed in hitting the perception change. Once I hit it I immediately was jolted back to the physical because it was so unexpected. The change in perception literally felt like my head was taking off like a rocket. It was so deep. Never had I experienced something so bizarre before as that. It took about 1-2 months of getting to this stage before I actually successfully Phased. Patience pays off in the end!

Xanth

Quote from: Lionheart on September 14, 2011, 16:38:35
Ryan, if you close your eyes right now, how long does it take you to create lets say a visual spinning vortex/portal?
To visualize it?  Immediately.

QuoteNow how long does it take you to feel like you entered it?
You're asking a subjective question now.  :)

When I use a vortex to focus upon, I don't move into it at all.  I just use it as a tool to focus and drive my awareness into the blackness.  Is that what you mean by "entered it"?

QuoteIs this a Mind's Eye thing?
Actually, it's half and half... I visualize it, so I'm not actually SEEING it, but perceiving it.  Although at the same time, I can begin to "see" a whirling vortex within the blackness... ever so faintly.

QuoteIf you immerse yourself in the spinning and the feeling that the vortex gives you, you will project in minutes. Isn't projection just changing your focus away from the physical? When I say visualize, that's what I do, I see the vortex spinning in front of me, I can make it any color or size I wish. I let it immerse me, then I await what's on the other side. This has become my new "go to" tech. It takes about 10 minutes to achieve success now. The trick is you have to hold onto the image as long as you can. When you first start 10 seconds is hard to do, but after practicing alot, you get to 1 minute, then 2 minutes, 5 minutes. I do this all the time now. While I am on the computer I will close my eyes and create the vortex, watching TV, same thing, even in the shower. But there I like to create a waterfall raining clean fresh healing water down upon me. The trick to this is to always push it further.
That's a great exercise too.  :)
I guess you could describe that as something I do as well, I've just never thought of it a long those lines before.  I push my focus into the blackness using the vortex really only as my focal point.  It doesn't really come into play much more than that.  Once I move into Focus 12 and start seeing the visuals, the vortex goes away and I focus entirely on the visuals.

QuoteI only use the progressive relaxation now when I am in pain or have had a stressful day, which has happened less and less since learning to Phase. My friends and family have noticed an incredible calm in me in the last 3 months. I actually feel happy inside. I spoke to a friend mine recently that I had gave my Dr Steve G Jones 180$ program to. She told me she had lost the link to the program and needed it again so she could download it. I had given her this link about 3 months ago. I find alot of people seem excited to try Phasing, but in the end it's not really their time at the moment. You really have to put 100% into this is if you wish to see favorable results.
I think the peacefulness you're experiencing isn't directly related to learning to Phase, but more a growth of your spiritual/consciousness side.  :)

Quote from: Lionheart on September 15, 2011, 00:05:40
The next thing that will happen is the blackness before your eyes will change to a 3 Dimensional darkness.
I was thinking about that the other day, and relating back to how when you stare at something long enough (without the scene you're looking at changing or without you blinking) you'll notice it begin to "fade away".  I'm thinking that once the fading away has completed, that's what the 3D Blackness is.  It's the complete loss of visual stimuli.  I think that's when you can effectively switch your visual input to another reality frame. 

Stookie_

Quote from: Ryan_ on September 14, 2011, 13:07:21
I'm actually with Robert on this one.  If you're "SEEING" what you're visualizing... then you're no longer visualizing.  You're doing some kind of minds eye, remote viewing technique.  I'm also not referring to his NEW system... just this one particular aspect of his documentation referring specifically to visualization.

Visualization has nothing to do with seeing things visually.  It's a misnomer that's got people screwed up thinking they can't visualize, when in actuality every single person is a master at it, yet they just don't realize it because of the people who say "well I SEE things when I visualize".

As I said, that's probably the absolute BEST write up on how to visualize that I've ever read.

That's directly from the NEW tutorial. And it's good stuff, it works. Seeing what you're visualizing is a lot harder, but if you're good at it, you can get very good results. Not everyone is... creative and artistic people probably visualize a lot better than those that don't because they can picture it in their head before it becomes a reality.

When I visualize something, I can picture it very clearly in my mind's eye. I actually see it, although it's more in the background. When I do a rundown, I see what I'm visualizing, and also use Bruce's tactile awareness. When I do the actual phase, what I visualize switches from the background to crystal-clear foreground.

When I first started meditating, I couldn't visualize well at all and I didn't even know it. After practicing visualization techniques and exercises, I realized how much I improved and how unclear and unconcentrated my ability to visualize was before that. I remember setting a timer for 30 minutes and doing nothing during that time but holding an image in my head.

Lionheart

When you learn to visualize you start easy. Try counting from 10 down to 1. Then try it again, but see the numbers. Another easy practice is geometric shapes. Start with a circle, square, triangle etc. Then when you are comfortable making this appear on demand, change the size or color. After this add a simple background. Maybe a blue sky or a cloud. Everytime you keep pushing it more and more, you will see after awhile of focusing on your focal point that it starts to take on a life of it's own. Go with it, watch what it does, is it trying to show you something? After about 10mins of this my friends you are in the Astral.
Robert Bruce's NEW method is phenomenal. I like that he came up with it trying to teach Blind people how to Astral Travel. I like sitting around once in awhile and just practicing while watching TV or here on the computer. It's also amazing how quickly new people to this can receive results. There are a number of times when I have had a pain in the past, I used Robert's method to wrap a bandage around it and the pain went away.
On another note Ryan when I talk of moving into the vortex, I myself see a create a spinning vortex/portal, then I will myself to be inside of it. Once that happens I get the feeling of spinning, it's really quite unique. I like the vortex, because once inside you will see tunnels, walls, doorways etc.. It lets you decide where you want to explore next. It also completely envelops you out of your physical.

light487

Quote from: Ryan_ on September 15, 2011, 09:07:01
I was thinking about that the other day, and relating back to how when you stare at something long enough (without the scene you're looking at changing or without you blinking) you'll notice it begin to "fade away".  I'm thinking that once the fading away has completed, that's what the 3D Blackness is.  It's the complete loss of visual stimuli.  I think that's when you can effectively switch your visual input to another reality frame. 

Oh is that what that is.. :p

I had that 2 nights ago.. it happened just like you say, as the visuals started to fade away.. the 3D blackness began. It's like a "gel" of nothingness and there holes, depressions, tunnels etc in the gel. Or another way I can explain my experience is like I am inside an "asteroid" from a sci-fi movie/book. It's not completely pitch black but there are smooth holes and tunnels cut into the rock that have been smoothed over time.

I tried to focus on the image of API at that time but then I got distracted by other stimulus within the blackness. :)