News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

" Hypnagogic Dream music"

Previous topic - Next topic

Gimble

Hey all,

This Wierd Experience has happened to me quite a few times in my life, and here looks like a good place to discuss it and try to find out if anyone else has felt this before.

Well anyway, the moment's before sleep often associated with Hypnagogic imagery is the time period in which in talking about. Especially times when you loose lucidity, and then go and off and "Semi-Dream" whatever your mind conjures, and then all of a sudden - you realise your dreaming, and it all fades away.

Well on certain occasions, instead of these Semi-Dreams, i actually hear music playing in my head. But the thing is, it's music ive never heard before, almost like a place in a dream where ive never been before. I just find it interesting.

To note it: To me, its usually soft rock/rock music ( Music of the heavens? - I think so :D). And for anyone who has played Sims 1, to me it sounds alot like the rock music you can play on the stereo.

I have involved myself in music for the past 8 years of my life, and composition is probably my favourite part. The thing is, when i regain lucidity, and actually realise that ive been Semi-Dreaming it turns out that the songs are quite catchy.

Maybe it shows the development within the brain that i have worked on, and that it truly has been "trained" in a way. Writing this up has led me to another idea that perhaps painters participate in a much more vivid visual aspect of visualisation.

Back on track, as soon as i learn of what my mind is doing it fades away almost immediately. Darned mind !

I think this goes to show that the mind does express it self in many ways. Maybe i could tailor this to a projection technique or something of the sort.

Anyway, has anyone else felt this before, or Hypnagogic feelings of a different sort than visual, that suits your most advanced sense?

gimble
Take my charge with pride, sacrifice

nanook

so far i  have heard:

- punk/funk/jazz (like the stooges)
- children choir (that one was incredibly spooky)
- women choir
- techno crap like 'spongle'
- french street music
- modern pop like J. Timberlake/neptunes
- noize .....

btw, i like music, listen a lot to it, but i am not musically at all, really!. can hardly remember any melody.

so it don't believe in your theorie: Maybe it shows the development within the brain that i have worked on

it seems it's all about trouble with _accessing_ memory or so called creativity, not with _having it_

Hannah b

hey!

my list of things I have heard so far during my experiences:

choirs big, choirs single, radio static, tv static, dentists drill, drill of something very unpleasant, clapping, jazz, some pretty bad soundalike of massive attack and portishead with very mysterious lyrics, hip hop and rap,crappy computer game music, indian drums, tibetean gongs, preaching, roars, screeches, scarry evilish voices that try to scare me but i don't care for them no more, voices, voices, voices...

have you tried asking for the music/voice to modify itself like: please you guys play it a bit quieter,or play it more funky or can you please not sound so devilish? lol!! it works and it's really amazing  :surprise:
The only constant in the Universe is change

Gimble

Quoteso it don't believe in your theorie: Maybe it shows the development within the brain that i have worked on

it seems it's all about trouble with _accessing_ memory or so called creativity, not with _having it_

Hmm, i partially agree with you Nanook, but to an extent i dont, because i guess there are a few pros and cons that can be looked at...

Positives to my argument

I hardly ever listen to soft/acoustic rock. Most of the time its Metal of some sort. Yes i agree that at least i KNOW what acoustic rock sounds like because i actually have heard it before...BUT wouldn't it most likely be music of a heavier sort?. For example - in learning to kick a ball, you dont end up knowing the French alphabet :doh:

Sure i know what some syllables sound like, and a general impression of its phrasing, but at the end of the day, by playing football, im most likely going to learn how to kick a ball.

Therefore i dont believe that my mind is accessing the memory of an acoustic song ( genre i dont listen too ) that i've never heard before.

BUT, it could be the creation of my creativity.

Where the line blurs

Sure i agree with you, everybody has creativity. But by working it and working it, naturally it increases and develops, such as trained ears can pick up sounds that others miss, a creative mind can create things that others can not.
And as all humans posses it, natural skill levels in creativy are therefore permitted to fluctuate between person to person.

The Part where i agree with you/Flaw's in my idea

Sure, it also has to do with actually accessing that part of the brain during that state of mind. And i believe that places like this, that encourage AP's, OBE's, consciousness changes actually developing things pertaining to the mind. Therefore, thinking about what you've said i am admitting that you are partially right.

If it didnt rely on accessing the brain , and that wasnt the problem, well then this sensation would be a worldwide occurrence, and wouldn't be just stuck to circles such as these. There are millions of musical people, and therefore, it would become a fact of life

Conclusion

I believe that EVERYONE has the ability to feel this, but depends on

Musical Ability ( Natural or otherwise ) OR General creativity
AND
The ability for us to actually access it from ourselves.

Btw, this is only my opinion, and dont take it anywhere if you dont want, its just what i think

And Nanook, i think we all can hold melodies in our mind ( Who cant remember their own national anthem, or our favourite song, or even the top 10 song at the moment ).

:wink: But i think it's got more to do with composing your own melody, because that's the hard part.

gimble

Hannah B, thats so awesome, the kind of stuff you've heard  :grin:

Quotehave you tried asking for the music/voice to modify itself like: please you guys play it a bit quieter,or play it more funky or can you please not

I cant, because when i actually catch myself hearing the music, i achieve lucidity of it, and it goes away...but i can still remember it. Its like doing something you didnt know you were doing  :razz:

[/u]
Take my charge with pride, sacrifice

nanook

of course i can remember melodies but _hardly_ compared to a person that has a musically brain

i dont belive spirit, including memory is inside the brain's developed hardware and chemical structure, i see the brain as just a filter, so musically people have better brain meaning better hardware acces to spirit (just that musically aspect at least)

btw my view is not verry far from science, if at all.

also:
perceiving something as perfect does not neccecarily mean it _is_ perfect. if your mind just thinks it is hearing beautifull perfect mixed dolby surround studio music, that would be as "true" as any percerption can ever be ...

spirit is all about 'everything equals nothing'

*singing* aum mane peme hung ~ aum mane peme hung ...

QuoteTherefore i dont believe that my mind is accessing the memory of an acoustic song

i agree but it is accessing memory of "snippets" and using simple "math" to mix it to something new. music as a 'composition' is not that complex at all but is based on formulas. the complex thing are the sounds, the waves, but these are so naturally inside spirit that it's not a big deal. think: everything that can be perceiveable to the spirit MUST have a mirroring resonance in spirit . otherwise you could not perceive it (could not decrypt music signals to what your spirit calls 'melody' - your spirit creates a melody whenever you _hear it_ from a tape). so your spirit can easily "create" everything you can perceive. so you don't need to be expert for children rhymes to "create" them. still i think every talent ist just about acces, because there is no big deal in creation. creations grow naturally out of emptiness. its accually hard not to create something. thoug you can easyly dissociate everithing from conscios perception.

have you ever heard music while you where so stressed that you were unable to recognize it as music(melody) ? sounds like repetitive noise from road works

ever read that much typos?