News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

New Challenge: Focus

Previous topic - Next topic

PerspectiveShift

Quote from: Lumaza on June 16, 2022, 16:23:02
I am bumping this old thread in an attempt to jump start some positive results and experiences again on this Forum.

This will strengthen your ability to hold a focus. What happens after that? Well, you have to fill in those blanks!  :wink:  :-)

Quote from: Lumaza on June 16, 2022, 16:23:02
I am bumping this old thread in an attempt to jump start some positive results and experiences again on this Forum.

This will strengthen your ability to hold a focus. What happens after that? Well, you have to fill in those blanks!  :wink:  :-)

Hey thanks Lumaza! This is a really cool thread. I'm definitely going to practice this!!

I also like the affirmation mentioned that you do every night. I am going to implement this. I too feel like the word "dream" feels like its a separate "fake" experience or something. I feel more comfortable calling it an experience. I've been changing my affirmations here and there though which I don't think is working for me. I will use yours if thats okay. It looks like a very complete affirmation.

In relation to this exercise, I would say that I'm pretty decent at focussing on the black screen without thoughts entering my mind for some time, but I find myself doing two different styles of meditation (subtly different). The first one that I do most often is a completely alert type of focus which is a bit more strenuous, but it works well to keep thoughts from creeping in. But I find it might be too much in the Beta brain wave state or something. Different books on meditation say different things, probably because they have different objectives, but I read that this type of super alert meditation is good so I've been doing it mainly.

The second version that I used to do pretty proficiently was initially alert but then would start to sort of drift. I relax everything as much as possible and allow myself to go as deep as possible into it. It was almost like relaxing down until there was a tipping point of losing consciousness completely (not realizing I'm seeing a thought), but not quite where I had just enough to know what was going on. Like a balance of some sort. I would do this from an upright sitting position and many times I would feel my body start to fall over from going asleep and it would instantly bring back the alert mode back on. Almost like drifting to sleep but I have the one strand of awareness still intact.

This second type of focus would usually induce the colours/patterns into my vision pretty quickly (for awhile there I was getting these visuals within a minute or two of sitting down) and I'm assuming this would be the best version to use for this exercise, but I'm not completely sure. The first version definitely has more focus and willpower backing the focus, but I don't really see any strange things during this style of meditation typically. But maybe there are some small thoughts tripping it up. I honestly don't know.

I do about 20-30 minutes of meditation per day on most days. I skip the odd day here and there.

I'm sure there might be a few people having the same experience. Do you have any input here?
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Lumaza

Quote from: PerspectiveShift on June 17, 2022, 08:16:46
Hey thanks Lumaza! This is a really cool thread. I'm definitely going to practice this!!
Thank you for not saying you were going to "try" this. In my mind, you either do it or you don't. In the past, I created a thread here on the Astral Pulse based solely on the word "try" and why it's counterproductive.

QuoteI also like the affirmation mentioned that you do every night. I am going to implement this. I too feel like the word "dream" feels like its a separate "fake" experience or something. I feel more comfortable calling it an experience. I've been changing my affirmations here and there though which I don't think is working for me. I will use yours if thats okay. It looks like a very complete affirmation.
As with everything else in this practice, my affirmation too has evolved. I begin with the same "By my act of will, I release my focus over my physical body". I then say "I am consciously aware in my sleep, KNOWING my physical body lies here safely and soundly in my bed". Not only has the word "Dream" been totally emitted. I state that I "know" I am still physically in bed. I find that that added part of the affirmation really help. At least it does with my own success. I become lucid in my nocturnal experiences almost nightly now.

The only input I would have for you is to do what works. I utilize myself and teach the importance of color/geometric shape and motion because I find it kind of tricks the mind into gear. Each aspect almost immediately creates a mental association.

On your battle to keep your mind clear. I don't find that a problem. I utilize the "monkey mind" to my advantage as well. The "monkey mind" will create mental associations as well. I especially like it when "memories" kick in. I find that "memories" seem to come from the "mind's eye" as it is. The trick though is to lock onto whatever presents itself. Allow that to become your new reality, at least for your session that is.

Do what works for you. You know yourself much better than I do, lol. I only present things that have been studied for years, like "mental associations" for instance.  Think of a ink blot test. What do you see in it? What form appears in the puffy cloud that you watch?

I also like to utilize "mental imprints" to my advantage. It's a great way to "jump start" an NPR adventure. What's that? Tonight, turn all you lights in your TV or computer room off. All you want to see is the TV screen/computer screen at this point. After about 20 minutes of just staring at your screen, turn your TV off, or your computer screen. Immediately close your eyes. What's left over there? For a brief moment you will see the outline of your TV screen. That rectangular imprint will still be there. It will quickly fade away. The trick is, keep it there. When it fades out, will it back. Keep up this little mental tug-o-war for a few minutes and you may begin to feel the initial signposts of a shift in your consciousness. Ignore those exit symptoms and stay the course on your mental target. Now the target will begin to morph anew. Don't fight it. Stay with the new occurrence. To me, that Astral Projection 101. That Art of Phasing. Your goal being to shift your reality, while consciously aware of it. Now, I know many people are going to say that they can't hold the image or that some other thought(s) invade that space. If and when they do, utilize them to your advantage. As long as those thoughts are not on what your physical body is doing right now, they themselves will tend to create their own visuals. When they do, lock on and explore them further. Astral Travel or non-ordinary shifts in consciousness is all about losing your focus on your physical body while the shift in consciousness "naturally" occurs. How you do that is up to you. I know you realize that Perspective. I am just saying that for other people's benefit that may be reading this post right now.

Not only has my ability to experience to have a shift in consciousness while totally aware evolve, the wire work that I "channel" has as well. Here is few photos of a wire Pegasus Sculpture I was commissioned to create. This one was a first. I have never attempted a Horse before. It was definitely a learning experience.

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

PerspectiveShift

Lumaza, that Pegasus is beautiful!

I want to thank you for all the priceless advice here Lumaza! I've got your affirmation all set and ready to use.

And yes, the more I'm reading these different "techniques" and practicing them I'm getting the grasp of what is the root of what is going on. It's hard to do when you are practicing something for a long time and have no idea if it's even working. But I know this stuff takes time and lots of practice. I've hit these random experiences though that have given me clues or pointers in the right direction, so it's starting to come together now. Just gotta keep up the practice.
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Lumaza

Quote from: PerspectiveShift on June 18, 2022, 21:17:02
Lumaza, that Pegasus is beautiful!
Thank you!  :-) Believe it or not, those Swarovski Crystals that are in it's eyes and around it's neck are actually clear. For some reason they decided to turn blue in my pictures. I'm sure it had to do with the way the light was refracting or reflecting.

QuoteI want to thank you for all the priceless advice here Lumaza! I've got your affirmation all set and ready to use.
Again, thank you!  :-) All those techniques worked and still do work for me. I am kind of forced though to change it up once in awhile!  :-)

QuoteAnd yes, the more I'm reading these different "techniques" and practicing them I'm getting the grasp of what is the root of what is going on. It's hard to do when you are practicing something for a long time and have no idea if it's even working. But I know this stuff takes time and lots of practice. I've hit these random experiences though that have given me clues or pointers in the right direction, so it's starting to come together now. Just gotta keep up the practice.
I find it's the adventure along the way that keeps me going. When you are open to and put yourself in situations where you can learn more, more is taught to you! You really have to have a love for exploration. That's why I say "don your Explorer's Cap and allow your curiosity to take the driver's seat". !
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla