My progress so far (or lack of)

Previous topic - Next topic

travilanche

So I posted about a month and a half ago about the problems I was having, and took everyone's advice and went on to try new things.  So this is how my attempts currently go down....

I lay in bed and it usually takes me between 5-10 minutes to get comfortable.  Then after that I begin staring into the blackness behind my eyes and either reciting a mantra or humming a short, repetitive instrumental tune (not sure how advisable this is?).  After about 5-15 minutes I start to feel vibrations and heaviness.  At this point I usually opt out of the mantra and just work on swatting away any stray words that enter into my mind.  Sometimes this works and I continue this way, sometimes it doesn't and I go back to the mantra.  I continue these attempts usually for about 30-45 minutes at a time.  Usually only once a day but sometimes twice.  I have skipped days though, and sometimes have skipped a couple days at a time.  Sometimes the vibrations get very intense.  I used to smoke alot of cannabis and would also get intense vibrations then.  I've been sober of cannabis for about 10 months now, and these vibrations that I feel when I'm doing my phasing attempts feel identical to the ones I used to feel whilst smoking cannabis.  It's like a swirling immense energy inside my body.  I guess it's what people call their "astral bodies".  Sometimes they get so intense really quickly that they feel like they are building towards a climax, like an orgasm (but not in a sexual way at all, that's just the best word I can think of to describe the feeling) but it never quite hits the peak or goes through to the other side like I wish it would, it always fades away and recedes before that point.  Usually when I get that deep any sounds that might happen seem much harsher than they normally do.  It is a little harder to muster up the will to move physically but it is always still very possible. 

Sometimes I see shapes and things behind my eyes while I'm staring and sometimes I don't.  I always feel like I go deeper when the shapes are there and more pronounced, because it's easier to concentrate on them and not other things, but like I said, I can't always see anything.  It's fairly clear to me that whenever these things are happening that I am in a light focus 10 state (I think that's the right one) but can't figure out how to push deeper into the state, and can't figure out how to push further into the focus 12 state that I'm trying to reach. 

Now for the one truly bizarre experience I had.....

This must have been a month ago now.  I was laying on the couch, asleep while my fiance was watching tv.  Suddenly I snapped awake in the sleep paralysis mode.  I was fully concious, but I couldn't move.  Then I felt someone reach up and grab me by both shoulders, and pull me down through a tunnel, or portal of some sort.  At this point I was free falling, like out of an airplane or something for about 5 minutes time.  It was quite intense.  All the physical sensations of free fall were very present and very real.  I couldn't really see around me.  Everything was very cloudy but I was very concious.  Sometimes I would swoop in a different direction for a few seconds and then go back to falling.  Then after about 5 minutes I slowed back down and halted, at which point I was back on the couch and able to get up and move. 

Does that sort of experience happen to anyone else often?  Now I'm seeking advice on how to go further.  I'm totally committed to making this happen and will not give up.  It seems important to learn how to do this not just for myself but for the sake of evolution of the species as a whole.  So if anyone has any further advice I'd be very grateful.  I'm fairly frustrated at the moment that I've been reaching the same state at almost every attempt for about a month, but just can't seem to get any farther.

LightBeam

what time of the day do you do this technique?
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

travilanche

Usually before trying to go to sleep.  Which I have always had alot of trouble with by the way.  I have pretty profound insomnia.  So I usually make these attempts with the intention of going to sleep afterwards.  But I sometimes find that after I'm done with them, that it is actually harder to go to sleep than it would have been if I had just gone to sleep in the first place. 

I've also tried doing this when I first wake up, but I find almost no success that way.  My mind is usually alot harder to quiet down when I first wake up and I generally have no success at that time.

LightBeam

Insomnia could be a problem though. Perhaps you can try a different technique, that doesn't require that much tension. First, let me suggest the book "Adventures beyond the body" by William Buhlman. His techniques actually brought me great success with AP. Before that I was just trying wrong things, doing them at the wrong time.
So, you can try visualization technique, or my favorite and most effective motion technique. Both are very enjoyable and when done while falling asleep, will promote peacefulness and calmness, so that may help you with your insomnia. You can pick any place you would like and mentally transport yourself there. Start observing everything around you, try to even smell the air. Touch objects, feel their texture with your fingertips. Don't think of yourself laying in bed anymore, feel yourself being there and moving, as real as possible. Imagine yourself running or flying there with great speed. I used to imagine that I was making those high jumps from roof to roof. The motion will provoke strong vibrations, when you fall asleep. Don't tense your mind though, if you can't achieve this on the first attempt. And most importantly, do this technique while you are falling asleep. No matter how long that may take, keep picturing yourself there. You may even imagine that you are laying and getting ready to fall asleep, but there, at that place. Let these thoughts be your last conscious ones. I can't stress enough how important this key element is for having regular OBEs.

What you have experienced was an AP. Maybe a guide helped you and pulled you out. At moments like this, take immediate control and start giving commands like "I am in Paris" or wherever you want to go. It is your thoughts that navigate the experience. Remember that!

Good Luck!
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

travilanche

I might give that book a look through.  Visualization is always a problem for me though.  I tried Robert Bruce's method a couple years ago, and had minimal success due to the fact that he requires you to do the visualization and movement and feeling memory stuff.  But with his method I was very effective with energy raising and movement.  So effective in fact that after a few weeks of working on it, my crown chakra would buzz 24 hours a day.  I mean really buzz!  It was distracting and I don't know what the reason for that kind of buzzing is.  So I gave up on his method for those reasons.  Then not long ago I discovered the phasing method and that sounded alot easier.  And as I stated earlier, I have had some success, and feel like I could make this method work for me, I just am having trouble getting over that last hump to get into focus 12. 

Also currently reading My Big TOE by Tom Campbell.  Any other recommended readings?

Lionheart

Congratulations Travilanche, that sounds like a successful OBE to me. If you like videos you can go to YouTube and search for Astral Travel/Projection videos. There is a ton of them to be found. You can also find videos there by Tomas Campbell, Robert Bruce, Bob Monroe, basically all the pioneers and also other people just like you and me who give their own personal interpretations. I like to just go there myself then sit back in a comfortable chair and listen, since most of them are mainly about audio then the visual.

cosmic.iron

Trying to enter a phase at the time of going to sleep is very difficult.  Your mind and body are simply not at the proper condition.  Even though you have experienced lots of the preludes such as vibrations and HIs, which are exciting by themselves, you may not be able to advance beyond those sensations without the proper mind/body condition.  If you cannot afford to do WBTB, then I'd suggest some less demanding techniques such as mid-sleep dream recall plus visualization.  The way to do it is quite simple:

At the end of each sleep cycle we usually wake up momentarily.  When you wake up you should try to remain still and begin recalling your previous dream in your head, in backward order.  Do not try to analyze or summarize the dream -- you don't want any rational thoughts to enter your mind.  Try to replay the dream -- the picture, the sound, the motion, and the feelings, etc.  As you do this you may find certain scenes can be visualized more easily than others.  Hung onto these scenes and try to visualize it in more details.  The scene will eventually come alive and you may suddenly realize you are walking inside of it! 

Another technique I recommend is a new method I developed last year -- Senses Initiated Lucid Dream (SILD)

Contenteo

QuoteThen after that I begin staring into the blackness behind my eyes and either reciting a mantra or humming a short, repetitive instrumental tune (not sure how advisable this is?).
Any metaphysical imagery will work just fine. Your goal is to jump start the 'disconnection' process. A handful of things work great with this step.

AS FOR THE BODY OF YOUR MESSAGE
CONGRATS :-D - I am totally stoked for you. You did the deed. The hard training. You now have the lifestyle down.

Now let me answer your curiosities with an image. Projecting is essentially dealing with a vortex situation. Imagine a tornado, black hole, whirlpool, all will do. Immature projecting is getting whipped around the outside of the orbits and attempting to break down through the vortex walls. All very terribly turbulent. A seasoned projector knows how to get whipped right down into the center. How far you get thrown out into the other side of this "wormhole to the astral" depends on your proficiency at this exit.

This is a lucky situation. The couch instance you had is a shining example of a pro's exit, just didn't follow through. For example, think of how Frank explained his exit. Read up. You'll notice the similarities.

So this practice you have been doing is fantastic. This first is how you become acclimated to understand the true nature of projecting. Hard earned understanding, greeks called this sufo, suffere- to suffer. Wear the badge and wear it proud.

Your ecstasy state, which is totally awesome, right? :-D, is traditionally like a F18 of sorts. It's deep in, but being whipped around the lower cone area of the vorticity, but not through it.
Your F15, (That falling feeling-time and space disappear, hence no-time-zone) however, is actually getting sucked right into the center of the vortex.
Yes it's weird, but an F15 exit will put you somewhere essentially different then a F18 exit. And as a newly advanced student of this should be your next goal to cultivate.

So that weird fall? That was a pro's exit. As soon as your "Novocaine State" becomes mature, you act. Focus up, initiate the vibrations and hang on. Realize though, this is essentially gaining momentum and then then perfectly steering your boat for acceleration graph into that whirlpool. It's goin' be a bumpy ride. Commit, Intend, and Hang On.

Congrats again! Keep us posted!  :lol:

Cheers,
Contenteo

Contenteo

CFTraveler

Loved the bat comment.
Except that it looked more like the Masons logo.
:lol:

travilanche

I like the diagram.  And yes, the thing at the end does sort of look like a mason symbol.   :-D  Another question I have is, does this vortex have to be something you wait to happen naturally, or can you actively create it yourself through force of will somehow?

Anonymouse

Gratz my friend! as centeneo and every other person said, you're on your way!. So you thought f10...F18 they said ;). Again those are just numbers, keep us updated!!

Is that a plane?, is that a man? NO! it's a freaking bad drawn bat!

Contenteo

Lol, I am cracking up over here about the bat comment. That is just a badly drawn "r"

It's a lame joke about being 21 to enter a bar in tamed with F21 being the state needed to actually project.

Lol, wtf? bat, i don't get it. I think thats why its so funny

Cheers,
Contenteo