News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

remembering your AP

Previous topic - Next topic

prometheus2050

I saw an old topic on this and it is a topic of concern for me after listening to other masters of this field like robert bruce and william bullman both of these people have material for sale on how to AP and they both state that getting out is not the hard part but remembering it is.

if this is the case, after spending a fare amount of time on this site I am not getting that vib at all.
is that because everyone here is projecting a different way then they are teaching to do it. that being the wild approch.
which is the way I am going about it and that is doing it at night or in a tired state where one is ready to fall asleep there for the body/mind is naturally ready for this shifting state of consciousness. and the key is to hold onto the conscious mind part and let the body fall asleep.

so in doing it this way. as long as one stays awake through the whole process is it easy to remember your AP?

Astralzombie

Some OOBE seem impossible to forget. That's how much they will mean to you. Other's will just be like any ol' "dream". That's because they are one and the same with different degrees of awareness. Gaining your awareness and keeping it takes time and practice.

If you don't wake yourself up right after an OOBE, you will probably just think of it as a normal dream and you will remember it as likely as you normally do. Again, this will take time time but don't worry. You'll be so amazed when it finally happens, that you are in little danger of forgetting the first few. When it becomes routine, the problem reemerges.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Contenteo

They are for profit. They have to say stuff like that. What desert just said is more then right. Astral experience are etched into your memory way more hardcore then any physical memory. I remember pretty much all of my deeper ones in full. All of them. And I don't even try. You'll see, each one is very special.

Cheers,
Contenteo

LightBeam

I remember all of my APs like I remember significant physical events. They are different than dreams, where you can wake up and have fade memories and fragments. I don't pay attention to dreams because they are results of my own sub consciousness manipulating astral energy and creating temporary scenarios. They do take place in the astral, but only in the immediate layer of your thoughts, and they are influenced by our everyday physical life and events. APs on the other hand are manipulated by most of your awareness, thus allowing you to take the lead so to speak, realize where you are and what are you experiencing and transfer the full content of the experience into your physical brain and remember it. Also during APs if you are experienced you can visit places outside of your immediate thought responsive layer of the astral and actually explore more stable already established worlds and communicate with real entities.
I haven't read much of Robert Bruce, but I have read both William Buhlman's books and I don't recall him speaking of difficulty remembering his OBEs.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Astralzombie

Hi Lightbeam.

I used to feel the same way about regular dreams but I have personally realized that my own are much more than subconscious junk being processed in random bits. If I don't phase or project, I'd much rather just go with the dream than change it all up. Sometimes, however, I will get lucid but not enough to project. Our minds are weird when we lose our awareness and then suddenly regain it. :lol:

I know that you are not calling dreams junk but the west feels like this in general about dreaming.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

LightBeam

Quote from: its_all_bad on April 14, 2013, 14:49:36

I know that you are not calling dreams junk but the west feels like this in general about dreaming.

No definitely dreams are not junk. They help us evaluate our deep beliefs and fears. Sometimes dreams can be precognitive, and sometimes passed on loved ones may pop in to give us messages. But most of them are reflections. I said I don't pay attention to them because I know that being human I cant escape certain fears, so unpleasant dreams do not concern me because I know what they are. On the other hand when I have full awareness and am able to navigate the experiences with my entire knowledge and wisdom behind, I never have unpleasant APs. 
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Xanth

Usually, I have troubles remembering what I had for breakfast that morning.  ;)

prometheus2050

thank you so much for your answers. that is definitely a relief to know, now I just have to get out. how many of you project from a conscious starting point. meaning you are awake you lay down still the body for a while and than project. I have a float tank and I make my AP attempts at night before I go to bed, at 11pm and than float for about 3hrs. the tank allows you to loose the body quite quickly about 15min and then it seems your left with just your mind. and at this point is when I feel it is time to project but sense I have been unsuccessful so far I must be missing a step or more.

one more thing I suck at visualizations.

how does one get around this. 

Astralzombie

Just lose your expectations. Any sort of success that doesn't match your initial expectations will cause you to question and then ultimately, dismiss the experience.

I think a lot of beginners really have low expectations. They think at best, it will be an amazing dream. Well,  even your best dream up to that point doesn't come close to feeling real. That's because you feel disconnected in a regular dream. You don't have your full awareness. Any situation in this physical reality that we don't have our full awareness, be it from drug/alcohol use or a knock to the head, will feel the same way when recalled.

How real do you think anything is when you don't place your full awareness on it? That's where questions like, "If a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it, does it make a sound?" come from.

