Poll: New Forum for "Consciousness"

Previous topic - Next topic

density

quote:
Originally posted by Adrian:

There is much interest here on the use of so called "Hemi-sync" products from such as Monroe Institute, Brainwave Entrainment and others.

I don't know. I think it is a bit too specific. It might be interesting though to have a forum that aims at all OBE/lucid dreaming/meditation etc related products.
It would be interesting to know the opinions and ideas from people whow are not in OBE or LD.

Such a forum would be especially interesting if it were moderated with reviews and regular opinoin polls of discussed products.

A moderated forum of the same kind for OBE techniques would also be interesting I think.

"Minds are like parachutes. They only work when they are open."  -  unknown

"Real science can be far stranger than science fiction and much more satisfying."   - Stephen Hawking

Adrian

Greetings Density,

Thank you for your comments, and I agree with you. I have accordingly expanded the scope of the proposed forum to include all  products and methods relating to "Consciousness" including Hemi-Sync, meditation, LD etc..

With kind regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

n/a

Hi Adrian,

Hi Density,

How about: Product Review (Forum)
                                              OBE (Sub-category)
                                              LD
                                              AP
                                              etc

Book Review (Forum)
                                           OBE (Sub-category)
                                           LD
                                           AP
                                           etc

Website Review (Forum)
                                           Books (Member-assigned category)
                                           Audio
                                           Video
                                           Education
                                           etc

sapien

PS how do you set columns in the reply window?

"Nothing exists that has not first been conceived in the mind of a self-conscious entity":     writings attributed to Alice A. Bailey

k2sixx

Sapien, that may be too many seperate forums.  Perhaps 1 is all that is necessary.  I think the poster should include before or within the title, the kind of product: Book, Magazine, CD, hardware, etc.

lucid dancer

Adrian, How's it going? That is a good topic, but I don't think there are a lot of products out there for us. The things that come to mind are CDs, drugs and books. I don't think it'll get a lot of traffic. If we a had section for brainstorming GOALS, that would be cool! ...whatever  :)

density

I think a forum for "consciousness" related products is a good idea.  It would make it easy to find information on discussed products. In this forum it is impossible to do that as there are too many topics.
In the new forum the number of topics would never exceed say 100 and the time a topic could be discussed would be much longer.

I do not know how you see this though I think it is better to keep the number of topics low.

That would of course mean to have many different forums instead of two.

"Minds are like parachutes. They only work when they are open."  -  unknown

"Real science can be far stranger than science fiction and much more satisfying."   - Stephen Hawking

n/a

K2sixx, ultimately the ordering of categories is a matter of personal choice: Consciousness[Books] or Books[Consciousness]. I was trying to make less work for Adrian by suggesting category names that might anticipate future need.

Lucid dancer, I like the idea of brainstorming sessions - which, in embryo, is what this Topic is. Adrian, you name it and we'll think about it.

"Nothing exists that has not first been conceived in the mind of a self-conscious entity":     writings attributed to Alice A. Bailey

Tisha

Folks - - there are TONS of products out there - - - just one visit to a New Age shop or even the witchcrap section of your local huge bookstore will show you.   There is PLENTY to talk about!  Not just electronic media or books, but psy devices, divination tools, you name it.  I welcome a new forum on this issue.  What concerns me is what we should call it.

"Consciousness" is too vague . . . it seems to invite ontology discussions (i.e., theories and debates about the nature of being).  I will run screaming from THAT forum!

If I were Queen, I'd name the forum Tools of the Trade, or Props - - because that's what these products are!  Some people might take offence at "props," but I'm an irreverent sort willing to see things for what they are.  Don't get me wrong - - - I have props myself!

My only concern is that our topic sections don't overlap too much and cause confusion over where to post a question or topic.  Heaven knows there's too much confusion already.  Spirituality or Metaphysics?  What's the difference, anyway!  We could merge the two and I'd never notice the difference.

I'd like to see a forum for earthly BODY(health/food/relationships)  topics, as they relate to spirituality, dreaming, OBE, and the Good Life in general.  As my signature line suggests, what we do with our bodies during our waking moments really MATTERS if we are to be successfull in the Dream World or on the Astral.

Tisha

"As Above, So Below"
Tisha

andy

I too agree on there being a fourm set aside for "product enhancement"
or simply "products".
"Tools for the trade" is good too but it sounds as if im off to work,but,then again I am.
At any rate im with you Tisha on the name thing as "conciousness" to me sounds to "altered states".opposed to products.

I realise this is getting picky but its my take  (;

P.S just got Buhlmans "Chakra & Vibration tech C/D" The vibration side is super close to another recording ive heard from someone else long ago yet the name evades me(its the a.m & the cafe hasnt hit me yet) Sunshine produtions ring a bell anyone???
The old version was good for producing astral shifting while conciouss and that was it as soon after purchess it was eaten by my recorder.(praise jumping jolly jehova for the invention of C/Ds)
Anyways its really good from just a quick check and ill keep ya posted!

Peace!

Adrian

Greetings everyone!

I would just like to point out that "consciousness" is not just about "artificial tools". Indeed, hemi-sync is an excellent example of a very useful tool for achieveing a certain state of consciousness, but the objective should always be to go on to achieve and maintain that state reliably, and without any such tools, otherwise the user becomes dependant on the tool, which may eventually lose its effectivness. So, the proposed forum is not just about consciousness tools, but about consciousness generally.

The reason I believe this is so important, is because, as Frank for example has demonstrated, Astral experiences gained by way of raising or focussing awareness, are potentially much more useful than so called "Astral projection" or OBE which has more limited value. We can discuss the relative values of each another time.

But not only are we talking about the Astral realms, which are the next and closest realms to the physical, but also reaching towards the higher Spiritual realms - the Mental, Celestial and Cosmic, which can provide much more profound Spiritual experience and knowledge. In my opinion which should always seek to progress from our experiences, and utilise them as a basis for further Spiritual progression, rather than enjoy them purely for the recreational and/or novelty aspect, which is largely forgotten anyway.

This is why I am proposing a seperate sub-forum. This is not about Astral projection or OBE, but controlled reaching out and experience of the Astral and higher realms, how this might be accomplished and maintained, and the the experiences gained and benefits achieved.

With kind regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

lucid dancer

Adrian,        That sounds wonderful! Thank you so much for clarifying that. Can I change my vote to a YES?!

Blossom

I think all of this sounds like a good idea... For whatever reason.  I am here to learn and there are many topics I would like to read about.  

After my one experience and many many failed attempts at a repeat, I bought/tried a tape that was supposed to guarantee me an astral journey...... Need I say, it did not work.  It relaxed me, but that was all.

I still have it saved somewhere.  I call it my brainwave tape.  I think a forum that dealt with only these types of products would get very repetitive however. It would either work or it wouldn't.  I can't comment on the hemi-sync products because I not familiar with them and have only done slight reading about the Monroe institute.  I will have to look that up.  

But a forum discussing the higher realms, reaching them, and maintaining awareness would be excellent. I would definately enjoy that.  And as Adrian seems extremely knowledable, I see some great imput here by him...  

Another reason I think this would be interesting to me is because I have read much in the last year and have always felt that somehow during my one experience that I tapped into something more than just a lower level... I don't know how I did it but I want to do it again.  It is hard to find places that have information about the upper levels and to be able to learn with people that have reached these higher levels would be great.  Everyone talks about flying and I couldn't during my one time because I didn't have a body and I became afraid.  I am not sure if this is good or bad from a novice point of view.  I have not flown around my physical world and may never do so, but I have seen a place that doesn't exist here in the world as I know it.  Nothing was the same as here that I see with my physical eyes. That why this would be a good forum topic.  I could learn here. I might could understand what happened to me.

Just my 2cents..Blossom
p.s.  I voted yes.

Just wanting to learn....
~~Blossom~~

-----------
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there."
In Alice in Wonderland by 'Cheshire Cat'

Maxicola

Wow, it's amazing how I came to this forum this day to find the post about Hemi-sync.

Ok, I'd like to tell you guys that today on Sept 14th, at 1AM EST, I will be leading a discussion on Hemi-sync

it will be in a chatroom on IRC, you can link to the chatroom through this site here

http://www30.brinkster.com/altairmax by clicking on Chat Now

i hope lots of people will come, you are all invited :)

L&L
Max

http://www30.brinkster.com/altairmax - IRC DalNet Spiritual Chatroom

Adrian

Greetings everyone,

Thanks very much for your votes and feedback http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

It looks as if this new forum is going to happen, but there appears to be some valid concern about its "focus" (excuse the pun) - and I would therefore welcome suggestions as to what the forum should be called.

This new forum - which will in any case be a sub-forum under the general OBE subject  - will not be about OBE per se - we have two subjects on that already.

The focus is very much in raising "consciousness" or "awareness" to "tune" into the various higher spheres - and not just the Astral, which collectively is the lowest range of spheres (I would suggest 7) in the lowest vibrational range beyond the physical and etheric.. Above those we have the "Mental", "Celestial" and "Cosmic" spheres, none of which can be reached by OBE or Astral projection, but all of which are exceptionally important in the grand scheme of things.  All of the Astral spheres are similar in many respects to the physical world, and indeed is why they exist for those that pass on from the physical. The Astral sphere also contains a vast array of other entities ranging from elementaries, through the beings of the elements, to extremely high intelligencies which are involved with the evolution of mankind. So expereinces with these would be most valuable as well.

Accordingly, this forum must focus on the entire issue of achieving meaningful communion and communication with all spheres beyond the physical, and with the objective of benefitting tangibly and permanently from the experience.

To those ends, the work of Monroe is extremely important, but by no means exclusive. The entire field of hemi-sync generally is very important but not exclusive.

With those caveats and guidlines, your further comments are most welcome on the basis that this forum is required and will be created accordingly.

With best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

jeff

Hi All,

I have concerns about promoting and disseminating information about these tools only because NO TOOLS ARE NECESSARY to produce any altered state of consciousness.  
I would like to see people learning to control all non-conventional states/altered states by using their will power, developing their energetic control and not by relying on crutches which sooner or later on serve to weaken the individual resolve of the person.  Very soon you have people saying but I can not work with my energies or have OBEs if I do not sit in a certain way, listen to certain music, or eat when its 12:04 (AM or PM). :)

We need to find approaches which strengthen people not weaken them and make them dependant upon some thing (tapes, CD's, crystals, etc.)

I do agree that a section of books and quality information (methods for e.g.) that teach people how to do these things would be a worthwhile investment of time and energy.

In addition I  think it is possible to go to any dimension or place - typically what is required is increased maturity and a high degree of ethics (in the case of the more evolved dimensions - whatever name we may wish to apply to them) and although you find people more or less evolved (or with greater or lesser lucidity) I am yet to see consciousnesses (entities) in a different line of evolution e.g. elementals, angels.  Although there's lots of very different looking creatures we are all evolving, just at different levels of maturity and evolution.

Think Big, no limits.

Kind Regards,
Jeff

Adrian

Greetings Jeff!

You make some excellent points.

The proposed forum is not just about hemi-sync CD's and so on. It is intended to be rather focus on alternative, and potentially far higher quallty of interaction with the Astral realms than is the case for conventional "OBE" which is encompassed in the other forums. Specifically would focus on "raised consciousness or awareness" to full interaction level.

Frank has been engaged in some exceptional work on this, and indeed Monroe himself seemed to recognise that the "focus" technique is far more effective than OBE,and that is what his later work was dedicated to.

Of course, we cannot overlook the fact that CD's can be an excellent training tool for this work - with the objective of attaining it without the CD at all.

Also - the associated possibilities for us to start working with and investigating "Astral portals" are immense. I do think there are great possibilities here for all of us, and would be the most appropriate forum to focus this on.

With best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Adrian

Greetings everyone!

There is much interest here on the use of so called "Hemi-sync" products from such as Monroe Institute, Brainwave Entrainment and others for altered states of consciousness, meditation, LD etc..

Do you would think it would be useful to have a separate forum subject under the general "Out of Body Experiences" heading to deal specifically with products, methods etc. for achieving these consciousness states?

This would be a third category under OBE Discussions and OBE Experiences.

With kind regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas