Phasing By Relaxing Physical Body Question

Previous topic - Next topic

Ichigo

Anyone know from experience if it's possible to get to the vibration state or just to the state that you are able to leave the body by focusing on every body part, for example feet, relaxing them, (by inducing a release, sinking feeling) and move to the other feet... then legs... head... chest... hands... arms...

Doing this the whole session...

Is this counterproductive as your focus is still on the physical body by doing all that?

Another random question:

If you use the whole session of visualizing going from your room to some other places, visualizing feeling the material, hearing the sounds, putting all your senses in the visualization...

Won't this technique only give you lucid dreams? and not actually the experience of consicously going out of your body, in your room where you will see your physical body laying on bed, and from there you can go wherever you want?

Eventually you will appear in the place you visualized you walking and not feeling the seperation of your physical body next to your body?

Xanth

Quote from: Ichigo on March 14, 2016, 10:35:51
Is this counterproductive as your focus is still on the physical body by doing all that?
Nope.  It doesn't matter what you focus on, just so long as you can focus on that one thing to the exclusion of everything else going on around you.

QuoteIf you use the whole session of visualizing going from your room to some other places, visualizing feeling the material, hearing the sounds, putting all your senses in the visualization...

Won't this technique only give you lucid dreams? and not actually the experience of consicously going out of your body, in your room where you will see your physical body laying on bed, and from there you can go wherever you want?

Eventually you will appear in the place you visualized you walking and not feeling the seperation of your physical body next to your body?
"Lucid Dreams" don't exist.  There's no objective experience as a "lucid dream".
What this WILL do is bring you into the non-physical with a varying level of awareness.

You're too stuck on labels. 

Ichigo

Thanks! I forgot something else to ask which has been on my mind:

Usually one will first "phase" and then try an exit method ... If it fails the whole progress of getting out is ruined and need to try again next time (that's what I keep hearing from people)

But why is that? It's not like you move your physical body when performing an exit technique....

With that in mind, why do people not repeatedly do some exit method the whole time until you get out?

Astralsuzy

If you keep relaxing more and more you will get vibrations or slip out of your body as you are so relaxed.   It has happened to me many times.

Szaxx

Keep the mind awake and let the body fall asleep.  That's it in a nutshell.
I focus on the noises and can be elsewhere in a min or two.
Keeping focussed on something will keep the mind awake. Using anything without interacting will let the body fall asleep and I find it easier to notice anything connected with the sensation of phasing is the noises.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Ichigo

Quote from: Astralsuzy on March 14, 2016, 23:12:16
If you keep relaxing more and more you will get vibrations or slip out of your body as you are so relaxed.   It has happened to me many times.

When I relax my mind and body, especially my body, my attention is on the physical body... from your experience, is it ok to relax body while feeling physical body such as hands, feet, chest, neck, head?

If not... how I relax without attention on physical body?

Xanth

Quote from: Ichigo on March 14, 2016, 12:58:09
Thanks! I forgot something else to ask which has been on my mind:

Usually one will first "phase" and then try an exit method ... If it fails the whole progress of getting out is ruined and need to try again next time (that's what I keep hearing from people)

But why is that? It's not like you move your physical body when performing an exit technique....

With that in mind, why do people not repeatedly do some exit method the whole time until you get out?
"Phasing" *IS* the exit. 

Like most people, you're confused as to what it is exactly you're trying to accomplish.
Try this article:  http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2015/01/21/design-effective-astral-projection-technique/

All a "method" or "technique" does for you is provide a focus for you to use to move your awareness away from this physical reality.
ALL techniques and methods are the same in this manner.

Ichigo

Quote from: Xanth on March 15, 2016, 12:17:43
"Phasing" *IS* the exit. 

Like most people, you're confused as to what it is exactly you're trying to accomplish.
Try this article:  http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2015/01/21/design-effective-astral-projection-technique/

All a "method" or "technique" does for you is provide a focus for you to use to move your awareness away from this physical reality.
ALL techniques and methods are the same in this manner.

Youre right I am confused and unsettled on what method to use because I feel there are so much contractions.

Some group say while laying still you need to move your attention away from feeling the physical body to make the transition happen
Some other group offers methods that make you still feel the physical system such as relaxing every inch of your body, feel the warmth, the comfort...
(if the point is to move awareness away from this physical reality, won't the latter be counterproductive, since feeling your physical body, such as hands, feet, breath, head, neck, or wherever on your body your attention jumps to, just make you stay in physical reality?)

both are contracting each other...

If both groups are correct... why to use any method at all? why not just lay still with being aware of whatever arises including feeling your physical body and that's it? how can this go wrong assuming you are not tired and there is no chance of falling asleep either?

Xanth

Quote from: Ichigo on March 15, 2016, 12:36:20
Youre right I am confused and unsettled on what method to use because I feel there are so much contractions.

Some group say while laying still you need to move your attention away from feeling the physical body to make the transition happen
Some other group offers methods that make you still feel the physical system such as relaxing every inch of your body, feel the warmth, the comfort...
(if the point is to move awareness away from this physical reality, won't the latter be counterproductive, since feeling your physical body, such as hands, feet, breath, head, neck, or wherever on your body your attention jumps to, just make you stay in physical reality?)

You've nailed it.
All of the information floating around out there is VERY contradictory.

You kind of have to sift through the information to find the good needle in the haystack, but that is EXTREMELY hard when you don't even know what the needle looks like, nor do you know what the haystack looks like.  Don't worry too much about it though, because we've ALL been there.  We ALL started somewhere on this journey.  :)

QuoteIf both groups are correct... why to use any method at all? why not just lay still with being aware of whatever arises including feeling your physical body and that's it? how can this go wrong assuming you are not tired and there is no chance of falling asleep either?
Now you're starting to ask the right questions!  :)

You have to use some kind of "focus" (which is your method/exercise), otherwise just lying there doing nothing won't give you any results.  You still need to actively push your awareness away from this physical reality and you do this using your "focus".  The "method" you choose to use provides you with that focus.

Some examples of a "focus":

- Rope technique has you create an imaginary rope which you use to climb out of your body
- In a silent room, you can (or should be able to) hear a "sound" (I call the sound of no-sound), you can use that sound as you focus
- The mental rundown, you can choose to evoke a "scene" which you bring your entire awareness into that scene by engaging as many "senses" as you can into it, the creation and engagement is your focus

Does that make more sense now?  :)

soki

QuoteSome group say while laying still you need to move your attention away from feeling the physical body to make the transition happen

When people talk about relaxing every inch of your body, or feeling warmth in your limbs, they want to show you how to relax. Those are not techniques, they are what comes before using one. It's only used in order to relax your body at first, nothing more. It can be good to use those the first 5 or 10 minutes max at the beginning of your session in order to achieve a relaxed mental state and then from there, deepen it. You HAVE to move your awareness away from your physical body, whether by using sounds like Szaxx says, or use your mental imagery (those images or scenarios you see in your head). In other words, use anything that suits you in order to relax your body. It can be feeling the sun on your skin, feeling you are tangled by waves or you are falling backwards. Those are all ways some people use to relax and that's it. Yes it focuses on your body, thus it can't be used as a proper technique. Once you are in a relaxed state,you can begin using a technique that will DRAG YOUR AWARENESS AWAY FROM YOUR PHYSICAL BODY. You must forget you are in the room trying to AP. You'll notice as the mind drifts away (from the body), you won't be able to tell in which position your limbs are. You won't feel them the way you usually do. That is losing awareness of your body. You'll know when you get there don't worry, and it's not hard. Keep practicing.

QuoteIf both groups are correct... why to use any method at all? why not just lay still with being aware of whatever arises including feeling your physical body and that's it? how can this go wrong assuming you are not tired and there is no chance of falling asleep either?

