projection in the presence of pets?

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishop

I am a total newbie to the world of astral projection, and I haven't had any success at it yet. Which is why I decided to post this possibly absurd question before wasting any valuable practice time...

Obviously, having a pet running around the room is distracting, and the simple thing to do would be to shut that pet out of whatever room I'm attempting to project in.

But say, for instance, my cat is asleep on top of me...   not moving or working her claws into my skin or anything... just chillin on my stomach while I'm attempting to leave my body.

Do you think the presence of the cat could somehow interfere with my attempt?
Get hold of the main thing: That the world and the self are one and perfect. Only your attitude is faulty and needs readjustment.

Creo

Some of my friends who practice AP described me many times how their pets react on astral projection. Some cats at first time will be frightened of astral travaler, because they can see and feel astral bodies, so I wouldn't recommend you any attempts with your cat sleeping on you, because I'm not sure that you can even imagine what a terrified cat can do, one time I saw how i little half savage cat injured a woman when it didn't expected her to appear so close (the cat was sleeping)... I can't forget all that blood... Imagine that you cat will first time feel (or see) an astral object and it will appear right under it.

Sorry that I can't say you about how do pets affect on astral projection, newer tried to do it when a cat was sleeping on me :) But I'm sure you should try first time withou a pet in your room.

Bishop

Get hold of the main thing: That the world and the self are one and perfect. Only your attitude is faulty and needs readjustment.

Canicula

hey bishop, my dog sleeps with me in the bed sometimes and i project with her several times a year. i haven't noticed any problems trying to project while having an animal presence. i also have a pet lizard that has joined me in obe a few times!

Bishop

Thanks for sharing that with me.

I don't think having my cat around is really going to hinder the process at all, unless she notices my astral body floating upward and does something to wake me up or break my concentration. However, I have decided to put her outside the room while I'm practicing, at least for a while, because I live with two or three other college-type roomies and quiet time is scarce. Also, I'm genuinely afraid of what my cat could do if I really startled her...   I don't know if it's running around on tile floor all day or what, but her claws are the sharpest of any cat I've ever had and I don't want any more scars.   :-P

Gandalf

I have observed that my dog noticed me on once occasion when I had a projection and I floated through to the kitchen. He looked up and wagged his tail. For him it was nothing out of the ordinary, it was just me. The fact of whether I have a body or not doesnt seem to matter!

I think this is why animals can react to other 'presences'. As far as they are concerned, they have detected an intruder, whether physical or not.
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Clarky

I've projected before and floated through my door and saw our cat on the top set of stairs so I floated up to her face, she looked round and freaked out and ran downstairs.  On returning, I went downstairs to the toilet and she was in the kitchen at her food bowl.  Another time she was layed down on the end of my bed and as I was projecting trying to roll out, she jumped off my bed and started scratching on the door wanting to get out so I willed myself back and let her out.  :-(

I've read that animals can see spirits but if this is the case then id expect our cat to be constantly looking around staring at them? 

owenp185

I dont think cats can visibly see spirits i just think they can sense them like using intuition. This has gave me an idea as where i live theres 2cats 2rabits and fish in pond next time i project im gonna try and see if any react to my presence.

Awakened_Mind

Well it's hard to explain the visual sense. For example, if you hide from your dog and call it does it search for you with it's eyes or it's nose? Cat's and or other animals may have senses that are always active that allows them to pick up on spirits. It's impossible to really take the issue and say yes or no.

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

3-mortalit33

Sometimes when I project, I go through the living room area, which is where the bird is. He seems to react to my presence by chirping loudly and going crazy flying all over the cage.

Selski

Last week, I had a projection when my Mum's dog was asleep on the bed with me. 

I started swaying (second body) and was a bit worried about whether he would be comfortable with this.  He didn't seem to notice anything unusual and I went on my way, leaving him in bed with the physical me.

I wonder if animals are so used to projectors, they don't mind.  Maybe we all project every night and it's simply that the majority don't remember.

I've seen animals before during projections, but I've never been able to verify whether they were physical animals or not.

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

CFTraveler

I used to keep my cats out of my room when I wanted to project, especially my girl cat, because when she was a kitten she used to attack whatever chakra I was working on.
However, (last week or two weeks ago) I projected with her.  It wasn't easy because she was on my lap while I was on my recliner and the projection reflex came when I was completely awake, so I had to do a projection technique without moving, and when I finally came out and flew around everything was different and navigation was difficult.  I'm guessing that my perceptions were modified by her perceptions.  It was really cool, though it didn't last long.

Old Dood

http://www.beyondzebra.com/animals.shtml

This Lady is very good at 'talking/communicating' with pets....
Time will Tell...
MY SPECIAL PURPOSE

jason

a few yrs ago I had a projection at a house which had a cat.I had an extremely vivid & strange projection involving a 2-headed astral dragon which came through a black void of some kind.It showed me a symbol & kind of etching type of picture which was it's name.I escaped it by flying straight up into higher dimensions.It knew I had to come back at some point though, because it was waiting right beside my body.I leaped into my body & I could hear him/it chuckling softly.

I got up & said the usual "holy crap!" after a good projection.Then, the cat (orange,named Morris, & incredibly intelligent & friendly) didn't walk into my room as happily as usual.Morris was very,very nervous, & looking around constantly as if watching for something.

Then, morris literally leaped straight into the air about 2-3 feet, & bolted out the door (extremely unusual).It took me 3 solid months to get him to come back into my room, & he was never quite as comfortable there ever again. This,from a cat which would normally claw at my closed door to get into my room to visit me every day.
The musical conciousness is mind beneath the sun.

Synergy

Think of it this way,.... its believed that we all astrally project every night when we sleep anyway... So I'm sure your cat has probably seen you out of body anyway.
My Site: SPIRIT-QUEST An OBE community w/ mbr jrnls, ebook lib, music dlds, video, forum & more! 
Read my free 105 pg OBE E-Book

David Warner

Bishop,

Just recently, I video taped myself along with my Scottish Terrier "Leroy Brown" resting on the bed. Yes, pets do pick-up and can communicate while one is out of the body. Please review the document and check out the video along with it.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_experiences/date_october_22_2007_the_bravest_face_validation-t26964.0.html

Tvos
InvisibleLight - Book Release 12.12.2012
www.invisiblelight.us