News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Sexual Hypnogogic State

Previous topic - Next topic

David Warner

Ap Friends,

Many times when I have trouble falling a sleep, or (try) entering the  hypnogogic state I will create a scene, act of sexual fantasy with one or more occupants.

I started to think about this today on my drive to work and started to realize what is the difference. I use this as my ability to enter the trance state and experience the OBE through guided illusion of sexual fantasy. But how to recognize at a specific level I'm anchored into the mind-awake body asleep state that will give me the green light to project.

I am thinking if I can incorporate this method, imagine how many obe's that could be triggered and to help others. Its one thing to wait for about 15-20mins and wake back up into the trance state, but using this as a guided tour might just make it easier.

Your thoughts are welcomed.

Tvos
InvisibleLight - Book Release 12.12.2012
www.invisiblelight.us

El-Bortukali

My mind when i close my eyes/sleeps/try to sleep creates such content,but i don't think i have ever achieved the mind-awake body asleep state.

one issue-by going trough such content the body is very likely to produce an erection.won't that distract the mind and make it focus on the physical aspect?

but i wish you all the luck with this!
if  you  can  develop this method 'll be astral projecting everyday! ;)
Tá mo chroí istigh ionat

kiwibonga

I use a technique which consists in imagining yourself falling down from a cliff or a skyscraper. It should turn into a dream as you're falling, and you'll be unconscious until you hit the ground, which will give you a shock.

The shock allows you to suddenly see hypnogogic images. If you are disciplined enough, you can stay in the trance state ; otherwise you run the risk of losing focus or waking up fully.

This is a non-standard visualisation method because the dream has a major event that happens as a natural response. It seems to be pretty effective.
OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006

jub jub

It's an interesting concept. I can't help but think that it would cause such intense feelings of arousal that relief would be the next logical step!  hearts7 It would be too much of a distraction for me.

I don't know, keep trying and let us know if you're successful!
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

David Warner

Now if I can bridge the sexual part and cross over to the obe - bet I could project every night..:)

I've had other experiences that this technique has been used. Example: driving a car and then realizing the dream is stable and I'm in the trance state the mechanical OBE and exit occurs.

So without saying, its a method that could easily make the experience exciting,easy and adventureous leading into the obe.

tvos
www.invisiblelight.us

El-Bortukali

looking foward for  developments!
Tá mo chroí istigh ionat

David Warner

nothing as of yet... it always seems when I try to use this approach two things will happen.. one I can't speak of on this board and two i will slip into a dream of tvos's harem...:)

tvos
www.invisiblelight.us

TheDarkChakra

I doubt it will work. I almost every night fall asleep thinking about sexual content and I never had no OOBE or lucid dream. I just wake up with an erection the next day.

kiwibonga

But the simple thought of sexual content obviously is not going to trigger an OBE -- it is however a great way to soothe the mind.

I think the trick is to reproduce an orgasm in your mind, a state of pure bliss where you are receiving no sensations besides pure energy. Use this sensation to "phase out" of the physical.

The problem is the amount of time you can focus on it... I guess it's similar to what Robert Peterson says about that faint ring in your ears -- according to him, if you manage to stay concentrated on that sound for 3 minutes straight, you will have an OBE... It's all about discipline and focus in the end, and it takes a tremendous amount of practice!

I don't know if you've ever tried focusing on that sound... I don't think I've ever managed to get past the 5 second barrier :P

El-Bortukali

Quote from: TheDarkChakraI doubt it will work. I almost every night fall asleep thinking about sexual content and I never had no OOBE or lucid dream. I just wake up with an erection the next day.

yep. same here. i also wake up thinking about the same ;o

about the noise/sound thing.

I've  heard that noise all my life quite frequently until like a 1/2 years ago.
now i hear it rarely.but what's funny is that i hear it every time i go to sleep.
(all the noise cease) and if i try hard i can amplify the sound.

using it to obe?,ah I've tried concentrating on the sound to see what would happen but nothing ever happened.
3  minutes you said?,i wasn't counting :lol:

i ve read that hearing this sound is kinda of a medical condition.
Tá mo chroí istigh ionat

Cosmic_Ambitions

Sometimes, when I begin my meditations I will begin feeling my "sexual" chakra charging up... Eventually the charge will move up to my heart, but when it's "lower" it can get very distracting! I've also noticed that I've gotten waves of vibrating energy that move upwards through my body... It almost feels like a "full body orgasm", to put it bluntly. However, this can last for many minutes depending on your level of focus, whereas the other... (not so long!)  :lol:

PUL,
Cosmic_Ambitions

kiwibonga

Quote from: El-Bortukaliusing it to obe?,ah I've tried concentrating on the sound to see what would happen but nothing ever happened.

You need to restart the counter as soon as you stop listening to it :)

It's a technique for meditation, really, about as effective as breath awareness...

El-Bortukali

you mean,i need to make the sound'alive' again?
Tá mo chroí istigh ionat

kiwibonga

Well, have you really been able to listen to the sound continuously, without ever thinking of anything else at all, making your mind empty of all thought besides this sound?

TheDarkChakra

Oh I heard of that technique, rumors say it's very effective. That's easy way to have an oobe. All you need is sh**load of concentration and no other skills necessary.

El-Bortukali

Quote from: kiwibongaWell, have you really been able to listen to the sound continuously, without ever thinking of anything else at all, making your mind empty of all thought besides this sound?

yes i have. to such a degree that my ears started to hurt  :redface:

but,to be honest  i never thought this sound i've been hearing  all my life could actually make me have an OBE :shock:

could this be a sort of Magnetic manipulation?

darn, now this thing caught my attention ;o
Tá mo chroí istigh ionat

kiwibonga

It's nothing magical or energetic... You could have a tape playing a tone constantly next to you and concentrate on that...

It's just that it's impossible to concentrate on silence, pretty much because there's never real silence, there'll always be a noise, and if it doesn't come from outside, it'll come from within you. By concentrating on a constant sound like the ringing of your ears, you allow yourself to lose track of time and space, and that's the best way to reach an altered state of consciousness.

TheDarkChakra

Hey kiwi, I use Brainwave Entertainment to induce myself the perfect frequencies for Astral Projection, can I focus on that and AP succesfuly?

David Warner

i never been too successful with the brainwave generator or new age shamanic music to change my awareness and exit the body. i fully understand the target and what its trying to achieve and its good practice.

tvos
www.invisiblelight.us

Covelo

Yes, I too have had many experiences with this seemingly "ever-present" sound in the head.  I believe in Hindu and/or Yogic teachings this is called the Divine Sound which can be utilized in many ways.  I have seen writings by Paramahansa Yogananda specifically speaking to this sound and how one can utilize it in different ways.

I have experiemented with this sound in different ways, like trying to make it get louder or go deeper into it, as well using it to boost healing and focus certain thoughtforms.

TVOS,

I too have had this other thing happen which is happening with you as you say, but, instead of using the energy in a sexual, or astral experience, I found that it could be redirected into other areas of the body and the complete physical body... after which I would feel as refreshed and recharged as ever.  I would also do deep breathing in conjunction with this.  It really seemed like I was becoming a human energy generator.

After practicing these methods for some time on a daily basis I began to perceive new developments in other "psychic" areas, not to mention the non-stop energy "charge" which seemed to stay with me throughout the day.

:color: Good Energy... :color:
--Positive Energy--

Arn de Gothia

Quote from: El-Bortukali
Quote from: TheDarkChakraI doubt it will work. I almost every night fall asleep thinking about sexual content and I never had no OOBE or lucid dream. I just wake up with an erection the next day.

yep. same here. i also wake up thinking about the same ;o

about the noise/sound thing.

I've  heard that noise all my life quite frequently until like a 1/2 years ago.
now i hear it rarely.but what's funny is that i hear it every time i go to sleep.
(all the noise cease) and if i try hard i can amplify the sound.

using it to obe?,ah I've tried concentrating on the sound to see what would happen but nothing ever happened.

i ve read that hearing this sound is kinda of a medical condition.

It's called Tinnitus, atleast when it's loud enough to cause you to bang your head to the wall. Not very fun believe me

El-Bortukali

tell me about it...
hehehe,thank god i don't have it anymore.
Tá mo chroí istigh ionat

-E-

you know you could easily be onto something with the sexual fantasy method of reaching the mind awake body asleep state.

As sexual urges are one of human's most natural urges, it is easy to stimulate the human mind using these images and thoughts, however the body will be getting more and more relaxed but due to the sexual nature of your thoughts your mind should stay awake quite efficiently, this methods got good logic behind it.

David Warner

-E-,

I've tried using this technique in the past and it is hit and miss for me. For the last 19yrs I've been using the same technique to exit the body (mind awake/body asleep) and enter that state of awareness mostly by luck, but also recognization.

This technique to me would be almost classified as a virtual projection where you submit yourself into the environment while you are conscious and the reality emerges. It might be a easier technique then some, but still requires a lot of skill.

Tvos
www.invisiblelight.us

-E-

ah right yeh i see, can i ask what technique you most regularly use for exit?