Now imagine how hard it is to visualize a non physical experience that feels just as real as a physical experience while we are dividing our attention on both. You have to lose all your physical awareness to understand how a non physical experience can be just as real.

You only think you suck at visualizations because you are still focusing on something physical.

Good luck.

Mark Twain

Lionheart

Quote from: prometheus2050 on April 15, 2013, 13:34:52
one more thing I suck at visualizations.

how does one get around this. 
ALLOW the visuals to materialise in front of you.

Just the simple act of noticing is enough to jump start visuals alone.

Remember though, just passively observe them with an air of curiosity.

You will see when you do, they will morph into full blown scenarios.

You could jumpstart the process though by thinking about the destination you wish to see. That usually triggers a visual.

Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

LightBeam

Quote from: prometheus2050 on April 15, 2013, 13:34:52
how many of you project from a conscious starting point. meaning you are awake you lay down still the body for a while and than project.

I have tried this for years and could never achieve an AP even from a deep relaxed state. I would just get disoriented slightly paralyzed and experience flickers and visions, but could never fully OBE.  And I think per what I read not many people can achieve it, or it takes a very long time. I have at least 3 APs per week but I am applying one of Buhlman's techniques, which got me started with great success. After three four weeks of before bed visualization (and you said it's not your thing, but if you can day dream then you can visualize. It doesn't have to be like you have to "see" it with your internal eyes. No, you just have to imagine that you are somewhere else, walking on a beach, feeling the sand, smelling the air, listening the waves. Just imagine it. Do this as you are falling asleep. It will take you no longer than 15 min. Then suggest and repeat to yourself that you are out of body and you will remember your experience. Give this suggestion every night and you will be surprised at the effect. But you must be patient and wait and do it EVERY night. Then what happens, after you raise your internal frequency, you will be awaken in the middle of your sleep either by vibrations or just will know that you are about to AP and from then just get up and explore.

You can continue trying through meditation, but if you don't succeed, I suggest you to switch to another method and give it a try. I lost over 10 years trying that way and couldn't do it. However, now with the right technique for me I am a pro :-P, so don't be afraid to try different things, but give each method some time, I would say at least two months, then move on to the next one until you see results.
Captain Jack Sparrow

prometheus2050

thank you for all the advice every one.

the reason I like the before bed method is because it easier to just remain conscious, and more likely to remember it happened, I am just wondering if it is possible to be to awake, after the body is asleep when making the attempt to exit? from most of what I have read at least half of the time the exit is a conscious attempt. I sleep so deeply that I rarely  wake up in the night. I tried the wbtb thing with the timers for a long time and once I fall asleep Im just OUT, no control. that is why I was so worried about the remembering part.

Lionheart

Quote from: prometheus2050 on April 17, 2013, 00:14:14
thank you for all the advice every one.

the reason I like the before bed method is because it easier to just remain conscious, and more likely to remember it happened, I am just wondering if it is possible to be to awake, after the body is asleep when making the attempt to exit? from most of what I have read at least half of the time the exit is a conscious attempt. I sleep so deeply that I rarely  wake up in the night. I tried the wbtb thing with the timers for a long time and once I fall asleep Im just OUT, no control. that is why I was so worried about the remembering part.
Try using your "internal timer"!  :-)

You can program your mind to do whatever you wish.

Just start with a simple "I awaken in my Dreams Conciously aware".

Never say I will, say I do. Then see yourself doing it.

I use a quite lengthy technique myself where I saw and visualize the words I am saying at the same time.

I feel that gives more power to the words, just as writing your thoughts does.

I say EVERY night "By my act of will, I RELEASE my focus over my physical body. PLEASE TAKE ME to your desired destination. SHOW ME what I need TO SEE. TEACH ME what I need TO LEARN. I AWAKEN in my Dreams consciously aware, so I may LEARN FROM and ENJOY THEM. I become LUCID in them, so I may REMEMBER them".

Some nights I find I follow my sleep pattern consciously aware right into the Dream. Other times I awaken in the Dreams consciously aware.

This has a 100% success rate with me.

I will repeat that, this has a 100% success rate with me.

I am not saying this to brag or boastt. I am saying this to help you.

I have written this process down on this Forum many times. But I know many people are not using it, possibly because it is too long, labor intensive, drawn out or that they don't think they need to.

But i have learned with this practice and everything else i have wanted to achieve in my life, that it's all or nothing.

I either do what it takes or I don't do it, period!  :wink: