News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Not sure what's happening

Previous topic - Next topic

Novice

I'm very new to this whole thing and have a few questions I hope you all can help me to answer. I've had a few experiences, increasing in frequency and I'm not sure what they are. Also, if I'm posting in the wrong section, I apologize now for that.

I just started trying lucid dreaming about a month ago. I got very excited that I was able to do it the first night. I now have LD's about 1-2 times a week. But after describing many of my LD experiences on another dream site, it was suggested that what I'm doing isn't LD, but astral travel/projecting.

Now, I hadn't even heard of that before. I've done some reading since then, but I'm not real clear of the difference between LD and the astral plane. This morning I found this site and was reading the article on Astral Techniques. I hadn't knowingly been trying to do this. However, what I do find myself doing habitually when I'm lucid, sounds similar to what is being described in the beginning techniques.

Floating, levitating and flying I have found to be very easy for me to do. But if I want to go really fast, I'll close my eyes and do this thing that I'm not sure how to describe. I do it in waking as well to calm myself down. I basically 'withdraw' or 'sink' into myself or surrender or let go. I'm not sure I'm making sense. My eyes are only closed for a moment. But anyways, after I do that, I'll open my eyes and be somewhere else or be flying/zooming really fast through deep space. I was of the impression that these were all LDs.

What I read this morning that literally made my stomach sink, however, was the section on the future wind. Two night ago, I had this very long, detailed, vivid dream. But in the one section, I'm floating on my back in outerspace. (This is the first time I've floated on my back - I'm usually flying/floating in a standing position or on my stomach). But while I was doing this, I felt this very strong wind come up against me. I was going into it head first. I felt like I was being gently jostled/tossed around. Almost like turbulance on an airplane or fighting the current in the ocean. I tried to stay focused, but I felt it getting stronger. So ultimately I simply surrendered to it. I remember everything after that very clearly, but before I post it, I wanted to get your thoughts on these experiences.

I thought I had read somewhere in the article that it isn't possible to 'accidentaly' project or do it without intent or knowing. And I haven't been knowingly trying to do it, but rather doing what felt natural at the time. And I only remember a seeing a ghost-like body that I understood to be me twice. The rest of the times, I'm in these places but I don't see my body. Am I in the right place and have any of you experienced similar things???
Reality is what you perceive it to be.