Non-Physical Personality/Awareness/Character

Previous topic - Next topic

Selski

I was musing the other day in my journal about my NP sidekick. I call her a sidekick tongue-in-cheek, but maybe she really is separate from me. Sometimes it feels so. In addition, I don't necessarily see her as female, 'it' is more male (I'm female). Below is what I wrote.

I've been giving quite a bit of thought to the NP personality of late. Specifically of its awareness.

In my latest simulation with the dream characters who were coming to get me, my first response about having a mirror was totally NP. I had no idea I was going to say that, or even that I had a mirror. My second response where I put my hand through the wall - I'd say that was my lucid self emerging and merging with my NP self. And the third response where I tried to put myself into and through a character was very characteristic of my lucid self.

So perhaps the balance was tipping from my NP self to my lucid self. The more lucid I got, the less likely I was of staying in the dream. Hmmm.

I wonder: Is the NP personality self-aware? Is that even possible? I think so, but it requires a lucidity that isn't how we would normally understand lucidity.

I'd love to hear others' views on this subject. What is your relationship/understanding of your NP personality?

baro-san replied in my dream journal and here is his post:

I'm of the opinion that my non-physical is more self-aware than I am. It is actually like I am one of his many dreams. For him to become lucid in his dream, that is my life, would be when I know that I am his dream. It is exactly as when I am getting lucid in my dream.

Him becoming lucid would help me taylor his dream, my life, using his knowledge and his intentions.

Cool thoughts.  :-)

I feel like I need to process my understanding some more before I can reach any conclusions. It feels like this would be a difficult undertaking because to observe my sidekick, I would have to be there as well - and this rarely happens. Only on occasions when lucidity is slowly brightening do I have a small timespan when we are both aware. Perhaps the way to observe is to note what he/she does in the dream when I'm not around.

I've just re-read the above paragraph and I sound completely nuts.  :-P

Thoughts anyone?
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Nameless

Thoughts? Sure, I agree - You are completely nuts! LOL!!

But seriously I've been thinking and wondering along these same lines myself. It's funny really as I have a son that is very lucid and active in his NP reality. He describes me in a way that I do not see myself and claims I created HIS NP world. Say what??? I don't know about that but I do see him a lot in my own experiences and he is far different than the person I know here.

My NP personality never hesitates but me... Let me think on this some more.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Karxx Gxx

Well I guess I didnt think about it, but I guess NP personalities are a thing.
Maybe when I Project, I will try to be more of an observer and not identify as myself. The NP could start reacting differntly. Not sure. This is a whole 'nother ballgame.
Also thought forms are a thing, and they can become sentient. Just got into a subject called Tulpas. Basically an imaginary friend but more real. So I dont think you are crazy. I guess that makes me crazy  :-P

Not much good input, but i support the sidekick to being real! I think you could make here more real with intention or (insert techniques).
Your way is The way

funfire

Well I wouldn't say I have a seperate NP personality, but that while in a low concious dream-state/NP my actions are more reactive to the reality I created. Whenever I make a choice with low conciousness it is always the first choice I think unless my intellect takes over to halt my constant progress in the dream/NP.

I would also just like to point out that I consider the dream itself myself not just me the experiencer of the reality. I do feel the loss of myself as the dream when I become more lucid. It's possible I need to have another frame that is beyond any thought at this point of mind when approaching this problem.

One thing I've been pondering is why we are ever in the low conciousness state at all, I have come to some theorys. It's possible we are in a state of low conciousness to believe the reality we projected. I find that dreaming in a low conciousness state I have much more sway of the enviorment around me, once lucid I start to lose the feeling of the control of changing the enviorment and the lucid dream becomes a more solid reality or it breaks down and I wake up. while in the NP It can feel as if everything in low conciousness felt absolute and when I become lucid everything becomes more at times theoretical or questionable making me lose some belief in the reality I created. A hard thing to shake while in the NP would be me also comparing a dream to everything I have experienced on earth, It's like trying to combine water and oil.

I do believe there's a balance of being low conciousness and being lucid that is the most optimal to have the most fulfilly NP experience. To be fair why would a reality exsist if the experiencer will not act accordingly to the experience provided. When becoming lucid I find it hard to make instant changes to enviorment. I instead have to slowly change the experience to what I want to experience with intent.

However besides what I stated I find special exceptions that allow me to by-pass these problems relative to the reality and it's preciever, but I have very few of these experiences. Mabye whatever these experiences were, was the answers I didn't comprehend but needed to understand to find the middle ground or something else.

This may seem a little off topic to the original topic but I find this a good expression of how I understand how the NP works on a sorta fundamental level.

Lumaza

My NP personality seems like some kind of "shxx disturber". It gets me in all kinds of predicaments. then it's like "tag" your it and I need to handle whatever mess it go me into. The other day I had a real strange experience. I became consciously aware with full lucidity just as I was drinking poison. It was so realistic that I awoke in the morning with that "putrid" taste in my mouth.

Other times, I am experiencing the scenario in third person, like watching a movie. Soon it changes to first person and I am fully engaged in it. I have had times where it kept fluctuating in the same scenario. That one was quite interesting and memorable.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

baro-san

Quote from Seth-Roberts:

• "The life of any given individual could be legitimately compared to the dream of an entity While the
    individual suffers and enjoys his given number of years, these years are but a flash to the entity The entity
    is concerned with them in the same way that you are concerned with your dreams. As you give inner
    purpose and organization to your dreams, and as you obtain insight and satisfaction from them, though they
    involve only a portion of your life, so the entity to some extent directs and gives purpose and organization
    to his personalities. So does the entity obtain insights and satisfactions from its existing personalities,
    although no one of them takes up all of its attention."
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

Selski

I've had Seth Speaks for about 15 years now and still haven't managed to get through it in one go. Perhaps I should try again, but start from the end and work my way backwards.  :lol:

Then again, I'm currently wading through Game of Thrones and am only on the first book, so that might take me until Christmas... :-P
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.