News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Challenge: Memory

Previous topic - Next topic

astralm

A while ago a challenge was posted about maintaining focus using something such as a spinning top and seeing how long you can kept your focus on it.  I have a new one around memory.  This one I first came across in "The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep" by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche.  I find it helps with dream recall as well as visualization and imagination.

It is a very simple exercise.  All you do is sit down and close and your eyes each night before bed and try to remember everything you can about the day.  Not remember in the intellectual sense of I did this and went here, but actually try to relive the memory of it, how it looked, tasted, smelled and sounded.  You may find it is a little shocking just how little you can ACTUALLY REMEMBER about your day, let alone your more distant past.

Whitelight01

Hi, astral
        It's been 2 weeks, have you any results or consequence of your practice? I think I will try this for a bit as well. I do find this intriguing. Thanks for posting it.

Lumaza

I was somewhat forced, due to a physical ailment to learn and experience Tibetan Dream Yoga. At first I thought it was curse. Now I know it was a blessing. It taught me how to navigate my NP surrounding better and improve my Dream awareness in general. It also taught me more about "do-overs" or what I call "Re-scripting".
Here is post I made back in 2012 about "Re-scripting". At the time, my name here was "Lionheart".
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_dreams/rescripting-t37506.0.html
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Nameless

Oh, I am glad this came back up. I had read it and meant to try doing this but then things happened and I forgot. I do remember trying this once a long time ago but felt silly and gave it up. Back then though I wasn't into any of this. So before I comment further I will try doing this. It seems deceptively easy...
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.