News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Infinity

Previous topic - Next topic

LightBeam

Can you truly comprehend what Infinity is? I can not! I understand the description of infinite, but I can't comprehend how is that possible. What does it mean that the multiverse is infinite. No beginning and no end, always going, always creating forever and ever and ever, infinite world....How is that possible? How can there be infinite worlds? Was it just one ball of condense consciousness at first, when did the individualized spirits came to be?
I often use this word on my posts, because I have no doubt of its validity, but when I try to fully comprehend it, I cant. That frustrates me to some degree, because I wish I could understand everything, but I also understand that after all we can perceive a very very tiny, tiny, tiny portion of the multiverse at this time. Like looking through a key hole from a dungeon of a beautiful castle. 
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Sammie

I feel like infinity would also include "finity" & nothingness. Since infinity is "ALL". That is probably why we can exist here on earth with our limited perspective of all things & things like infinity.
So for infinity to exist. There must also be nothing. And if there is nothing. How can infinity exist?

floriferous

Quote from: Sammie on May 30, 2022, 17:03:26
I feel like infinity would also include "finity" & nothingness. Since infinity is "ALL". That is probably why we can exist here on earth with our limited perspective of all things & things like infinity.
So for infinity to exist. There must also be nothing. And if there is nothing. How can infinity exist?

I agree that infinity also includes nothingness. I think that's one of the paradoxes of reality. It depends from what vantage point you view it. From the perspective of mind, infinity has a reality to it. You will find infinity in every appearance. For example, a length of wood may measure 4 inches but this is a whole number which doesn't occur in nature. We often round up for convenience. So we only see irrational numbers in nature and they never resolve (eg like pi) and so go on forever. So, in reality the length of this hypothetical piece of wood is not 4inches but actually 4.765375 etc..for infinity. So while visually this piece of wood comes to an end, mathematically it's length goes on for infinity. So infinity is in every appearance.

From a broader vantage point beyond the mind, the dimension of space (that which infinity relates to) is merely a concept and has no basis in our lived experience. We only ever experience 'here'. 'There' is a concept which no one has ever experienced. All experience happens 'here'. For example, try to leave 'here'. You will find it is not possible. Therefore if all experience happens at the same distance (which is in fact no distance) then space only exists for the thought that thinks it. So you might say experience is dimensionless. We bring the dimension of space into existence by the way we define it. So from this perspective infinity is not a real thing. This would align with your comment of nothingness.

PerspectiveShift

Great thoughts there Floriferous!

Sammie, another perspective that I have of my own is that infinity does contain nothingness and it does sound like a paradox. I really agree with the teachings in the Kybalion and Hermetics (because they can be applied in this sort of scenario).

I could be completely wrong here, but here are my thoughts. The Law of Polarity (in the Kybalion) would assume Infinity and nothingness are the same essential thing with opposing polarity (like hot and cold are scales of temperature) so they are the essentially the same thing on a scale and we are witnessing the in-between states of infinity and nothingness. You can find nothingness and infinity in everything, yet they oppose one another. This is the paradox we live in.

We live in a paradox of duality which is essentially illusory by nature as duality is fundamentally untrue. It's a deception or fiction that we signed up to experience (like a video game sort of). Real Truth is that everything is one and exists and doesn't exist all at the same time. The issue is that we cannot understand this as our logical minds cannot comprehend existing and not existing at the same time. Or infinity and nothingness existing in the same place. And we will never be able to understand it logically.

Another way to look at it is that we aren't looking at the full picture. We are judging everything by our 5 senses which are setup to witness this limited view of reality. Our brains, eyes, ears, nose etc, can pick up a very narrow range of vibrations or experiences even though there is a whole world of happenings that we are "missing out on" happening right here and now. (Actually, everything is happening right now, we just have a limited view of time existing in this particular view of "reality" but that's another crazy discussion.) A simple example is radio waves, microwaves, wifi, and the many other signals we cannot see, but they exist. The sun's rays are passing right through us. But we can only see our dense little perspective.

It's like looking at a car crash from one person's point of view. This one person's perspective would think that the driver was an idiot and drove into a pole, a dog's perspective might be that this crazy moving animal just killed itself and injured the person inside it, a spirit's perspective may see that the person, without realizing, shifted out of their reality and AP'ed long enough to lose control of the vehicle and crashed, and yet a higher consciousness may have seen this car crash as an essential part of this person's experience as an integral part of the experience they specifically chose before "coming here".