Think it will be a little more clarified in your mind now. To make it a little clearer I'll try and explain what comes from my practice but these are only thoughts and my opinion following what I experienced and should be taken as such. First, if you are not tired at all you will be able to achieve AP but it will be difficult. Because in order to get there, your body HAS TO GO TO SLEEP while your mind stays awake. The reality you want to ''reach'', or better said ''focus on'', is the dream reality. Dreams, lucid dreams, AP etc. Those are all the same for me. They're all part of the same reality, the non-physical. And when do you get to experience that reality without even trying? Each and every night when you are sleeping. Even if you don't remember, you dream every night, it's a natural process of the brain. Having a good dream memory is important in order to remember your non-physical experiences. Dreams are part of the same reality as AP, that is why when you practice phasing or whatever you wanna call it, your dream memory gets better and better. You get more connected with that reality if you will. That's why you can read people stating that they are having more dreams as they improve their practice.

So, if you want to experience the non-physical reality, the same that you experience in your dreams when you sleep, what should you do? Well, go to sleep. The only difference here is that you want to experience it while being aware, from the beginning until the end. You'll have to go through the same sleep process you go through every night to have dreams, but consciously. Then you would be in the non-physical, but with your waking awareness, right? That is the reason you want your body to go sleep (get to the dream state), and your mind to stay awake (experience it while having your waking awareness). You won't be able to do so if you focus on your physical senses.

Hope it helps with what follows for you. There's a lot of information on how to get your mind to stay awake while your body goes to sleep on the forum. Now that you probably understand more about it, find a technique you are comfortable with, and practice. Get used to all the subtleties you will encounter in the states you get into while relaxing into the non-physical. The more you experience about it, the closer you get to your goals. Good continuation and keep us posted!

Astralsuzy

Quote from: Ichigo on March 15, 2016, 09:15:09
When I relax my mind and body, especially my body, my attention is on the physical body... from your experience, is it ok to relax body while feeling physical body such as hands, feet, chest, neck, head?

If not... how I relax without attention on physical body?
This is awkward for me to say as other people say you must forget your physical body.   If I did not feel my physical body I would miss out on aping a lot.   When I am out of my body that is when I try to forget my body.   When you are very relaxed it is a good idea to try to do an ap technique to get out of your body.   If it does not work you need to get more relaxed.     

Lumaza

Quote from: Ichigo on March 15, 2016, 12:36:20

Some people feel more comfortable with one way over the other. You need to experiment and find what will work for you. The relaxation technique is mainly for preparation. It is called "Progressive Relaxation" and is used in many Meditation methods. There is another technique which focuses on the body that is known as NEW and it's a process developed by Robert Bruce.
The are some great techniques to be found here in the stickies (threads in BOLD BLUE LETTERS) found here:
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness-b30.0/

...and yes some of them do contradict the other. That's why it is good to experiment and find your own personal technique. Use the ones you read as "guideline". But then develop or fine tune a method that works for you.

You will get to the point when you can do that. But first you need to jump the many hurdles that a beginner usually faces like "signposts" and the most important one, handling and confronting your "fears". You also have to change your "mindset" about a lot of things.

We are taught here in this "physical reality" that all there is is this "physical reality" But soon you will find out for yourself that there is much more to it then that. All your life you have been all in on "just" this physical reality. We all believed that Dreams were just Dreams because we were told that over and over again. We all were told that "imaginary beings" were just that. That training started early in our childhood. So, yes there is lot you will need to "unprogram/deprogram".  But only you can prove this to yourself.

I use many different techniques and have created many of my own as well. I find that some days I feel like doing one and other times I might feel like doing another. I have developed a new method to keep your mind active on different targets, while the shift occurs itself. I really enjoy experimenting as well. It makes it so this practice never gets "dull or boring". Sometimes I use a strong focused will and intent to see something or learn something. Other times I set the stage and just go with the flow, which by the way is still a intent as in the true meaning of the word.

Have fun with it. Sometimes people are too serious with this. They go into it with a "left brain" (analytical) mentality and they need to maintain constant control over a process that really is hard to "harness". There is nothing wrong with "analyzing" it. But do that "after" your session is completed. At the time it is important to just open yourself and stay aware of what's happening. I find it very important to log your results as well, no matter how trivial you may find them. In the future you will go back to those notes and they will be very helpful, especially if you find yourself stuck and at a standstill.

