News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Quick loss of consciousness

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammie

Recently I have instead of rolling out of body, float downwards with my legs firts and then my head. This because there is some stuff next to my bed which could hurt me if i rolled physically. I have noticed that I more quickly loose consciousness once out because I float through the bed maybe even below the floor, and I only see "that purple vortex I usually see, unless I open my eyes astrally(but nothing to see inside a bed..)". For some reason I very quickly loose my consciousness because of this? :/

Xanth

I find that passing through otherwise solid objects (walls, floors, etc) causes me to return to physical waking consciousness.  Not ALL the time, but most of the time.
Usually though, I can feel it happen and when it does, I remain perfectly still and keep my eyes closed and within a few seconds I'll be right back where I was.

So that's your tip of the day... when you realize you're waking up, allow the wake up process to happen, just DO NOT open your eyes and DO NOT move.
Within (for me) less than a minute, you'll be right back to where you were.  :)

Sammie

Thank you, I will avoid traveling through solid objects, lol.

Xanth

Quote from: Sammie on June 30, 2017, 06:12:29
Thank you, I will avoid traveling through solid objects, lol.
Well don't avoid it.  :)
It might not be a problem YOU ever see.
So do it and find out!  Personal experiments. 

Sammie

So, got out the other day and hade this dumb idea suddenly... I decided to try and go through a solid thick wall..... I started slowing down as I travelled further throw it and thought, I don't want to be stuck in this weird wall seeing creepy pipes and excrement... Then I lost consciousness.... :/ Also when I exited my body I could not see as it has been recently, but this time I actually rolled out as opposed to sinking out, still couldn't see.. So I decided to see, and so I did, but it was a bit blurry. Although, thanks to my vision I managed to get stuck in a wall...

Selski

I'd be inclined to change your thinking. Walls are just walls. Pipes are just pipes, there's nothing creepy about them. There is absolutely no way you can stuck in anything, given you're not a physical body. Even if you do feel stuck, think about needing a pee, and you'll be back before you can say boo.

TBH, I'd say it's nothing to do with your vision and everything to your with your thoughts.

We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Sammie

To be clear, I'm not really scared of anything once I'm out I just didn't wanna get stuck in that wall as I wanted to continue the experience and do something more fun... The vision I have no clue as to why it has been gone lately. Maybe it is because I don't wait for the exit these days, I more kind force myself out as fast I know I'm enough disconnected(just enough) from my body or whatever, to exit with a little force.

Selski

OK, I understand now. Impatience is an AP killer. I know because it was something I had to learn to overcome. Once I'd learned (and it took me eons) to enjoy what I was doing right now, whether that be trying to get out of a wall I'd got myself stuck in (yes, me too), extracting my astral body from my physical body, untangling myself from astral bedclothes (sheesh!) or any other such annoying things, then my experiences started improving.

It seems to be that APing is on a parallel with mindfulness and being in the present moment.

With regards to blindness, that was also one of my issues. Sight came when I stopped worrying/focussing on being blind. If you've seen the first Harry Potter film, there's a great scene when the three of them fall into a hole that is covered in arms/hands reaching out to grab them. Hermione gets through but the boys are struggling because they are focussing on the hands and trying to get away from them. Hermione tells them to 'relax and let go' and as soon as the boys do this, the hands lose their power and they fall through to safety. That's a nice metaphor for blindness (and indeed any other annoyance) when projecting.
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

ThaomasOfGrey

Yes, I have found impatience, boredom and needing or wanting an outcome to all be considerable blockers. In addition to enjoying and being in the now, a mindset of detachment can be effective - especially for dealing with any fear scenario. The type of detachment I am talking about is like enduring a Sauna for as long as one can. You acknowledge the feeling of the heat and the bodily urge to leave, but you remain mentally calm and disjointed from those impulses, as if you are an observer of the discomfort only rather than the subject.

Lumaza

QuoteThe type of detachment I am talking about is like enduring a Sauna for as long as one can. You acknowledge the feeling of the heat and the bodily urge to leave, but you remain mentally calm and disjointed from those impulses, as if you are an observer of the discomfort only rather than the subject.
That's an excellent description of the mindset you need to have Thoamas!  8-)

One of the first and the most important lessons I was taught was to learn how to "passively observe" before reacting. It's a hard "impulse" to rewire. It's just like trying to not move your real fingers, while you are trying to move them "etherically" for the first time. It normally takes many tries and a lot of practice before you can learn to turn those mental impulses off or at least learn more control over them.
When you finally do though, you can prolong your experience quite a bit. Jurgen Ziewe does this and he can stay in that state for a long time now. Many years of practice, patience and perseverance got him to that point though.

I have found in this practice that it teaches us the overall ability to kind of rewire or deprogram some of the characteristics and even physical parts of our being.

You always have "Helpers" when needed though. At first they want you to get your bearings before they step in. Call "they" what you wish, "Higher Self", "Spirit Guide" or "Other". You are never alone.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla