News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Phasing and trance

Previous topic - Next topic

stamboe

I'm wondering if phasing and trance have something in common. If for example full trance is the same as say focus 12?

Christian

Frank

Hi:

No real idea on that one. I've always said that I could never get to grips with what people were meaning when talking about being in a "trance". There are so many varying definitions of the word trance it could largely mean any state that was not physical. In contrast, the Focus 12 state is a specific state that people can recognise. But, like I say, there appears to be so many varying definitions of what a trance is, it would seem that anyone who projects their consciousness to anywhere but the front-line physical is in a trance.

Yours,
Frank

stamboe

Hi Frank

All right, thanks anyway. I will have to use the search engine and see if I can find anything useful...

Christian

Frank

Hi:

If you do find out anything useful then please post it up here because this question, or at least this "trance type" question comes up now and again.

Yours,
Frank

shedt

Quote from: stamboeI'm wondering if phasing and trance have something in common. If for example full trance is the same as say focus 12?

Christian

I think that phasing is somthing you can do in a trance or not. Like sometimes I might phase out and stare at the wall blankly, and daydream or get lost in a thought.

When I'm in a "trance" my focus is away from my body. My brainwaves I think are slower. I feel like I'm sinking, I try to look inwards.

I just guess it may be easier for someone to phase while in a trance, but i think that is more of a belief as I have had I think more phasing experience just sitting in a chair relaxing and letting my mind go.

stamboe

Hi

I found a post with some info about the link between the focus levels and trance:

Quote(edited slightly)

Xetrov wrote:

First of all it struck me that as far as i am aware no one has ever mentioned that focus 10 is a type of trance induction. This is perhaps caused by the normally quite hazy and broad description of the term 'trance', but in my opinion (trance being a deepened / higher state of awareness which is caused and/or accompanied by lower brainwave levels) it is the same. Focus 10 to my experience is similar to a light to medium trance. I should also add here before people start saying again that i have no first hand experience on the matter, that I went through all the stages described in the article many times and that i recognize most of the 'symptoms'.

I have been using this focus 10 for quite some time now to induce an OBE (which as you might know i see as an elaborate lucid dream). It has given me very good results while being in this focus (or deeper) when I wake up shortly during the night. From what i have read here on deeper focus levels (which would be similar to a deep trance stage), I have experienced those often as well. Focus 12 to 21 which are described here as the astral bridge zone or 3D blackness (quite an apt name i might say), is a stage which I have always called somewhat similar as the 'Black Void'. To me it represents a very interesting state of mind where you can either enter a LD or an OBE (RB type), or you can go down even into deep sleep and stay lucid there, or explore your own or other energies. I have often gone back and forth between the blackness and multiple lucid and/or Ob's.

Well just my thoughts on the matter, perhaps someone will find it informative

Christian

Steve 2B

I always took trance to mean to be 'focused' away from the physical body and being aware/interacting with the subconscious part of the self, as shedt said you get that pleasant sinking sensation, the loss of physical sensations too

I tried regression via hypnosis years ago, tho nothing really ever happened as a result of trying it...But it was a useful exercise in calming the mind and experimenting with other parts of yourself.

Steve
Nothing in the world is better than practicing/ Nothing in the world is harder than eating...

Frank

Major Tom:

I take your last point. I've been reading up on the old mystical stuff the past few months and, from what I have seen, I would readily concur. One day I'm going to decipher some of this old work to point out just how limited some of these people were in their thinking. The higher branches of Focus 3, that Monroe, et al, would reach nightly, may of these Buddhist-style fellas would think you were gods or something. :)

Yours,
Frank

TheJza

Taken from http://www.newconnexion.net/article/05-04/lerner.html

QuoteIt would appear that these states are universal. An article about The Monroe Institute Programs published in The Wall Street Journal in 1994 noted: "One Gateway (residential program) alumnus and fan is Kai Sui Fung, the 91-year old head of the Zen Buddhist temple in Vancouver British Columbia. He believes that (Monroe Institute) Gateway students can reach meditation states in a week that took him years of sitting. His temple now uses audiotapes from the Monroe Institute as a training tool."

I have not been able to find any further information on this person or his temple, but this was back when I was more into Zen. I do see some parallels with the Phasing model and some of the Zen literature, but others I do not. Some of the things Frank has said recently about Focus 4 (about the feeling of having your body disintegrating and such) sound very much like what these people talk about what the enlightenment "experience" is.

I remember reading in some mystic literature about people warning against astral projecting because is was just a distraction and does not help towards the goal of enlightenment. The phasing model makes sense in that respect, because F2oC is supposed to be an area of your own mind and imagination, and also the area of astral projection.

I am glad someone has taken the time and gone through this slowly and scientifically, while also making the information on how to reproduce these states widely available. I have been practicing every morning, so hopefully within a year I will have first-hand knowledge of Focus 4 and be able to draw my own conclusions as to what this whole mess is about. I hope I didn't stray too far off the original topic, but I figured I would throw in my opinion.

Shinobi