Edit: This recent thread here is example of a new member's struggle with AP itself. There are many threads the same here that show many new people experience the same problems found there.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/randomness_i_need_help_with-t46495.0.html;msg361532#msg361532
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Ichigo

Thanks everyone! very helpful!

I have tried a few methods the past few days,
And the ones that brings the vibrations to me almost always is either repeating a mantra OR just "being" and "aware" seeing thoughts go by and pass away without moving ofcourse..

One time I got the vibrations after a practice, but only few hours later after I went to sleep normally and woke up and realized I was out of my body.

Yesterday at night 11 PM, (yeah I know the chances are much lower during those times even though I still get vibrations, so it's still practice for me)
I just was being "aware" and then in my mind's eye I saw a hand, I asked for it to grab me out of body... then vibrations hitted me and I felt being shifted to my "dream body" a couple of times, it's like I am bounching between my physical and dream body rapidly... I tried an exit technique (I probably should have not done that as it didnt work anyway) and just continue to do whatever I did, as it might have been more stable and put me out of body without anything to do on my part...

soki

You are really close! When you get those mental scenes (like the hand), just relax and stay interested in noticing them, but no more! Just notice, that is the key to be able to let go. Keep your interest in them but I would suggest not trying to alter the process since you are not used to experiment all of it for now. As you will get more relaxed while watching those scenarios, they will get clearer and clearer until it really is as if you were watching the scene on a hd television. Then relax a little more, don't think too much, just keep enough awareness to stay interested in the scenes. You should soon be a part of them and they'll become your new environment.

Lumaza

Ichigo, the goal isn't to get "vibrations". The vibrational stage is a signpost that "some" may experience. The goal is to get past them.

When I hear someone talking often about the vibrations, I can tell that they are still too "physically" focused. That will always hinder a successful AP/shift.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Ichigo

Yeah! My second obe in 8 days!

I woke up at 4 am, stayed up for 5 min..
Went back.to.sleep , unfortunely once I m awake I have a hard time falling asleep (so I wont use this kind of techniques next time) anyway eventually I dozed off and into a dream and woke up from that dream in my bed, I felt I was in some Kind of other conscious state so I tried an exit techniquel like imaging myself and feeling that I am rolling out of body, didn't work so I tried imaging myself walking out of my bed, didn't work. So I tried actually physically getting up from bed like actually using my physical body to get up (at that that I wasn't sure if I would actually get up as a physical body or as a dream, but I gave it a shot anyway, since I remember that at my first obe I actually moved my dream body like I would move my physically body, not by imaging what it feels like and doing it). It worked!. And to make sure I actually got up as a dream body instead of physical I looked back to my bed and saw myself sleeping.
Then I explored my house and using stability techniques to stable myself. Everything was as real as physical, even more.vivid than that!

I am still trying to figure out what I felt when I felt I was ready to try an exit technique. I felt my mind was in some waking state but I have a hard time putting my finger down what it was like exactly and why I though that maybe I could actually use this state to get out

I think at the time when I tried to get up as a physical body and actually my subtle body was the one moving, at the point that I woke up from the dream on my bed,I was already out and shifted in my subtle body, which means imagining is just pointless and all I got to do is moving as I physically would, it either success and get out as subtle body or move my physical body. it's a surprise :P

It is my opinion that both times I went out of body was by mere intention alone... both of them I woke up from sleep and stand up from bed in hope I would move out as a subtle body... in both times I tried to apply a certain technique, while they failed in some way, the intention of wanting to OBE gives me incredible "awareness" to want to see myself seeing the progress of leaving the body while falling asleep in some way. since I believe astral projection isn't something you induce, it happens everytime you go to sleep, just without objective awareness

soki

Good job! Keep it going! But watch out though it could be a bad thing trying to wait for the sensation you get when close to being out of body. Many people fail their attempts because they wait for something to happen and it breaks up the good state of mind. Don't wait for something to happen, you'll know when you're ready. Congrats!