The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 30, 2022, 07:53:27

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My friend - the Field of Experience  (Read 930 times)
floriferous
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2022, 19:12:59 »

The Field of Experience is everything that appears to me in this moment as the simple presence of being.

And this Field of Experience is a wonderful friend to me. It never places demands upon me. It never judges or sees lack in me. Its very nature is peace and freedom for it resists nothing and never privileges one appearance over another. It sees no right & wrong or good & bad. It simply accepts all appearances that arise within itself.

In stark contrast I am a selfish and mistrusting friend to the Field of Experience. I don't allow it to be itself. Instead, with all my descriptions and labels, I define it exclusively on my own terms rather than letting it show me what it is. I constantly negotiate with Experience by demanding it appear to me in a way I deem more pleasing - a search for something to replace this moment I repeatedly label as 'not enough or lacking in some way'.

I pull at Experience when I want it and push it away when I detest it. The Field of Experience never ultimately makes me happy even though it never signed up for such a role - a role for it that is impossible to succeed in because I unreasonably expect permanent happiness in the temporary, ever morphing objects that appear in and as Experience.

I am a friend to Experience solely when it suits me. I show interest only when I think I will achieve personal gain which in itself is an action that simply reinforces the false notion that I am a separate and independent entity from this Field of Experience. I constantly define it on my terms and then am often unhappy with how it appears to me.

If pure acceptance wasn't its nature I doubt it would be my friend.

What kind of a friend are you to The Field of Experience?

« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 20:29:20 by floriferous » Logged
Nameless
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 18:40:56 »

THAT is so beautiful and so brutally true.
You have a way with words, I would say I am jealous but the Field of Experience tells me there is no need.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 18:40:56 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

LightBeam
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 19:20:59 »

The Field of Experience is a reflection of who we are as current physical characters. If we don't like what we see in the mirror, then we don't like some aspects of our character. But we as characters not always recognize that WE create the Field of Experience. This is one of the big lessons that were set up in these types of realities.
floriferous
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 17:32:42 »

Thank you, Nameless, for your kind words.

The Field of Experience is a reflection of who we are as current physical characters. If we don't like what we see in the mirror, then we don't like some aspects of our character. But we as characters not always recognize that WE create the Field of Experience. This is one of the big lessons that were set up in these types of realities.

While I agree I think this line of thought also perpetuates the notion of duality. I prefer to think of it as not just 'we create the field of experience' but rather 'we are the field of experience'. This feels more complete to me.

While I appreciate my original post was written in a dualistic way it was the only way to get my point across and have it still make sense.

Also, can you elaborate on your last sentence? e.g. what are these big lessons and who are they set up by?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 17:54:21 by floriferous » Logged
LightBeam
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 21:52:09 »

Also, can you elaborate on your last sentence? e.g. what are these big lessons and who are they set up by?

The lesson is to realize that we create our experiences. We are creators.

and yes, I was going to say that the Field of Experience is Me and not an external friend, but decided to use the analogy with the mirror. In a way the mirror shows a reflection of ourselves.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 21:52:09 »

Lumaza
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2022, 23:54:39 »

Interesting conversation!  smiley

When I began creating my wire wrap Bonsai trees that I call "Crystal Amplifiers", I read a lot of material on the meaning of word "Bonsai" and how it plays such a big role in the Japanese culture. That soon led to the term "Wabi-Sabi". Wabi-Sabi is the Art of finding "perfection in the imperfect", the "elusive beauty of imperfection". That led me further to finding this fantastic article that talked about Wabi-Sabi as a way of living. It all made so much sense. I think you guys will enjoy it as well. Taking what you read about it and applying this to your lives makes life a lot less stressful!  smiley
https://japanobjects.com/features/wabi-sabi

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla
floriferous
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2022, 19:52:45 »

Interesting conversation!  smiley

When I began creating my wire wrap Bonsai trees that I call "Crystal Amplifiers", I read a lot of material on the meaning of word "Bonsai" and how it plays such a big role in the Japanese culture. That soon led to the term "Wabi-Sabi". Wabi-Sabi is the Art of finding "perfection in the imperfect", the "elusive beauty of imperfection". That led me further to finding this fantastic article that talked about Wabi-Sabi as a way of living. It all made so much sense. I think you guys will enjoy it as well. Taking what you read about it and applying this to your lives makes life a lot less stressful!  smiley
https://japanobjects.com/features/wabi-sabi

Yeah thats a good read. Very much rooted in the Zen tradition and also Atiyoga and the 'great perfection' in all appearances.
PerspectiveShift
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2022, 02:14:22 »

Great initial post Floriferous! Very thought provoking.

Be the change you want to see in the world.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: