Questions about getting from noticing -> phasing

Previous topic - Next topic

TurtleSnake

G'day everybody,

So I've began practicing again after realizing from Franks work that eight years ago I was that close to phasing for the first time (However the falling rush made me wake up and throw up).

Last night I began again. I started noticing, the "energy" pulses came along, the darkness started to take on a 3D look and I began to see faint silhouettes, first of an eye looking right at me, moving back and forward a little, then the of a man facing away from me. I am reasonably certain that my eyes where relaxed and I don't think that I was "looking through them" so to speak. I began trying to move my consciousness up, back, twisting left and right (I feel like, well, a tension probably a few centimetres behind the bridge of my nose), but I was unable to go any further.

Any advice on next steps? I'm reading through Franks posts (Cheers Xanth for the summary) but I wouldn't mind some feedback from people successfully using the same noticing method.

Cheers.

Xanth

Hi TurtleSnake!

You're very welcome for the Frank-summary pdf.  It was my pleasure.  :)

It sounds like you're doing the "Noticing" exercise.  The idea of the "Noticing" exercise is to bring your awareness more and more within the blackness in front of you.  The visuals you see, and the associated shift you feel mark the beginning of Focus 12.  From there, you don't need to move your consciousness anywhere... that's something you'd do in a classic obe separation case... with noticing and phasing, you're not doing that.  Simply keep "noticing"... deeper and deeper within the "visuals" you're seeing.  You COULD say that you're moving your consciousness into the 3D Blackness... but you're just deepening your noticing.

Eventually you'll start to make out shapes of things...
You could start a visualization around this time too... more than likely if you do this, you'll end up within the visualized scenario.  Then you're "out" (for lack of a better term) and you can do what you want from there.  :)

SkepticBoy

So what is the distinct difference between noticing and phasing?

Xanth

Phasing is a type of projection.
Noticing is a method to which you use to do Phasing.  :)

I suggest this:  http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/2010/09/06/what-is-phasing-and-noticing/

TurtleSnake

Indeed. Let it roll. I did a bit more last night and found myself starting to get more vivid imagery, and for some reason relatively clear views of strange faces that kept.... morphing from one to another. My mind seems a strange critter.

One thing I will say that has helped me (When I used to do noticing before I knew what it was I'd rarely get to even faint images without significant time) is qi gong exercises I've been doing over the last couple of years with my wing chin sifu here. Its a simple one focused on opening up all your senses so that you receive all the information from them but focus on nothing (soong). When I do the same thing when Im noticing I find that it prevents sounds and itches etc. from being a major problem. I can't sustain soong very well yet so occasionally it falters and I go back to technicolor black but doesnt take to long to get back to where I was.

Anyway, keep on crackin eh.