My friend - the Field of Experience

Previous topic - Next topic

floriferous

The Field of Experience is everything that appears to me in this moment as the simple presence of being...

Nameless

THAT is so beautiful and so brutally true.
You have a way with words, I would say I am jealous but the Field of Experience tells me there is no need.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

LightBeam

The Field of Experience is a reflection of who we are as current physical characters. If we don't like what we see in the mirror, then we don't like some aspects of our character. But we as characters not always recognize that WE create the Field of Experience. This is one of the big lessons that were set up in these types of realities.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

floriferous

Thank you, Nameless, for your kind words.

Quote from: LightBeam on April 03, 2022, 14:20:59
The Field of Experience is a reflection of who we are as current physical characters. If we don't like what we see in the mirror, then we don't like some aspects of our character. But we as characters not always recognize that WE create the Field of Experience. This is one of the big lessons that were set up in these types of realities.

While I agree I think this line of thought also perpetuates the notion of duality. I prefer to think of it as not just 'we create the field of experience' but rather 'we are the field of experience'. This feels more complete to me.

While I appreciate my original post was written in a dualistic way it was the only way to get my point across and have it still make sense.

Also, can you elaborate on your last sentence? e.g. what are these big lessons and who are they set up by?

LightBeam

Quote from: floriferous on April 05, 2022, 12:32:42

Also, can you elaborate on your last sentence? e.g. what are these big lessons and who are they set up by?

The lesson is to realize that we create our experiences. We are creators.

and yes, I was going to say that the Field of Experience is Me and not an external friend, but decided to use the analogy with the mirror. In a way the mirror shows a reflection of ourselves.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Lumaza

Interesting conversation!  :-)

When I began creating my wire wrap Bonsai trees that I call "Crystal Amplifiers", I read a lot of material on the meaning of word "Bonsai" and how it plays such a big role in the Japanese culture. That soon led to the term "Wabi-Sabi". Wabi-Sabi is the Art of finding "perfection in the imperfect", the "elusive beauty of imperfection". That led me further to finding this fantastic article that talked about Wabi-Sabi as a way of living. It all made so much sense. I think you guys will enjoy it as well. Taking what you read about it and applying this to your lives makes life a lot less stressful!  :-)
https://japanobjects.com/features/wabi-sabi
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

floriferous

Quote from: Lumaza on April 08, 2022, 18:54:39
Interesting conversation!  :-)

When I began creating my wire wrap Bonsai trees that I call "Crystal Amplifiers", I read a lot of material on the meaning of word "Bonsai" and how it plays such a big role in the Japanese culture. That soon led to the term "Wabi-Sabi". Wabi-Sabi is the Art of finding "perfection in the imperfect", the "elusive beauty of imperfection". That led me further to finding this fantastic article that talked about Wabi-Sabi as a way of living. It all made so much sense. I think you guys will enjoy it as well. Taking what you read about it and applying this to your lives makes life a lot less stressful!  :-)
https://japanobjects.com/features/wabi-sabi

Yeah thats a good read. Very much rooted in the Zen tradition and also Atiyoga and the 'great perfection' in all appearances.

PerspectiveShift

Great initial post Floriferous! Very thought provoking.
Be the change you want to see in the world.