News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Phasing Progress?

Previous topic - Next topic

Slider

I think I could be making progress, please give me your opinions.

So I've been reading Frank's post lately on Phasing, maybe ΒΌ of the way through so far.  I actually think I may have encountered some of the early signs of projections years ago before I knew what they were.

Anyway, I believe I got further last night then I ever have!  Years ago when I was completely relaxed I would get the point where I would see a stray light ball almost like a shooting star.  Then my eyes would try to follow it and that would be the end of it.  Also in those years I learned to get to a point where I can relax my whole body in 5 minutes or less without really trying too hard.  I guess that stayed with me as I can still do it now.

Now last night I was relaxed and had my eyes/attention focused upward (comfortable enough without straining).  I was trying (not very hard though) imagining a couple of power tools that I'm thinking of buying.

Then maybe after 10 minutes of this whamo I'm engulfed in all kinds of various colored fog, mists and energy!  I'm tried remaining calm but being the first time this happen my mind was like, where am I at, what is next, etc.

So I could feel fear creeping up a few times and I would remind myself that I couldn't be hurt and anything scary is brought on by me.  The colors continued to swirl and I swear it was in 3D but it really wasn't black because I was in the midst of colored fog/energy.  At one point I swear I saw hundreds of neon blue faces in agony.

So I tried to use intent (I think) calling for a guide and clarity, over and over but nothing seemed to happen.  I figure I excited myself right back to the physical.  I did however at one point (ever so briefly) feel a complete feeling of warm/peace/tranquility.

Then I started losing the color and back to 2D blackness.  I tried to calm down and when I thought it was becoming lighter and that I was going back I actually had opened my eyes looking at the ceiling and I was back in the physical.  I know I was in the physical because I tapped the floor, the wall and went and made a sandwich!   :lol:

Not sure how I opened my eyes, maybe I let my attention fall back down?

Anyway, I think that was a good small baby step as they would say.  Hopefully the next time I get to that point I would be more calm and get further.  I just wonder when I come out of the 3D color (blackness?) if I end up in the so called "Training Ground" that Frank spoke of and if so that is where you need to keep the lid on your emotions?

This whole experience was within a 20 minute period.

Would appreciate and comments, additions or advice to this exciting (almost) first trip!

Thanks!

Scott

Naykid

QuoteI know I was in the physical because I tapped the floor, the wall and went and made a sandwich!  :lol:
:lol: :lol:

You were experiencing exactly what you should have!  I don't know what else you could do from this point on that you didn't do already.  You just didn't achieve the ultimate, but I bet you will.  Don't go changing anything right now.  Try this tech a few more times and you should be well on your way.  I've noticed that people will try too many techniques in a small time period.  That's not helpful, in fact it will hinder your going forward.

Good luck and congrats!!

Slider

Now I'm bummed...  :|

The last two nights of attempts I got to 2D blackness swirls only before coming back to the physical.

I'm assuming I'm getting all worked up and excited at that stage which is bringing me back.

Where as the first time I was immersed in swirling clouds of colored vapor I was just laid back and let it happen.

I'm assuming excited expectations are different then just calm intent?  Thoughts?

Scott

Xanth

Correct.  :)
Getting excited will increase your "physical" bodily responses.  This is counter productive.

The more you practice and the more you experience these altered states, the more familiar you'll become with them and the less excited you'll feel.
Just try to remain calm throughout and you'll do fine.  You're doing great as it is!

It sounds like you're hitting Focus 12.
Can you expand more on how you feel when you're viewing these swirls?

Slider

Well I'm only 3 tries into it.

The first time I was just relaxed and let things happen.  That is when I got into the 3D foggy colored swirls.  It actually lasted longer than I expected considering it was the first time I ever got to that point.

The second and third time when I started getting to the 2D stray energy and swirls I was a little more excited with probably thoughts like, ".....it's starting, here it comes".  Even though I was trying to calm down and relax at the time, I'm sure that didn't work and brought me back.

Hopefully I can get back to that first time where I can just let it happen!

Xanth

Quote from: Slider on December 15, 2010, 10:30:19
The first time I was just relaxed and let things happen.  That is when I got into the 3D foggy colored swirls.  It actually lasted longer than I expected considering it was the first time I ever got to that point.
3D foggy colored swirls, that definitely sounds like Focus 12 to me.
You're doing well for being new at this.  :)

From there, it's just a matter of staying calm and keep doing what you're doing.  :)

Slider

I gave a good run at OBE maybe 5 years ago for 3 months or so.  But I didn't really know what I was doing, just trying meditate, listen to soft classical music and calm my mind.

I did get rising sensations, brief star like, 2D energy swirls and some glimpses of architectural textures.  Since I didn't know what I was doing I assume my eyes would try to get a look see(not knowing to try and hold your focus upward a bit).

But for the past few weeks I've been plowing through Frank's post (about 400 in) and Monday night is when I really first tried since 5 years ago.  That is when I expereinced the 3d colored swirls for fog and energy.  I wasn't really trying anything , just trying to hold my attention upward and visualizing power tools.   :roll:

But the last 2 nights I only got the 2D and probably too excited and back to the physical.

Oh well....I'll keep trying and try to remain calm.

Thanks!

Xanth

Hey Slider,

I think you might benefit from reading these:
http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/2010/11/18/post-focus-frank/
and
http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/2010/11/24/post-focus-focus-10-and-12/

They're a couple posts of Frank where he's talking about Focus 10 and 12.
I copied them over there and added some of my own commentary.  :)

Slider

Xanth,

I'll check it out after work tonight!

Thanks!

Scott

Major Tom

Hi Scott,

Its sounds like you were likely at the borderline of fous 21, or the void, as I prefer to call it.

Once you reach it, there is really no mistaking that you did. It is an extremely detached state, and you are in fact ``out`` of body at that point.

The sequence of events you are describing is the transition phase from focus to 10 to focus 21.

I used to have long discussions with Frank on these forums on the intermediate stages, leading up to focus 21, until we finally both gave up, since there was no sense to it, except that weird sh* happens in between focus 10 and 21. These days, I got bit of a better idea.

In a nutshell, anything in between, call it focus 12 or whatever you want, can also be 3D with various symbols, light effects and colors and so forth.

At the end of the occurence of these effects, however, something else will open up, which essentially is the completion of the effects you describe. This is the void.

However, in order to enter an out of body environment the entire process will repeat itself! That is, all those effects you describe happen again, before you actually enter an out of body envitonment.

This time, however, you will experience those effects while already completely detached from the physical.

Now, that`s only when you slow the process down. Usually, the entire process goes lightning quick, and slowing it down is about as difficult as flying a jet fighter near stalling speed. So I wouldn`t worry too much about it.

Most people end up in an out of body environment not sure how they got there, which is both the result of skipping some in between steps and lack of overall control during the transition.

The void is though reponsive, but it is not that thought responsive.

The transition from focus 10 to focus 12 is actually far more volatile in this respect, so you`ll likely find yourself in clear waters once you reach the void. You already shown that to yourself during the transition sofar.

Controlling your emotions is key, however, which can act as a very strong catalyst in making an environment appear.

Fred

Xanth

Awesome Major Tom!
That's some very keen insight!
Much appreciated!  :)

Pauli2

Quote from: Major Tom on December 15, 2010, 13:44:29
I used to have long discussions with Frank on these forums on the intermediate stages, leading up to focus 21, until we finally both gave up, since there was no sense to it, except that weird sh* happens in between focus 10 and 21. These days, I got bit of a better idea.

Excellent writing, thanks.

Now my question, did you ever do partnered exploration with Frank to figure out where he went?
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Major Tom

Quote from: Pauli2 on December 15, 2010, 15:00:42
Excellent writing, thanks.

Now my question, did you ever do partnered exploration with Frank to figure out where he went?

I visited him a couple of times in the out of body state, but it was not partnered.

This was before he decided to call it quits. I haven`t tried since then.

Pauli2

Quote from: Major Tom on December 15, 2010, 15:07:16
I visited him a couple of times in the out of body state, but it was not partnered. That`s nearly impossible, if possible at all.

You mean in the RTZ? Or did you meet him beyond Focus 22?

Quote from: Major Tom on December 15, 2010, 15:07:16
This was before he decided to call it quits. I haven`t tried since then.

Do you mean that you think Frank quit any astral travels/phasing?

People seems to have been looking for him, since Sep 2005. Is there any special reason you haven't tried to contact Frank?
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Major Tom

It`s a question I have been getting a lot these days.

Frank simply left the forums and called it quits, whatever his reasons were. He probably got bored with the playpen.

Of course, then what usually follows: "How do you know that?", Do you have any proof of that?".

I can't answer that.

There were many people involved with the forums at the time who also knew Frank quite well, and whom I knew quite well in return. It would be wrong if I were to speak for them and everything I heard over time.

The OBEs you asked about occured in both RTZ and elsewhere.

But like I said, that was all before I left here as moderator. Frank left not so long after.

Slider

Quote from: Xanth on December 15, 2010, 14:22:40
Awesome Major Tom!
That's some very keen insight!
Much appreciated!  :)

Yes, thank you very much for your links and insights.

I'll be doing lots of reading in these forums while continuing to plug away at it.

Scott

Major Tom

Good luck Slider.

Make sure to keep it flowing naturally. The knowledge gets in the way very easily.

You already did it before in some form, or another, and therefore some part of you knows how-to already.

Cya around in the void.

Slider

Yes...I'm finding keeping it flowing natural and not trying too hard.........hard.   :-P

Like you said, I've had it happen once before I just need to get to that ho-hum relaxed attitude.

I got to the 2D swirls again last night then lost it, next thing I knew I was sleeping.

I am not a morning person at all so I try at night before I go to bed.  I also seem to wake up 5 times a night.  Maybe I'll try after one of those times I wake up.

Scott

Major Tom

Quote from: Slider on December 16, 2010, 09:26:44
I also seem to wake up 5 times a night.  Maybe I'll try after one of those times I wake up.

I would definately do that...each and everytime you wake up.

Putting a number on it, it is around five times harder to project before sleep, than it is to project after waking in the middle of the night.

Slider

I definitely remember a few times after going back to bed around 5 AM from one of my wake ups, seeing vivid archaic symbols flashing all over the place.

....but I wasn't interested in pursuing 'phasing' or 'obe' at the time.

I'll definitely give that a try over the weekend, as I get up for work at 5:30 AM during the week.

Scot

Slider

Last night was interesting.  I was at a point where I had lost maybe 90% of the sensation in my body.  When I felt a small shift take place then my mind kind of felt like it was bobbing around on some body of water.  I was in (what I assume) was 3D blackness and I would describe it as an inky, liquidity state....if that makes sense.  It also got the sense of 100's of little tenticles moving all around me stroking my brain.  A more accurate description would be like if your head was trying to move forward through a huge vat of black spagehetti where the strands are as big as your fingers!  All squiggly and wiggly....sorry but that is as best as I can describe it.!   :-D

So I tried Intent (not sure how to do this yet), but maybe I was to physical and analytical with this part as it seemed to bring me back to the physical.  So I did settle myself down and just allowed things to happen and ressuared myself that everything was OK.  I probably spent 3 - 5 minutes just floating around in this 3D spaghetti environment.  Then the stray energy or colored fog appeared, but it was very sporadic an no where near as intense as in my first post of this thread.  Then for some reason I was back in the physical.

I'm not a morning person so when I did wake up in the middle of the night I just rolled over and went back to sleep.  I'm going to need to work on trying to phase when I wake up at these times.  That or try to become lucid one one of my dreams.  I do recall my dreams this morning fairly well, just need to work on recognizing when I'm dreaming.

Scott