So as you can see in this example above there are different levels of perspective depending on the level of equipment (faculties, consciousness, and awareness) a specific being is equipped with. So going back to the initial question, in my opinion we do not have all of the faculties or equipment in this physical body to fully understand nothingness and infinity existing together (from a physical perspective at least.) That's why with internal experiences sometimes we can experience something that is so real, but we cannot find the words to explain it because it's beyond the physical comprehension. Many times we forget dreams because we cannot comprehend them. It's happened to me many times. Having dreams so abstract that it just doesn't make sense in this logical waking reality and therefore it becomes an easily forgettable experience.

But logic is just one faculty or tool of many tools, just like intuition, sight, touch, hearing, etc. And I am sure there are many other faculties that we cannot even imagine that exist that humans cannot possess in human physical form. Some we could imagine would be thermal vision, telepathy, clairvoyance, etc, but what if you weren't in a body? What if you were a fundamental geometrical pattern holding up reality? What tools would you have existing as this?

I might sound a bit nuts (I went deep there), but here is the best place to share these crazy thoughts. I hope this connects some dots within your own unique perspective! :)

P.S. I've also heard of a belief that things are spiral or circular in nature so that the polarities of something are not like lines on a page, rather they are like circles. So the ends of the polarity end up becoming the same somewhere along in the scale. So super blistering hot will eventually become super, mind-bending, extreme cold and then back again. You might be able to think about that in relation to infinity and nothingness as well. I agree with this personally, but it's just a belief at this point and hasn't been experienced directly as much of the above stuff is. Thats philosophy for ya! ;)
Be the change you want to see in the world.

LightBeam

Wow, thank you guys! Definitely thought-provoking ideas. Now I feel that it's ok if I can't comprehend everything at this time. But at least we started scratching the surface :) Thank you again for your valuable input!
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

PerspectiveShift

Quote from: LightBeam on May 31, 2022, 13:23:00
Wow, thank you guys! Definitely thought-provoking ideas. Now I feel that it's ok if I can't comprehend everything at this time. But at least we started scratching the surface :) Thank you again for your valuable input!

Have you ever had NP experiences of getting closer to infinity? Or experience something that you could have never imagined possible? Like if someone asks you, what the craziest thing you could ever imagine, like the craziest experience and then you experience something beyond that?

LightBeam

Quote from: PerspectiveShift on May 31, 2022, 20:11:12
Have you ever had NP experiences of getting closer to infinity? Or experience something that you could have never imagined possible? Like if someone asks you, what the craziest thing you could ever imagine, like the craziest experience and then you experience something beyond that?

yes, I've had so many APs of new and unexpected observations and communications, including connecting to the essence of God and feeling the oneness and the timelessness, but my mind always tends to organize things into segments that should be complete. I know this is my physical brain's wiring. I understand the concept of infinity and don't question its validity, I just can't fully comprehend it. Perhaps I can ask to understand infinity during my next AP and see what happens.
Captain Jack Sparrow

PerspectiveShift

Quote from: LightBeam on May 31, 2022, 20:29:05
yes, I've had so many APs of new and unexpected observations and communications, including connecting to the essence of God and feeling the oneness and the timelessness, but my mind always tends to organize things into segments that should be complete. I know this is my physical brain's wiring. I understand the concept of infinity and don't question its validity, I just can't fully comprehend it. Perhaps I can ask to understand infinity during my next AP and see what happens.

Yeah those experiences are super cool! I really want to experience more of them. Im sure that would be a really cool experience to explore infinity.

Yes, I've had certain experiences (not AP's per se) that have greatly influenced my beliefs. I know what you mean about your mind trying to bundle everything up into nicely categorized rows, mine does the same, which is why I shared my personal mind-bundled perspective above. But I also believe that we shouldn't believe anything as completely 100% true anyways until you experience it yourself. So everything I just said in the above post was my personal mind interpretation of the combination of what I have personally experienced and what I have read about so far, but I have only scratched the surface of experience. It could be completely the opposite of actual reality, who knows haha!!

Experience is paramount in my opinion because even one single experience can blow a massive hole and rip your world apart in terms of structured beliefs that you think are true. So I personally try to remain skeptical until I've experienced something as true, even with what I posted above. I use that "belief" as a sort of beacon pointing in a possible direction. My most educated guess so far, as we really know very little about our true existence and reality. One major experience can be very humbling.